Author Topic: Things you hate  (Read 251516 times)

Offline BoxWithADot

Re: Things you hate
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 08:24:27 »
My current hate. Knowing packages are for delivery. I need to shower, but I don't want to miss my goods!
It's one of those: shower now, miss packages. Wait for packages, it'll be hours.
So torn! Third world problems I tell ya!

Shower now! What if the postman is an attractive woman?! That happens sometimes, right?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #451 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 08:25:16 »
I would say scour the office for a USB plug! Or in the future, keep some at work. Or if you have about three dozen like I do, stash them in every coat you wear! Never be without the plug!!

Might do just that...

*gets up to get coffee - sneaks back into the IT room to dig for cables*

Found one yet?  ;D ;D

My quest to obtain a substitute USB cable has gone unfinished...

All there was back in the IT room were USB printer cables (USB B).  Of no use to me...

Will have to take an early lunch today, so as to get my Model M sooner rather than later.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #452 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 08:27:22 »
I would say scour the office for a USB plug! Or in the future, keep some at work. Or if you have about three dozen like I do, stash them in every coat you wear! Never be without the plug!!

Might do just that...

Found one yet?  ;D ;D

All there was back in the IT room were USB printer cables (USB B).  Of no use to me...

Will have to take an early lunch today, so as to get my Model M sooner rather than later.

Hope your colleagues dont mind the noise :D

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #453 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 08:33:08 »

Might do just that...

Found one yet?  ;D ;D

Hope your colleagues dont mind the noise :D

I've used my Model M at work plenty of times, with no complaints.  Hopefully the new people in the surrounding cubicles don't mind the noise...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Things you hate
« Reply #454 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 08:40:08 »
My current hate. Knowing packages are for delivery. I need to shower, but I don't want to miss my goods!
It's one of those: shower now, miss packages. Wait for packages, it'll be hours.

Shower now! What if the postman is an attractive woman?! That happens sometimes, right?

Ok crazy **** just went down....so I get naked, hop in the shower....when this super hot.....
Nah showered and dressed and not a thing. Now the waiting begins.
Man or woman, I know I don't like this mail person.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #455 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 08:43:10 »
iOS I have had 2 iphones (4 and now a 5) and iOS is still horrible... there, I said it. COME ON JONNY IVES MAKE IT BETTAR

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #456 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 08:47:52 »
iOS I have had 2 iphones (4 and now a 5) and iOS is still horrible... there, I said it. COME ON JONNY IVES MAKE IT BETTAR

Aww I like iOS! Android is probably my favorite, but iOS is still pretty solid IMO. My iPhone 4 has been going strong a couple years now! What don't you like about it?

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #457 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 09:59:05 »
The fact that most keyboard stuff isn't available in the UK. I hate having to wait at least 10 days for anything I want to arrive.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #458 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 10:41:50 »
Just found this thread... Can I say I hate my finals? Can I say I hate studying in Theology? Can I say I hate writing papers?

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #459 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 10:44:09 »
Just found this thread... Can I say I hate my finals? Can I say I hate studying in Theology? Can I say I hate writing papers?

Absolutely. You can say you hate me for all I care. :p
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #460 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 11:26:55 »
I hate it when I forget the USB cable for my keyboard and am forced to use a ****ty Dell rubber dome while at work...

Bring your Model M the next day and exact revenge  :)) :))

Just grabbed my spare Model M from my car.  It's a whole lot noisier than I had originally thought.  Been using it for 10 minutes and I'm already getting glares...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #461 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 11:35:19 »
After getting used to my QFR reds with o-rings, I type barely louder than my co-workers who use their laptop keyboards (regular scissor switch) and the light feel and quick reset of the linear switches is so smooth and flowy. I have to say, I'm almost 100% satisfied and complete in the workspace... Now I only wish my test platforms all had mechanical keyboards too so I'm not constantly switching from RD wireless Chicony boards to cherry reds.... Fantasizing about some sort of device, like a KVM switch that would just transfer a keyboard / mouse USB input between multiple PC's at the flip of a switch.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline iri

« Reply #462 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 12:24:59 »
not sure where to post it... today i modded my qfr reds with o-rings... fine so far, but keycaps became "heavier". i'm still not sure if i like it or not, time will tell. but now my keyboard is quieter than my colleagues' membranes. and i don't care about occasional bottoming out anymore.
and i hate it that i'm typing this on my laptop's membrane keyboard. what a pain. just like typing on clay.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2012, 15:46:06 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #463 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 12:47:24 »
Hate? The band "Say Anything" and interpretive dancing.

That's about it.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #464 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 19:47:13 »
I hate stupidity and incompetence.

I guess it's an INTJ-thing.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #465 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 20:02:33 »
I hate stupidity and incompetence.

I guess it's an INTJ-thing.

I'd be angry at stupid and incompetent people if I was stuck inside me, too...

I also hate me for losing a usb to ps2 adapter from my QFR box...
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2012, 20:17:26 by tjcaustin »

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #466 on: Mon, 10 December 2012, 23:33:29 »
I hate it when I forget the USB cable for my keyboard and am forced to use a ****ty Dell rubber dome while at work...

Bring your Model M the next day and exact revenge  :)) :))

Just grabbed my spare Model M from my car.  It's a whole lot noisier than I had originally thought.  Been using it for 10 minutes and I'm already getting glares...

Buy some of iMav's cards about "your keyboard sucks" and pop it on their desks!  :p :p :p

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #467 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 07:58:34 »
Losing at starcraft :(
Leopold FC700R
Filco Majestouch-2 Multicamo
Korean FR4-87 Lambo Orange Custom

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #468 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 12:12:52 »
People who doesnt respond to PMs

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #469 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 12:20:49 »

Ok crazy **** just went down....so I get naked, hop in the shower....when this super hot.....
Nah showered and dressed and not a thing. Now the waiting begins.
Man or woman, I know I don't like this mail person.

Of course, sometimes what happens is you wait for it all day, it doesn't show up...then you check the online tracking and find that it says "delivery failed", even though you were waiting all day and know that they never tried to deliver it in the first place.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #470 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 16:04:17 »
Of course, sometimes what happens is you wait for it all day, it doesn't show up...then you check the online tracking and find that it says "delivery failed", even though you were waiting all day and know that they never tried to deliver it in the first place.

Oh man that has happened to me so many times. I usually throw a hissy fit like a child not getting a toy.

"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #471 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 16:28:19 »
I once ran out when the deliviery lady was standing right in front of my house. She didn't see a car so she decided no one was home. Didn't even try getting out of the car and ringing the doorbell. >:D
Lazy... woman.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #472 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 16:38:52 »
They have point blank told me they refuse to come to my door anymore the last time I lucked into catching them as I checked the mail.

So yeah, stupid mail people.

I also hate this weird new urge I have to own a full collection of korean custom keyboards.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #473 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 16:48:06 »
I also hate this weird new urge I have to own a full collection of korean custom keyboards.
I hate this infamous urge to get another pair of headphones. Different sound signature, ya know... $#@! it.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #474 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 17:34:36 »
Everything...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #475 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 17:35:42 »

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #476 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 17:41:32 »
Everything...

Oh stahp it you.

Sorry, had such a ****ty day... oh well.  Hopefully tomorrow is better...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline bavman

« Reply #477 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 17:59:29 »
I decided to go with a list of things I hate! no particular order

Finals
Studying in general
Slow drivers
People who drive slow next to another slow car in a freaking 2-lane road and you can't f'ing pass them
Pickles, olives and mushrooms!
The popo
Religion

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #478 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 18:03:01 »
What's with all the hate on religion? I really don't understand that. If someone believes something that you don't, WHO CARES? And if you make the argument that religion causes war: false. There is no such thing as a religion waging war. States wage war.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #479 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 18:08:53 »
Mostly true... except for ****ing JIHAD.  oh and fatwas, KKK, the Crusades, etc.

Offline bavman

« Reply #480 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 18:13:35 »
What's with all the hate on religion? I really don't understand that. If someone believes something that you don't, WHO CARES? And if you make the argument that religion causes war: false. There is no such thing as a religion waging war. States wage war.

I hate religion (and the problem it causes in society)...not religious people. You can do whatever you'd like with your life, I don't go around preaching to people.

That being said, I don't like ignorant people who refuse to believe anything other than whats written in a bible or something.

Also religions don't directly cause war, but people go to war in the name of religions, another reason they're not good for humanity as a whole

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #481 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 18:16:57 »
I don't care about anyones beliefs as long as they keep it for themselves, and it doesn't affect their ability to think critically and act as an individual. Organized religion is yet another political power, hence it can cause (caused and causes) wars.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #482 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 18:30:58 »
I hate this infamous urge to get another pair of headphones. Different sound signature, ya know... $#@! it.

Fortunately, I've been able to soothe that urge with the custom IEMs that I got.  Plus having focal everywhere I don't have headphones in.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #483 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 18:41:37 »
Mostly true... except for ****ing JIHAD.  oh and fatwas, KKK, the Crusades, etc.

Jihad is waged only as a response to statism though - that's a key part of Islam. Who are you to say whether fatwas or sharia doesn't make sense for someone else? The KKK was because of statism since the state legitimized slavery and repression of blacks. The Crusades - again, waged by states! So not mostly true, ALL true!

Also religions don't directly cause war, but people go to war in the name of religions, another reason they're not good for humanity as a whole

Well, no, because "people" don't wage war. STATES wage war. So your argument that religion "isn't good for humanity as a whole" is completely and utterly false. I know a LOT more religious people who would never murder a human being. But I can think of a lot of folks in congress (religious or otherwise) who would.

I don't care about anyones beliefs as long as they keep it for themselves, and it doesn't affect their ability to think critically and act as an individual. Organized religion is yet another political power, hence it can cause (caused and causes) wars.

Well no, religion doesn't "cause" wars. There is a conscious decision made to go to war, which is made by states. And, you should be very careful to critique beliefs of others which cause them to "not think critically or act as an individual" when you seem so sure of yourself that YOU don't have beliefs which affect the way you think and act.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 December 2012, 18:46:19 by keyboardlover »

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #484 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 19:05:50 »
We hate religion because it does more harm than it does good. Zealots and insane extremists think they know what's best for everyone, based on something intangible and frankly fictional.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline bavman

« Reply #485 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 19:30:35 »
It doesn't really do anything good anymore. It has outlived its purpose

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #486 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 20:05:11 »
But...those are your opinions, and you cannot prove them with fact. I and many others believe that religion STILL serves an important purpose for many people. You cannot control what anyone believes, so why be against it? Your arguments against religion, which is a type of belief, simply don't make sense. Just because religion doesn't make sense for you, doesn't mean that you can prove that it doesn't make sense for someone else. So hating religion...is really pretty damn stupid and, worst of all, intolerant.

And while we're speaking of a causes of violent conflict? How about INTOLERANCE.

Zealots and insane extremists think they know what's best for everyone, based on something intangible and frankly fictional.

And so ****ing what? No one is forcing you to listen to them or pay attention to them.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 December 2012, 20:16:14 by keyboardlover »

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #487 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 20:29:45 »
But...those are your opinions, and you cannot prove them with fact. I and many others believe that religion STILL serves an important purpose for many people. You cannot control what anyone believes, so why be against it? Your arguments against religion, which is a type of belief, simply don't make sense. Just because religion doesn't make sense for you, doesn't mean that you can prove that it doesn't make sense for someone else. So hating religion...is really pretty damn stupid and, worst of all, intolerant.

And while we're speaking of a causes of violent conflict? How about INTOLERANCE.

Zealots and insane extremists think they know what's best for everyone, based on something intangible and frankly fictional.

And so ****ing what? No one is forcing you to listen to them or pay attention to them.

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #488 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 20:30:38 »
I agree with keyboardlover on this one. I think a lot of people forget how much good churches do for communities. I'm not religious, but I grew up in a small town where everyone went to church on Sunday, so I maybe I see it more than others. But when I see community improvement projects going on like collecting canned food for the needy, helping old folks out with yard work, working at homeless shelters, that sort of thing, I'd say that it seems like churches do a much higher proportion than other groups. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that churches are probably much larger than any other group that does similar works, but it still says a lot to me. Don't understand how anyone can "hate" religion, especially since it seems like many of the more vocal haters haven't participated directly.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #489 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 20:36:26 »
"The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it." - John Stuart Mill

Don't people learn ANYTHING in school anymore? Oh that's right, the government has a monopoly on indoctrination I MEAN education.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #490 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 20:43:12 »
People who constantly quote stuff :p

Offline bavman

« Reply #491 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 20:47:20 »
"The only freedom which deserves the name, is that of pursuing our own good in our way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it." - John Stuart Mill

Don't people learn ANYTHING in school anymore? Oh that's right, the government has a monopoly on indoctrination I MEAN education.

The only thing I said is that I don't like religion and I said some reasons why, but I never said that I hate people who believe in religion, and I never said that those people need cant' (they shouldn't but thats just my opinion). In fact several posts ago I said that I don't care what people believe in because they have a right to that.

Right?

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #492 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 20:53:50 »
The only thing I said is that I don't like religion and I said some reasons why, but I never said that I hate people who believe in religion, and I never said that those people need cant' (they shouldn't but thats just my opinion). In fact several posts ago I said that I don't care what people believe in because they have a right to that.

I didn't say you hate those peoples either - doesn't change the fact that your opinion that religion "doesn't do good anymore" and "has outlived its purpose" is one of intolerance, with literally no factual content to back it up.

Right?

Yea, especially when it disproves your argument!

You know who I hate? People who make better arguments than me! So I'll just round up a bunch of people to convince everyone else that they're crazy! See how intolerance works?

Offline bavman

« Reply #493 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:04:11 »
I think you've got it all wrong. Where are you getting that we're intolerant? I tolerate it very much, but I'm entitled to my opinion, which by the way, has just as much factual evidence to back it up, if not more, as its opposite opinion

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #494 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:10:26 »

I hate religion (and the problem it causes in society)...not religious people. You can do whatever you'd like with your life, I don't go around preaching to people.

That being said, I don't like ignorant people who refuse to believe anything other than whats written in a bible or something.

really? i tend to think the opposite.

i hate religious fanatics. religion, in a perfect world, would be a good thing. it preaches (for the most part) love for your fellow man. but somewhere along the lines man has completely screwed with it.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #495 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:10:52 »
I think you've got it all wrong. Where are you getting that we're intolerant? I tolerate it very much, but I'm entitled to my opinion, which by the way, has just as much factual evidence to back it up, if not more, as its opposite opinion

Well, you said that you hated religion right? Hatred and intolerance kind of go hand in hand. You also said that religion isn't good for humanity as a whole...well then what about government? After all, governments wage wars, not "religions". Many are doing so right now as we speak, and religion has ZILCH to do with it.

i hate religious fanatics. religion, in a perfect world, would be a good thing. it preaches (for the most part) love for your fellow man. but somewhere along the lines man has completely screwed with it.

So you hate people that believe something different from you. Wow, that's REALLY intolerant.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #496 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:14:57 »
So you hate people that believe something different from you. Wow, that's REALLY intolerant.

when they preach hate towards women, gays, and none (insert religion here). yes, i do.

now spare me with your bull**** intolerant crap.

i swear libertarians live in some ****ed up fantasy world.

you're telling me im suppose to sit here and tolerate these idiots?

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #497 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:15:54 »
exits quietly

Offline bavman

« Reply #498 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:16:34 »
You do realize that the first crusade was started because Pope Urban II literally told people that it was God's will that christians retake the holy land?

And even if its not that outright, you better believe that people love to kill each other because of different views. Ever heard of isreal? That jewish state thats constantly getting attacked by all other countries around it? Why? Because they're jewish and the others are muslim.

So your argument isn't very sound.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #499 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:17:46 »
You do realize that the first crusade was started because Pope Urban II literally told people that it was God's will that christians retake the holy land?

And even if its not that outright, you better believe that people love to kill each other because of different views. Ever heard of isreal? That jewish state thats constantly getting attacked by all other countries around it? Why? Because they're jewish and the others are muslim.

So your argument isn't very sound.

and the fact israel is slowly stealing land and nobody is doing anything about it.