Author Topic: Mechanical keyboards rock!!!  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Aardwolf

Mechanical keyboards rock!!!
« on: Sun, 24 April 2011, 05:44:09 »
This is probably a pretty useless post on this forum (everyone knows they rock), but I kind of want to say what I currently feel. I'm typing this post using a rubber dome keyboard, that's what made me want to post this in the first place!

So I bought a mechanical keyboard for personal use somewhere last year (a Filco).
Then the beginning of this year, I bought a second one (myself) for using it at my work.

So for the last three months or so I have never used anything else than mechanical keyboards.

Now due to being somewhere else I've got a rubber dome keyboard in front of me, and it seems as if I've unlearned typing on one. It requires a lot more pressure. My fingers become kind of tired from typing and sometimes I accidently skip letters due to not pressing the keys deep enough. They need to be pressed all the way down into this mushy rubber.

And that while it's a logitech keyboard, logitech being a brand I once found pretty nice.

And really, my hands are feeling tired from this!

So yeah, mechanical keyboards really rock, it's not some kind of fad.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 April 2011, 05:46:55 by Aardwolf »

Offline domin8r

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 24 April 2011, 18:22:50 »
I recognize the feeling.. recently got a mechanical keyboard. The transition to the mechanical keyboard was great but you'll REALLY notice it when you're back an a ****ty rubberdome again. It really makes you wonder why not everyone has a mechanical keyboard!
Compaq MX-11800, Ergo Clear/Brown/Ghetto Red
Ducky 1087XM
Laser SX-25 , White SMK
Black Dell AT101W
IBM Model M 1390120 (\'86)
Cherry G80-1000, Panda Clears

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 24 April 2011, 20:23:01 »
Because they look at you funny and ask "why aren't you just using the keyboard that laptop has on it already?"
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline NimbleRabit

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 April 2011, 20:31:39 »
I don't have a problem with scissor switches either, they are actually quite nice sometimes.

That said, I do love my mechanical keyboard.

Offline False_Dmitry_II

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 April 2011, 20:36:30 »
Well, I could use it, yes. But I like these better.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline Magna224

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 24 April 2011, 20:37:32 »
I love the way the keyboard on my g73 feels. Scissors are nice.
If you live in AZ you can try my keyboards. I usually keep plenty of different ALPS and MX and buckling springs.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 24 April 2011, 21:27:05 »
Scissors are #2, for sure. I particularly like the feel of the new Apple Aluminum keyboards.