Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2394812 times)

Offline Z3us_

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #3550 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 02:14:31 »
How much these 2 Topre keycaps sets are worth?
Show Image

Show Image

Gimme gimme gimme! :D

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3551 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 11:07:26 »
I bought these clacks back in 2012, I haven't been on geekhack since then but I am not that interested in custom keycaps anymore and these are just sitting in my desk drawer so I figured I should sell them, but I have no clue what I'd get for them.

I believe the pink is "octopink" but it is slightly faded due to light exposure
The green is mint gum/mint green I think
The grey I am unsure of, it was included as a third extra key with no specific name
They also came in a nice little string draw sack

Show Image

The Clack valuation thread is the best place to ask.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3552 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 11:07:26 »
derp

Offline divinty

« Reply #3553 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 11:10:36 »
The Clack valuation thread is the best place to ask.

Thanks, could a moderator delete my post?

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #3554 on: Fri, 01 August 2014, 14:15:48 »
How much could I get for this keyboard?

It's a Filco MJ2 TKL with custom paint, MX clear spacebar, and MX browns everywhere else. Billiard caps on the function keys and a custom WASD escape key. I don't know for sure if I have the original function and escape caps, but for the purposes of valuation, assume I don't. Original box included.

Thanks.

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #3555 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 12:16:01 »
how much for this set of thick Dyesubs? Thanks!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3556 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 13:46:12 »

Show Image

What would they fit on?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #3557 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 13:52:17 »
they're mx compatible
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline skuko

« Reply #3558 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:20:35 »
i know it's not about price gouging, but may i ask how long it takes to approve a sale thread around here please? it's been more than 24 hours since i submitted and i got no feedback from the mods, nor an approval, so i don't even know if something's wrong with my submission :X

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3559 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:29:21 »
i know it's not about price gouging, but may i ask how long it takes to approve a sale thread around here please? it's been more than 24 hours since i submitted and i got no feedback from the mods, nor an approval, so i don't even know if something's wrong with my submission :X

I can't see a thread from you that's awaiting approval.  If it gets to be too long, you can always PM a moderator that's online.  That will bring it to our immediate attention and it will be dealt with much quicker.

And speaking generally, if you're awaiting approval for quite some time, you might want to review the classifieds rules.  That's (obviously) most likely the reason.  Be sure to include the proper photos and a price, and it's usually super quick.

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #3560 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:34:54 »

Show Image

What would they fit on?

I hope I can link here:

http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/triumph-adler-typewriters-typewriters-typewriters-t8466.html

I want to sell some, but I do not know how much  .. caps are thick and beautyful  :D

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #3561 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:44:26 »
How much could I get for this keyboard?

Show Image

It's a Filco MJ2 TKL with custom paint, MX clear spacebar, and MX browns everywhere else. Billiard caps on the function keys and a custom WASD escape key. I don't know for sure if I have the original function and escape caps, but for the purposes of valuation, assume I don't. Original box included.

Thanks.

I can not say exactly, since I am not sure what people would be willing to spend extra for the custom paint. I recently sold a Cherry MX brown MJ2. Used but in perfect condition, including a PBT keycaps set, and with a custom cable. Put it for sale for 130 dollar and sold it in the first day. I would say this could sell for anything from $110 to $150 if it is in perfect condition and there are no signs of wear. When selling I would also point out the custom cable that you seem to have on there. It is likely that you will sell it to someone who likes the fact that you did some custom work to the keyboard, so it seems worth it to point out.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 August 2014, 14:50:05 by Grim Fandango »
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline skuko

« Reply #3562 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:09:26 »

I can't see a thread from you that's awaiting approval.  If it gets to be too long, you can always PM a moderator that's online.  That will bring it to our immediate attention and it will be dealt with much quicker.

And speaking generally, if you're awaiting approval for quite some time, you might want to review the classifieds rules.  That's (obviously) most likely the reason.  Be sure to include the proper photos and a price, and it's usually super quick.

ok, maybe it got lost, because it took quite some time to add with all the attachments. will try to resubmit tomorrow.

Offline TheMark

« Reply #3563 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:29:07 »
Is this Logitech trackman marble worth anything? Its been sitting unused in my closet for the past 10years.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3564 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:31:53 »
Is this Logitech trackman marble worth anything? Its been sitting unused in my closet for the past 10years.
Show Image

They go for around $25 on eBay. I personally love the original Trackman Marble.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3565 on: Tue, 05 August 2014, 16:36:34 »

Show Image

$40-50. Even though they are super nice keycaps, they don't really fit on anything 100% and the missing keys for modern boards in anything that remotely matches is a PITA to put together.

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #3566 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 02:54:11 »
Ivan.. many thanks for your help  :thumb:

Offline Prelim

« Reply #3567 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 13:17:00 »
Hi,

I have a G80-11900 New-in-box (ISO layout DE) that I'm interested to sell, how much it worth?

thanks in advance  :thumb:
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline V1ral

« Reply #3568 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 13:23:10 »
What would be a good asking price for a Pure Pro with MX blues and orange LEDs, used for a day, then boxed back in original packaging and shelved for nearly a year? In case I ever get off my lazy butt, take some pics of it, and post it up in classifieds.  .___.;

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3569 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 13:48:07 »
Hi,

I have a G80-11900 New-in-box (ISO layout DE) that I'm interested to sell, how much it worth?

Show Image

thanks in advance  :thumb:
There isn't much interest in these, unfortunately. I'd say a bit less than new a G80-3000, i.e. say €40, and hope.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #3570 on: Wed, 06 August 2014, 14:05:42 »
thanks, I'll ask 35€  :thumb:
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #3571 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 06:40:57 »
I don't see that selling for 35€, they go often for as cheap as 15€ over at DT and ebay.de
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Danny356

« Reply #3572 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 18:53:46 »
sticky says 25 posts and 2 months to start a thread in classified, but i still seem unable to start a thread

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #3573 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 18:57:38 »
sticky says 25 posts and 2 months to start a thread in classified, but i still seem unable to start a thread
Prob have to wait for approval, that is necessary on classifieds posts now afaik.

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #3574 on: Thu, 07 August 2014, 23:31:53 »
DEC LK46W-A2 keyboard NIB

73712-0

Unfortunately only rubber dome, but the price seems to vary from $70 to $230, and nothing comes up on ebay.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline Danny356

« Reply #3575 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 00:12:37 »
Prob have to wait for approval, that is necessary on classifieds posts now afaik.
odd, i mean if you look at my post history ive already made sales and purchases in classified already. I'm assuming new policy?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3576 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 00:34:05 »
odd, i mean if you look at my post history ive already made sales and purchases in classified already. I'm assuming new policy?

It's not an approval issue -- I'm not seeing any threads by you waiting to be approved. It appears to be affecting other users as well. I'll talk to the admins and see if something has changed in the backend that's causing this to be an issue.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Danny356

« Reply #3577 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 16:24:57 »
^ sounds good ty

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3578 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 18:42:24 »
It appears to be affecting other users as well.

Often a problem for me.

I tried to list a keyboard around noon a few days ago. After supper that evening, it was still not approved, although numerous others had been. I gave up and put it up on ebay, where it sold in about 4 hours after 8 views.

If there is some silly technicality, such as the lack of some sort of ID paper in the item photo, or a missing [FS] tag at the beginning of the title, it would be better if a moderator would send a message to that effect.

It has been my experience that, at best, a moderator might leave a note in the thread (still not approved) itself, or, more often, simply ignore it altogether.

It feels like a seller is "guilty until proven innocent" in the current setup.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3579 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 19:26:49 »
I want to know how much this silver Hammer case is.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3580 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 22:01:48 »
What would a good condition (read: case is in great shape, but space bar is somewhat yellowed) M0116 with salmon ALPS be worth with an included stock ADB cable be worth?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #3581 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 22:05:58 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I bought and sold mine (titanium-color anodized, not silver) for $215.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3582 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 22:07:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

It was $175 + shipping in the group buy.  Some are nice and eat the shipping cost, others sell it at $200-215 + shipping, assuming like new condition with no scratches, dings, dents, or other defects.

What would a good condition (read: case is in great shape, but space bar is somewhat yellowed) M0116 with salmon ALPS be worth with an included stock ADB cable be worth?

$20-40.  It really depends on the day and if someone is willing to pay the higher price.  I've seen tons of good ones go on eBay for $20-30.  That and Salmon Alps aren't as good as Orange Alps supposedly, so I would say toward the lower end of the spectrum.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3583 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 22:18:44 »
Thanks riot and nubb. :)

I was going to consider selling it for 185 then. I'll eat some of the shopping cost. I also might trade it.

There are no blemishes on it. Practically perfect condition.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3584 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 22:21:20 »
It's a fantastic case and I know many others, myself included, would love to have it.  You'll have no problem selling it or trading it, especially at $185 + shipping.

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #3585 on: Fri, 08 August 2014, 22:44:05 »

$20-40.  It really depends on the day and if someone is willing to pay the higher price.  I've seen tons of good ones go on eBay for $20-30.  That and Salmon Alps aren't as good as Orange Alps supposedly, so I would say toward the lower end of the spectrum.
Huh, weird. I thought the salmon were preferable. I guess it's all opinion, eh?

Thanks for the response. I'll put my feelers out on it perhaps.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3586 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 08:32:44 »

Huh, weird. I thought the salmon were preferable. I guess it's all opinion, eh?

There are wide variations of opinion. Orange are older, which is theoretically better because of sturdier internals, but Alps do age unevenly.

There is very little difference in feel. I had a hard time choosing between 2 AEKs on which to keep for my "permanent collection".

An original ADB cable is a plus, although they are an ugly color and coiled, just because they are hard to find.
The small board is a minus because a switch harvester will get a smaller harvest!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #3587 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 16:56:26 »
Hey guys.  How much do topre fn caps go for?  binge or cc, or even new bb ones.  In particular oktobrefest/drunken ones :)
Hi :)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3588 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 17:12:22 »
see: clack valuation thread
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #3589 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 17:15:45 »
see: clack valuation thread

Eh, I am looking at the oktoberfest, but any fn.  I know they range, just a range would be nice to know for the lower end. 
Hi :)

Offline b7ad

• ゆめうつつ
    • mechblog
« Reply #3590 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 12:27:31 »
How much is the Pure Limited with the aluminium silver case worth?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #3591 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 12:32:39 »
Poker X with poker steel plate modded with red LEDs including WASD keys.  There are a mix of MX White, Blue, and Red switches on it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3592 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 22:38:06 »
Hey guys.  How much do topre fn caps go for?  binge or cc, or even new bb ones.  In particular oktobrefest/drunken ones :)

The binge's go straight to me, thanks.  ;)

Offline DubbTom

« Reply #3593 on: Sun, 10 August 2014, 23:55:23 »
Perfect condition Kinesis Advantage, no manual and don't have the plastic wrap it came in (have both inner and outer boxes though). How much do they usually go for around here and would it be unreasonable to try and trade for an hhkb.

74087-074089-1
poker II

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3594 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 05:29:30 »
I sold mine for €200 locally (Central Europe). Kinesis Advantage isn't available here, only about €300 + shipping within EU.

If you're in the US, the equivalent is $200, but advantages are much more common there, hence I think a bit less...

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #3595 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 08:05:42 »
I'd like to know what a mint condition WoB cherry 1800 winkeyless layout set of key caps is worth.

And also, if anyone knows, what does a Cherry g80-1824 (or caps only) generally go for?

Thanks yo. xxx

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #3596 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 08:06:59 »
Easily $50+ for WoBs.

1824.. No idea. Really not easy to come by.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #3597 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 08:31:45 »
My girldc caps.......anyone has any idea?  :-X

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Time
« Reply #3598 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 15:00:10 »
Might be parting with some keyboards when I get back from my internship to save up for a stupidly expensive gaming laptop..

I have:
LZ-GH black
356pad Titanium

Possibles: (valuation is shaky)
356cl DGE
Mochi Blank CC
BMX CC (mx)

How much would these run these days? Or has the korean custom craze died out. (It's been like 5 months since I've been connected)
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 August 2014, 15:12:28 by Meiosis »
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3599 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 15:13:51 »
Might be parting with some keyboards when I get back from my internship to save up for a stupidly expensive gaming laptop..

I have:
LZ-GH black
356pad Titanium
356cl DGE
Mochi Blank CC
BMX CC (mx) red/yellow on blue

How much would these run these days? Or has the korean custom craze died out. (It's been like 5 months since I've been connected)

They're still quite pricey.  I'd say minimum of $450 each for the keyboards, probably more for the 356, but I'm not current on Korean custom prices.

For the clacks, there's a clack valuation thread.  A pic of the BMX might help.  And if you want to sell Mochi at cost, I'm here :)