Author Topic: photo gallery page for IC/GB's  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Special K

photo gallery page for IC/GB's
« on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 11:30:23 »
Mods, feel free to delete this if it doesn't belong here; I tried posting it in the site feedback forum, but it didn't get any replies and I'm not sure how many people visit that forum unless they have a problem to report.

I like browsing the IC/GB pages to see what new keysets members have created, but it's very tedious and time-consuming to have to click forward and back through all of them.  What would be neat is a photo gallery that contained one image of the creator's choosing to showcase the set.  This could be a KLE screen capture for early-stage ideas, or a full 3D render for more fleshed out sets.

Users could then browse the gallery and click on an image to be taken directly to the IC/GB thread.  I'm not sure which photo sharing/hosting service would work best for this and any solution would require active work from a set's creator to make sure their set was showcased in the gallery, but this seems like it would make it much easier for users to browse available IC/GBs.
Filco FKBN104MC/EB
Filco FKBN104M/EB2
IBM Model M 1391401 - 11/13/87

Quote from: ripster
LOL - we're on post #163 of this mega-thread and you've gone from"keyboard n00b" to "keyboard sn0b".  We've done our job.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: photo gallery page for IC/GB's
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 12:23:31 »

Offline Special K

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 12:48:39 »
Like this?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57761.0

OK, I totally missed that.  I'm guessing it would be a lot more work to implement that for IC's given that there are far more IC's than GB's.  Even still, it's easier to browse by image for keysets and see if something catches your eye.
Filco FKBN104MC/EB
Filco FKBN104M/EB2
IBM Model M 1391401 - 11/13/87

Quote from: ripster
LOL - we're on post #163 of this mega-thread and you've gone from"keyboard n00b" to "keyboard sn0b".  We've done our job.

Offline japanitrat

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 14:04:27 »
Like this?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57761.0

OK, I totally missed that.  I'm guessing it would be a lot more work to implement that for IC's given that there are far more IC's than GB's.  Even still, it's easier to browse by image for keysets and see if something catches your eye.

I like the idea but it's also kind of hard to define when an IC is "dead" whereas GBs have an end (uhm, most of them ..). So the list would grow infinitely, no?