Author Topic: KMAC 2  (Read 70030 times)

Offline Kabuks

Re: KMAC 2
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 15:11:17 »
For those of you looking to pay through PayPal, Amazon, or Google because of our technical problem, then please send me an e-mail at sheraton@originativeco.com. I'll be glad to personally assist you.

Was just posted on their facebook page.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #351 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 15:54:48 »
interesting update

i just wish his checkout had any of those options

Offline FabsSpeed

« Reply #352 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 14:35:51 »
Any idea when these will be shipped?
| Wanted: KMAC  & KMAC 1.2, 356 Mini, 456 GT |

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #353 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 14:38:22 »
Soon™

Offline llovro

« Reply #354 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 04:23:03 »
Just to get this straight. Original kmac and kmac 1.2 have same case design (1.2 has blockers and harder anodization), while kmac 2 has completely new case design. Is it something like that?

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: Re: KMAC 2
« Reply #355 on: Sat, 30 March 2013, 07:08:17 »
Just to get this straight. Original kmac and kmac 1.2 have same case design (1.2 has blockers and harder anodization), while kmac 2 has completely new case design. Is it something like that?

Pretty much
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #356 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 11:50:57 »

Pretty much
Are there any significant improvements between the old design and the design of the KMAC 2?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
KMAC 2
« Reply #357 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 12:19:57 »
This has been asked numerous times..... Look around GH.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Leewei

« Reply #358 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 13:25:42 »
I would hold on before making any purchase. I paid for one over 4 weeks ago and haven't gotten a reply about it or updates on what is going on. Now I have spent 400 bucks and not even sure what happened to it. I have messaged sherryton on originative, geekhack several times and still no reply.
Filco Majestouch 2 Beige TKL with MX Reds
Qsenn dt-35

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #359 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 14:02:09 »
I would hold on before making any purchase. I paid for one over 4 weeks ago and haven't gotten a reply about it or updates on what is going on. Now I have spent 400 bucks and not even sure what happened to it. I have messaged sherryton on originative, geekhack several times and still no reply.

He has run away from the problem, hoping it would go away.

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 14:13:11 »
4 weeks no reply? 0,0

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #361 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 14:14:50 »
4 weeks no reply? 0,0

Also, last online: Sat, 30 March 2013, 15:25:54

Still hasn't bothered to update anyone.

Offline Leewei

« Reply #362 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 14:19:51 »

He has run away from the problem, hoping it would go away.
I don't mind waiting for it to be manufactured but I remember it mentioned it that there was a few kmacs in stock and that it would arrive 2-3 weeks after order. Currently the order has no updates and it is still pending. If there was just a reply that it will take longer for it to arrive or that there was some issues that need to be resolved, then I would be satisfied as I can understand that. But to place an order and send an e-mail/message every week with no reply is not right. I have seen replies to other people who made orders on keycap sets etc. If the kmacs aren't going to be produced or in stock then just take it down and refund the people who have made an order.
Qsenn dt-35

Offline Leewei

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 14:22:20 »
4 weeks no reply? 0,0
This coming Wednesday would make it 5 weeks now. I sent an e-mail out every week on originative site and geekhack for the first 3 weeks. Now I have given up and hope that there is some reply sometime soon.
Qsenn dt-35

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #364 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 15:08:45 »
This has been asked numerous times..... Look around GH.
I've already had a look around, and I am aware of the differences in anodising, case slant etc. what I can't find any information on is the plate mounting. I know that the kmac 2 has rectangular areas for the screws which stick out from the plate whereas the kmac 1 and 1.2 have circular areas.. Does this yield any benefits? I should have been moe specific, sorry.
github

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
KMAC 2
« Reply #365 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 15:46:10 »
The plates with two holes per lip is most likely better. But I don't expect anyone to experience any differences between them...lol did you?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #366 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 15:50:03 »
The plates with two holes per lip is most likely better. But I don't expect anyone to experience any differences between them...lol did you?
Unfortunately I've never used any kmac. I was just curious.
github

Offline llovro

« Reply #367 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 06:09:38 »

Pretty much
Are there any significant improvements between the old design and the design of the KMAC 2?
Kmac 1 and kmac 1.2 use old case with feet while kmac 2 has new design without feet (it has slope)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 21:26:24 »
4 weeks no reply? 0,0
This coming Wednesday would make it 5 weeks now. I sent an e-mail out every week on originative site and geekhack for the first 3 weeks. Now I have given up and hope that there is some reply sometime soon.

What did you pay with? Just do a chargeback to protect yourself. If sherryton really cares about it, then at the very least he can reply. He shouldn't hold money until he cleans up his act.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 21:35:37 »
Damn, this is rough.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 21:36:08 »
Damn, this is rough.

thats what she said

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #371 on: Mon, 01 April 2013, 21:46:20 »
Has he been active on the forums? this is kind of irresponsible when starting a new business.... If I ever buy stuff from him I would wait and see what others say about their experience with him.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline rurushu

« Reply #372 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 03:06:02 »
hmm.... im getting disappointed.....
and should i say im lucky enough to havent got anything from sherry yet?

because his stuffs are really rare and nice... just that.... the communication....  :-X

Offline llovro

« Reply #373 on: Tue, 02 April 2013, 11:31:31 »
If I will have enough money, I'm defo getting kmac 1.2. But I'm not sure if I should get LZ-GH or kmac 1.2...

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #374 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 11:26:26 »
If I will have enough money, I'm defo getting kmac 1.2. But I'm not sure if I should get LZ-GH or kmac 1.2...

Let me put your choice to rest.  You can't get an LZ-GH as they're sold out.  Maybe you'll see one in the classifieds, but that still won't be for a while.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #375 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 18:42:39 »
I was informed (I believe unintentionally) that the delays with KMAC are due to some shipments not having arrived from Korea. I can post the email I received from Sherry if you guys want confirmation.

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline Leewei

« Reply #376 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 18:52:19 »
Yes  please. I would like to know what is going on =)
Qsenn dt-35

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #377 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 19:05:52 »
This is what he literally sent me:
Dear [OJs name],

I am highly sorry.  I can cancel it to make it flat-rate (This was related to my order for something different).  The initial problem is because we are awaiting shipments from South Korea to finish packaging it.

Regards

I redacted my name and added the parentheses. I believe this email pertains to the KMAC2. I cannot prove this of course, but it would seem like a real possibility.

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline Leewei

« Reply #378 on: Sun, 07 April 2013, 20:07:14 »
This is what he literally sent me:
Dear [OJs name],

I am highly sorry.  I can cancel it to make it flat-rate (This was related to my order for something different).  The initial problem is because we are awaiting shipments from South Korea to finish packaging it.

Regards

I redacted my name and added the parentheses. I believe this email pertains to the KMAC2. I cannot prove this of course, but it would seem like a real possibility.

Cheers,

Thanks for sharing, really just hoping this comes through
Qsenn dt-35

Offline llovro

« Reply #379 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 06:06:49 »

Let me put your choice to rest.  You can't get an LZ-GH as they're sold out.  Maybe you'll see one in the classifieds, but that still won't be for a while.
There's someone selling a lz-gh in classifields ( I don't know how to spell this D:).

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #380 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 08:06:13 »
The LZGH is still in production, so if you do see one in classified they're selling their order. No one has the physical keyboard yet.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #381 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 08:06:47 »
The LZGH is still in production, so if you do see one in classified they're selling their order. No one has the physical keyboard yet.

I HAS ONE YO!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #382 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 08:07:44 »
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

Offline laden3

« Reply #383 on: Wed, 17 April 2013, 15:22:26 »
Anyone here received their KMAC 2 from sherryton? Last e-mail I got from him was on April 02, 2013 and he said that the KMAC 2s were on their way to alaric's house. Basically, this is what I got from the e-mail

It's shipping to alaric's house right now from South Korea.  I believe it arrives on Thursday.  If you like soldering services, then it will take about 2-3 more days.  If not, then he can ship it right away.

Regards

Sheraton

Anyone here care to share some info? I just want my stuffs I paid for.
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #384 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 17:11:36 »
Anyone here received their KMAC 2 from sherryton? Last e-mail I got from him was on April 02, 2013 and he said that the KMAC 2s were on their way to alaric's house. Basically, this is what I got from the e-mail

It's shipping to alaric's house right now from South Korea.  I believe it arrives on Thursday.  If you like soldering services, then it will take about 2-3 more days.  If not, then he can ship it right away.

Regards

Sheraton

The Sanctuary set GB fellas has been waiting for our keycaps since the end of March.

I've sent him multiple messages on FB, Twitter, emails and PM's and still haven't heard back.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 April 2013, 17:13:39 by megaforce93 »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Permeability

« Reply #385 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 18:05:03 »

Regards

Sheraton

The Sanctuary set GB fellas has been waiting for our keycaps since the end of March.

I've sent him multiple messages on FB, Twitter, emails and PM's and still haven't heard back.

Well he received the keys right before Christmas actually, so we've been waiting since then.
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline megaforce

« Reply #386 on: Thu, 18 April 2013, 18:17:44 »

Regards

Sheraton

Well he received the keys right before Christmas actually, so we've been waiting since then.

Wow... that's ****ing ridiculous.
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #387 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 19:07:01 »

Regards

Sheraton

Wow... that's ****ing ridiculous.

And why no matter how many cool things he gets to sell (KMAC Happy) I ain't buying from here.
Current: HHKB Pro 2, 87u 55g 10AE, FC600C, Model M 1391401

Offline clakdale661

« Reply #388 on: Wed, 24 April 2013, 01:00:13 »
Can we still order one of these keyboards? How many people actually already paid for this?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #389 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 02:03:59 »
If and whenever this goes through, if you guys are using the plates and don't need the standoffs for mounting PCB, please PM me. I need some of those.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 April 2013, 02:07:45 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline Left4K

« Reply #390 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 06:08:32 »
Sherryton, how much do you charge for a KMAC-2 with 4s & keycaps?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #391 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 14:22:27 »
Sherryton, how much do you charge for a KMAC-2 with 4s & keycaps?

I currently do not have any spare Cherry Stabilizers.

The total for 3s and caps will be depending on the keycaps you are getting.

Offline Left4K

« Reply #392 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 14:49:24 »
Thank you for the quick answer, Sherryton.
It's okay if you don't have them right now, I can wait :D
I had some blank dark red PBT keycaps in mind.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #393 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 15:00:53 »
Sorry for the bump, but are the blox now the same color as the case?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 18:22:25 »
Sorry for the bump, but are the blox now the same color as the case?

Yes.

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #395 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 19:02:38 »
1.2 KMAC... I don't know if this also comes in an unanodized version... would be great if it did. If not the Titanium totally works.

Also... does anybody know if the top deck and plate are interchangeable between the 1.2 and the 2?

Cheers,

K

Topre REALFORCE

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #396 on: Thu, 28 November 2013, 01:08:08 »
1.2 KMAC... I don't know if this also comes in an unanodized version... would be great if it did. If not the Titanium totally works.

Also... does anybody know if the top deck and plate are interchangeable between the 1.2 and the 2?

Cheers,

K

I actually believe this is possible.  I believe the 1 and 1.2 and 2 are all interchangeable on the top housing.