Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2394799 times)

Offline kryptik101

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #2300 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 20:34:20 »
Was I talking to you?

Pacifist, there's a reason that people don't like trading or talking with you. $35? Lowball of the century, LOL.

OT: I'd say it's probably worth at least around a hundred. Don't let trolls like Pacifist try and lowball you out of a 'fair' sale. ('fair' because you're already selling at a great premium)

yeah I getcha I know it's probably at 100+. Not currently looking at selling it, just wanted to get an idea in case I have to sell it for books next semester...

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2301 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 20:37:11 »
Pacifist, there's a reason that people don't like trading or talking with you.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Could you not tell that he was joking?
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 January 2014, 20:39:15 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Canious

« Reply #2302 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 22:37:48 »
Hello folks,

I'm thinking of selling my Filco TKL Brown Majestic Touch 2 keyboard, its in mint condition how much you guys think i can sell it for? Thanks

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2303 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 22:47:33 »
Pacifist, there's a reason that people don't like trading or talking with you.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Could you not tell that he was joking?

I thought he was going all auction mode....

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2304 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 22:51:55 »
Hello folks,

I'm thinking of selling my Filco TKL Brown Majestic Touch 2 keyboard, its in mint condition how much you guys think i can sell it for? Thanks

if mint, 90-95% of what you paid for it

Offline Canious

« Reply #2305 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 01:15:50 »
Hello folks,

if mint, 90-95% of what you paid for it

Oh wow, so I had the keyboard for two years and bought it for $150, it appears amazon is selling now for $130 So safe to assume I can atleast get $100 or more? Seems like filco keyboard have a high resale value :P

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2306 on: Tue, 07 January 2014, 08:04:26 »
Was I talking to you?
Whoa there

I read these threads hells fast, tend to make mistakes.

Take a Ritalin and chill the **** out

I just don't see how you made that mistake. Even if you were reading fast, you would have noticed that I responded to a post that isn't yours.

Show Image

That has to be worth something right there....

Offline tgujay

« Reply #2307 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 07:46:06 »
Anyone know how much my Green gumrot CC goes for these days? Got it in the last drawing but never really checked how much I could get for it.
http://imgur.com/xCo9o8O

Whatever you paid for it plus shipping, it's a god damn piece of plastic people.
Gotta collect them all

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #2308 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 10:57:40 »
Anyone know how much my Green gumrot CC goes for these days? Got it in the last drawing but never really checked how much I could get for it.

Whatever you paid for it plus shipping, it's a god damn piece of plastic people.

Which someone took hours to work on, and if we value CC's time more than minimum wage and assume he spent three hours on a keycap, it would be worth over a hundred dollars for labor anyways.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2309 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 11:30:37 »

Which someone took hours to work on, and if we value CC's time more than minimum wage and assume he spent three hours on a keycap, it would be worth over a hundred dollars for labor anyways.

But CC sells these for ~$30 himself.

Offline tgujay

« Reply #2310 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 11:38:01 »

But CC sells these for ~$30 himself.

Exactly, I wasn't saying they aren't worth anything, I was saying I think it's kind of silly to assume their "worth" is more than what the vendor himself sells them for.  I also would never spend more than retail plus shipping for one.
Gotta collect them all

Offline tgujay

« Reply #2311 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 11:39:12 »

CC should have a wage of over $33 an hour? Hahahahahahaha.
Gotta collect them all

Offline tgujay

« Reply #2312 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 11:53:00 »
Exactly, I wasn't saying they aren't worth anything, I was saying I think it's kind of silly to assume their "worth" is more than what the vendor himself sells them for.  I also would never spend more than retail plus shipping for one.

But you're more than willing to sell one for more?

When have I ever sold a clack?
Gotta collect them all

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2313 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 11:54:45 »

Then sell it for $30 + shipping and donate the additional $70 or so to CC.  Don't sell for more based on that logic when you're not adding any value of your  own and all the additional value comes from CC who sells it under the value you ascribed to it.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2314 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 12:05:25 »

But you're more than willing to sell one for more?

When have I ever sold a clack?

Ah, my mistake. I misread the authors of the quotes, and thought it was you asking for a price to sell, but that was one kryptik101. Apologies.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2315 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 12:06:43 »

Then sell it for $30 + shipping and donate the additional $70 or so to CC.  Don't sell for more based on that logic when you're not adding any value of your  own and all the additional value comes from CC who sells it under the value you ascribed to it.

Sellers don't ascribe value; buyers do. Paying high prices for clacks is how buyers make it more likely that they can get one. People have less of a reason to sell them if they're cheap, which means less churn and fewer transactions. In an ironic twist, high prices make clacks more accessible, not less.

That's not to say that I agree with the market, of course. The obvious solution is to double or triple the number of Gnomes under ClickClack's employ.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2316 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 12:13:20 »

Sellers don't ascribe value; buyers do. Paying high prices for clacks is how buyers make it more likely that they can get one. People have less of a reason to sell them if they're cheap, which means less churn and fewer transactions. In an ironic twist, high prices make clacks more accessible, not less.

That's not to say that I agree with the market, of course. The obvious solution is to double or triple the number of Gnomes under ClickClack's employ.

It only makes them more accessible because people who own them are like.  "Sure, if you want to pay me double what this thing is worth, I will consider selling it." 

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2317 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 12:21:11 »
More

It only makes them more accessible because people who own them are like.  "Sure, if you want to pay me double what this thing is worth, I will consider selling it."

The problem though is that "worth" is wildly subject to individual want. For the same reason you pay the occasional extra premium for overnight shipping, you might pay double or triple the MSRP for a clack to have it now instead of maybe when the next sale comes around.

Again, I'm not particularly happy with the market, but it doesn't surprise me.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #2318 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 12:24:43 »
Look, cut it out with the semantics. I personally don't encourage the overpriced clack trade, but I want to provide the guy with a decent answer to how much he could sell his clack for and how much people would buy it for. Worth is not material prices, as riotonthebay aptly stated, but on how much people want it. And people will definitely pay $100 for that particular clack.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline tgujay

« Reply #2319 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 12:32:22 »
Look, cut it out with the semantics. I personally don't encourage the overpriced clack trade, but I want to provide the guy with a decent answer to how much he could sell his clack for and how much people would buy it for. Worth is not material prices, as riotonthebay aptly stated, but on how much people want it. And people will definitely pay $100 for that particular clack.

U mad brah?
Gotta collect them all

Offline kryptik101

« Reply #2320 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 15:04:23 »

U mad brah?
Well you see here I posted in a "Price Check" thread. So i figured i'd get responses about the highest price that I could sell at. I'm not actually going to be selling it unless I need to to fund my education so I kinda just wanted an answer, not a argument about whether or not selling at a price higher than what I paid for it is "morally right". You see the worth is not at all tied to what I myself paid for it but what other people are willing to pay for it. That's how supply and demand works.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2321 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 15:27:09 »

U mad brah?
Well you see here I posted in a "Price Check" thread. So i figured i'd get responses about the highest price that I could sell at. I'm not actually going to be selling it unless I need to to fund my education so I kinda just wanted an answer, not a argument about whether or not selling at a price higher than what I paid for it is "morally right". You see the worth is not at all tied to what I myself paid for it but what other people are willing to pay for it. That's how supply and demand works.

The highest price is all dependent on who wants it bad enough that particular day.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2322 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:09:47 »
Looking for a few theoretical PCs on Quick Fire Rapids.

Barely used board with greens, gently used board with blues.

Gently used board modded to clears or ergo clears.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2323 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:12:12 »

My QFR with blues sold for 45 before shipping, I would say an mx green could be ~85 shipped if you find the right person.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2324 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:15:16 »

MX Blue QFR = $55 - $65

MX Green QFR = $75 - $90 (maybe more depending on the buyer)

MX Clear QFR = $80 - $95 (depends on if they are stickered & lubed)

This is my opinion for a quick sale.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2325 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:21:36 »
This is not the place for discussion about Clack profiteering. There are plenty of other threads for that.

For that reason, price checks asking for a sale price for Clacks are highly discouraged in this thread. There are threads about Clacks for that.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #2326 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 00:00:48 »

U mad brah?

I don't see why you'd think so. Please stop trolling in the thread.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #2327 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 02:30:46 »
Wondering about the going price for original Cherry dyesubs and a HASRO

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2328 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 12:11:16 »
Personally, I don't think US sets are worth any more than what you can buy brand new BSP set for... they are exactly the same except the home keys. For other language, it depend. DE set seem to be worth not as much since they are much more common... where as others that are very rare like FR, TS/US, YU could get a very high price ~$175+. US/RU I would put at $175 as 'fair market value'... but I would also not be surprised if you could get $250+ from some buyers.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 January 2014, 12:13:20 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2329 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 12:15:27 »
Personally, I don't think US sets are worth any more than what you can buy brand new BSP set for... they are exactly the same except the home keys. For other language, it depend. DE set seem to be worth not as much since they are much more common... where as others that are very rare like FR, TS/US, YU could get a very high price ~$175+. US/RU I would put at $175 as 'fair market value'... but I would also not be surprised if you could get $250+ from some buyers.
Those homekeys really are a deal breaker for me though. Nipples are so uncomfortable IMO, and I understand the premium price of the US sets since they're so rare (especially in mint/NIB condition).

$250 sounds about right..

Hasro maybe about $300
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #2330 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 12:53:28 »
pho, i'd go $250 for hasro  :]
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 January 2014, 12:55:13 by Dubsgalore »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2331 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 20:58:53 »
Meh, buy a BSP set and a $30 DE set and take it's home keys... job done.

Offline niubio

« Reply #2332 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 09:23:48 »
Hi all,

just a quickie about four keyboards:

1) Used NCR / cherry blacks (Link)
2) New, unused Cherry 2500 HAU [PL] (Link)
3) New, unused, boxed Alcatel MFII [ES] (Link)
4) New, unused, boxed Acer 6312 [FR] (Link)
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 January 2014, 09:26:56 by niubio »

Offline tgujay

« Reply #2333 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 10:09:55 »
Hi all,

I don't know how much but damn that Acers got me hot and bothered.
Gotta collect them all

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #2334 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 10:49:33 »
Hi all,

I don't know how much but damn that Acers got me hot and bothered.
Lol@ the thread of the Cherry 2500
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #2335 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 13:34:44 »
Looking to sell off my computer minus hard drives.

CPU core i7 975
Mobo EVGA Classified 759
RAM 6GB Black Corsair Vengeance Triple Channel 1600Mhz
GPUs 2x OEM ATI 6970's in Crossfire.
PSU Corsair AX1200
CASE Coolermaster HAF XM 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2336 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 13:47:57 »
Hi all,

NCR - $175-225, this one is pretty rare
2500HAU - $100-$150, caps will be desirable sadly the keyboard is not PC which decrease value
Alcatel and Acer - $15-25

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2337 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 14:09:09 »
Looking to sell off my computer minus hard drives.

CPU core i7 975
Mobo EVGA Classified 759
RAM 6GB Black Corsair Vengeance Triple Channel 1600Mhz
GPUs 2x OEM ATI 6970's in Crossfire.
PSU Corsair AX1200
CASE Coolermaster HAF XM

$800-1000?

I think that's too high though...
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline niubio

« Reply #2338 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 14:53:35 »
ThankYVM Ivan!

Offline ctbear

« Reply #2339 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 13:11:09 »
I am thinking about getting rid of the following items What are they worth?

• KBT Oni with red switches
  • Tai Hao DS 37 keys (red)
  • Engraved black PBT 87 keys (thin)
  • CCnG round 2 87 keys
  • Steelseries Sensei (original)

All of them are in excellent condition except for the Sensei, which has a small chip on the top coating.
Thanks!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2340 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 14:34:40 »
1. Lowest retail -$5

2. $20

3. $30? Not sure

4. $60-70

5. I bought a refurb for $35, so I guess around that
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #2341 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 09:57:13 »
So what do you guys think a bolt-modded Model M part #1390120 with a new barrel plate is worth?
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2342 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 10:00:08 »

So what do you guys think a bolt-modded Model M part #1390120 with a new barrel plate is worth?

What's the condition of the rest of it? Clean, non-scratched case? Caps in good condition?

Offline 127001

« Reply #2343 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 11:03:33 »

Is harder to find but I personally wouldn't pay more than $50. I know that bolt modding it takes a lot of time and money, makes it "better" and what have you (and I think that's true)... But there are just too many Model M's on the market to justify the increased cost.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 January 2014, 11:36:34 by 127001 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2344 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 11:14:34 »

Personally, I miss the LEDs and am looking for a cheap 1390120 to break up for parts.

But I know that some people really like the "old-school" appeal. You should consider yourself lucky to get over $50, bolt-modding is not a good way to increase dollar value or make money.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #2345 on: Sun, 12 January 2014, 11:49:05 »
I'll be hoping for some 1390120 fanboys that want to pay top dollar for the item.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline ihateregister

• I like cookies. Yum!
« Reply #2346 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 00:19:37 »
I have a mechanical keyboard Coolermaster CM Storm *(SGK6000GKCR). I have the box, the USB Cord, the arm rest, and the Keys it came with. Some of the keys are a little bit faded from use (W A S D mostly). It has red switches, red LED backlight, with a red-painted backplate, some minor scratches on the plate that you can only see when you pull the key caps off. The USB cord works fine most of the time, but sometimes you have to jiggle/re-plug it. I tried to get them to replace the USB cable. But they wont unless I send ENTIRE keyboard to Coolermaster on my dime, so instead I bought a Ducky Shine II (which is awesome). Anyway, what's it worth? Between someone harvesting it for parts (119 mx reds w/ red baclight), and/or using it?

-reference-
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2014, 03:39:44 by ihateregister »

Offline the g man

« Reply #2347 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 00:58:55 »
Hey all,

Went for a walk with my girlfriend (begrudgingly) at a local flea market today.  While walking by a computer booth absolutely piled with junk, I spotted a model m under a pile of keyboards three feet high.

I thought I'd try to pick it up for a few bucks as a backup to the M's I used daily.

Pulled it out and realized I was mistaken.

I found, at least what appears to be, a brand new IBM Model F AT keyboard in the original bag. The bag (sealed) and tape used match this one http://www.clickykeyboards.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/9934/subcatid/0/id/123624.  No box of course, and no way to be certain it is new. I pulled the tape off carefully and it does appear completely brand new, no dirt, and perfect sticker.  I only paid $5 Canadian. Waiting on an AT to PS/2 adaptor in order to give it a test.

Not NIB, but close.

Any idea on value? I'm guessing that, other than testing, I probably shouldn't use it and should put it back in the bag?

As an aside, any way to date these things? Serial number is 271054378 (on back).

Thanks,
G man

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #2348 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 01:43:44 »
How much can I get out of my orangesicle topre skull clack?

I need realism please, so please don't tell me at 4grabs retail cost.

Thanks in advance,
T

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #2349 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 04:23:47 »
How much can I get out of my orangesicle topre skull clack?

I need realism please, so please don't tell me at 4grabs retail cost.

Thanks in advance,
T

Please, don't ask for Clack prices in this thread. Look up recent sale prices in the Clack Info thread, instead.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."