Author Topic: typing on kbc poker red  (Read 1551 times)

Offline leotnnz

typing on kbc poker red
« on: Mon, 25 April 2011, 05:17:47 »
i am on vacation in china now. and grab a poker kb with red switches locally. this is my first red switch kb. it feels like the light black, but maybe too light to me. and i tried filco red in local store. the build quality of poker is not solid as filco. it feels more like plastic. but i won't expect more based on the prices of filco and poker. i am not a fan of kbc. but i like their some ideas and design.

as a kbc kb, poker is interesting and looks like a toy. list pros and cons below.

pros: small, light and easy to carry. key caps are regular from kbc. font are large enough which i like. and side letters are clear. detached usb connection wire is also what i need. 4 DIP switches are on the back to lock win key, exchange capslock and ctrl and so on. easy to diy if you wanna have the backlight. and surely the cheapest red switch on the market. the lastest news says other oem brands like noppoo will have new products with the red switch.

cons: no support feet. i could not understand there is such a bug on a kb. and there may be the trouble if you wanna use direction keys and right shift together which might be a problem for a programmer.
led light from esc is blocked by tab key.

i have no camera with me now. see pics from a reliable reviewer whose reviews i always like to read here. http://www.pcwaishe.cn/thread-164968-1-4.html
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 April 2011, 05:26:03 by leotnnz »

Offline 002

• Topre Enthusiast
typing on kbc poker red
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 April 2011, 07:39:53 »
Nice little review.
I've ordered my poker with Cherry red switches and I'm looking forward to it.
To be honest, I don't really have high expectations for it and I expect that the build quality will be lower than what I'm used to - so maybe it will surprise me.

I really only bought mine for my wife as I kinda want my GHSS minitouch back in storage :smile:

Offline curzen

typing on kbc poker red
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 April 2011, 08:51:39 »
curious red PCB, the other photos I've seen so far showed them with greenish blue ones.
[ KBC Poker ]

Offline Larry Dallas

typing on kbc poker red
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 April 2011, 09:20:49 »
Where did you buy it? I was in BJ last month and they didn't have any yet at 中关村. I ordered mine on taobao.

Offline leotnnz

typing on kbc poker red
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 April 2011, 09:41:51 »
i got it in a local store in my city. poker is on sale from middle of this month. you are not lucky, man.