Author Topic: Bro Caps Gallery (Stay on topic pls kthx)  (Read 4455821 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Bro Caps Gallery (Stay on topic pls kthx)
« Reply #5500 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 23:09:49 »

baddest bro ever
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #5501 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 04:40:28 »
I love white HHKB with back keysets, and dat pink fn lookin baller

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5502 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 05:04:07 »
Show Image

baddest bro ever

That's a nice looking board. I like it.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5503 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 22:13:48 »
93231-0

These are bright!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #5504 on: Sun, 08 March 2015, 22:48:39 »
(Attachment Link)

These are bright!
Wow. I've wondered how bright the GIDs were. That's insane.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5505 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 16:58:11 »
That is crazy. I have actually never seen any of my GiD ones glow yet but soon I shall and post images I shall on here.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5506 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 17:44:39 »
I guess the glow comes from a special kind of resin, doesn't it?

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5507 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 17:46:23 »
Thanks Bro for letting us know about the Giveaway. ;)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5508 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 17:54:51 »
Yeah, some sort of photoluminescent plastic or some phosphorescent element mixed into the plastic. The trouble with GID stuff is (as far as I know) it has a short half-life and GID toys and such only retain their brightness after so much exposure to the direct light it needs to store the necessary energy for it to glow. So my guess is all these GID caps will slowly grow dimmer in time, but I'm no scientist. BC would know better on this.

I suspect CC made 'Murica and Senzubean with a  radioluminescent element, allowing it to glow for much longer. These elements being radium, which has a half-life of 1600 years; tritium, which has a half-life of 12 years; and the man-made promethium which has a half-life of about 3 years. They are also slightly radioactive and expensive (which is reflected in the price point of 'Murica.)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5509 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 18:18:18 »
Yeah, some sort of photoluminescent plastic or some phosphorescent element mixed into the plastic. The trouble with GID stuff is (as far as I know) it has a short half-life and GID toys and such only retain their brightness after so much exposure to the direct light it needs to store the necessary energy for it to glow. So my guess is all these GID caps will slowly grow dimmer in time, but I'm no scientist. BC would know better on this.

I suspect CC made 'Murica and Senzubean with a  radioluminescent element, allowing it to glow for much longer. These elements being radium, which has a half-life of 1600 years; tritium, which has a half-life of 12 years; and the man-made promethium which has a half-life of about 3 years. They are also slightly radioactive and expensive (which is reflected in the price point of 'Murica.)

This is interesting because when I used to own a Sifo's Soul, it was way more dim then a more recent toxic GID. The toxic would always glow after just turning off my dim room's lights, while the Sifo's needed a brighter light held much closer before it would glow.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5510 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 18:20:46 »

This is interesting because when I used to own a Sifo's Soul, it was way more dim then a more recent toxic GID. The toxic would always glow after just turning off my dim room's lights, while the Sifo's needed a brighter light held much closer before it would glow.

Sifo's Soul was always dimmer, even when it was new.  Not refuting any points, just saying.  :)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5511 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 18:21:20 »

Sifo's Soul was always dimmer, even when it was new.  Not refuting any points, just saying.  :)

Good to know, thanks Hoff.  :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5512 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 18:56:41 »

Sifo's Soul was always dim

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #5513 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 21:55:22 »
I love white HHKB with back keysets, and dat pink fn lookin baller

Show Image

baddest bro ever

That's a nice looking board. I like it.

thanks m8s
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5514 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:32:13 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5515 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:32:51 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5516 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:36:44 »
dat Brofile tho

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5517 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:49:51 »
dat Brofile tho
Show Image

Need SA profile set ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5518 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 00:07:35 »
dat Brofile tho
Show Image

Need SA profile set ;)

You need R3 SA because the R1's tower over the BBs

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #5519 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 03:03:12 »
Cupid Reaper ~ <3

Kawaii, yeeeee?

Show Image

We cousins, mang?! U BROO, I PEENKU?!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5520 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 04:52:27 »
^ One of those in two tone yellow would look fantastic!

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5521 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 06:15:57 »
X-Post...

Show Image

Show Image

Damn that purple bro is nice! What is his name?
dat Brofile tho
Show Image

Yeah I have the same problem. Waiting in the Hack'd by geeks set! As it is full contoured the SA row might get over it.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #5522 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 13:05:46 »
X-Post...

Show Image

Sickkkkkkk purple man!  :thumb:

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #5523 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 20:11:05 »
can't take a keycap pic to save my life, so I'll just xpost my hhkb pic. really happy with the blackout bbv2 :]

diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #5524 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 08:56:12 »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #5525 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 09:02:30 »
   GG NO RE

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #5526 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 09:11:49 »
Show Image

What is this green on green reaper?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5527 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 13:14:48 »
Show Image

What is this green on green reaper?

Stop it with the green already! haha.

I imagine your room to be full of Hulk posters and with a Green Lantern blanket on your bed. :p (joking ofc ;) )

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #5528 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 13:15:51 »
Show Image

Loving that board and caps Bunny! That green on green reaper is awesome!

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5529 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 13:17:04 »
That green reaper  :-X

Nice picture and collection bunny!

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #5530 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 13:35:59 »
Show Image

Most impressive picture I've seen on GH all week.

Good job, sir! My pants are wet.
null

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5531 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 14:46:01 »
Show Image

I was seriously considering trying to trade all my bots for reapers, to grow a nice reaper collection, but after seeing this, there is no way I could compete!  :o  Amazing caps bunny! I see a few that I didn't know existed.  :)

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=s4l8p70k014kfbgll72u9bjpchfdqafb&topic=63161.0
« Reply #5532 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 15:07:32 »
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #5533 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 15:24:59 »
Show Image

I was seriously considering trying to trade all my bots for reapers, to grow a nice reaper collection, but after seeing this, there is no way I could compete!  :o  Amazing caps bunny! I see a few that I didn't know existed.  :)
Show Image

That's cuz they don't exist for mere mortals    :)) :))

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #5534 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 16:56:58 »
Show Image

Show Image

That's cuz they don't exist for mere mortals    :)) :))

Keyboard Illuminati

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #5535 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:59:39 »
Blood Pact Zombro 2 MX

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5536 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 03:33:26 »
Blood Pact Zombro 2 MX

Show Image

Nice it seems to match your galaxy set pretty well.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #5537 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 03:51:07 »
Blood Pact Zombro 2 MX

Show Image

Yeah, I wasn't sure how it would look but I like how it turned out. The red is a similar shade of red to the alternate red escape key from the Galaxy Class set. Gives it a nice contrast to the pink and other washed out colours. Glad I found a spot for this cap, because I don't have anything red.  :))

Now I need to decide if I like Blood Pact Zombro or Three Kings Gold V2 better with Galaxy Class.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5538 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 03:58:55 »
Blood Pact Zombro 2 MX

Show Image

Yeah, I wasn't sure how it would look but I like how it turned out. The red is a similar shade of red to the alternate red escape key from the Galaxy Class set. Gives it a nice contrast to the pink and other washed out colours. Glad I found a spot for this cap, because I don't have anything red.  :))

Now I need to decide if I like Blood Pact Zombro or Three Kings Gold V2 better with Galaxy Class.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #5539 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 04:39:12 »
So I got a blackout reaper today :D

In the void by iDroM, on Flickr

But I haven't figured out how I'm going to put him on my board, so here's just a few pics of it with some of my other topre artisans!

Face Off by iDroM, on Flickr

Lurking in the darkness by iDroM, on Flickr

P1019514 by iDroM, on Flickr

P1019488 by iDroM, on Flickr
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:23:53 by Moralless »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #5540 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 04:52:43 »
can't take a keycap pic to save my life, so I'll just xpost my hhkb pic. really happy with the blackout bbv2 :]

Show Image

blackout V2s look so good with black caps. :)

Cupid Reaper ~ <3

Show Image

Show Image

shot through the heart, and you're to blame...

Show Image

my god.  asdkljsdalkjsadhjkasdqw.

Blood Pact Zombro 2 MX

Show Image

that black soul sucking eyeball staring out at me.  scary, haha.

But I haven't figured out how I'm going to put him on my board, so here's just a few pics of it with some of my other topre artisans!

such ghostly pics.  really cool. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #5541 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 05:04:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Doooooooooooooood~ Loving these shots. So bloody moody!

Also those white looks so ghostly next to that black Reaper~

LOVE LOVE LOVE ~ <3

SPOOKY SPOOKY SPOOKY ~ ヽ ( ꒪д꒪; )ノ

Offline Moralless

« Reply #5542 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 05:28:14 »

such ghostly pics.  really cool. :)

Glad you like 'em! :)

Doooooooooooooood~ Loving these shots. So bloody moody!

Also those white looks so ghostly next to that black Reaper~

LOVE LOVE LOVE ~ <3

SPOOKY SPOOKY SPOOKY ~ ヽ ( ꒪д꒪; )ノ

Thanks Vesper!  :-*

Yeah I love how ghostly the kwks look next to the reaper, main reason why I want to get a black blank keyset it just doesn't have the same effect on the stock white/grey keyset sadly   :(

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #5543 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:00:26 »

Yeah I love how ghostly the kwks look next to the reaper, main reason why I want to get a black blank keyset it just doesn't have the same effect on the stock white/grey keyset sadly   :(

I can't waiiiit~<333 Going to be a spooky skeleton keyboard~

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:05:53 by VesperSAINT »

Offline tbc

« Reply #5544 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:01:38 »
Blood Pact Zombro 2 MX

Show Image

it just clicked in to me that the blood pact is interchangable with a red ESC lol.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Moralless

« Reply #5545 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:10:47 »

Hahaha, yes! My HHKB is going to be like Jack from "Nightmare before Christmas"

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #5546 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:15:20 »
Show Image
   GG NO RE
so much this... ugh.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #5547 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:15:37 »

Hahaha, yes! My HHKB is going to be like Jack from "Nightmare before Christmas"

Show Image

I'm so glad you got my reference :P

Show Image
   GG NO RE
so much this... ugh.

RIGHT?! It's so damn good... the jealousy cannot be contained whenever I see this photo. LOL!

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 06:18:38 by VesperSAINT »

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=s4l8p70k014kfbgll72u9bjpchfdqafb&topic=63161.0
« Reply #5548 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:45:34 »

Show Image

In the void by iDroM, on Flickr

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Cool! Really nice pictures!
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #5549 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:53:53 »
@ Bunny Stop giving us chills =() Too awesome to unsee that one.