geekhack Community > Input Devices

Definitive Omron Switch Guide for Mice

<< < (2/44) > >>

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Sat, 30 April 2016, 06:10:50 ---Silver tarnishes just like copper..

--- End quote ---

Silver needs a secondary element to make it happen, sulphur is the most common and it's found in eggs and mustard, which is why tableware tarnish. Copper will tarnish and oxidize simply from exposure to air and moisture, work with it a teeny bit and it's shocking how fast it does it, especially when exposed to heat.  The tarnish on silver is also easily removed compared to the carbonate that copper forms, simply operating the switch should keep it relatively clean provided it's a silver to silver contact. Not so with copper.

louiscar:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Fri, 29 April 2016, 23:23:04 ---Background:
Spring rates (-F)
MoreThe next important indicator you want to know is the -F
DCF2 =150g actuating force
DCF2 -F = 75g actuation force 

--- End quote ---
Thanks for this information, good to see the data in one place. I got here naturally because I needed to replace switches for my Steelseries Sensei RAW.

Just a couple of things: I presume the above was a typo - it confused me for a bit but I guess you meant D2FC not DCF2?

There is one switch I can't find here or what / where to get. This is the micro switch for the scroll wheel. It's a square format maybe 5-7mm and from what I can see has no markings on it.
On my mouse this is the one I really need to replace as it's stopped working. Any ideas what they use for this?

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: louiscar on Sat, 23 July 2016, 17:23:32 ---
Spring rates (-F)

--- End quote ---
Thanks for this information, good to see the data in one place. I got here naturally because I needed to replace switches for my Steelseries Sensei RAW.

Just a couple of things: I presume the above was a typo - it confused me for a bit but I guess you meant D2FC not DCF2?

There is one switch I can't find here or what / where to get. This is the micro switch for the scroll wheel. It's a square format maybe 5-7mm and from what I can see has no markings on it.
On my mouse this is the one I really need to replace as it's stopped working. Any ideas what they use for this?

--- End quote ---
Good catch, it's now fixed.

The switch you are talking about is a Panasonic switch (based on pictures of the Raw torn down).
This should be it.
http://my.element14.com/panasonic-electronic-components/evqp0e07k/switch-6-2x6-2mm-0-74n/dp/2079570#ProductSubstitutes
Omron makes something similar (and 4x the cost) called a B3M-6009 tactile switch, scroll down on the link above and you will see that they interchange.

Don't rush out for the Omron thinking it's any better.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Sat, 23 July 2016, 20:19:44 ---
--- Quote from: louiscar on Sat, 23 July 2016, 17:23:32 ---
Spring rates (-F)

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Good catch, it's now fixed.

The switch you are talking about is a Panasonic switch (based on pictures of the Raw torn down).
This should be it.
http://my.element14.com/panasonic-electronic-components/evqp0e07k/switch-6-2x6-2mm-0-74n/dp/2079570#ProductSubstitutes
Omron makes something similar (and 4x the cost) called a B3M-6009 tactile switch, scroll down on the link above and you will see that they interchange.

--- End quote ---

Those square switches are mushy..

louiscar:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Sat, 23 July 2016, 20:19:44 ---

--- End quote ---

Brilliant! Thank you, hopefully I can get one in UK or ebay.
I see the switches I have in the RAW (actually a badged version) are 10M rather than 20M not that I'm bothered too much. I will probably change the lot and I have a second one in service which I had bought cheaply so I broke that one out to use, so no great hurry to get the old one back up and running.

It's curious that Steelseries decided to use a possibly less durable switch for the scroll wheel but I expect (as in most cases) it doesn't get as much action as the others do so they figured it'd probably last as long. It's the first to go in mine though as the other switches are all are fine.

Thanks again for your kind help.

regards

Louis

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version