Author Topic: sth's blog  (Read 26503 times)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: sth's blog
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 15:15:40 »
But...where's my two step? :(

cpt you have some awesome keyboards! tell me about your kmac.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 15:18:44 »
It's currently got some new Brobot friends on the Tilde and Escape. I like the Steel Brobot a lot. And it's still got all the CMYK colors. Love the color scheme and the GMK caps.

It was my daily driver at home for the last 2-3 weeks but after I got Diablo 3, it turns out I can't mash on MX Greens for hours. So now it's napping in its case while I use it's roommate. (KMAC and Epsilon share a case.) :D

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 15:28:29 »
I have a Ducky Year of the Rabbit, it was my first mech board. It is the reason I am here now. It's the reason I know this blog. It's the reason we are frands :)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 15:30:02 »
this is probably my favorite blog on all of geekhack  :)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 15:41:50 »
I have a Ducky Year of the Rabbit, it was my first mech board. It is the reason I am here now. It's the reason I know this blog. It's the reason we are frands :)

this is a blog of frandship
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 23:54:14 »
new blog post: shout out

HOFFMANMYSTER

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 23:59:45 »

Show Image
HOFFMANMYSTER

IT WORKED!!!!!  I'M FAMOUS!!!

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 05:50:31 »

Show Image
HOFFMANMYSTER

Unsubscribed.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 10:34:57 »

Show Image
HOFFMANMYSTER

Unsubscribed.

:'(  oh

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 14:24:34 »
new blog post: ENOUGH JOKING AROUND

you guys! i need some blogging tips. what do the most successful bloggers do? they turn to the internet! the internet works great for bloggers because they can use it to blog AND to read other blogs. you can't do either of those things without the internet.
so now i need your help, internet:
how do i get the hot blog leads?
how do i get the blog fans knocking down my door?
do i need a door for my blog?
can a blog be more than a blog?
could my blog be the president's home page one day?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 14:41:03 »
1. how do i get the hot blog leads?
2. how do i get the blog fans knocking down my door?
3. do i need a door for my blog?
4. can a blog be more than a blog?
5. could my blog be the president's home page one day?

1. Become a freemason.
2. Tell me where your door is.
3. Only if you want it knocked down.
4. Yes.
5. It's simple, hack the white house like they do in those hollywood movies. Some accurate ones to learn from are "Hackers" and "Die Hard 4.0".

Offline sulonen

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 14:47:56 »
sth's blog is perfect in every way.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 01:42:04 »
5. It's simple, hack the white house like they do in those hollywood movies. Some accurate ones to learn from are "Hackers" and "Die Hard 4.0".

i'll use visual basic to build a gui to track his IP address!

new blog post: i am not a hacker

dear mr. president: i am not a hacker
tell your mans to go home

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 11:59:55 »
new blog post: boy alps are loud

so much reverberating pings and pangs and paangs. filcos dont even come close to how majest-ically loud this board is. nor do they come with pbt keys.

who likes falafel? who wants to mail me a burrito?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 12:02:22 »
I like falafel, Alps, Filcos, and burritos :3

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 12:06:20 »
im typing on an m0116. clanky.

i think i might replace these with matias. love this layout though, except the bottom row.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 05:13:08 »
new blog post: have you palped an alp today?!

just a reminder to switch up your switches and palp some alps for a change! or, if you normally use alps, use topre! if you normally use cherry MX, figure out your life! and if you're using a burroughs keyboard then keep it up.

and remember, stay cool
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 April 2014, 05:15:00 by sth »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 09:46:10 »
new blog post: new tutorial: hamster: thin

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 10:50:57 »
asking for more hamsters

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 10:59:29 »
That's usually nicknamed a ''pancake''.  One of mine used to do it.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 12:40:30 »
I wanna be a hamster when I grow up.  They look so comfy.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 12:42:08 »
But only if your person gives you a ride on their hand and pets you kindly.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 14:21:32 »
new blog post: so sad

the reason this is so sad is that the puppy automatically leaves. thanks for taking away a puppy, gravity.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 14:27:46 »
blog update: video instructions
watch assiduously

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 01 May 2014, 01:33:00 »
new blog post: fun stuff!

i have a couple of keyboards on the way :x
one is small! the other is also small in a smaller way! a SmallWay.
i have some keycaps for these keyboards on the way too. that way i don't have to type on the switches.

meta blog post: style
i have it, you don't. sorry.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 04:26:28 »
new blog post: THE LEGEND OF THE FIERCE HORSE

fig. 1: recovered ancient depictions of  FIERCE HORSE on millenial personal computer input device

it has come to my attention that this community does not have proper historical information about the FIERCE HORSE and i could not keep my silence on this matter any longer. the world must know the power of FIERCE HORSE so that we will not fall to its equestrian wiles again.

recently, an inquisition was formed to determine the origin of the following keycap:
More

this key is apparently rare because not many top-row profile versions of this were made. however, a mod-row version WAS made as part of an RGB dyesub kit group buy through standard plastics. Because this kit was for 1.5 mods, a key was needed to fill in a 1x windows button and the cherry was chosen as a symbol of appreciation for the switches. a red Esc dyesub was also included.

nobody expected the FIERCE HORSE.

a mysterious suggestion was made at the behest of FIERCE HORSE. whispers of an additional key floated on the wind, from no discernible origin, until a suggestion was proffered: "shall we place the likeness of this horse upon a keycap to be included with this RGB+Y modifier set?"

for reasons theretofore inexplicable (and heretofore inconceivable) there was found to be unanimous, if not ostentatious support for the FIERCE HORSE keycap. and try as they might, not a single member of the group buy effort could exactly place their finger on exactly what it was that drew them so powerfully, so dreadfully, to FIERCE HORSE. it was a passion. a desire. a longing, painful, hideous cry, from so deep within their broken souls, that they could not admit to one another that their urgent need may be the result of a outside force, perhaps mystical, religious or magnetic in origin. as is the wont of geekhackers, much dramatic tension was created as some members began to question their unbreakable adoration of FIERCE HORSE, but neigh- these stirrings of sentiment were due not in part to a true and lucid rejection of the FIERCE HORSE, but entirely out of fear and dread at the thought of their most coveted, most precious of traits -- the freedom of will -- being violated so wantonly by the thoroughbred manipulations of FIERCE HORSE. generally though, those who possessed concern for the effect of the FIERCE HORSE kept the feelings private.

for those not prone to self-examination of their primal desires, it felt too real, too genuine to question even the smallest aspect of. some couldn't handle the pressure of a possible life without FIERCE HORSE and became socially withdrawn, inattentive to their children, spouses, friends, pets, and coworkers. they became irritable and knew not why. those who smoked found themselves doubling their habits within days. heavy drinkers of coffee approached dfj-levels of consumption but were not able to maintain his lucidity or physical command of bowels. relationships suffered; marriages seemingly overnight. personal health and hygiene was nonexistent but for most geekhackers this was not a departure from the ordinary in a marked way.

the fire of desire for FIERCE HORSE had been lit.

coming next... the fallout of the release of FIERCE HORSE
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 May 2014, 09:26:39 by sth »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:44:31 »
new blog post: shameless

I'LL HAVE THAT

seriously guys seriously. don't you think it's time i got in the game for these clim clams? everybody's gettin' em. nobody wants em. i'll take some off your hands! no problem.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:45:49 »
But...why Click Clacks when you have Fierce Horse??

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:46:38 »
But...why Click Clacks when you have Fierce Horse??

i have all the FIERCE HORSE there is to have (AND MAYBE MORE BINGE HEY BINGE) but not all the crab clogs!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:49:38 »
Can you post a picture of your fabled fierce horse collection?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:54:33 »
Attention Mr. Crandall Clacker
To Whom It May Concern,
Hello.

I am a fan of your work. It is so nice. I especially like the colors but the shapes are very good too. I noticed you are getting into scary beasts and marijuana pots and i have to say the visual stimulation is getting to be too much for me to bear! I fear these depictions.
If you can find it within your humble heart and busy schedule, do you think you will ever again make fine single opaque colored Collectors' Clickclack Keyboard Keys?? Maybe for olden time's sake. Maybe for the children. Maybe to give your chislin' gnomes a break. Maybe I'll trade you for a sandwich.
Have you ever dreamed Mr. Crawford Clacking? Do you know the desire inside the fire of want? I am not a covetous man. I just like the colors and the shapes.

post script to my blog readers: i believe some of you know how to get this message to Crenshaw. If you can pass it along maybe he will visit my blog and agree to sponsor me in exchange for banner ads. Cleveland, if you're reading this, i can't believe you've visited my blog. i just can't.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:59:44 by sth »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 06 May 2014, 09:55:12 »
Can you post a picture of your fabled fierce horse collection?

the ones above are my FIERCE HORSE keys. those are the only two I know of.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 09:36:38 »
new blog post: violence in the media, violence inthe streets!

this is what happens when our children get exposed to things. give peace a chance you nitwits. violence doesn't solve an issue. solving issues solves issues. solve it, don't violent it. jeez.

what happened to this world

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #83 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 17:11:47 »
new blog post: it's colder'n a witch's fridge!

the weather here is nuts! actually it's just like the pacific northwest, if you know anything about that whole mess.

:U :U :U :U :U :U :U :U

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 04:34:18 »
new blog post: inhale, exhale, cornhale

please register your interest for duck viper at the following link:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QfwzFQiOOQRUaIfPpqK841HcbSS7doaW91D6lyGortA/viewform

then treat yourself to a frosty mug hit. then treat yourself to a pizza! then treat yourself to hanging out with a dog!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 07:57:27 »
new blog post: check out this crazy crap!
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58015.0

yung pimp bcg tooth'd his model m so he could more conveniently type on his phone! pair that with a bluetooth handset like this: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8928/

and you got yourself an omelette!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 08:17:58 »
sth, enough keyboard talk. What are you listening to these days? And post more animal related things. Thin hamster was amazing and we tried it on my hamster at home. He did not like being thin.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
sth's blog
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 08:23:42 »
sth, enough keyboard talk. What are you listening to these days? And post more animal related things. Thin hamster was amazing and we tried it on my hamster at home. He did not like being thin.

I shared thin hamster with some loved ones. My sister immediately tried to make her hamster thin, only to find that it had died. 18 months ago.

Thanks a lot, sth. You made my sister cry.

Way to go.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 08:36:53 »

were you assiduous enough? it's right there in the how-to vid. try again and let me know. also you might wanna give him some food first so he gets sleepy. but what do i know, i haven't owned a small animal in years.

i am listening to some cool stuff. you know, like Dead In The Dirt, Kickback, Tony Molina,  and i NEED to start listening to these guys more: Weekend Nachos. i've also been writing new songs for my band that still has no drummer. we've just finished the 5th song and are starting on the 6th, and we seem to be getting more and more epic and anthemic as we go. thin krvst!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 08:41:12 »

I shared thin hamster with some loved ones. My sister immediately tried to make her hamster thin, only to find that it had died. 18 months ago.

Thanks a lot, sth. You made my sister cry.

Way to go.

wow man that's awful! your sister sounds like a nincompoop! negligence leading to the death of a beloved pet is for dweebs, but she didn't even know it was dead?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 08:47:30 »
new blog post: words of wisdom!

Shouldn't he cover the Product ID?

Of course, if it was legit anyway. But, I suspect that Microsoft hardly bothers to check.

If you even attempted to create any kind of Windows 95 "account" would it even exist?

Well, if you create an account, doesn't that count as bringing an account into a state of existence? I think that may answer your question already!

in other news, i want a set of light brown pbt keycaps. Peanut Butter Typing.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 08:53:03 »
were you assiduous enough? it's right there in the how-to vid. try again and let me know. also you might wanna give him some food first so he gets sleepy. but what do i know, i haven't owned a small animal in years.

I'm not sure. I'll have to try again. He just kept squirming so maybe he wasn't sleepy/relaxed enough. Perhaps I didn't ride him gently enough...

i am listening to some cool stuff. you know, like Dead In The Dirt, Kickback, Tony Molina,  and i NEED to start listening to these guys more: Weekend Nachos. i've also been writing new songs for my band that still has no drummer. we've just finished the 5th song and are starting on the 6th, and we seem to be getting more and more epic and anthemic as we go. thin krvst!

I love Weekend Nachos...and Spotify. Got new jams to listen to all day thanks to you and Spotify :D.

And your band has no drummer? Program some in like Periphery does!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 09:03:53 »

I'm not sure. I'll have to try again. He just kept squirming so maybe he wasn't sleepy/relaxed enough. Perhaps I didn't ride him gently enough...

I love Weekend Nachos...and Spotify. Got new jams to listen to all day thanks to you and Spotify :D.

there is only one band i like that has programmed drums; otherwise i will be polite and just say i am not a fan of the practice. as long as i have limbs i can at least play on the demos.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 09 May 2014, 14:18:37 »

there is only one band i like that has programmed drums; otherwise i will be polite and just say i am not a fan of the practice. as long as i have limbs i can at least play on the demos.

I was gonna say, you should just do it.  I remember back when you posted some videos of your band playing and you were pretty not that awfully terrible at the drums.  ;)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 01:19:24 »

I was gonna say, you should just do it.  I remember back when you posted some videos of your band playing and you were pretty not that awfully terrible at the drums.  ;)

i write all the drum parts in my head as i'm writing guitar parts anyways. the problem is i'm just really really out of shape right now so i can't physically play some of the parts and some parts i can play but i won't be able to make them sound as good as i'd like. time to start doing pushups.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 07:18:42 »
new blog post: SOME ONE'S GOT A CASE OF THE MON DAYS

IT'S ME
I HAVE A CASE OF THE MONDAYS

but the good news is that i only have a few more hours of work. what should i do after work today? what would YOU do after work today? what are you GOING TO DO after work today? tell me!

i would go ride my bike but my knee still hurts a little bit from the Mean Streets of Holland Incident last week. I was walking up some stairs and then i hit one of the stairs with my knee so hard. talk about boneheaded.
when was the last time you attempted to best furniture or architecture? how did it turn out? please share your stories of victory in the face of construction projects. i know demik would have some stories but he got grounded so he's not allowed to talk to us anymore.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 07:26:14 »
hahahaha
mondays
I'm sick brb eating a cracker and vomiting into a bucket
at least school is out of the picture #rebel
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 02:27:23 »
new blog post: it's tuesday but it's also my friday!

dang i really thought it would have taken me way less time for me to get to 3 pages on my blog (50 posts per page). but you know what, quality weighs a lot more than quantity. BUT! you know WHAT?! MORE QUALITY IS BETTER THAN LESS QUALITY! myth bested.

tomorrow my mom is flying to holland! that's pretty cool. she's never been to europe, as far as i know.

hey! eat some yogurt! that's what's up. it's one of the weirdest foods besides eggs!!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 03:25:53 »
new blog post: the sizzling of desire!

Click clacks: do they smell like bacon nowadays?
this is the kind of crazy **** that happens in holland: Basically adults are children and cannot feed themselves so they eat sprinkles on their toast and now there is bacon sprinkles for toast

it's another one of those Totally Weird Foods. TWFs. Twifffff. Today I looked up Clam Dangers. most of the results were about the dangers of eating clams. but can you imagine if a clam fell on you from really high up? Be Careful of Shellfish. BCoF. B'Coffffff.

In some News: Macaully Caulkin. What a friggin wet blanket and also eugh. What ever man. Check out this shirt he made:

It's a cool shirt but, man, blehhhgg. Get it figured out! Or whatever. You know this guy was in movies? He also plays music in a band that instead of writing music, plays the Velvet Underground's music, and instead of singing their lyrics, they sing about pizza and what you can do with it, i think mostly eating it. Woof.

Do you guys like Bears? Like, the animals?
Sometimes I think bears are wearing really baggy clothes and I wonder what a bear would look like if it decided to start shopping at H&M. What if bears drank beer?!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 03:26:51 »
new blog post: the sizzling of desire!

Click clacks: do they smell like bacon nowadays?
this is the kind of crazy **** that happens in holland: Basically adults are children and cannot feed themselves so they eat sprinkles on their toast and now there is bacon sprinkles for toast

it's another one of those Totally Weird Foods. TWFs. Twifffff. Today I looked up Clam Dangers. most of the results were about the dangers of eating clams. but can you imagine if a clam fell on you from really high up? Be Careful of Shellfish. BCoF. B'Coffffff.

In some News: Macaully Caulkin. What a friggin wet blanket and also eugh. What ever man. Check out this shirt he made:

It's a cool shirt but, man, blehhhgg. Get it figured out! Or whatever. You know this guy was in movies? He also plays music in a band that instead of writing music, plays the Velvet Underground's music, and instead of singing their lyrics, they sing about pizza and what you can do with it, i think mostly eating it. Woof.

Do you guys like Bears? Like, the animals?
Sometimes I think bears are wearing really baggy clothes and I wonder what a bear would look like if it decided to start shopping at H&M. What if bears drank beer?!