Author Topic: Anyone recognise this keyboard?  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
    • Elliot Ghost Photography
Anyone recognise this keyboard?
« on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 10:30:06 »
Found a cheap board at a flea market i couldnt resist. I felt at once that it was low budget and crappy, but it had a weird switch and weird keys, so i had to have it :)

They are clicky, but it may be a rubber dome. But there are springs involved.. Not sure. Very inconsitent feel on the keys. Some are very clicky and some almost not at all. I think its just worn out on some keys. No 50 million key presses here i guess :P The larger keys are very fuzzy about hitting spot on in the middle or they get stuck. Space is a nightmare to press as you really have to hit in the middle there too. Hmm, why did i buy this keyboard? Hehe. Take a look at the images and see what you make of it. It has no brand name or anything either. Euro style enter key, but rest of the layout is USA style... And yea, arabic on the keys too ^^.

REALFORCE 88UB / APPLE AEKII [mod.] / MX REVOLUTION / QPAD HEATON XXL

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 16:41:22 »
Quote from: ripster;325594
Ya Sheng Mechanical Touch Chinese clone of the IBM Buckling Spring.

Were they good clones? I mean, were they any good at all?
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 17:43:38 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;325816
Were they good clones? I mean, were they any good at all?

After comparing my board to a model m, all i can say is... NO :D And i havnt even plugged it in yet ;) Seems very low quality.
Interesting though :) I read about that board here some time ago, but didnt remember until you showed me now.

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 17:47:35 »
By the way, be on the lookout for this one at the classifieds section sometimes soon ;)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 18:04:41 »
Quote from: Ghostpixel;325857
By the way, be on the lookout for this one at the classifieds section sometimes soon ;)

I might be interested. Would be a nice toy to have if the price is ok.

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 April 2011, 23:34:21 »
Its going to be cheap! Or maybe you have some other weird keyboard up for trade?