Author Topic: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (COMPLETED)  (Read 470689 times)

Offline MsYutai

Re: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 [The Pitch BLACK edition] NEW choices
« Reply #450 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 11:24:05 »
I ordered but haven't gotten an invoice yet!
I am definitely interested in these keys, they are going to look awesome combined with the black/beige thick PBT set I already have <3
CM Storm Quickfire XT - MX Reds

Roccat Kone Pure Optical|Kana v2|Zowie FK|Logitech g500s|Mionix Naos 7000|CM Spawn|Logitech Performance MX

Offline noideawhatsgoing

« Reply #451 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 12:29:11 »
you only have one active order.  your second order overwrote the first one unless you used different email etc.

you would want to make a completely new order ordering 2 sets

Do you have access to the spreadsheet or is this just an educated guess given past knowledge?

Ivan explained earlier in the thread that new orders overwrite old orders. If you placed Order A for one blank set and then later placed Order B for a printed set, the only active order for your name is Order B for the printed set.

you only have one active order.  your second order overwrote the first one unless you used different email etc.

you would want to make a completely new order ordering 2 sets

Do you have access to the spreadsheet or is this just an educated guess given past knowledge?

It's more of a common knowledge thing about how it's worked in the past. Not an educated guess :)

Awesome, thanks for letting me know.  So, I placed a 3rd order, this time including both sets.  Thanks guys!  :cool:
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 January 2014, 12:30:42 by noideawhatsgoing »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #452 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 13:29:30 »
I ordered but haven't gotten an invoice yet!
I am definitely interested in these keys, they are going to look awesome combined with the black/beige thick PBT set I already have <3

Nobody was invoiced yet. It's not even sure this GB succeeds, so just be patient and hope that many more people join so we can reach MOQ :)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #453 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 13:56:01 »
Right, I never invoice until the groupbuy is final and ordering is closed. It's simply a huge waste of time to make invoice only to have to issue refund if it couldn't happen.

Offline Blusey

« Reply #454 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 16:23:28 »
Any deadlines for this? Sucks its only half full :/

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #455 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 16:35:18 »
I'm still waiting to find out pricing and MOQ info for Plum, and pricing info from GMK add on. I will revise deadline once I have this information.

Offline nickatnite

« Reply #456 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 23:53:57 »
I'm in for a set.
****ty Keyboard

Offline noons

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 18:45:30 »
IT KILLLS me not to get on this set as I have been wanting to try both thick pbt and cherry profile, but no leopold support means a non matching spacebar for me which kills it for me. Leopold why have you forsaken me!  :p
Tofu65 Turquoise Tealios | Drop ALT LP Alpacas | 2X Leopold FC750R MX Brown | KUL MX Brown w/Cherry Stab MOD | Leopold FC660C BLANK | REALFORCE 87U 45G | HHKB PRO2 | Leopold TKL MX RED | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX BLUE

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #458 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 19:11:01 »
IT KILLLS me not to get on this set as I have been wanting to try both thick pbt and cherry profile, but no leopold support means a non matching spacebar for me which kills it for me. Leopold why have you forsaken me!  :p

Buy a set anyway, keep it for future boards.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline itsaferbie

« Reply #459 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 21:01:15 »
Just put in my order for some blanks, since I have been looking all over for some nice blank PBT keys.

Offline wilflare

« Reply #460 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 21:05:18 »
really hope this works out man. i would be sorely disappointed if it doesn't :/

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #461 on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 21:13:59 »
really hope this works out man. i would be sorely disappointed if it doesn't :/

Agreed, I'm going to have to finally buy something Topre if this doesn't work out lol

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #462 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 08:39:00 »
In for a black-on-black. Wish I could include a Darkside as well but all I really want from it are those AWESOME winkeys  :-X
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #463 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 08:47:40 »

Better yet - sell the Leopold and buy something that's not a pain to get sets for!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #464 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 09:22:17 »

Better yet - sell the Leopold and buy something that's not a pain to get sets for!

When I was deciding on my first mech purchase, I was truly torn between the Filco and the Leopold. After reading about the goofy keycaps on the Leopold, it cemented my decision to get the Filco and I couldn't be happier. I think I would have to actively work at finding a set of caps that DONT fit the Filco.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #465 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 09:40:30 »

When I was deciding on my first mech purchase, I was truly torn between the Filco and the Leopold. After reading about the goofy keycaps on the Leopold, it cemented my decision to get the Filco and I couldn't be happier. I think I would have to actively work at finding a set of caps that DONT fit the Filco.
This is always what I say to people when between Filco or Leopold, sooner or later YOU WILL want to change some caps.
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #466 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 10:00:53 »

This is always what I say to people when between Filco or Leopold, sooner or later YOU WILL want to change some caps.

It's why I sold my Quickfire TK, I could get along with the layout but the space-bar sizing was a dealbreaker.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #467 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 13:32:08 »
At least the Leopold has a standard spacebar footprint. You could always take it apart and have the plate cut to fix it with a normal 6.25 spacing on the platemount Cherry stabilizer. Shouldn't cost too much at anywhere that can lasercut or similar on steel... or you could do it oldschool with a drill and some hand needle files...

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #468 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 13:35:49 »
Will you extend the order period or this is a dead end GB?  :(

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #469 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 19:24:55 »
Just made an order for the dye-subs!

Hopefully this order goes through :D.

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #470 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 22:18:09 »
Will you extend the order period or this is a dead end GB?  :(

^^ I think (hope) he just hasn't updated the deadline in the OP yet. Please let us know, Ivan.
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #471 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 22:31:33 »
Ivan if this hits 300 by mid February will we have a chance?

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #472 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 22:49:06 »
Believe, guys!
At this rate, maybe March we'll hit moq; not even including possible vendors (:

Gogogo
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #473 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 06:26:53 »
Believe, guys!

Gogogo
Yes statistically you are right but consider March is not right around the corner, there are people who ordered in November and may not like to still be part of the GB in March...

Offline Ound

« Reply #474 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 08:30:46 »
Recently got Filco MJ2 Ninja Tenkeyless ( with MX Brown ) and I placed an order for a blank set ( maybe I should get 2... ? ), I am excited! I really do hope this gets through.
Also first post.  :thumb:

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #475 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 08:32:18 »
Recently got Filco MJ2 Ninja Tenkeyless ( with MX Brown ) and I placed an order for a blank set ( maybe I should get 2... ? ), I am excited! I really do hope this gets through.
Also first post.  :thumb:

Welcome to Geekhack!

You'll fit right in if you make your first purchase even before your first post! That's the right attitude here :p

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #476 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 13:36:35 »
Don't worry it's still going. I mentioned before that I am looking into some other source options for a basically identical product. While I am still waiting on all the final details Plum may let us have a lower MOQ and be cheaper. Additionally, they offer 1.5 mods, 1.75 shifts, windowed keys... all in PBT. I'm not sure about ISO enter or 7x spacebar yet... so at any rate we can get more identical PBT keys from a single source instead of having to match with ABS.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2014, 13:38:27 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #477 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 13:49:25 »
Don't worry it's still going. I mentioned before that I am looking into some other source options for a basically identical product. While I am still waiting on all the final details Plum may let us have a lower MOQ and be cheaper. Additionally, they offer 1.5 mods, 1.75 shifts, windowed keys... all in PBT. I'm not sure about ISO enter or 7x spacebar yet... so at any rate we can get more identical PBT keys from a single source instead of having to match with ABS.

Sounds great, as a 1.75 shift user it would be awesome to have PBT!

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #478 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 13:50:32 »
Just wondering, is the Dvorak set still available?
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #479 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 15:26:45 »
I never added that... there were so few order for it last time I offered dvorak and I have not noticed more than couple request for it.

Offline nickatnite

« Reply #480 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 15:57:02 »
I would order a second set if side prints was an option.
****ty Keyboard

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #481 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 16:10:39 »
I never added that... there were so few order for it last time I offered dvorak and I have not noticed more than couple request for it.

Ah, alright. Thanks, Ivan.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #482 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 16:41:21 »

Ahh, very good to know. I canceled my order, but if we're going to get PBT ISO pieces...I may just have to opt back in.
These look great--I'd hate to see this GB go under. 400 sets is a lot, though...

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #483 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 16:48:49 »

Ahh, very good to know. I canceled my order, but if we're going to get PBT ISO pieces...I may just have to opt back in.
These look great--I'd hate to see this GB go under. 400 sets is a lot, though...

Don't you prefer ANSI?  :p
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #484 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 16:51:17 »

Don't you prefer ANSI?  :p

I do, honestly, but I was low on cash, and an ISO board was available and inexpensive. It feels amazing, and the shift/enter placement doesn't really bother me, so I'd really love some good caps for it.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #485 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 19:25:23 »

This sounds promising.

I was concerned about this GB going on too long. If it goes long enough, some people who joined in the beginning will forget they joined this then neglect paying the invoice because they moved on to another GB.

I'm still concerned that if we meet 300 a month or so from now, the first 50ish people will change their mind because of the time that passed. Know what i mean.

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #486 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 21:18:05 »

This sounds promising.

I was concerned about this GB going on too long. If it goes long enough, some people who joined in the beginning will forget they joined this then neglect paying the invoice because they moved on to another GB.

I'm still concerned that if we meet 300 a month or so from now, the first 50ish people will change their mind because of the time that passed. Know what i mean.

That's definitely a legitimate concern, but I doubt that many would back out--I'd estimate five or ten. Fifty people is a lot. Then again, I'm not that experienced with GBs, so you may know better than I do.

Offline wilflare

« Reply #487 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 22:24:24 »
I would be interested in a side print set (:

Offline geogga

• gosh dang GH and their GBs
« Reply #488 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 22:34:52 »
Believe, guys!

Gogogo
Yes statistically you are right but consider March is not right around the corner, there are people who ordered in November and may not like to still be part of the GB in March...

Ehh seeing how hard it is to get PBT blank sets in many countries/online,  a lot of people do not want to miss out on this.

Plum seems like a better choice, I hope you and they make a nice deal!

Offline Galactic

• I'm new, be nice.
« Reply #489 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 05:25:33 »
Just signed up for a blank set, hopefully we reach MOQ on this!
CM QFS Brown

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #490 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 10:19:20 »
I'm working to get sideprinting as an option.
Certainly drop outs is a concern when a buy runs for very long... but there is no real alternative to this available elsewhere so it's a bit different situation than usual.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #491 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 10:26:20 »
Oooo, side-printed would be awesome.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #492 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 10:37:47 »
Oooo, side-printed would be awesome.

Going to make decision making very tough... which to choose, which to choose...

Really hoping for this! These keys would go well with so many boards and other keys.

For someone who's not familiar with "Plum", how does the quality of the keys change if going through them? Are they a manufacturer or other intermediary?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #493 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 10:44:40 »
Certainly drop outs is a concern when a buy runs for very long... but there is no real alternative to this available elsewhere so it's a bit different situation than usual.

I have never seen a side-printed set in Cherry Profile before. Does such a thing even exist?

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #494 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 10:45:00 »
Side printing would be so fab I can't even describe it.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #495 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 10:47:00 »
Side printed cherry profile would be downright amazing. I would be on a set of those like white on rice in a snow storm  :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #496 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 10:47:51 »

I have never seen a side-printed set in Cherry Profile before. Does such a thing even exist?

Yes, it does, I had one set Imsto PBT Cherry Profile, side printed
I like linear switches

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #497 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 10:48:03 »
I might change my order from blanks to side printed.
I red somewhere people reporting problems with thick PBT with Costar stabilizers, if this is the case how can we prevent/fix it?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #498 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 11:01:28 »
Only sideprint laser set exist in Cherry profile before... not have been done with dyesubs yet. It wasn't offered before because dyesub factory had some QC issue with side deform under the high heat... but I think they have made refinement so may be willing to do it now.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 11:03:03 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #499 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 11:10:04 »
Only sideprint laser set exist in Cherry profile before... not have been done with dyesubs yet. It wasn't offered before because dyesub factory had some QC issue with side deform under the high heat... but I think they have made refinement so may be willing to do it now.
It's really a good news, beyond my expectation.
I just thought when you mention side printing, it is just laser-etched as what imsto did, but now it can be even dyesub.
Really great news for me.
Thank you for updating . :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 11:12:09 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches