Author Topic: Things you hate  (Read 251543 times)

Offline bavman

Re: Things you hate
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:21:15 »
But I think its also been the case that they have been persecuted throughout history for their beliefs, mainly ever since muslims started taking over northern africa and the middle east

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:25:50 »
when they preach hate towards women, gays, and none (insert religion here). yes, i do.

now spare me with your bull**** intolerant crap.

i swear libertarians live in some ****ed up fantasy world.

you're telling me im suppose to sit here and tolerate these idiots?

Yes. And you don't, which proves your hypocrisy. :)
Google the non-aggression principle when you get a chance. Unless those people are violating your freedoms, you have no right to violate theirs.

And even if its not that outright, you better believe that people love to kill each other because of different views. Ever heard of isreal? That jewish state thats constantly getting attacked by all other countries around it? Why? Because they're jewish and the others are muslim.

Ok so we're going to talk about Israel now? Now it's time for a real educational lesson.

The state of Israel was created after WWII due to concerns that the U.N. would seem anti-semitic and/or possibly intolerant to Jews if they did NOT create the state of Israel. They knew that there were already people living there (the Palestinians) and that it would cause all kinds of problems, but they did it anyway. (Note: they ALSO knew that it would give them a major area of power and control in the middle east). Now, for more than 60 years since the state of Israel has been created, they have been entering into conflicts with ALL their Arab neighbors. They have one of the best militaries in the WORLD - not in the middle east, the world, funded by the U.S. taxpayer. And yet Palestine, the tiny poor state which was created by Israel and pushed aside with a border that has been violated for years (not to mention has a water supply controlled by Israel), tries to defend themselves with homemade rockets strapped together with freaking duct tape. What has been happening to the Palestinians has nothing to do with religion. It's statist MURDER. That is why Iran and all the other countries around Israel want to arm themselves as best they can. For their own protection. Because Israel has been trying to wipe Palestine off the map. And who has the most guns? Well, the USA and Israel have the nukes. Oh, but it's not ok for Hamas or Iran to get their hands on nukes, no no no, they're terrorists. But wait - Hamas is Palestine's government. So how are they terrorists and the governments of the USA and Israel not?

Don't back up your arguments with false propaganda.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2012, 08:07:43 by keyboardlover »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #502 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:28:30 »
i am violating their freedoms because i dont tolerate what they preach?

what?

at least we agree on israel.

they've gone long enough without being unchecked. what they are doing to the palestines is ridiculous.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #503 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:30:42 »
i am violating their freedoms because i dont tolerate what they preach?

Well, no. Just saying that it makes no sense to be intolerant of their beliefs and not assume that someone may be intolerant of yours right? Everyone thinks that what THEY believe is right for THEM.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #504 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:33:33 »
then i dont know why your brought up freedom.

i dont agree with religious fanatics. that is my right. they don't agree with my atheist views, that is their right. as long as they don't try to force feed their views into my life, i could careless about them. i won't sit there and harass them, but if given the chance to voice my opinion (since this IS what this thread is about) i will. just as they do (even when not asked).

you keep bringing up intolerance and protecting them. but it goes both ways. many of their views are intolerant and they cause harm to people that they don't agree with and sometimes violate their rights as human beings. where is your preaching about that mr. we the people?
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:35:43 by demik »

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #505 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:35:15 »

i dont agree with religious fanatics. that is my right. they don't agree with my atheist views, that is their right. as long as they don't try to force feed their views into my life, i could careless about them. i won't sit there and harass them, but if given the chance to voice my opinion (since this IS what this thread is about) i will. just as they do (even when not asked).

That's fair. But that still means that you do have to tolerate them, which you seemed to not like the idea of earlier :)

See? Libertarians aren't so crazy AFTER ALL :D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #506 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:37:29 »

That's fair. But that still means that you do have to tolerate them, which you seemed to not like the idea of earlier :)

See? Libertarians aren't so crazy AFTER ALL :D

lets not push it now.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #507 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:42:05 »
They're not necessarily crazy, they're just misguided. Like all statists :D

And while we're on the subject of neo-colonism, you know what the BEST part of that process is? It doesn't cost the government doing it a thing! Remember that coercive, violent and forceful structure called taxation that we support and legitimize? It means they can spend all the money they want and it's never on anyone's dime but hardworking citizens.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #508 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:44:30 »
I hate losing wrestling matches...

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #509 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:45:18 »
I hate losing wrestling matches...

/powerbombs SmallFry

WHATCHU GUNNA DOOO BRUDDER

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #510 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 21:53:23 »

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #511 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 22:39:48 »
when someone returns from time away and now thinks they are smarter and better than everyone else and have to show it at every opportunity
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #512 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 00:13:33 »
as long as they don't try to force feed their views into my life, i could careless about them. i won't sit there and harass them, but if given the chance to voice my opinion (since this IS what this thread is about) i will.

« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2012, 00:21:43 by MMB »

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #513 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 00:15:18 »
^ exactly what I encountered 1 week ago out side the supermarket........

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Things you hate
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 00:41:01 »
After reading three or four of these posts I started replacing the word "Religion" with "Apple Pie". Good times.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #515 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 01:11:04 »

Offline DasHHKBProM

« Reply #516 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 01:39:17 »
TAx
9745-0

*not the (?)

Offline bavman

« Reply #517 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 01:48:08 »
Hey man I fixed it for you

9747-0

Offline DasHHKBProM

« Reply #518 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 02:07:14 »
Yeah... not an applefanboy by any means >

original choice was ThinkPad W530
but (display)>main input device(keyboard)
nothing out there touched it so the decision was made MBP retina

Offline bavman

« Reply #519 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 02:16:29 »
Yeah I kinda get that.

I really hate how lacking laptops (and desktops) are in the display department considering all the advances made. It sucks that most laptops are 1366x768 at best, and you gotta dish out a lot of money for a 1080p display for some reason.

Offline DasHHKBProM

« Reply #520 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 02:28:16 »
i hear ya man,
-.- we can thank bestbuy/walmart/staples etc.. catering to the least common denominator with
Sh1t $300 laptops which sets the bar for everyone on how much computers -should cost-
we get what we pay for i guess /endrant
-we pay for what we get
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2012, 02:56:34 by DasHHKBProM »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #521 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 02:47:14 »
i hate religious fanatics. religion, in a perfect world, would be a good thing. it preaches (for the most part) love for your fellow man. but somewhere along the lines man has completely screwed with it.
In a perfect world, you wouldn't need religion.

Actually, religion by itself isn't bad. Just a bunch of traditions, philosophy, some mythology... Why not. But there are people who make it bad, because they don't use their f***ing brains.

I hate religious propaganda, especially when they feed children with it. I also know someone who almost died in her childhood because of this.

edit: syntax
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2012, 02:49:10 by davkol »

Offline iri

« Reply #522 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 05:09:11 »
i hate choosing keyboards.
i hate that i can't try keyboards before buy. i hate the fact that i must order a keyboard, pay ****loads of $$$ for shipping, and then wait for at least three weeks for it.
i hate that a lot of interesting items are sold in conus and no international shipping is available, so i have to order dem to my oregon address and then separate delivery to moscow.
i hate that cherry ergo clears are only available as a mod.
i hate that capacitive buckling springs aren't in production anymore.
i hate that i have to go to a ****ing industrial suburb of moscow to get o-rings. for an insane price of $22 for a hundred.
i hate good keyboards' resale value in russia. i buy a topre for $300, i don't like it, good luck to me selling it, uh-huh.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #523 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 06:48:12 »
I hate TAXES!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #524 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 07:33:11 »
Yeah I kinda get that.

I really hate how lacking laptops (and desktops) are in the display department considering all the advances made. It sucks that most laptops are 1366x768 at best, and you gotta dish out a lot of money for a 1080p display for some reason.

wanting a screen thats a higher resolution than 1080 is also stupidly hard and expensive.... that **** needs to ****ing change

Offline bavman

« Reply #525 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 07:59:00 »
And I thought all those koreas IPS monitors would make a dent in the prices of 1440p monitors being sold in the US, but apparently not, still hovering in the 700-800 range at best.

And when google can make a $400 tablet with a 2560x1600 display its clear that its not that freaking expensive to produce that display. There should be absolutely no reason why pc manufacturers havent started producing laptops with these resolutions yet.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2012, 08:03:41 by bavman »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #526 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 08:12:17 »
And I thought all those koreas IPS monitors would make a dent in the prices of 1440p monitors being sold in the US, but apparently not, still hovering in the 700-800 range at best.

And when google can make a $400 tablet with a 2560x1600 display its clear that its not that freaking expensive to produce that display. There should be absolutely no reason why pc manufacturers havent started producing laptops with these resolutions yet.

To be honest, that may be part of the reason they aren't.  As processors continue to get more efficient at power draw and cooling, the whole assembly will continue to get smaller and smaller until you get the power of what's now a laptop in the dimensions of a tablet.  We're approximately 12 months from seeing an iCore processor in a win8 (full version, not RT) tablet with the life of a ARM-based.

Then, of course, they'll sell you all the docks and whatnot separately to make it into a laptop again :P

Offline bavman

« Reply #527 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 08:21:09 »
I don't necessary agree with that just because it seems like your saying that tablets will take over the laptop market but I still see laptops are a much more productive tool and there will always be a demand for that size package. I can see a shift from conventional laptops to touchscreen laptops or some other hybrid between a laptop and a tablet, but I still feel that that tablets are getting a huge amount of attention focus on better displays which laptops are not, even though laptops are more fit to handle them

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #528 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 08:41:04 »
I don't necessary agree with that just because it seems like your saying that tablets will take over the laptop market but I still see laptops are a much more productive tool and there will always be a demand for that size package. I can see a shift from conventional laptops to touchscreen laptops or some other hybrid between a laptop and a tablet, but I still feel that that tablets are getting a huge amount of attention focus on better displays which laptops are not, even though laptops are more fit to handle them

You're probably closer to correct with hybrids as they're already starting to leak into the market.  Lenovo just put out something that can serve as a standard laptop or fold backwards into a tablet configuration, but even things like that aren't going to get much bigger than a 13" screen.  I think that companies are expecting that consumer taste will gravitate to devices that average at the 10" range with amazing resolution and quality that have some kind of hdmi or dock connector that will output to a larger (23-30") screen with similar features which is why you haven't seen much movement on that middle size to get it up to par. 

Of course this is all pure speculation, to be honest and I could be interpreting things completely wrong.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #529 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 11:40:16 »
I hate when GeekHack goes down...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #530 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 15:21:34 »

+1

Ironic, really, because I received my Geekhack fundraiser pack yesterday.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #531 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 15:31:56 »

Ditto :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #532 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 16:04:38 »
Christmas. Really everything about this time of year. Finals, cold weather, snow, higher bills, happy people, Christmas, New Years, anything 'pumpkin spice' flavored, my neighbors ****ing bright ass lights keeping me up all night, my roommates family coming to visit. It's not a wonder this time of the season has the highest suicide rate.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #533 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 17:30:10 »
9775-0
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #534 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 17:35:15 »
(Attachment Link)

^ Not a problem you can blame on religion, rather, idiocy and intolerance.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #535 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 18:40:07 »
I hate people who think the Apocalypse is coming this month and I hate people who post pictures of their clocks saying 12:12 12/12/12; aint nobody got time for that.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #536 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 18:46:10 »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #537 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 18:51:17 »
exactly

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #538 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 19:05:09 »
Tapatalk trying to sell me stuff. Also putting water on to boil and going on the computer, I always think I'm going to remember.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #539 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 11:41:28 »
Losing cherry doubleshots in the mail  :mad:

Never, EVER get anything sent airmail from EU/UK to US.  They ate a bpiphany controller and above keys.  Passed on several sets in the mean time, too  :'(

That's the last time.  From now on I only deal with CONUS, and if I have to go over seas, it's DHL or nothing.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #540 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 11:56:55 »

Never, EVER get anything sent airmail from EU/UK to US.  They ate a bpiphany controller and above keys.  Passed on several sets in the mean time, too  :'(

This, I've been having some horrible problems recently.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline nebo

« Reply #541 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 11:57:22 »
Three years of working retail near the Canadian border have given me an (maybe?)unwarranted/unnatural hate of my norther friends. :p Grows a little weaker with each passing year.

So sorry to people ITT eh.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37910.0;topicseen
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 December 2012, 11:59:26 by nebo »

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #542 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 13:04:41 »
Losing cherry doubleshots in the mail  >:(

That's the last time.  From now on I only deal with CONUS, and if I have to go over seas, it's DHL or nothing.

big time bummer that they lost your doubleshots  >:(

My original bpiphany controller also got lost on its way over, but that might have been due to the big storm. thankfully its replacement one came this week now
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #543 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 01:15:51 »
I hate insomnia

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #544 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 01:19:26 »
I've always hated when people don't turn on their turning signal while driving. Pisses the hell out of me, specially because I use to ride my bike a lot,
and have almost been killed a few times as a consequence of these people. And most people don't consistently turn on their blinkers anyway.
-Oh well, you heard my little rant now xD
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline iri

« Reply #545 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 02:05:25 »
I've always hated when people don't turn on their turning signal while driving. Pisses the hell out of me, specially because I use to ride my bike a lot,
and have almost been killed a few times as a consequence of these people. And most people don't consistently turn on their blinkers anyway.
-Oh well, you heard my little rant now xD
never come to russia.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Glissant

« Reply #546 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 02:50:36 »
I hate when people post saying they haven't received an invoice for that particular group buy. IT WILL COME. Or if by a miracle they forget to invoice you (this is money we are talking about, guys), then you might as well send the group buy organizer a message instead of posting your crap in the thread.

And I hate that I couldn't finish the xmas giveaway thread last night.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #547 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 03:34:23 »
I hate that you havent been around Glissant, where have you been?! :D

Offline Glissant

« Reply #548 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 05:14:38 »
Hi there, phetto <3. I've been busy with taking care of my dad, dealing with deaths in the family and general life stuff. Unfortunately it has taken up almost all my keyboard hobby time, but I am slowly getting more time to hang out, so you'll see more of me. Keep an eye out in my sig for a link to my holiday giveaway ;). I think I have time to get the thread up today.

Offline iri

« Reply #549 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 05:42:33 »
i hate it that i have to type all day today on a chiclet btc

-Ray Bradbury