Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2394793 times)

Offline Nixietube

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #2200 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 08:53:14 »
i dont have camera lying around right now, it has no dirt and looks really good. serial number is G81-3079SAD from 1998

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2201 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 09:20:41 »
I got a german layout g81 with thick pbt dye sub keycaps for a couple of bucks on a yardsale. i've read a couple of times that they are very expensive and rare. but how much worth are they?
The keyboard itself is most likely of little value since it's a G81 (MY switches). Half Saint on deskthority is selling the same keycaps for 60 euros here : http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/cherry-dye-sub-full-sets-de-yu-t6736.html
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2202 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 09:30:40 »
Actually SAD models with German dyesubs aren't so rare or hard to find. Up to 70 depend on condition. If it was practically any other language you would have hit jackpot. Additionally you may be able to sell the casebody for another 10 or so.

Offline Nixietube

« Reply #2203 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 09:38:04 »
Thanks for the info. I paid like 5€ for it, so its still a good find. i'll just use the keycaps on my poker 2. the keycaps feel amazing.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2204 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 11:38:44 »
Best move for sure, keeping them to use.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2205 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 11:55:06 »
Absolutely. You can't beat Cherry dyesubs. Enjoy them.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline oghma

« Reply #2206 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 16:14:48 »
PC -
Rosewill RK-9000RE (cherry red switches), debranded and with mini usb port epoxied for durability
WASD V1 (cherry blue switches)
Rosewill stock black ABS keycaps - 104 key set
Bare black ABS keycaps - 104 key set

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2207 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 17:35:28 »
Rosewill RK-9000RE (cherry red switches), debranded and with mini usb port epoxied for durability - ~$60
WASD V1 (cherry blue switches) - ~$80
Rosewill stock black ABS keycaps - 104 key set - ~$5
Bare black ABS keycaps - 104 key set ~$10-15 if like new

Offline oghma

« Reply #2208 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 17:53:05 »
Thanks for the info!  Getting a new V2 as a gift, so I'm thinking about selling one or both of my older boards.

Guess I'll need to post more and lurk less, so I can make a new post on classifieds.  XP

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2209 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 08:09:24 »
What's a fair price for a Model F AT keyboard nowadays?

Depends on the condition.  Anywhere from $120-200.

I believe one just sold for around the tune of $60.

That's and incredibly low price for an F AT.  That's more in line with some of the ones that require a Soarer's mod to work.

That's really high, I've only seen them for around $60.
Perhaps they're different types.

You show me where I can buy 84 key Model F AT's at $60 and I'll buy every one of them! You are probably looking at Model F XT's which require a converter to work and have an awkward layout.

Nubbinator picked the higher range of Model F's. 1 or 2 have gone for about $100 + shipping, average has been about $130 + shipping in the last 4 months. Those are the ones I've seen or followed anyway.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 December 2013, 08:18:23 by ninjadoc »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2210 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 09:46:52 »
Yes the XT Model F is going for around $60-80 currently. They do require a Soarer's converter to work on modern PCs.

The AT Model F is currently going for around $200, in excellent condition.

122-key Model F are going for around $185, in excellent condition.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2211 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 20:29:51 »
Yes the XT Model F is going for around $60-80 currently. They do require a Soarer's converter to work on modern PCs.

The AT Model F is currently going for around $200, in excellent condition.

122-key Model F are going for around $185, in excellent condition.

I have not studied the "Completed Listings" which are where you really go to see ebay prices, but I will say that your prices look perhaps a little high for the small ones.

The other side of the story is that there are always multiple XTs listed (albeit often at too-high prices) while ATs are more scarce and fleeting, and F-122s are downright rare.

That one F-122 listed by h2gofast has been sitting there all alone for several weeks, and, frankly, I am surprised that nobody has picked it off. Furthermore, I predict that after it sells, it will be at least a month or 2 before another one turns up, maybe much longer.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Kayliss

« Reply #2212 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 03:30:11 »
Nixdorf blacks, the old super smooth MX blacks with clear tops. About 65 of them loose?  ;D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2213 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 06:43:44 »
How much is a set of those Tai Hao caps worth?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2214 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:38:29 »

I sold for 15+shipping with the 6.25 spacebar. I was not trying to make a profit though.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2215 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:39:36 »

I sold for 15+shipping.

but originally they were like ~$9 plus shipping right?? Seems like all the pricing info was been removed from the GB thread....how convenient... :P

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2216 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:49:23 »

I sold for 15+shipping.

but originally they were like ~$9 plus shipping right?? Seems like all the pricing info was been removed from the GB thread....how convenient... :P

Yes, $9. But that did not include the 6.25 spacebar. So add $3 and a bit more for shipping if the set has that spacebar.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2217 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 07:52:30 »

I sold for 15+shipping.

Yes, $9. But that did not include the 6.25 spacebar. So add $3 and a bit more for shipping if the set has that spacebar.

Ok fair enough, thanks for the info!!

Really I was just wondering if the $25 which seems to be the going rate now is realistic or profiteering.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #2218 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:39:55 »

I sold for 15+shipping.

Really I was just wondering if the $25 which seems to be the going rate now is realistic or profiteering.

Keypop pretty much allowed that GB to happen so I think they're entitled to a little bit of profiteering, however I do think $25 + shipping is a little steep.
Gotta collect them all

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2219 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 09:53:00 »

I sold for 15+shipping.

Keypop pretty much allowed that GB to happen so I think they're entitled to a little bit of profiteering, however I do think $25 + shipping is a little steep.

I was more interested in forum members who are doing the same....:eek:

I mean people can sell for whatever they want it's just funny that is all.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #2220 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:03:06 »

I sold for 15+shipping.

I was more interested in forum members who are doing the same....:eek:

I mean people can sell for whatever they want it's just funny that is all.

Ah, well given some recent large sales... GH seems to attract people who purchase things purely to mark up and sell later.  I can't believe the amount of people who sell cap sets immediately upon receiving them.
Gotta collect them all

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2221 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:04:18 »

I sold for 15+shipping.

Due to PayPal fees and such, I almost broke even at $15/each, but not quite.  At $25/each they are probably making $5-10 depending on how much shipping they paid...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2222 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:06:05 »

I sold for 15+shipping.

Due to PayPal fees and such, I almost broke even at $15/each, but not quite.  At $25/each they are probably making $5-10 depending on how much shipping they paid...

So maybe the problem is these didn't end up being as 'cheap' as it seemed they would be...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2223 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:10:18 »
Still, $25 for a complete set of doubleshot keycaps? C'mon...you can't really complain about that. Where could you get a complete set of NEW doubleshots for $25 a year ago? We were paying $100 in group buys, then the bargain price of $60 direct to SP for a full set.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2224 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:11:30 »
Still, $25 for a complete set of doubleshot keycaps? C'mon...you can't really complain about that. Where could you get a complete set of NEW doubleshots for $25 a year ago? We were paying $100 in group buys, then the bargain price of $60 direct to SP for a full set.

I was just trying to figure out how $9 turned into $25 but it all makes sense now....

Offline tgujay

« Reply #2225 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 10:23:59 »

I was just trying to figure out how $9 turned into $25 but it all makes sense now....

I think they ended up being $11 a set with the extra 1.5 blanks.  I'm too lazy to check my paypal to get the exact number.
Gotta collect them all

Offline archer

« Reply #2226 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:18:31 »
Hi everyone! Was wondering what a fair value would be for a perfect condition, stock black Filco majestouch 2 ninja tkl case?

Trying to help out a fellow gh'er but honestly, I have no clue what a good price for the case would be.

Thanks in advance!

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #2227 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:21:01 »
Hi everyone! Was wondering what a fair value would be for a perfect condition, stock black Filco majestouch 2 ninja tkl case?

Trying to help out a fellow gh'er but honestly, I have no clue what a good price for the case would be.

Thanks in advance!

I'd guess 10-25 shipped.

[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #2228 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:41:48 »
Filco MJ2 TKL Black/Black NIB-never-used.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2229 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 12:10:59 »
Basically current lowest retail, give free shipping and small discount to give one incentive to buy it from you instead of store.

Offline Acknown3

• Not a keyboard addict
« Reply #2230 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 16:05:09 »
Anyone have an idea of what this is worth? Perhaps a modder could remove the PCB and use that, or I could just sell the keycaps.
FC660C gray dyesub, gummyrot clack
FC660M cherry reds, Triumph Adler, blue aluminum case
Filco TKL cherry reds, white side-printed PBT
IBM Model F XT

Offline frvrngn

« Reply #2231 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 15:19:49 »
PC - Matias Quiet Pro PC version.  Box, paperwork, everything.  Zero shine.  Used off and on a few weeks just to try the switches out.  Like it, just dont love it and would like to free up some cash.
Currently using: Cherry G80-1800 Ergo Clears, HHKB Pro 2, RF 87U Silent

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #2232 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 15:35:38 »
PC - Matias Quiet Pro PC version.  Box, paperwork, everything.  Zero shine.  Used off and on a few weeks just to try the switches out.  Like it, just don't love it and would like to free up some cash.

I would say $110-120 shipped. Given that it's $127 at mechanicalkeyboards and they have free shipping, that'd probably be fair, unless you're selling out of US, in which you could probably charge $130 shipped or so.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2233 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 10:13:48 »
Authentic Olivetti?

Been wanting something uber rare.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2234 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 11:56:15 »
Cherry Olivetti doubleshot - $60-80 for IT layout, $80-120+ for other ISO layouts like DE, ES, FR, (or very much more if something obscure like YU or NO) $120+ for US ANSI. For dyesubs add + $30-50 to each of doubleshot price. Prices assume in very good to mint condition.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 December 2013, 11:58:28 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2235 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 11:59:35 »
Oh, that's not nearly as much as I thought.

Sweet, thanks Ivan!
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2236 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 12:01:20 »
I feel availability of repros from original manufacture equipment of each respectively GMK and BSP should keep the price more sane. There is still subtle difference on original set with some legend variation and what not, but for people that simply want the colorway there is no need to pay crazy collector price.

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #2237 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 12:59:09 »
Cherry G80-1800 UK layout, winkeyless, MX blacks, used, good condition, PS2
maybe MX blues.. not sure

whats a reasonable buying price?
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 December 2013, 15:05:11 by deepthawt »
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2238 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 15:20:23 »
G80-1800H?G/H??GB, with doubleshotI would say around $75-85. If L?G/L??GB with lasered key, $45-$55.
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 December 2013, 15:24:43 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #2239 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 21:41:43 »
Cherry G80-1800 UK layout, winkeyless, MX blacks, used, good condition, PS2
maybe MX blues.. not sure

whats a reasonable buying price?

ah. the one include aluminium tray that selling on ebay.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #2240 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:00:38 »
Does this thing worth anything?

and the keycaps

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2241 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:09:01 »
Does this thing worth anything?
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

and the keycaps

Show Image

triple shot but not mx compatible=nice but not useful

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #2242 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:34:06 »
Except that they're Topre compatible. In July some went for 35$ in an auction.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2243 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:43:15 »

Whoa if so then they're worth more

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2244 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:45:06 »

If they went for $35 in an auction, why would they be worth more?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2245 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:45:48 »

If they went for $35 in an auction, why would they be worth more?

worth more than nothing

nice but not useful

Offline legodt

« Reply #2246 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 00:35:11 »
Is it worth buying a Cherry G80-11900 w/ black switches for $40 shipped?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2247 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 00:39:35 »
Is it worth buying a Cherry G80-11900 w/ black switches for $40 shipped?

for the used one? Its decent but you can find better ones

Offline legodt

« Reply #2248 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 00:53:27 »
Yeah it's used. But if that is an at-value price I'm probably not going to buy it.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2249 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 02:49:28 »
Yeah it's used. But if that is an at-value price I'm probably not going to buy it.

I contacted the seller before and they are open to lower prices if u ask them