Author Topic: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (COMPLETED)  (Read 470703 times)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: PBT 104/105 set ROUND 3 (production)
« Reply #1500 on: Wed, 24 September 2014, 02:07:30 »
The new Leopold sets... I really can't tell the difference if there is any between my Cherry keys. They are definitely not taller than Cherry and have sharp corners and etc. Not the older ones, I wouldn't give a **** about those.

I stand corrected! Thank you for this info... <starts looking on eBay for Leopold sets...> JK! No need to with this and GMK Dolch on their way :D But it is nice to know there are more Cherry-like profile sets to choose from. Really curious now about who makes them.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Shinryuu

« Reply #1501 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 12:16:18 »
How's this thing going? ;)
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1502 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 12:32:37 »
It's in production still is all I know about it at the moment.

Offline pr1me

« Reply #1503 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 15:34:19 »

If anyone want to take over my black on black order, Let me know, 1 set ~95usd (if ivan can still make the switch.)

Offline Barracuda

« Reply #1504 on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 15:48:10 »

If anyone want to take over my black on black order, Let me know, 1 set ~95usd (if ivan can still make the switch.)

Sent you a pm
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 September 2014, 15:51:21 by Barracuda »
Looking for a matte Blackout V2!

Offline Ridillz

« Reply #1505 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 08:45:57 »
to be fair I'm pretty sure I remember Ivan saying that production would take 5-6 weeks after it begins. back in feb or so. Its been four-ish weeks at this point?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline spookymikal

« Reply #1506 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 09:33:46 »
to be fair I'm pretty sure I remember Ivan saying that production would take 5-6 weeks after it begins. back in feb or so. Its been four-ish weeks at this point?

So there's a chance I'll get these before christmas? :D

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1507 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 13:58:09 »
be prepare for the unexpected situations, this is the first time we doing GB with PLUM so no one can be sure of anything
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1508 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 21:11:36 »
I said it months ago, I wouldn't be surprised if I open my christmas presents first.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1509 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 21:22:05 »
I said it months ago, I wouldn't be surprised if I open my christmas presents first.

I seriously don't understand your unrelenting negativity and petulance. Group buys take time, plenty of them have taken way longer than this and even more will take longer in the future. You need to find a new hobby if you can't learn to be a little more patient. You should just be thankful that Ivan was willing to go through the enormous effort required to put this together.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1510 on: Fri, 26 September 2014, 22:52:28 »
I'm now in :)

Can't wait to receive. Should be interesting to see how it compares to IMSTO's black on grey dyesubs.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline Shinryuu

« Reply #1511 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 02:24:23 »

Thanks for the info :)
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Offline dante

« Reply #1512 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 06:50:03 »

I seriously don't understand your unrelenting negativity and petulance. Group buys take time, plenty of them have taken way longer than this and even more will take longer in the future. You need to find a new hobby if you can't learn to be a little more patient. You should just be thankful that Ivan was willing to go through the enormous effort required to put this together.

^ This times eleventy million.

This is a CUSTOM order for a product you will likely never see produced again.  Ivan is busting his ass for not only handling and shuffling around hundreds of orders but will also have to deal with packaging everything up.  Show some ****ing patience and gratitude!

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1513 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 08:40:09 »

This is a CUSTOM order for a product you will likely never see produced again.  Ivan is busting his ass for not only handling and shuffling around hundreds of orders but will also have to deal with packaging everything up.  Show some ****ing patience and gratitude!

LOL Ivan hasn't taken a new order in months, the only "shuffling" happening here is customer to customer and Ivan changes the name on his Google Doc.. SOO MUCH WORK.. Fix your glass feelings, I made a generic statement about a product promised to buyers and I'll say it, it's not a coincidence that amount of people dropping out.

Offline pr1me

« Reply #1514 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 09:56:37 »

Update : Order is sold.
Thanks for the PM's.  :thumb:

Offline geniekid

« Reply #1515 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 10:22:25 »

LOL Ivan hasn't taken a new order in months, the only "shuffling" happening here is customer to customer and Ivan changes the name on his Google Doc.. SOO MUCH WORK.. Fix your glass feelings, I made a generic statement about a product promised to buyers and I'll say it, it's not a coincidence that amount of people dropping out.

To be fair, Sergeant_Shart previously mentioned his impatience was with PLUM and not with Ivan.  Perhaps he should have reiterated that instead of asserting that Ivan hasn't done much work with this GB lately which - true or not - is irrelevant.  Ivan has moved quickly with all the parts under his control.

Offline j0hnny

« Reply #1516 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 10:30:10 »
HAHA it's almost our 1 year thick black pbt keycap anniversary! I totally forgot I had these ordered.

Offline spookymikal

« Reply #1517 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 14:14:01 »
I'm pretty glad I got in late on this buy.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1518 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 18:39:42 »
Just wondering, are there production examples of PLUM keycaps? Like did they make any other set we can look at as reference?

I'm guessing IMSTOs thick PBT aren't plum, but maybe someone knows better

Offline tbc

« Reply #1519 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 20:06:58 »
noppoo choc mini?  but that would be POM
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1520 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 20:30:51 »
There is pictures of some Plum produced stuff through the thread if you want to roll back through it.

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1521 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 09:01:08 »
ABS can look exactly like PBT, I've never seen plum and signed on when it was still 'IMSTO THICK PBT' we have pretty much no idea what these caps are going to feel like only a fuzzy example of what they will resemble in appearance.

Offline spookymikal

« Reply #1522 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 09:34:22 »
There is pictures of some Plum produced stuff through the thread if you want to roll back through it.

For the lazy:

I think these are Plum PBT caps with pad printing (not dyesub like you're getting)

These are POM not PBT but made by Plum

Ivan, you also made some posts back in march about samples being produced but then they changed the material supplier from the japanese one to du point. Did you get any samples of those pictures so we can get an idea of the thickness?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1523 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 09:53:29 »
Yes they will be thick like their POM ones, same thick like Cherry imsto, BSP, OG Cherry.
I haven't gotten any samples, pics of samples or any further updates out of them for awhile now. I will have to go chasing after them I suppose.

Offline Sergeant_Shart

« Reply #1524 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 11:58:53 »
What could it hurt right, I mean they've been in production for a while now, they've got to at least have an update for you. Maybe one of their machines broke, we have no idea but it would be awesome if they even fired an email at you.

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
  • Java programming and fancy key caps!
    • Elsea Labs
« Reply #1525 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 21:54:10 »
Are these still for sale? I've been looking for blank black PBT key caps forever!

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view

Offline TBone

« Reply #1526 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 22:38:06 »
Are these still for sale? I've been looking for blank black PBT key caps forever!

No, but you may be able to pick up someone's order or find some in the classifieds once they ship.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #1527 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 00:13:13 »

If Ivan's down with it, I'd be happy to transfer an order to you.

Offline TLExile

« Reply #1528 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 04:19:26 »

Damn that if only i could get in on that^

Offline zippox

« Reply #1529 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 07:30:21 »
This GB must be frustrating for Ivan. Keep a positive attitude and soon this will be over! :D

Offline spookymikal

« Reply #1530 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 09:58:18 »
This GB must be frustrating for Ivan. Keep a positive attitude and soon this will be over! :D

Judging by the length of time most people have been waiting, I'd venture that Ivan isn't the only one frustrated.

I don't mind personally, since I literally got in on the GB a few weeks ago, but reading through this thread start to finish, I could definitely see being frustrated if I'd been waiting from the beginning. As far back as April people were being told the caps would be "entering production shortly! Just a few more weeks!"

And it's not like it's Ivan's fault. He's just repeating the information given to him and assuming that it was accurate and true information.

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #1531 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 11:12:01 »

Judging by the length of time most people have been waiting, I'd venture that Ivan isn't the only one frustrated.

I don't mind personally, since I literally got in on the GB a few weeks ago, but reading through this thread start to finish, I could definitely see being frustrated if I'd been waiting from the beginning. As far back as April people were being told the caps would be "entering production shortly! Just a few more weeks!"

And it's not like it's Ivan's fault. He's just repeating the information given to him and assuming that it was accurate and true information.

Lol your comment reminded me that this started in Nov last year.

Ah, how time flies :/
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
    • Elsea Labs
« Reply #1532 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 15:01:03 »

I'm new here and I've heard some bad things about group buys on this forum. Especially from reddit, but I don't really know what's true or not. What exactly are group buys and why is this one taking so long?

Elsea Keys - Artisan key caps, keyboards, custom painting - Click any image to purchase or view

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1533 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 15:10:32 »

I'm new here and I've heard some bad things about group buys on this forum. Especially from reddit, but I don't really know what's true or not. What exactly are group buys and why is this one taking so long?

First of all a group buy is a bunch of fellow enthusiasts pooling their resources to purchase things they otherwise wouldn't be able to get and/or get for a decent price. In this case a keyset which didn't exist.

Ivan was very clear and has been that this would all be a learning process for this set. I believe a bulk of the time after orders ended was spent finding a proper plastic to be used to actually make these so they could be properly dye-subed.

Honestly the biggest problem with group buys is people who don't know what they are getting into.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1534 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 17:13:10 »
First of all a group buy is a bunch of fellow enthusiasts pooling their resources to purchase things they otherwise wouldn't be able to get and/or get for a decent price. In this case a keyset which didn't exist.

Ivan was very clear and has been that this would all be a learning process for this set. I believe a bulk of the time after orders ended was spent finding a proper plastic to be used to actually make these so they could be properly dye-subed.

Honestly the biggest problem with group buys is people who don't know what they are getting into.

+1

This group buy isn't taking that long, we just have a very vocal minority that has unrealistic expectations.

Also, dont trust 96% of what you read on reddit. There was a post on the front page today that is very fitting for this situation - "The more I read comments on reddit about things I know about, the more I see that I should stop trusting comments on things I know nothing about."

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1535 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 17:29:48 »
This.

It looks like most people who have never participated in a GB think it is just collecting money, handing it over and then walking away with the product. So anything over 2 months becomes "long".
Especially for the prices we manage to negotiate, production is in line with what you can expect. And if anything goes wrong (f.e. Wrong plastic), you miss a production slot and a buy gets delayed.
Only because of the experience of some of the GB organizers (Ivan, Matt, Bunnylake, to name a few) and some improved systems like at Signature Plastics we have seen some pretty quick GBs in the last year or so. Before that it was not uncommon for them to take around a year to materialize. Round 4 for example took nearly 2 years because of the complexity. That is why Ivan has drastically decreased the number of options.

But there have been a few rotten apples. People who took the money, started production and because life intervened were never able to deliver. Or some people who outright scammed people.
These are fortunately very rare.

As always buyer beware and if something feels off, don't participate.
If you expect it to be delivered on time, don't bother. Pretty much every project in business gets delayed and we don't even have the business clause necessary to do something about it.
It is based on trust, but that trust sometimes delivers truly special things for a mish-mash of people from this community and others...
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline spookymikal

« Reply #1536 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 17:39:39 »
Won't it be nice when 3d printing gets to a point that it can replace the need for group buys?

Can't wait.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1537 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 17:42:30 »
Won't it be nice when 3d printing gets to a point that it can replace the need for group buys?

Can't wait.
Instant gratification FTW!

Then you will be waiting for the designers to come up with designs though. ;)
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #1538 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 21:17:57 »
I've been in this for a while and am actually enjoying it. The wait is part of the experience, especially for a set like this.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1539 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 21:21:20 »
I've been in this for a while and am actually enjoying it. The wait is part of the experience, especially for a set like this.

don't lie to yourself.

waiting sucks, period. it's part of gb's, but it still sucks.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline connorelsea

• * Maker
    • Elsea Labs
« Reply #1540 on: Fri, 03 October 2014, 21:29:21 »
Before that it was not uncommon for them to take around a year to materialize. Round 4 for example took nearly 2 years because of the complexity. That is why Ivan has drastically decreased the number of options.

Sorry for being so new, but why are they called rounds? And what are people referencing in that thread when they are referring to prior rounds. Just wondering. Seems to be important if you can simply refer to it as Round 4 and people know what it is.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1541 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 11:23:02 »
Before that it was not uncommon for them to take around a year to materialize. Round 4 for example took nearly 2 years because of the complexity. That is why Ivan has drastically decreased the number of options.

Sorry for being so new, but why are they called rounds? And what are people referencing in that thread when they are referring to prior rounds. Just wondering. Seems to be important if you can simply refer to it as Round 4 and people know what it is.
The 'Round' part refers to a specific groupbuy. In this case one organized by 7Bit which is similar to one he organized before. He is currently doing a Round 5 which is supposed to ship by the end of October. :)
If something turns out to be very popular, a lot of people usually come in late because they didn't know a GB was happening. If enough people are interested the GB organizer might decide to do another round.
Just like Ivan had a PBT dyesub 104/105 set ROUND 2.
There is nothing more to it. It's mostly shorthand.

In most cases people refer to the set itself. Like CMYK and Purple GMK mods, CMYW, GMK RGBY or Skull Squadron DSA. Not to be confused with the new round of Skull Squadron in DCS-profile. ;)
Other example: Lightsaver V2 (which has some slight improvements over the V1)
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1542 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 23:49:31 »

The 'Round' part refers to a specific groupbuy. In this case one organized by 7Bit which is similar to one he organized before. He is currently doing a Round 5 which is supposed to ship by the end of October. :)
If something turns out to be very popular, a lot of people usually come in late because they didn't know a GB was happening. If enough people are interested the GB organizer might decide to do another round.
Just like Ivan had a PBT dyesub 104/105 set ROUND 2.
There is nothing more to it. It's mostly shorthand.

In most cases people refer to the set itself. Like CMYK and Purple GMK mods, CMYW, GMK RGBY or Skull Squadron DSA. Not to be confused with the new round of Skull Squadron in DCS-profile. ;)
Other example: Lightsaver V2 (which has some slight improvements changes over the V1)

V1 case for LIFE.

But in all seriousness, I've been scammed twice since joining GH one year ago, and got my money back on one of those accounts. I've lost MAYBE 3% of total invested cash.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1543 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 00:08:30 »
Amateurs. I'm still waiting for an alu case I paid for last NOVEMBER.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1544 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 01:08:05 »
Which one would that be?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1545 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 01:18:33 »
Which one would that be?

Alixinhzai's GB - it's supposed to be in the post but I'm starting to think it's been misplaced or delivered to the wrong address because I've been waiting like a month for it.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1546 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 02:02:35 »

don't lie to yourself.

it's only sucks if you remember
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #1547 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 11:57:38 »

don't lie to yourself.

it's only sucks if you remember

Which one would that be?

Alixinhzai's GB - it's supposed to be in the post but I'm starting to think it's been misplaced or delivered to the wrong address because I've been waiting like a month for it.

sorry to hear it bueller, I finally got mine the other week.

@bazh: I couldnt agree more. I never remember what I've bought.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1548 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 10:12:06 »
I've been told again 'soon' but I'm not sure what 'soon' means at PLUM. :/

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1549 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 10:13:02 »
I've been told again 'soon' but I'm not sure what 'soon' means at PLUM. :/

-_-
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari