Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2395032 times)

Offline doublin

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #3950 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 05:26:41 »
How much would a 2 month old black HHKB dental modded and lubed worth? I bought it from Amazon JP since the shipping cost is cheaper. There's a classified thread here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=64960.0 I'm surprise that the poster is actually having trouble selling it even when the price is $210 at the moment, so I guess I'll have to ask the price of HHKB nowadays. Thanks.

Just to add something regarding the condition of the HHKB. There's some scratch nearby the mini usb port that is only visible if you shed some light on that area. The most important thing is probably the scratch on the top part of the HHKB case which happened when I start using the Bird Electron roof case( I already use the rubber sheet given and there's still a scratch).
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 November 2014, 05:32:51 by doublin »

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #3951 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:20:50 »
What should 122-Key Model F keyboards be going for nowadays? Is $135 on the high side? (Plus $45 for shipping, but that's pretty much unavoidable).
Acer KB-101A with Blue Alps | HHKB Pro 2 | '85 122 Key IBM Model F | '86 1390131 "Silver Label" Model M | AEK M0115 with Orange Alps | Focus FK-2001 White Alps | Chicony 5181 with SMK "Monterey Blue" Switches | Dell AT101W | Unicomp "Ultra Classic" | Razer Blackwidow 2013

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3952 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 18:26:59 »
What should 122-Key Model F keyboards be going for nowadays? Is $135 on the high side? (Plus $45 for shipping, but that's pretty much unavoidable).

A little, but not too bad, especially if the case is intact.

Prices bounce around from $75 to $175 so I never know what to tell people.

And shipping to Canada is $35 more than domestic from the US (not including customs).
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #3953 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 20:24:38 »

A little, but not too bad, especially if the case is intact.

Prices bounce around from $75 to $175 so I never know what to tell people.

And shipping to Canada is $35 more than domestic from the US (not including customs).

The board actually seems to have some cracking. It look superficial but they're there. The thing is that the guy is offering a prebuilt and set up soarer converter for another $40, which as far as I can tell are only sold by one guy and for that exact price (plus more shipping) and he's sold out. I definitely would not feel confident to make my own, but this brings the price to $220 including that and shipping for a guaranteed working board, but one which is noticeably cracked.

I am genuinely on the fence about this.

http://i.imgur.com/3ljZIIU.jpg
Acer KB-101A with Blue Alps | HHKB Pro 2 | '85 122 Key IBM Model F | '86 1390131 "Silver Label" Model M | AEK M0115 with Orange Alps | Focus FK-2001 White Alps | Chicony 5181 with SMK "Monterey Blue" Switches | Dell AT101W | Unicomp "Ultra Classic" | Razer Blackwidow 2013

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3954 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 21:42:01 »

The board actually seems to have some cracking. It look superficial but they're there. The thing is that the guy is offering a prebuilt and set up soarer converter for another $40, which as far as I can tell are only sold by one guy and for that exact price (plus more shipping) and he's sold out. I definitely would not feel confident to make my own, but this brings the price to $220 including that and shipping for a guaranteed working board, but one which is noticeably cracked.

I am genuinely on the fence about this.

http://i.imgur.com/3ljZIIU.jpg

Hairline surface "cracks" aka crazing or checking is no big deal, they all have it to some degree. I was talking about corners or places where the case was broken through and flapping in the breeze. The one in the photo seems very nice.

Shipping from Norway or wherever would be onerous. People sell them in Canada from time to time.

Orihalcon's cables work well, although I do not know the capabilities compared to a full Soarer's / Teensy.

These comments are not germaine or helpful to your decision, I am sorry.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3955 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 12:00:26 »
How much would a 2 month old black HHKB dental modded and lubed worth? I bought it from Amazon JP since the shipping cost is cheaper. There's a classified thread here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=64960.0 I'm surprise that the poster is actually having trouble selling it even when the price is $210 at the moment, so I guess I'll have to ask the price of HHKB nowadays. Thanks.

Just to add something regarding the condition of the HHKB. There's some scratch nearby the mini usb port that is only visible if you shed some light on that area. The most important thing is probably the scratch on the top part of the HHKB case which happened when I start using the Bird Electron roof case( I already use the rubber sheet given and there's still a scratch).

I've seen people sell it here for $180-$200 Shipped as well and it tends to sell at that price although I would suggest waiting until the EK sale is done as they are being sold new for $235. I do agree that it is hard to sell since Rayne has been selling it for a few days now.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3956 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 16:09:34 »
Price check on a lexmark wheelwriter. I picked up 4 at the thrift store--I assume the caps are the only valuable part cause it'd be really expensive to ship the whole thing.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3957 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 16:36:03 »
Price check on a lexmark wheelwriter. I picked up 4 at the thrift store--I assume the caps are the only valuable part cause it'd be really expensive to ship the whole thing.

If they are like mine they are mostly silly sub-legends but the 1-piece keys are solid. I tried to sell them once but got no takers.

"Code" and "Word" keys are probably the ones you could get a few extra bucks for.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3958 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 16:38:41 »

If they are like mine they are mostly silly sub-legends but the 1-piece keys are solid. I tried to sell them once but got no takers.

"Code" and "Word" keys are probably the ones you could get a few extra bucks for.

Alright, thanks.

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #3959 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 19:11:05 »
What is a Model M 52G9658 worth, full set of blank keys and full original set. Super clean and bolt modded.
eh o well

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3960 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 20:39:23 »
What is a Model M 52G9658 worth, full set of blank keys and full original set. Super clean and bolt modded.

Really hard to say. Model M prices are all over the board, and bolt-modded is even more random.

You will do better selling a 2nd set of keys separately.

Offline jackalope

« Reply #3961 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 21:02:09 »

Really hard to say. Model M prices are all over the board, and bolt-modded is even more random.

Sorry, I should have specified that I just bought this board with the extra set of keys for $55 incl shipping and was wondering if it was a good deal as this was kind of an impulse buy.
eh o well

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3962 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 21:10:41 »

Sorry, I should have specified that I just bought this board with the extra set of keys for $55 incl shipping and was wondering if it was a good deal as this was kind of an impulse buy.

I've sold 52Gs for $60+shipping on eBay before, and that's without a second set of keys, and not bolt modded. Granted, they took a little while to sell, but if someone wants one bad enough and the good deals have been snatched up already, they're willing to pay that much I guess.

Considering the bolt modding and extra cap set I'd say you did very well.

Offline jackalope

« Reply #3963 on: Sat, 08 November 2014, 21:26:50 »

I've sold 52Gs for $60+shipping on eBay before, and that's without a second set of keys, and not bolt modded. Granted, they took a little while to sell, but if someone wants one bad enough and the good deals have been snatched up already, they're willing to pay that much I guess.

Thank you very much for your reassuring answer.
eh o well

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3964 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 09:09:24 »

Yes, you got an excellent bargain.

Unicomp sells a blank set of caps for $20 + shipping and a printed set for $30 + shipping.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #3965 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 12:59:09 »
160 usd for b87 winkeyless assembled? Winkeyless layout(86 keys) Black switches modded with 67g gold springs lubed and stickered. Case colour(from top to btm): transparent, black, frosty, frosty and clear legs? No caps included.

Edit: with soldered resistors for every switch alongside soldered led for caps and scroll lock. Stepped caps too,
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 November 2014, 13:00:46 by zennasyndroxx »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • snoozing
« Reply #3966 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 13:06:34 »
160 usd for b87 winkeyless assembled? Winkeyless layout(86 keys) Black switches modded with 67g gold springs lubed and stickered. Case colour(from top to btm): transparent, black, frosty, frosty and clear legs? No caps included.

Edit: with soldered resistors for every switch alongside soldered led for caps and scroll lock. Stepped caps too,
That's a really good price actually
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #3967 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 13:09:10 »

Thank you :D but not 160 shipped though. I'll post up a thread tomorrow in classifieds. Gonna sell this and buy another board :l

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3968 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 14:56:39 »

Thank you :D but not 160 shipped though. I'll post up a thread tomorrow in classifieds. Gonna sell this and buy another board :l
Imo I think you can charge around 200 for it and it still would be a fair price
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 November 2014, 16:01:15 by Signature »

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #3969 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 15:48:29 »

If they are like mine they are mostly silly sub-legends but the 1-piece keys are solid. I tried to sell them once but got no takers. "Code" and "Word" keys are probably the ones you could get a few extra bucks for.

The “code” keys and spacebars are awesome! If you’re willing to sacrifice your right Alt key on a bolt-modded Model M, or an F-122, Unsaver, Kishsaver or other 4704 board, etc., then you can get a much nicer and easier to hit left Alt key. It’s almost like having a split spacebar.

Also, the code keys are really thick plastic, and have a great shape. I highly recommend them.

Even better, once people start making custom-layout Model Fs (i.e. custom waterjet & curved plate(s) + custom PCB(s) + capsense controller(s)), the wheelwriter code keys are a really great shape for spacebars.

Even if you can’t sell them now, please hold on to them.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #3970 on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 20:18:49 »
Not keyboard related, but how much is a evga 780ti kingpin (03G-P4-3887-KR)?  lightly used for about 4 month, included all accessory, original box, and  3 years warranty (not sure it is 3 years or 5 years).

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3971 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 07:02:08 »
Not keyboard related, but how much is a evga 780ti kingpin (03G-P4-3887-KR)?  lightly used for about 4 month, included all accessory, original box, and  3 years warranty (not sure it is 3 years or 5 years).
500-600 I think

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3972 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 08:33:51 »
500-600 I think

I think that's probably a little high unless there's something I'm missing... 980s are going for $500-$600 new.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3973 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 11:35:20 »
LZ Skin with 1800 layout. I can't find my invoice or what I paid for it in the group buy. Just want to price it correctly at what it cost.
bump
anybody?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3974 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 11:40:08 »
LZ Skin with 1800 layout. I can't find my invoice or what I paid for it in the group buy. Just want to price it correctly at what it cost.
bump
anybody?

maybe PM a mod to see if they can access the now deleted LZ thread that probably had pricing information in it

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3975 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 11:41:56 »
bump
anybody?

maybe PM a mod to see if they can access the now deleted LZ thread that probably had pricing information in it

I'll check that right now.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #3976 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 11:42:58 »
500-600 I think

I think that's probably a little high unless there's something I'm missing... 980s are going for $500-$600 new.

$500 is the lowest I'd go for, the card is Ti and Kingpin edition. Regular 980s are weaker than this..
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3977 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 11:54:41 »
500-600 I think

$500 is the lowest I'd go for, the card is Ti and Kingpin edition. Regular 980s are weaker than this..
yeah and it's going for 700 at newegg atm so I would consider it a fair price

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #3978 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 14:48:32 »
OTD red alert 2.0 + 2.1

Looking to trade for it, and want to know how valuable it is so I know how much to offer.
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3979 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 14:50:03 »
OTD red alert 2.0 + 2.1

Looking to trade for it, and want to know how valuable it is so I know how much to offer.

jcrouse sold his for $200 http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50991.0

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3980 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 14:53:57 »

OTD red alert 2.0 + 2.1

Paid $215 for mine. Couple years ago.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Elocutive

« Reply #3981 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 14:56:56 »

OTD red alert 2.0 + 2.1

Paid $215 for mine. Couple years ago.
So.. Do you think the price has gone up now?
LZCE- Black, red, ergo clears

Wanting Skeldon

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3982 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 16:12:32 »
bump
anybody?

I'll check that right now.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3983 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 16:14:27 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2015, 09:47:54 by esoomenona »

Offline shrap

« Reply #3984 on: Tue, 11 November 2014, 23:56:42 »
How much would a LNIB Northgate Omnikey Evolution with the touchpad be worth? They're rare, can't find them on eBay, but that doesn't necessarily translate to valuable.

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #3985 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 12:47:27 »
How much do keyboards with green,white,orange and pink alps usually cost? I want to pick up a vintage one but can't find one anywhere.

Thanks guys

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3986 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 14:32:39 »
How much do keyboards with green,white,orange and pink alps usually cost?

green - $$$$ very hard to find (Zenith)
white - $$ complicated (Northgate, old Focus) to $ simplified
orange - $$ or maybe $ if you are lucky (old Apple)
pink - $$ no different from orange in my opinion

but why aren't you looking for blue and be done with it?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3987 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 16:08:33 »
How much do keyboards with green,white,orange and pink alps usually cost?

green - $$$$ very hard to find (Zenith)
white - $$ complicated (Northgate, old Focus) to $ simplified
orange - $$ or maybe $ if you are lucky (old Apple)
pink - $$ no different from orange in my opinion

but why aren't you looking for blue and be done with it?

Click modded Orange > Blue

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #3988 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 22:01:17 »
How much is a Model F AT? Is it around the same price as a CM Novatouch?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3989 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 22:14:21 »

Around $150, depending on condition. Not sure what a Novatouch runs.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3990 on: Thu, 13 November 2014, 22:25:02 »
A 6x8, 7x8, or 8x8 matrix keyboard. The 8 refers to rows (height) and the 6, 7, 8 refer to columns. There must be no gaps between keys.

It's really hard to find these although I've had my eye on several POS keyboard makers for months by now.

Am just keen on hearing people's input. Ebay's offerings are meager and whenever something like Genovation shows up the price is really high. (Not to mention Genovation's are 6 rows and 8 columns). Maybe someone can direct me to a secondhand liquidator who stocks these things.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #3991 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 02:17:23 »
White Blank Keycaps  HHKB Pro 2 with stock controller/hasu controller.

60% Sprit FaceW with MX Clear 60g springs White LEDs and Aluminum Case. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=53618.msg1534316#msg1534316

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #3992 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 18:40:26 »
US

Around $150, depending on condition. Not sure what a Novatouch runs.

Hmm thanks. Do you know how much the Model F 122 Key costs?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3993 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 21:31:00 »

They are all over the board.

With luck and patience, you can stumble on one for $100 or less, but $150+ is more realistic.

The last batch on ebay were selling in the $125-135 + shipping range, if I remember correctly.

Still quite a bargain considering their rarity and flexibility.

Offline RoflCopter4

« Reply #3994 on: Sat, 15 November 2014, 22:40:22 »

They are all over the board.

With luck and patience, you can stumble on one for $100 or less, but $150+ is more realistic.

The last batch on ebay were selling in the $125-135 + shipping range, if I remember correctly.

Still quite a bargain considering their rarity and flexibility.

And its a pretty big and heavy board, so unless you were lucky enough to be born in the arbitrarily defined region we call USA, shipping will not be cheap.

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #3995 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 22:23:37 »
How much should I be paying for a Model F 4704 107-key in "meh" shape?
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3996 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:26:16 »

I sold all the ones out of my batch for $150 shipped. Elecplus found a whole bunch recently too, so I think the value dropped a little. Then again, I think there's going to be a batch of xwhatsit converters for something like $25 each soon, so that might make people willing to pay more for the keyboard itself since it's cheaper to get it up and running.

Offline Rotaku

• Too Based
« Reply #3997 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 23:46:43 »
How much is the nuclear data keyset going for right now? I missed out on the group buy, and i really want it.

Some guy on reddit tried it sell me his at like $130 and he stated "Well people are selling them on geekwhack for like $150, and some of them don't even have the extras I have" I know that is a complete lie, and i'm just wondering how much the base set + the radioactive mods are going for. Thanks!
Not toooo active on GH anymore, if you need me, shoot me a PM on Reddit! /u/IchibanXD

Offline koalapear

• Actually hates koalas.
« Reply #3998 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 00:06:45 »

I sold all the ones out of my batch for $150 shipped. Elecplus found a whole bunch recently too, so I think the value dropped a little. Then again, I think there's going to be a batch of xwhatsit converters for something like $25 each soon, so that might make people willing to pay more for the keyboard itself since it's cheaper to get it up and running.

Good to know! Thanks!
'91 Model M SSK | NerD 60 (MX Greens) | Realforce 87U 55g | Winkeyless B.87 (MX Greens) | Monarch Matias Custom | HHKB | Duck Octagon (67g Zealios)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #3999 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 09:31:11 »
How much is the nuclear data keyset going for right now? I missed out on the group buy, and i really want it.

Some guy on reddit tried it sell me his at like $130 and he stated "Well people are selling them on geekwhack for like $150, and some of them don't even have the extras I have" I know that is a complete lie, and i'm just wondering how much the base set + the radioactive mods are going for. Thanks!
Should be around 100$ + shipping afaik but depends on which keys he is including.