Author Topic: Things you hate  (Read 251582 times)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
Re: Things you hate
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:51:27 »
What is so great about Korean keyboards.... Seriously why not just buy Korean printed keycaps? o_0 sorry for noob question

These are custom keyboards we're talking about.  There are a couple of communities (sorta like geekhack) in Korea that develop very nice custom boards that exhibit extremely high quality, craftsmanship, and style.  Most have anodized aluminum casing and are fully reprogrammable.  They are not made in large numbers so they are highly sought after.  Especially since people who have them post nice photos of their lustworthy Korean customs for us to drool over.  Dan is a good example his photography and collection is top notch.

The rest of us have to pay big bucks to have an example of our own (that's what I did).

or, you know, just go on kbdmania and find somebody nice enough to help you.

you scratch my back i scratch yours type of deal.

Koreans are rather friendly and for the most part arent hoarders and dont treat this as a "please respect me for the number of stuff i own" type of thing.

nobody here that has a connect has done anything out of the ordinary to get a little help. hell, some of them dont even ask for anything in return.

over paying only hurts the market and yourself because people will take advantage of you.

How do you even start on korean forums if you don't know the language? Is google translate good enough?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:51:57 »
might as well give it a shot :P
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:57:41 »
What is so great about Korean keyboards.... Seriously why not just buy Korean printed keycaps? o_0 sorry for noob question

These are custom keyboards we're talking about.  There are a couple of communities (sorta like geekhack) in Korea that develop very nice custom boards that exhibit extremely high quality, craftsmanship, and style.  Most have anodized aluminum casing and are fully reprogrammable.  They are not made in large numbers so they are highly sought after.  Especially since people who have them post nice photos of their lustworthy Korean customs for us to drool over.  Dan is a good example his photography and collection is top notch.

The rest of us have to pay big bucks to have an example of our own (that's what I did).

Koreans are rather friendly and for the most part arent hoarders and dont treat this as a "please respect me for the number of stuff i own" type of thing.

nobody here that has a connect has done anything out of the ordinary to get a little help. hell, some of them dont even ask for anything in return.

over paying only hurts the market and yourself because people will take advantage of you.

How do you even start on korean forums if you don't know the language? Is google translate good enough?

most korean users speak english.

hell, some even post here.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #303 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 19:58:51 »

most korean users speak english.

hell, some even post here.

Sweet, looks like I have yet another time vampire draining my time

lol

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:00:12 »

I don't know what the heck you're talking about, man.  I have a kbdmania account and the english boards are DEAD.  I don't speak Korean and I don't see what I have that they could possible want anyway.  Even setting up an account on OTD is very difficult for an english speaker, let alone conversing with those guys.  People who have those connections on GH won't share them (I've asked).  Don't tell me its so easy to just get connections, it isn't.  So frustrating when you guys do that.

I've accepted that I can do alright by letting the goodies filter through you guys first.  It is easier to do business within CONUS anyway.  Thanks for that KMAC, by the way, even if you didn't advertise the scratches on the bottom :rolleyes:  Anyway, I've accepted it, I'm happy enough, just don't rub our faces in it.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:04:08 »
I imagine this is what demik expects every time he drops in to say something like that:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:06:13 »
i didnt see any scratches on the bottom.

seeing as i took it out for one picture and that was that.

also, i never said it was easy. but it's not impossible. and people don't give out their connections because they don't want to unload a crap load of people bothering the person helping them.

have you tried asking the US GHer to see if he can get a spare for you instead of "who is your connect?".

most people may be ****s but asking wouldn't hurt.

ask jcrouse, he seems to buy these by the boatload. doubt he has 14 computers to connect  his keyboards to

I imagine this is what demik expects every time he drops in to say something like that:

Show Image

come again?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:07:02 »

Show Image

That's just one of the weirdest things to imagine.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #308 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:08:16 »
Now we're policing my thoughts!?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:09:09 »
That gif...
what is this I don't even...

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #310 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:09:55 »
Now we're policing my thoughts!?

YES!  ONLY MOOSE THOUGHTS ARE POLICED THOUGH

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:10:36 »
FFFUUUUU

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:12:23 »

Show Image

That's just one of the weirdest things to imagine.

YOU CALLED??!!?!?!?!?!?!?

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:12:20 »
Thanks for the info gents. I was thinking nothing could be more solid than 'insert favorite brand here,' but I see some nice boards there... Maybe if I make a step up from my current job, some time in the future I can afford a couple.... or sell like 6 keyboards o_0
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline HybridCore

« Reply #314 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:18:25 »
Most of my OCDs, but some of them do help in real life such as "EVERYTHING MUST BE PERFECT!!!!!!!111"

Hipsters, Apple (I have to admit their products are well built and look good sometimes), most of my classmates (because all they think is that Beats by Dre. are best, so it sucks to get absorbed into the world of audiophilia sometimes), slow people (but I can't blame them because not everybody can think fast), unsanitary people (especially ones who don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom), people that try to talk to me (I'm very silent IRL), I could go on forever.
Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blues

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #315 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 21:23:44 »
do you actually have OCD or do you have "OCD"?

Offline Lanx

« Reply #316 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 05:03:02 »
I hate doing "group work" when I am the only one that actually does anything, 3 people in my group, one has NEVER shown up in like 6 weeks of the project, and now the other one decides to go on a week long holiday interstate. I hate that the project I was so keen on doing has made me wish I had chosen a project that I had no interest at all in.

Offline BoxWithADot

« Reply #317 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 12:48:06 »
Tests that are nothing like the review materials.  :(

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #318 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 22:48:50 »
Three hours trying to figure out why my code isn't working and realizing that it's because the clock is not anywhere near correct on the client's systems.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #319 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 22:51:07 »
Three hours trying to figure out why my code isn't working and realizing that it's because the clock is not anywhere near correct on the client's systems.
omfg i know this pain. not from code but from license activation / networking issues :'(
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #320 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 22:51:57 »
I hate airplanes and my bull**** inner ear

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
Things you hate
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 12:28:28 »
I hate tomatoes, broccoli, shrimps, crabs, lobsters, all shellfish food, intestine food and sweet food. :P

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #322 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 13:01:13 »
I hate that all my favorite keyboards are too loud for my work environment. (computer lab)--- took home my QFR with reds but contemplating taking it back like you know what, screw it.... or getting a 87key with browns? Hmmmmm..... Anybody think they know what the "quietest" browns board would be?? Thinking of waiting for WASDkeyboard v2 as well....

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #323 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 13:50:58 »
Buy a Korean KB. They are so silent noise hides from them, and really, it's the only way to show your balls by overspending American style on a product that can be had off the shelf for $75.

(just trying to stir up ****)

Why don't you try some O rings? if that doesn't work, you're only out $5.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #324 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 14:22:21 »
Hmmmmmmm.... Never thought of using o-rings on it. I have a set, but took em off my Ducky at home cause I thought the feel was kinda cruddy. I guess they are necessary in this case.... Has anybody figured out a way of modding so that you don't get the "clack" when you release a key? If only this was possible!!

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 02:03:59 »
I hate you.
SmallFry! <3

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #326 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 02:07:37 »
I hate ****ty vodka. I also hate ****ty whiskey.

I'd mention what I like, but this is the wrong god damn thread, and I hate off-topic posting, too. :D

meebcats - my bad music

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #327 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 03:34:45 »
I hate Geekhack. I been back a week and I have 6 more keyboards.

Offline Batmann

« Reply #328 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 03:45:51 »
The trick is, i want to buy 1 or 2, not 30 again.

Still 24 to go to make you a weak person!  :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2012, 03:51:04 by Batmann »

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #329 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 04:09:07 »
I know, man, I'm givin' 'em away though, so I'm fighting it ...

Offline Batmann

« Reply #330 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 04:14:42 »
that's the spirit, "don't give up the fight!"
should make sense for a rastaman, even a white one! ^__^

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #331 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 04:19:41 »
Dreads do not = rastaman. I hate that!

I'm the academic style dread guy, but I listen to hip hop so I fall into that category too.

Offline Batmann

« Reply #332 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 04:30:57 »
oops!
I'm not judging ofc, I just fell into the common perception of dreads which I agree is pretty stupid!

Funny thing is I have a journalist dude that also have dreads (white too), the academic style look as well (classy clothes and clever eyes)
but he smokes sooo muchhh grass that I tend to cut the academic part when I think of him!
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2012, 04:39:54 by Batmann »

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 04:37:11 »
I hate Geekhack. I been back a week and I have 6 more keyboards.

I worked up the courage to turn down a great deal on a keyboard that I had been wanting and begging for, for ages the other day. I was offered the chance to purchase it and after thinking, I decided that I honestly should not buy it as I am switching 3 keyboards around at the moment and that is enough for me. LOL
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #334 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 08:06:30 »
I hate group work too. Girl sent me the presentation materials I needed last night at 12:15. -_-

Offline Batmann

« Reply #335 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 08:35:37 »
I hate group work too. Girl sent me the presentation materials I needed last night at 12:15. -_-

make her pay for it! Make her scream like a Valkyrie!

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #336 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 11:57:05 »
Are we allowed to talk about political stuff we hate or is that a no no?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #337 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 11:57:59 »
Go for it...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #338 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 12:06:42 »
Are we allowed to talk about political stuff we hate or is that a no no?

I'd say yes, but I hate politics. :D

meebcats - my bad music

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #339 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 12:34:20 »
Ok, then I hate "the state".

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #340 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 22:06:09 »
One of the other people in my team of 3 decided to finally tell the teacher she has dropped out.. like as if we'd not realised that when she had not shown up for well over a month or whatever.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #341 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 22:07:35 »
LOL! What a great one!

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #342 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 22:13:35 »
LOL! What a great one!
Even funnier when I noticed her facebook status said "Why have a job if you always call in sick?" ;) She was given the chance to be in a group on her own so that she could do the stuff in her own time, but she said no.

Offline Trent

« Reply #343 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 22:42:41 »
People who talk in movie theaters.
Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Re: Things you hate
« Reply #344 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 00:09:09 »
Did you go see twilight? LOL!

Offline MissMurd3r84

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #346 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 14:27:38 »
People who play FPS games with the sound turned waaaaay up, so that if you don't want to be at a disadvantage in terms of locating them before they locate you, you have to turn your own sound up to levels that are unpleasant or even harmful.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #347 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 14:31:49 »
Did you go see twilight? LOL!

Don't see it in theaters.  See it here:

http://theclib.net:81/CLiB/Videos/

Quality is poor, but it beats paying to see it in theaters (especially if seeing it in theaters makes people question your sexual orientation).
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 November 2012, 14:34:55 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #348 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 14:32:39 »
Get a proper keyboard, silenced Topre.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #349 on: Mon, 19 November 2012, 14:35:07 »
Vulture capitalism.