Author Topic: Things you hate  (Read 251581 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Things you hate
« Reply #1150 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:33:56 »
that FedEx doesn't deliver on Saturday's

I get fedex deliveries on saturdays from amazon quite often... 8)

i hate auction snipers  :-\

Sniping is the way of the world for online auctions today. That is how the majority of serious buyers operate.

To me, that is like going mountain hiking wearing rubber flip-flops and complaining about other hikers wearing good shoes.

Another analogy I like is playing basketball. If the rules changed and you could just start grabbing the ball and running with it, would you stand a chance of winning if you continued to dribble, just because you thought that the traditional way was still "right"?

You are not helping yourself by trying to be a "purist"

Well I'm not sure about the analogies, but how is someone supposed to compete when you get outbid with 3 seconds left on the clock?

I suppose I should either not participate in auctions or either bid the max I'm willing to pay and walk away.

And I was just venting when I posted that, I guess thanks for the thoughtful reply..... ::)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1151 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:35:18 »
auctionsniper.com

Try it! You get your first 3 snipes for free...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1152 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:38:14 »
auctionsniper.com

jd stop trying to corrupt me :p

now i gotta remember where I put my hat

21657-0

“Newcomers should know – not only is AuctionSniper a great idea, it's also a beautifully crafted and accurate tool. Both easy to use and extremely effective!”

and they should add it really pisses off the people who don't use such services....

so what happens when two snipers go at it??  ???

boom......headshot  :-X
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:40:36 by ray4jc »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1153 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:45:12 »
auctionsniper.com

jd stop trying to corrupt me :p

now i gotta remember where I put my hat

(Attachment Link)

“Newcomers should know – not only is AuctionSniper a great idea, it's also a beautifully crafted and accurate tool. Both easy to use and extremely effective!”

and they should add it really pisses off the people who don't use such services....

so what happens when two snipers go at it??  ???

boom......headshot  :-X

Here, were you looking for this?

They have what is called "bid enhancement" where you can go up a certain amount with so many seconds left, in case others snipers are bidding the same item.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #1154 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 11:52:53 »
that FedEx doesn't deliver on Saturday's

I get fedex deliveries on saturdays from amazon quite often... 8)

really? hmm, maybe my goodies will arrive tomorrow then afterall

----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1155 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 12:15:21 »

Well I'm not sure about the analogies, but how is someone supposed to compete when you get outbid with 3 seconds left on the clock?

I suppose I should either not participate in auctions or either bid the max I'm willing to pay and walk away.

And I was just venting when I posted that, I guess thanks for the thoughtful reply..... ::)

The high bid wins, period, and ebay will put in its own legitimate bid last. So, if I snipe at $99 and you have a bid with ebay at $100, you win.

Sniping simply works to circumvent bidding wars.

All ebay bids are open and transparent, and people watching an item will often watch bids climb and get emotional. When that happens, prices go crazy.

"Bid early, bid often" is the worst scenario for escalating prices. Sniping is simply a mechanism that waits until the last minute to place your bid.

Maybe a better analogy would be a card game where you wait until the end to show your hand, rather than laying it down in advance.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1156 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 12:20:05 »

The high bid wins, period, and ebay will put in its own legitimate bid last. So, if I snipe at $99 and you have a bid with ebay at $100, you win.

Sniping simply works to circumvent bidding wars.

All ebay bids are open and transparent, and people watching an item will often watch bids climb and get emotional. When that happens, prices go crazy.

"Bid early, bid often" is the worst scenario for escalating prices. Sniping is simply a mechanism that waits until the last minute to place your bid.

Maybe a better analogy would be a card game where you wait until the end to show your hand, rather than laying it down in advance.

I'm just messing with you guys, I know all about sniping on ebay......I don't even do ebay auctions, I pretty much stick to buy it now offers 8)

And I wasn't even talking about ebay..... :p

On topic...I hate fried chicken because I can't type while I'm eating it and I hate it because its so good I can't resist mmmmmm

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
« Reply #1157 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 11:31:57 »
Doorbells on TV shows - always have to pause the DVR until the dog stops barking.
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1158 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 12:14:49 »
Republicans.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1159 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 09:41:14 »
Doorbells on TV shows - always have to pause the DVR until the dog stops barking.

Horns and sirens on the radio when I am in my car.

Republicans.

Tea Party Republicans.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1160 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 10:55:38 »
I'll say this because the whole story is pretty personal, but anything that gets in between me and my hobbies I will hate.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #1161 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 10:58:22 »
I'll say this because the whole story is pretty personal, but anything that gets in between me and my hobbies I will hate.

My family wishes I would spend all of my free time with them, I now have to be like HELL NO. It's not that I don't like them. I have too much **** I'm trying to get done, and they keep raining all over that parade.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline alfa147x

« Reply #1162 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 11:16:43 »
Apples. I love my MacBook Pro, both of my havkintoshes, my Mac mini, iPad and iPhone. But I hate the damn fruit.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1163 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 11:59:17 »
Apples. I love my MacBook Pro, both of my havkintoshes, my Mac mini, iPad and iPhone. But I hate the damn fruit.

Opposite here. I hate the company but love apples. Honeycrisp is my favorite, and I avoid Red Delicious because they have bred all the flavor out of them in preference for better color, just like they did with roses.

Of all the companies that violate the "Don't Be Evil" concept, Apple has got to top the list, far above Micro$oft. And Google is getting more evil by the day.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1164 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 12:05:03 »
See, I'm just a consumer. Buy what works, get rid of what doesn't. I use Windows, OSX and Unix daily. I find nothing wrong with any of them, though I prefer my Debian Laptop for most things, Windows takes the cake on gaming, and OSX takes the cake for very user friendly. Now, if it came down to it, I'd get a Windows machine or a Debian machine instead of an OSX machine, but that's purely based on price. Hence why Hackintoshs exist, and hence why I think that one would be swell.

Offline alfa147x

« Reply #1165 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 13:00:01 »
Oh and I hate that Chick-fil-A isn't open on Sundays

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1166 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 13:01:36 »
Oh and I hate that Chick-fil-A isn't open on Sundays

I just want to give them my money and they're all no we don't want it. I just want delicious chicken sammiches -_-

Offline alfa147x

« Reply #1167 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 13:08:51 »
Oh and I hate the ****ty leftover Gateway keyboards I have to use at work. They feel like I'm jamming plastic keys into moldy bread.

BUT

The key doesn't register till the key goes through the bread and hits the table underneath it.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1168 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 14:26:59 »
By adult standards, children are insane.
Personally I don't feel obliged to tolerate a parents toleration of unacceptable behaviour.

If I have a dog, and I allow it to crap on my lawn, i can't reasonably expect others to do the same.
It is my responsibility as a dog owner to shield others from the actions of my pets.

Children are dirty, destructive,  noisy, self centered proto-people with violent and/or potentially self destructive tendencies, so what's to love?  the narcissistic need to breed trait of parents that cling to the moral and genetic right to  reproduce, regardless of a hostile and threatening world.

I remember one time a woman complained (in harsh terms) to me about my noisy child,  I replied to her "She is a child, she hasn't yet learned to control all of her emotional outbursts. what is your excuse".

Bottom line is, they are children,  brats all of them.

And then there are parents who aggressively wield their perambulators on public walkways...

i hate it when people complain about kids/babies acting like kids/babies.

I agree, except when people bring their babies to an inappropriate place, like in the movie theater. GTFO with that crying little sh*t.

(On a serious note though, please consider watching the movie in the comfort of your own home..... Let the quiet, respectful people enjoy the theater.)

Brings up another point. People in the movie theaters jabbering away on their phones because they know no one around is bold enough to stop them. Oh yeah, people like that are what motivate to go to the gym and get tougher!

Don't bring infants/babies to the movies, period. That's just disrespectful to everyone in the theater, and the baby isn't watching or has any idea what's going on anyway. If you can't get a sitter, don't go to the movies. Simple.

you guys take movies way too seriously
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1169 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 14:44:41 »
Well, when paying to see something, especially with how movie ticket prices are going, I'd rather not be disturbed.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1170 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 14:48:47 »
Well, when paying to see something, especially with how movie ticket prices are going, I'd rather not be disturbed.
^^
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1171 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 15:22:51 »
^^

:'( :'( :'(
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1172 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 18:06:48 »
Cancer.....that is all :-[

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1173 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 18:56:31 »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #1174 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 21:23:01 »
Cancer.....that is all :-[
I second that.

Thank God for public healthcare system and for the few good doctors that investigate when they see tiny anomalies in test results.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 May 2013, 21:24:57 by Findecanor »

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #1175 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 22:32:04 »
Work, I really don't want to go to work.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline thurst0n

• Key-ping it real
« Reply #1176 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 22:45:48 »
Work, I really don't want to go to work.

People who don't use their turn signal when it actually matters (3+ lane highways, and there are other times i need to know wtf you're doing)

People who drive slowly in the fast lane.  :mad:
-- Ducky One TKL --

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #1177 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 23:30:01 »
100+ degree weather  >:D . Past few days has been like that here, and will be like this for the next few days. My AC is broken  >:D >:D

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1178 on: Sun, 12 May 2013, 23:35:32 »
USPS

and shin splints

yeah, i still hate them

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1179 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 09:28:08 »
100+ degree weather  >:D . Past few days has been like that here, and will be like this for the next few days. My AC is broken  >:D >:D

More like anything above mid to high 60s. And humidity. Both together are the worst thing to ever exist.

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #1180 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 12:35:14 »
Too lazy too google what's that in Celsius. :P
Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1181 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 12:48:13 »

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1182 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 13:10:39 »
Freenode took a poop over the weekend. Not fun.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #1183 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 13:33:23 »
I found that KiwiIRC does very well for accessing #geekhack!

https://kiwiirc.com/client

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #1184 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 09:03:26 »
Work. Just been laid-off due to not much of it. Feel like crying.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1185 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 09:04:15 »

that sucks sir

ill shoot you a pm about some stuff
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1186 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 09:05:03 »

Sorry to hear that, bro. Keep your head up!

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #1187 on: Wed, 15 May 2013, 09:05:56 »
I really can't keep my head up. Hoping to find something quick. Genuinely sucks though. Went today, did a full day then that news. Put a complete downer on me.

Thanks for the support though.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1188 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:40:21 »
i hate that i only own one keycap puller (ive gifted or broken all others) and i just lost that only keycap puller i owned.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1189 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:42:05 »
If your name is Glod and you don't have a keycap puller, PM me your address and I'll send you one.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #1190 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:43:20 »
I hate that I own 0 keycap pullers and I've never owned one, either. I use my debit card to pop the keys off.

in da ghetto.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1191 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:44:06 »
I hate that moose never gives me free things since I'm not glod or dubsgalore.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #1192 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:45:05 »
Want a cuddle, my SC2 brother? <3

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1193 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:46:01 »
Wrong thread for that. There should be no hearts here mate. Just hatred for all things non-Terran. JK <3

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1194 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:46:13 »
I hate that I own 0 keycap pullers and I've never owned one, either. I use my debit card to pop the keys off.

in da ghetto.

ygpm

I hate that moose never gives me free things since I'm not glod or dubsgalore.

moose droppings are over rated :p ....not!! they are awesome  :o

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1195 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:48:06 »
If your name is foxer, PM me and I'll send you a keycap puller.

If your name is CPTBadAss, PM me and we'll figure out something to send you.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1196 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:48:46 »
moose droppings are over rated :p ....not!! they are awesome  :o
I'm going to steal that! Mwahaha

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1197 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:49:34 »
If your name is foxer, PM me and I'll send you a keycap puller.

If your name is CPTBadAss, PM me and we'll figure out something to send you.

well if moose wants to send you one disregard my pm :p

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1198 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:50:25 »
You could send one if you have extras. I have to conserve some things until an auction is over to see where I stand.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1199 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:50:39 »
If your name is esoomenona, PM me your...oh wait. NVM. :P

in memoriam