Author Topic: My first mechanical keyboard key chattering!  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Pavilions

My first mechanical keyboard key chattering!
« on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 10:48:25 »
Hello,

I just received my Poker II Keyboard with Cherry MX brown switches and I was so happy with it until I found out the E letter is repeating while I click. I searched online trying to open the top cover of the switch but I couldn't do it it's like stuck really hard, I saw some videos that people said that you have to desolder it and open the whole switch to clean it but I don't know if it will help or not.

any bits of advice?

Offline killyou

Re: My first mechanical keyboard key chattering!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 10:51:02 »
Desolderning and cleaning/changing a switch would work but since it's new just ask for replacement. You won't be able to open plate-mounted switch unless you have a plate that's designed to allow that.

Offline Pavilions

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 12:08:30 »
The issue is that I have ordered this keyboard from a third party company which it costs a lot already. I can't send it for a replacement I have to fix it my self or order parts for it. I found brown switches at Mechanicalkeybaords.com but Idon't know if it's at the same quality. I'm thinking of ordering them and reinstall the switches to this keyboard at least only for the E letter. I tried to clean it but for some reason, I can't open the upper switch case I don't know why I think I have to desolder it so I can open it.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 12:33:18 »
The issue is that I have ordered this keyboard from a third party company which it costs a lot already. I can't send it for a replacement I have to fix it my self or order parts for it. I found brown switches at Mechanicalkeybaords.com but Idon't know if it's at the same quality. I'm thinking of ordering them and reinstall the switches to this keyboard at least only for the E letter. I tried to clean it but for some reason, I can't open the upper switch case I don't know why I think I have to desolder it so I can open it.

With the exception of some aftermarket plates you can't open an MX switch while it's mounted in the plate. The plates just don't allow you to open the switch. To remove the switch from the plate requires de-soldering the switch from the PCB.
REΛLFORCE

Offline Manning

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 03:26:20 »
Dust – Dust in a major factor contributing to this key chattering problem in mechanical keyboards. Dust can go in the mechanical switches and can cause malfunction of switches. ... Faulty Switches – Faulty and Defective mechanical switches is another major cause of key chattering in mechanical keyboards kroger survey
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2020, 01:07:30 by Manning »

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 January 2020, 04:28:24 »
Dust – Dust in a major factor contributing to this key chattering problem in mechanical keyboards. Dust can go in the mechanical switches and can cause malfunction of switches. ... Faulty Switches – Faulty and Defective mechanical switches is another major cause of key chattering in mechanical keyboards.

Why revive a dead topic?
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline steveharis22

• greatpeople.me
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 11:06:01 »
In the event that your keyboard is in guarantee, at that point you can issue a RMA ask for and get a substitution yet it is a touch of tedious and it is likewise not ensured that the new keyboard won't face this chattering issue Greatpeople.me

Offline shadowcelery

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 14:33:14 »
Did you make sure that it is the latest firmware patch because I remember that my ducky one 2 mini had a similar key chattering issue that even opening and cleaning the switch didnt help but I found that they had released firmware to fix the chatter problem.