Author Topic: Model F ANSI Mod Key Hard To Press  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Captain Sobel

Model F ANSI Mod Key Hard To Press
« on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 18:58:05 »
I turned my model F left shift from whatever it was before (1.5 width maybe?) to a standard Model M left shift key. I did this by taking out the barrel spring and flipper of the neighboring barrel and inserting the Model M stabilizer peg thing into that barrel. It works well if hit straight on but if I hit the key towards the outside or bottom corner there is too much resistance to press the key. Does anyone have any ideas on how to address this? Thanks!!

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
Re: Model F ANSI Mod Key Hard To Press
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 19:06:17 »
You either have the wrong stabilizer insert or you have it inserted incorrectly.  Look at it closely, they're not all symmetric.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline Captain Sobel

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 19:12:30 »
As in I might have installed it upside down? Or as it I used the wrong stabilizer insert peg thing?

Offline Captain Sobel

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 19:15:41 »
PICS

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 19:19:51 »
Some of them have the hole centered, some have the hole offset, so rotating it will move where the hole is in the barrel.

The insert for the shift key should be a centered one.  I believe the vertical ones on a numpad are the ones that are offset.  I could be wrong.

Looking at your pic, does the hole seem offset a little to the left or is that a trick of the angle?  You might want to pull it, rotate it, try it again.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline Captain Sobel

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 19:53:01 »
Ah thank you so much I thought they were all the same I just pulled them from my model m and inserted them randomly. Let me look into that.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 20:05:45 »
these are the variations

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"