Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2395041 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #2850 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 16:40:12 »

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #2851 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 16:41:11 »
Guys, how much are these worth?
(Attachment Link)

You might want to check in the Clack Info Thread and ask there since the price is rather subjective.

Sounds good.  Thanks for the pointer.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2852 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 16:41:30 »
(Attachment Link)

$30.

Pretty sure retail price was ~$23, then you subtract from that because its used, so Id say $20

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #2853 on: Sun, 20 April 2014, 16:48:33 »
(Attachment Link)

$30.

Pretty sure retail price was ~$23, then you subtract from that because its used, so Id say $20

They were never used :-), so should be $22.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #2854 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 03:18:26 »
How much 456gt(black) and 360corsa(apple silver)?
both are not assembled and new.
i will quit this hobby, seriouly.

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #2855 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 03:43:38 »
GB price? ;D $50 or $100 over the GB price wouldn't be unreasonable, since most people on GH wouldn't be able to get their hands on those boards anyway.

I'm interested in the 360. PM me when/if you decide on a price for it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 April 2014, 17:49:31 by Photekq »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #2856 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 03:45:46 »
Add $100 for assembly to the GB price. I would buy the 360 if it were unassembled :'(

He said not assembled and new

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #2857 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 03:48:55 »
He said not assembled and new
Aaaand I shouldn't answer price checks 2 minutes after I wake up. Completely missed the 'not' :))
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 April 2014, 03:51:07 by Photekq »
github

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #2858 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 04:14:41 »
Anyone have a clue on the worth of BS skull clacks in new flavours? I'm assuming gumrot green skull is new since I haven't seen any yet.

I highly recommend you stay away from asking about CC key appraisals as they tend to be a bit controversial.
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #2859 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 04:58:33 »
Ah, sorry then :(
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline ajx

« Reply #2860 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 13:56:20 »
How much can i get for a white version of Poker II with mx-red, in very good condition (i bought it since few weeks)?
Thanks

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2861 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 14:20:15 »
How much can i get for a white version of Poker II with mx-red, in very good condition (i bought it since few weeks)?
Thanks

$90

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #2862 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:02:48 »
So, I'm trying to sell my phantom, and the question of the keycaps has come up. They're from the same board as donated the vintage black switches
http://i.imgur.com/F6SHOra.jpg

and I'm curious how much to add, or subtract if the offer is excluding, or including doubleshots as-pictures Orange arrow keys are pad printed, not from the donor kbd, and it's likely to stay that way unless I hear otherwise. Also, "fancy" keys such as F16 and "Send" I'm keeping because reasons, and the profile of some of the keys I'm using doesn't quite match the phantom layout.

So, as-pictured, what do you think I should offer to add/subtract from the otherwise working phantom? What do ancient doubleshots go for these days?

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline ebacho

« Reply #2863 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:05:32 »
So, I'm trying to sell my phantom, and the question of the keycaps has come up. They're from the same board as donated the vintage black switches
http://i.imgur.com/F6SHOra.jpg

and I'm curious how much to add, or subtract if the offer is excluding, or including doubleshots as-pictures Orange arrow keys are pad printed, not from the donor kbd, and it's likely to stay that way unless I hear otherwise. Also, "fancy" keys such as F16 and "Send" I'm keeping because reasons, and the profile of some of the keys I'm using doesn't quite match the phantom layout.

So, as-pictured, what do you think I should offer to add/subtract from the otherwise working phantom? What do ancient doubleshots go for these days?

Incomplete, thin WYSE in that condition is $5-20 without a patch kit.  I sold a mint thick WYSE set with moogle and Tsangan for ~$100, so even great condition specimens don't go for more than $55 or so.

Offline aiannone

« Reply #2864 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:45:23 »
Hello all,

I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I have a brand new in the box SSK (Model M Space Saving Keyboard). Can I get some suggestions as to what its fair market value is? I purchased it brand new in 2002 and for a variety of reasons never ended up using it (my daily driver is a M13). I have opened the box to verify contents - the keyboard is spotless and even smells brand new, and the SDL cable is brand new in the bag. The numbers on the box end match the keyboard, of course. I've attached a bunch of pictures here - please let me know your thoughts. Also, is EBAY the best place to sell? I have a few other keyboards that I will be posting about later on as well.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 April 2014, 15:48:12 by aiannone »

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2865 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:01:22 »
Hello all,

I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I have a brand new in the box SSK (Model M Space Saving Keyboard). Can I get some suggestions as to what its fair market value is? I purchased it brand new in 2002 and for a variety of reasons never ended up using it (my daily driver is a M13). I have opened the box to verify contents - the keyboard is spotless and even smells brand new, and the SDL cable is brand new in the bag. The numbers on the box end match the keyboard, of course. I've attached a bunch of pictures here - please let me know your thoughts. Also, is EBAY the best place to sell? I have a few other keyboards that I will be posting about later on as well.

Thanks in advance!

You just decreased its price by a lot by opening it. If it was BNIB, it would be worth a lot. Now unsealed, its price has decreased.

But some aussie GHer sold a few new SSKs for around 1K (I think)

Offline aiannone

« Reply #2866 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:09:03 »

You just decreased its price by a lot by opening it. If it was BNIB, it would be worth a lot. Now unsealed, its price has decreased.

Well, I opened it back in 2002 when I purchased / received it originally, to make sure it made the trip through Canada Post OK (I am in the US now), and just re-opened it again to take the photos once I realized it might be worth something. I originally bought it to use it, so the idea of not opening it never really crossed my mind.

That $1K is for BNIB or Opened, NIB, like mine? 1K AUD or USD?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #2867 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:14:58 »
Huh? Do you mean 1K total for all the SSKs he sold? I'm pretty sure one of his NIB SSKs sold for like $250. I'm certain NONE of his non-industrial SSKs came anywhere near 1K.
github

Offline intelli78

« Reply #2868 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:16:21 »
I have seen NIB SSKs ending for more like $400-450 lately -- and that was during the price hype. 
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2869 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:19:27 »
Huh? Do you mean 1K total for all the SSKs he sold? I'm pretty sure one of his NIB SSKs sold for like $250. I'm certain NONE of his non-industrial SSKs came anywhere near 1K.

hmm must have gotten numbers mixed up.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #2870 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:22:03 »
hmm must have gotten numbers mixed up.
Yeah, I think you did. Maybe you were thinking of the industrial SSKs he sold. I don't think any of his NIB SSKs even came near $500.
github

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #2871 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 16:30:06 »
Price check on : Keyset from a G80-1501HAD. Two tone beige. German layout. Windowed lock keycaps. Lots of shine. Not much yellowing.
github

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #2872 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 17:17:48 »
Price check on : Keyset from a G80-1501HAD. Two tone beige. German layout. Windowed lock keycaps. Lots of shine. Not much yellowing.

Free to 15€ max I would say - really common, and shine won't help.

Maybe sell the windowed caps seperately.

Offline aiannone

« Reply #2873 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 19:37:47 »
So for the SSK... wide range of options here, everywhere from $200 to $600 it seems. Do you guys think NIB is worth more or less than refurbished / bolt modded? $450 is a fair price?

Other than EBAY, suggestions for a good place to sell / list?

The next keyboard I am considering selling is an IBM M13. It is in excellent condition and very clean. The only defect that I can find is a scratch near the top right of the keyboard. When I got the keyboard, the right trackpoint button was not functional; I repaired it using a silver based trace repair solution. Both trackpoint buttons now work properly. This was my daily driver until recently - I lucked into a very reasonably priced brand new 1994 Lexmark manufactured M13 that I am typing on now. I've attached some photos of the M13 - thoughts on value / fair selling price?

Thanks again!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2874 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 16:07:53 »
I have a WASD V1 I would like to sell to a friend. What do these normally sell for? If you ignored the keycaps, what would it be worth?

Alternatively, what's a rosewill go for these days used? I wasn't able ti find much info by searching 'cause everyone removed the price once it's sold.

Offline zippox

« Reply #2875 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 17:06:06 »
How much for the keycaps from this? They seem to be double/triple shot ABS and if I am not mistaken can also fit a topre keyboard. (I'll try to find my keycap puller soon to show pictures of the keycaps removed.

Show Image

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Any chance you could pull that apart and show us the PCB?

How much for the keycaps from this? They seem to be double/triple shot ABS and if I am not mistaken can also fit a topre keyboard. (I'll try to find my keycap puller soon to show pictures of the keycaps removed.

Show Image

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Any chance you could pull that apart and show us the PCB?

I pulled the caps off of it and hucked the rest. I sold them for 20 + shipping to a forum member.

Offline zippox

« Reply #2876 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 17:11:19 »
As for the value, well, do they fit on topre? That will determine whether they are worth something or zero. If yes, I'd say maybe $40ish? They are a cool novelty but since there would be severe profile mismatches, you probably wouldn't get a lot more than that. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Yep they do fit topre.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #2877 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 17:13:29 »
As for the value, well, do they fit on topre? That will determine whether they are worth something or zero. If yes, I'd say maybe $40ish? They are a cool novelty but since there would be severe profile mismatches, you probably wouldn't get a lot more than that. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Yep they do fit topre.

I saw that. Looks cool. I would still say $40, maybe as high as $50, but I don't see them going much higher than that since incomplete set and profile mismatches. Second opinions welcome.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2878 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 17:21:15 »

Yep they do fit topre.

I saw that. Looks cool. I would still say $40, maybe as high as $50, but I don't see them going much higher than that since incomplete set and profile mismatches. Second opinions welcome.

I paid $25 for mine. I put them on yesterday and they're effectively unusable given the huge difference in profiles. Nice caps, but I wouldn't recommend them at all unless you can somehow cobble together a complete set including mods, and I don't think you can.

Offline zippox

« Reply #2879 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 17:27:19 »

Yep they do fit topre.

I paid $25 for mine. I put them on yesterday and they're effectively unusable given the huge difference in profiles. Nice caps, but I wouldn't recommend them at all unless you can somehow cobble together a complete set including mods, and I don't think you can.

Ah, I was hoping they would work better for you. I bet they look cool though!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #2880 on: Wed, 23 April 2014, 20:20:11 »

Yep they do fit topre.

Ah, I was hoping they would work better for you. I bet they look cool though!

They definitely do! I don't regret the buy at all, but I wouldn't buy them again ;) (if that makes sense)

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #2881 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 10:57:48 »
Das keyboard I'm thinking about picking up. Cherry blue. This guy says he's been using it for 1 month but he bought it from a second hand store and it was probably built and used since 2012. Forgive me if you know the guy who is selling. He's selling for 55+- I'm looking at about 1 - 1 1/2 hour drive one way. I've posted just the links of larger pic for larger shots and less clutter.

http://s14.postimg.org/bbekiuqap/image.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/6a76hhiu5/

http://s14.postimg.org/ekxl323s1/image.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts :)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2882 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 11:31:31 »
The DAS Keyboard you posted is the new version that wasn't manufactured by Costar.

This one was produced by iOne in China - they are known for ****ty quality.

All the good things you read about DAS refer to the Costar One. If you don't need the numpad you could look for a brandnew Quickfire Rapid for ~60$!

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #2883 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 11:36:32 »
The DAS Keyboard you posted is the new version that wasn't manufactured by Costar.

All the good things you read about DAS refer to the Costar One. If you don't need the numpad you could look for a brandnew Quickfire Rapid for ~60$!

TY :) I'm using a QFR now and I like it. I'm just looking for something with blues. I wasn't aware of the non costar usage in the in Das thanks.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #2884 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 12:05:32 »

IIRC it was confirmed that the Das III Pro was *not* manufactured by iOne, but the reputation dropped anyway.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2885 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 12:11:30 »
Well, the new version has Cherry Stabs instead of Costar Stabs. Maybe it wasn't manufactured by iOne, but it wasn't manufactured by Costar either ;)

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #2886 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 12:32:41 »
That's not necessarily bad..
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #2887 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 16:05:05 »
Price check on G80-1800HFU?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2888 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 16:06:56 »

That used one on ebay?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #2889 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 16:07:06 »
Condition?
github

Offline intelli78

« Reply #2890 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 16:10:01 »
Sorry, no, not talking about a specific unit, just trying to get a sense of the market.

Also, ANSI.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2891 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 16:11:39 »

That used one on ebay?

Did you ever get that 1800 from Beverly?

Offline telepete

• Jedi Knight and friend of Captain Solo.
« Reply #2892 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 16:56:05 »
What's it worth?

TG3 Keycaps for backlit TG3/Deck (do people with the fugly Deck font still buy these?)

CCnG (Base set + Tsangan Kit)

Hashbaz RGBY & MBC RGBY

Sanctuary set (base set + Tsangan kit)

MOBA QWER kit

Thanks in advance!
Don't you wish Carnifex was at your side?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2893 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 17:05:34 »

That used one on ebay?

Did you ever get that 1800 from Beverly?

She never responded, and I figured that a leeku 1800 pcb would be better for me than the old 2kro 1800s

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2894 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 18:38:55 »
What's it worth?

TG3 Keycaps for backlit TG3/Deck (do people with the fugly Deck font still buy these?)

CCnG (Base set + Tsangan Kit)

Hashbaz RGBY & MBC RGBY

Sanctuary set (base set + Tsangan kit)

MOBA QWER kit

Thanks in advance!

Condition? 

Remember, value is always contingent upon condition, shine, and so on.

Offline telepete

« Reply #2895 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 18:45:56 »
Everything is completely new and unused.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #2896 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 18:46:51 »
Everything is completely new and unused.

if its new then retail price for all

Offline telepete

« Reply #2897 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 18:57:06 »
Thanks for the reply. I can't recall what I paid for everything (and things like the TG3 caps don't have a retail price). Could you give me a ballpark figure of what to expect for this stuff?

Offline avtar

« Reply #2898 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 19:43:42 »
Hi hi. How much are keycaps from a Realforce 104Pro 10th Anniversary Edition worth? The spacebar has some shine. I'll take a picture soon. Here's a pic that isn't mine of dorkvader's:

« Last Edit: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:37:31 by avtar »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2899 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 20:30:58 »
Hi hi. How much are keycaps from a Realforce 104Pro 10th Anniversary Edition worth? The spacebar has some shine. I'll take a picture soon. Here's a pic that isn't mine:

Show Image

I know for a fact that the owner licensed that picture as a CC-BY.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dork_vader/sets/72157642361894514/