Author Topic: [IC] GMK Cosmos  (Read 21359 times)

Offline Kaptain Mike

• discord: kaptainmike
Re: [IC] GMK Cosmos
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 11 March 2024, 15:41:21 »
Reserved
Dinner for 2 please.

Really neat set! I'm curious though, why choose insert as one of the three accent keys?

Just like LightningX1 said :) I really like seeing a TKL with a single artisan or accent key to replace the Insert key instead of the more common Esc. By including it here I hope to introduce a whole lot more people to it.

Wished you could have a render that didn't look like CR on N9 but I'll buy this nonetheless.

I do understand your sentiment. I wish I had real samples of my design in hand but for now we have these renders and the other sample keys to help convey my idea. I appreciate everyone's imaginative flexibility and I hope you all see what my vision for this set is.

Very interested, GLWIC! Any chance of adding support for single macros column to macros kit?
Pls add an international kit.
Great design idea! Any chance of entertaining the idea of making a kit where all the alphas sparkly and the mods aren't? I think if it's on alphas instead of mods, then it'll look like you're peaking into space and your keyboard is the telescope :)
Pls add an international kit.
can we also get a blank 1u spacebars too
some novelties would be dope, maybe even in accent-style with the liquid black as primary color  :thumb:
regardless of that i think i'll be grabbing a set!
This looks so fun!
Can we get r0 and r5?

There is always a chance if there is enough demand. As long as you filled out the IC form found at the top of the post, I will be able to keep better track of demand. Thank you all for the support so far!

we are one step closer to gmk blanks

That was always the plan but then this idea took precedence. GMK CR on CR is next  :cool:

Offline FiEND

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 11 March 2024, 17:23:58 »
yes this is good i would buy it day one please make it happen

Offline whysoda

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 12 March 2024, 13:22:13 »
Who is this "whysoda" person you speak of? Never heard of them.

In all seriousness, so glad I was able to help you bring this to life! Fingers and toes crossed for the IC <3

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 12 March 2024, 22:52:02 »
I’m in 👍

Offline extrapriusplease

• All my links
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 13 March 2024, 11:10:21 »
Very hyped for this Mike! Looks great :cool:

Offline NightFox99

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 06:40:50 »
Would like to see ESFR kit (french and spanish) via EU vendor "Eloquent clicks". Thanks

Offline talltail

• Sen
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 09:03:25 »
Easy buy, so down.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 14 March 2024, 11:42:11 »
Ngl I’d prefer to say the base color and legend color swapped :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline monkeybread44

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 07:21:39 »

Offline Dmitri

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 09:44:47 »
Way to dark

Offline Kaptain Mike

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 11:19:33 »
Ngl I’d prefer to say the base color and legend color swapped :P

Maybe we just add some more accent keys  ;)

Show Image

That's what I'm talking about, these will be the best GMK "Blanks" ever ;) Thank you for your support!

Way to dark

This is not dark enough. The world world needs more dark, low contrast sets hehe Jokes aside, this is supposed to be a really dark set and I understand that this is not for everyone :thumb:

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 20 March 2024, 22:44:05 »
This set looks great - eager to pick this up

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 21 March 2024, 15:35:37 »
haven't been tempted by GMK in a while, but this is nice.

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 21 March 2024, 15:37:05 »
oh shoot really hope that macro kit makes it too!

Offline eufiewufie

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 22 March 2024, 14:11:35 »
love it

Offline Kaptain Mike

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 22 March 2024, 19:41:13 »
Feedback has been great and I wanted to thank everyone who filled out the form and shared GMK Cosmos with others. Looks like people really want to see more multicolor liquid black caps, among other things. I got you  :cool:

Offline cthalupa

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 24 March 2024, 15:37:18 »
Feedback has been great and I wanted to thank everyone who filled out the form and shared GMK Cosmos with others. Looks like people really want to see more multicolor liquid black caps, among other things. I got you  :cool:
Naisu. Looking forward to it!

Offline Exquite

• GeekAnubis
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 24 March 2024, 21:12:51 »
Looks like the keycap from HHKB
I'm a Color lover and a designer.

Offline baconspoon

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 27 March 2024, 09:30:24 »
I love this idea. Would almost certainly buy if not for current kitting. No spacebars in liquid black accent seems like a missed opportunity. I would probably cut the 3u bars and Win95 keys from Meteoroids and just push the rest into the base kit. Then you could add a comprehensive accent bars kit, or maybe one kit with big bars (6, 6.25, and 7u) and a separate mini bars kit. I can't imagine many Alice users will want to buy Meteoroids for split bars and a B. Anyone who wants the windowed lock keys probably doesn't need any other key in the kit. And 40s users are not big fans of buying a large child kit that's basically just 4-key support. You really need a more comprehensive 40s kit for that to make sense.

Anyway, like I said, love the idea. Wish it was kitted for me. GLWIC.

Offline SacredMundane

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 27 March 2024, 11:23:27 »
I love this idea. Would almost certainly buy if not for current kitting. No spacebars in liquid black accent seems like a missed opportunity. I would probably cut the 3u bars and Win95 keys from Meteoroids and just push the rest into the base kit. Then you could add a comprehensive accent bars kit, or maybe one kit with big bars (6, 6.25, and 7u) and a separate mini bars kit. I can't imagine many Alice users will want to buy Meteoroids for split bars and a B. Anyone who wants the windowed lock keys probably doesn't need any other key in the kit. And 40s users are not big fans of buying a large child kit that's basically just 4-key support. You really need a more comprehensive 40s kit for that to make sense.

Anyway, like I said, love the idea. Wish it was kitted for me. GLWIC.
+1, I was going to ask for more accents including the 40s enter. Even cool with forced accents because the iridescence is kind of the point.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 27 March 2024, 13:59:30 »
+1, I was going to ask for more accents including the 40s enter. Even cool with forced accents because the iridescence is kind of the point.

+1 on 40s kitting. 1u tab, ctrl, shifts, backspace, etc. They might be lurking the kitting, but squinting isn't making it much easier to read  ;D
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline fortissim2

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 27 March 2024, 17:49:08 »
WTB + GLWIC, i will learn the backflip if the hangul set is just hangul (no alphas) but we'll see :p

Offline Kaptain Mike

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 29 March 2024, 17:23:40 »
Kitting feedback has been very helpful. The more requests I get, the more confident I'll be making changes to kitting. Also waiting on new GMK samples so pretty excited to see those!

Offline AngryAardvark

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 29 March 2024, 17:26:04 »
Kitting feedback has been very helpful. The more requests I get, the more confident I'll be making changes to kitting. Also waiting on new GMK samples so pretty excited to see those!

Alice support in the base kit please!

Offline TheSilverCord

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 31 March 2024, 01:41:12 »
Beautiful looking set, very keen on these!

Best of luck with the IC, hope to see a GB for it soon .

Offline monstermandude

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 03 April 2024, 06:57:13 »
If there was one more glitter keycap this kit could use I think there should be a glitter spacebar option to match the alternative enter/esc/insert

Offline Kaptain Mike

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 04 April 2024, 09:28:49 »
Working on getting new samples made. Once I have those, I should be able to release more info that I am very excited about  :cool:

Offline norb

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 05 April 2024, 12:48:59 »
it has been a long time since i've been hyped so much for samples!

Offline talltail

• Sen
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 06 April 2024, 10:21:16 »
Working on getting new samples made. Once I have those, I should be able to release more info that I am very excited about  :cool:

Hell yes, can't wait.

Offline save_me

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 07 April 2024, 23:59:56 »
Made an account to to express interest after simply lurking. Will be perfect substitute for the Dark set I have been thirsting over.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 08 April 2024, 00:05:31 »
Made an account to to express interest after simply lurking. Will be perfect substitute for the Dark set I have been thirsting over.

You love to see it. Welcome!
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline fops

• 👍
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 11 April 2024, 14:57:00 »
while I'm personally interested in the glitter-black color option and am happy to see it in use black on black is not super appealing to me. keeping tabs on this to see how samples look.