Author Topic: Things you hate  (Read 251559 times)

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
Re: Things you hate
« Reply #1100 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:24:29 »
Chicks with a lot of stereotypes about males. Hey guess what, it's actually possible not to like pink because you simply don't like the goddamn color.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Things you hate
« Reply #1101 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:26:53 »
Chicks with a lot of stereotypes about males. Hey guess what, it's actually possible not to like pink because you simply don't like the goddamn color.

Who doesn't like pink? What the ****!!!!

RAWR! Mad face!

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1102 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:30:33 »
I wore pink to prom. No shame!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1103 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 09:38:08 »
I hate it when you call/email/pm/txt someone and get no answer when you expect an answer.......because then do you try again and risk pestering or let it go forever wondering....what if?  :confused:

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1104 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 10:24:35 »
I hate it when you call/email/pm/txt someone and get no answer when you expect an answer.......because then do you try again and risk pestering or let it go forever wondering....what if?  :confused:

This is an easy thing to fix.  They aren't respecting you therefore you have no reason to worry about pestering that person.  I get very robotic after a no response with my messages.  Most people get the idea when follow-ups go 100% robotic, mentioning the length of time spent waiting, the number of times contact was attempted, and that there's no reason to stop messaging until I get "X" question/issue addressed.  Very few people like being pestered, but it's worse to be ignored.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #1105 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 13:30:38 »

This is an easy thing to fix.  They aren't respecting you therefore you have no reason to worry about pestering that person.  I get very robotic after a no response with my messages.  Most people get the idea when follow-ups go 100% robotic, mentioning the length of time spent waiting, the number of times contact was attempted, and that there's no reason to stop messaging until I get "X" question/issue addressed.  Very few people like being pestered, but it's worse to be ignored.

I should totally adopt this way of thinking. I also hate being ignored. I take the time to write you a message about something, you better have the decency to at least acknowledge that you read it (if its something serious at least)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1106 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:01:44 »
I love pink ;).

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #1107 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 14:02:04 »
I love pink ;).

bahaha dont i know it

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #1108 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 18:36:24 »
right.
1) NO PINK
2) BOOBS ARE GREAT

cmon guys, man up.

More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1109 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 18:47:45 »
What about pink boobs?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
« Reply #1110 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 18:49:17 »
What about pink boobs?
to clarify
1) on men
2) on women
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1111 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 18:50:01 »
What about pink boobs?
What about yellow boobs?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1112 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 18:50:54 »
All lament the loss of the yellow fever thread :(

... if that is what you meant ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1113 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 18:55:07 »
What about pink boobs?

a great prophet once said:
 "if your titties is pink, then you are white and I'm not the right man"
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1114 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 20:20:47 »
After almost dying of a heart attack 20 minutes ago, I now hate songs / commercials that have a surprise tire screech or loud ass cop sirens....
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1115 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 21:34:03 »
I hate when my WiFi router crashes. On the other hand, going the ethernet way feels great then.

Offline bavman

« Reply #1116 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 22:35:56 »
I had problems with my router crashing (every connection) with heavy traffic like torrents, but after I installed tomato on it, its perfect with no problems.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1117 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 02:22:47 »
A hardware issue, I'm afraid.

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
« Reply #1118 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 04:42:47 »
online shops that take your order and then can't process cancellations because 'it was sold through another vendor'
More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1119 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 08:36:06 »
online shops that take your order and then can't process cancellations because 'it was sold through another vendor'

And this is becoming more common as many resellers are doing this and sometimes its even difficult to realize who your buying from until after the fact.

Offline Joxx

« Reply #1120 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 08:47:57 »
I hate bad TV shows getting renewed while good TV shows (in my book) gets canceled.
I hate that everything in Europe cost way more than in the U.S and it is not because of the dollars/euros difference. VAT sucks.
I hate that EMS in France charges 21 euros handling fee on top of the VAT tax I have to pay (Kind of ridiculous that I paid more for the handling fee than the VAT itself).
Ducky 9087 MX Brown | Blackwidow  MX Blue  | CM TK MX Red | Looking for a QFR MX Blue!

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
« Reply #1121 on: Tue, 30 April 2013, 10:33:17 »
I hate bad TV shows getting renewed while good TV shows (in my book) gets canceled.

Agreed! Similarly I hate that the shows I love lately can't seem to stay fresh more than a couple seasons and start getting trite really fast. 

I also hate the shows that start strong with lots of "unexplainable" stuff but when they start explaining the stuff it is really weak.  It is like they started something without thinking how they were going to finish. 

So yeah, I also hate people starting things they can't
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1122 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 16:26:56 »
I hate this in flight WiFi, it was a waste of $16 for the day pass.

I can browse geekhack during my 4 hour(in the middle of this one) and 2 hour flights today and browse news and blogs but that got old after an hour, I wanted to watch YouTube, Netflix, and hbogo.

bah first world problems.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1123 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 17:29:16 »
Loud children. Walking in the Summer heat. Having to wake up before 10am.

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #1124 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 17:34:42 »
Loud children. Walking in the Summer heat. Having to wake up before 10am.

all of the above. especially if theyre all happening at the same time :<

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1125 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 17:35:17 »
These shin splints

i'm about to ****ing lose it with them

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1126 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 17:36:50 »
babies crying on planes

Offline mauri

« Reply #1127 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 17:41:03 »
Insomnia :|
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1128 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 20:06:04 »
i hate it when people complain about kids/babies acting like kids/babies.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline moonprismpwr

• pew pew
« Reply #1129 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 20:14:59 »

i'll stop complaining about you, my bad.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1130 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 20:15:17 »
I feel a hate pyramid inc

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #1131 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 20:16:21 »
I HATE PYRAMIDS! ****!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1132 on: Wed, 08 May 2013, 21:53:44 »
i hate auction snipers  :-\

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1133 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 12:20:19 »
I hate software that is blatantly disobedient or otherwise insulting to one's intelligence...

Specifically when you tell it NOT to start when Windows starts, but it still does...

Or like in anything Apple, they try to railroad you for maximum profits on every turn... so insulting. Makes me wanna kick some teeth in.

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #1134 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 12:46:05 »
Plankton

SmallFry

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1135 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 14:39:01 »

i'll stop complaining about you, my bad.

don't hate me cause i'm youth-ful

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1136 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:30:15 »

I hate the fact that I actually agree with STH for once. Anybody who moans about other people's kids doing totally normal kid stuff obviously has never had to deal with kids themselves ("I babysat for 2 hours a night when I was 15" doesn't count)

You could be the most perfect parent in the world and kids would still act like snots sometimes. It's the way kids are. Especially babies. They cry for literally NO REASON. Sure, it's annoying as hell, but if you get annoyed all you're doing is making the parent feel like an ******* when, in most situations, there is little or nothing they can do about the baby having a cry.

Being a parent is a lose lose situation. You go to the store? god forbid if you weren't planning on taking your 2 year old because he heard the word "store" and immediately thinks "Well this is a sweet way to get out of the house and there's a damn good chance I can get candy/toys out of it if I play this right" so right there you're screwed. Either you take the kid with, or you leave him at home. You leave him at home you either have to find a babysitter, or your spouse gets pissed because they're left with a kid who is most likely throwing a tantrum because they can't go to the store.

Say, though, you do take them and they see something they want, and they start throwing a tantrum like kids do. As a parent you can either cave in to it, which makes all the other people in the store say "I can't believe that (s)he just gave him that after the way he acted" or you don't, and everybody says "what a loud ass kid, what a terrible parent"

Third option, of course, is that you roll that kid over your knee and spank their ass until they learn better, which of course is socially unacceptable nowadays because god forbid I discipline my own son as I see fit, and teach him that actions have immediate and clear-cut consequences regardless of the situation.

**** walmart.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:33:19 by Internetlad »
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline TreeSc2

« Reply #1137 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:42:53 »
I hate seinfeld and cats who poo on the floor.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1138 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:44:33 »
I hate seinfeld and cats who poo on the floor.

What's the deal with corn nuts? Is it corn or is it a nut?

Specifically, do you hate the show, J.S. as a comic, or just all around you dislike him.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1139 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:47:19 »

When I was a kid I disliked the attitude of those loud/unaware children. 
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1140 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 15:52:41 »

I agree, except when people bring their babies to an inappropriate place, like in the movie theater. GTFO with that crying little sh*t.

(On a serious note though, please consider watching the movie in the comfort of your own home..... Let the quiet, respectful people enjoy the theater.)

Brings up another point. People in the movie theaters jabbering away on their phones because they know no one around is bold enough to stop them. Oh yeah, people like that are what motivate to go to the gym and get tougher!

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1141 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 16:02:55 »
I agree, except when people bring their babies to an inappropriate place, like in the movie theater. GTFO with that crying little sh*t.

(On a serious note though, please consider watching the movie in the comfort of your own home..... Let the quiet, respectful people enjoy the theater.)

Brings up another point. People in the movie theaters jabbering away on their phones because they know no one around is bold enough to stop them. Oh yeah, people like that are what motivate to go to the gym and get tougher!

Depends on the movie. the marvel flicks are arguably child themed, but it's appropriate for all ages. It's a shame when a kid starts acting up because you know the parent just payed 30 bucks for a night out and really, really doesn't want to miss the end of the movie. Last movie we took the boy to was Wreck it Ralph and he behaved flawlessly. A lot of it CAN be avoided by making sure that you have all your bases covered (sleep, food, temperment) before you even leave the house.

I do agree that there are more and less appropriate places to have children. Kids who are acting like snots in a theatre or a restaurant? it's probably because the parents wanted a nice night out for the family, but on a plane? Hell, the parent nor the kid probably wants to be there any more than you do.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1142 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 16:06:25 »
Don't bring infants/babies to the movies, period. That's just disrespectful to everyone in the theater, and the baby isn't watching or has any idea what's going on anyway. If you can't get a sitter, don't go to the movies. Simple.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1143 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 16:38:57 »

Depends on the movie. the marvel flicks are arguably child themed, but it's appropriate for all ages. It's a shame when a kid starts acting up because you know the parent just payed 30 bucks for a night out and really, really doesn't want to miss the end of the movie. Last movie we took the boy to was Wreck it Ralph and he behaved flawlessly. A lot of it CAN be avoided by making sure that you have all your bases covered (sleep, food, temperment) before you even leave the house.

I do agree that there are more and less appropriate places to have children. Kids who are acting like snots in a theatre or a restaurant? it's probably because the parents wanted a nice night out for the family, but on a plane? Hell, the parent nor the kid probably wants to be there any more than you do.

Some theaters actually have "crying rooms," enclosed spaces where the sound is kept lower but parents with kids can view the movie through a glass wall.  Another option I've seen was at a theater in Bellevue, Washington, where they had special matinee showings for parents/caregivers with babies or small kids.  Lights were actually kept on at a very low level, sound levels were kept below ear-splitting, and ushers took your orders and delivered popcorn and snacks to your seat.  Very civilized. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1144 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 16:47:15 »
Don't bring infants/babies to the movies, period. That's just disrespectful to everyone in the theater, and the baby isn't watching or has any idea what's going on anyway. If you can't get a sitter, don't go to the movies. Simple.

just curious talking about 'babies' what ages are we talking? 

I hate the fact that I actually agree with STH for once. Anybody who moans about other people's kids doing totally normal kid stuff obviously has never had to deal with kids themselves ("I babysat for 2 hours a night when I was 15" doesn't count)

You could be the most perfect parent in the world and kids would still act like snots sometimes. It's the way kids are. Especially babies. They cry for literally NO REASON. Sure, it's annoying as hell, but if you get annoyed all you're doing is making the parent feel like an ******* when, in most situations, there is little or nothing they can do about the baby having a cry.

Being a parent is a lose lose situation.
More
You go to the store? god forbid if you weren't planning on taking your 2 year old because he heard the word "store" and immediately thinks "Well this is a sweet way to get out of the house and there's a damn good chance I can get candy/toys out of it if I play this right" so right there you're screwed. Either you take the kid with, or you leave him at home. You leave him at home you either have to find a babysitter, or your spouse gets pissed because they're left with a kid who is most likely throwing a tantrum because they can't go to the store.

Say, though, you do take them and they see something they want, and they start throwing a tantrum like kids do. As a parent you can either cave in to it, which makes all the other people in the store say "I can't believe that (s)he just gave him that after the way he acted" or you don't, and everybody says "what a loud ass kid, what a terrible parent"

Third option, of course, is that you roll that kid over your knee and spank their ass until they learn better, which of course is socially unacceptable nowadays because god forbid I discipline my own son as I see fit, and teach him that actions have immediate and clear-cut consequences regardless of the situation.

**** walmart.

says every parent everywhere!  ;)

Some theaters actually have "crying rooms," enclosed spaces where the sound is kept lower but parents with kids can view the movie through a glass wall.  Another option I've seen was at a theater in Bellevue, Washington, where they had special matinee showings for parents/caregivers with babies or small kids.  Lights were actually kept on at a very low level, sound levels were kept below ear-splitting, and ushers took your orders and delivered popcorn and snacks to your seat.  Very civilized. 

this is the coolest thing I have heard of today  8)

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
« Reply #1145 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 18:48:19 »
By adult standards, children are insane.
Personally I don't feel obliged to tolerate a parents toleration of unacceptable behaviour.

If I have a dog, and I allow it to crap on my lawn, i can't reasonably expect others to do the same.
It is my responsibility as a dog owner to shield others from the actions of my pets.

Children are dirty, destructive,  noisy, self centered proto-people with violent and/or potentially self destructive tendencies, so what's to love?  the narcissistic need to breed trait of parents that cling to the moral and genetic right to  reproduce, regardless of a hostile and threatening world.

I remember one time a woman complained (in harsh terms) to me about my noisy child,  I replied to her "She is a child, she hasn't yet learned to control all of her emotional outbursts. what is your excuse".

Bottom line is, they are children,  brats all of them.

And then there are parents who aggressively wield their perambulators on public walkways...
More

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #1146 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:01:33 »
Work not paying me correctly. Book two holiday days which should be full pay. Not paid them, now I have to wait til next week for them which has annoyed the **** outta me. And I've sort of let Halverson down too cause of this.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #1147 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:03:01 »
Power Outages.

Luckily, we have back up batteries so I could shut down my computers.
More

R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #1148 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:24:06 »
that FedEx doesn't deliver on Saturday's
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1149 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 08:38:57 »

I have a theory that "drama" shows, in particular, start out being plot-driven, and the writers strive to come up with a good plot each time.

After about 1-3 seasons, the plot "well" starts to run dry, and, if the show becomes successful, the actors want (demand) more screen time and attention, along with more money (and their agents strive to achieve it for them, of course). That is when the quality falls off.

For me, character-driven shows are never as good or interesting, particularly in the long run, because the plot is far more important, in my opinion.

This is not to say that I do not appreciate good acting, on the contrary, but the acting should support the plot, not vice-versa.

i hate auction snipers  :-\

Sniping is the way of the world for online auctions today. That is how the majority of serious buyers operate.

To me, that is like going mountain hiking wearing rubber flip-flops and complaining about other hikers wearing good shoes.

Another analogy I like is playing basketball. If the rules changed and you could just start grabbing the ball and running with it, would you stand a chance of winning if you continued to dribble, just because you thought that the traditional way was still "right"?

You are not helping yourself by trying to be a "purist"
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"