Author Topic: EBay  (Read 968 times)

Offline bettablue

• Geeks with a Grudge. Gotta Love'em
    • All Things DOS
EBay
« on: Sun, 24 April 2011, 16:47:20 »
I just posted something in "Great Finds" about a model M selling on EBay.  In just a couple of minutes, I found even more for prices ranging from $25.00  to $39.95 for the buy it no option.  There is even one with a current bid of $9.99.  Of course, we all know that's going to climb just before the closing of the bid.  

When I was looking for my first model M, I couldn't find one for less than $50.00 plus shipping.  In fact, I just sold one through E-Bay for $95.00.  I also saw an XT model F selling for only $50.00 for the buy it now option.  That amazes me, because I recently sold one of those too, for over $200.00!  Is there something going on to all of the sudden drive the prices down like that, or do they usually pop up from time to time like this?  Has anyone noticed a cycle?
Vintage Computer user, and collector, specializing in the IBM 5150 Personal Computer, the World\'s first REAL PC!
Keyboards - IBM Model M X 2, IBM AT X 2, IBM KB8923, Apple IIe, and Mac SE boards. 

-----------------IBM Think!---------------------

Offline False_Dmitry_II

EBay
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 24 April 2011, 16:53:40 »
I can tell you that as long as I've been looking XT model F's have always been cheap as dirt because of how useless they are. There was a pair of two that went for about $40-50 which was the first I saw of them.

I also got all three model M's I bought for $35 or less. All nice and clean.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)