Author Topic: Bro Caps Gallery (Stay on topic pls kthx)  (Read 4455691 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Bro Caps Gallery (Stay on topic pls kthx)
« Reply #6900 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 17:06:24 »
These look so good, I love the purple. I don't know how you all get coordinating brocaps - I only got into mechs a few weeks ago and don't even know how to get started collecting. I feel like I need to do the "one red paperclip" series of trades to even get my hands on one.

Welcome to Geekhack!

The key with artisan collecting is patience.  When sales occur enter as many as you can.  Hope to win, but be prepared not to.  Some people can take several months to get their first artisan, others get lucky in their first sale.

Good luck :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6901 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 17:06:46 »
Show Image

Very nice, that's a good match.

Thanks! They do match really well! Almost the same colour!  ;D

Beautiful colourway!

Every opportunity I know, but here's my purples :)

Show Image

These look so good, I love the purple. I don't know how you all get coordinating brocaps - I only got into mechs a few weeks ago and don't even know how to get started collecting. I feel like I need to do the "one red paperclip" series of trades to even get my hands on one.

Time, and a lot of patience sir.I have been collecting these for the hyperfuse set, I also have a P1 purple skull to finish it off .

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6902 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 19:19:06 »
Show Image

Beautiful colourway!

Show Image

Technically there's already a thread where hopeless non-brocap-owning plebs like you and I can drown our sorrows (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51291.0)
Although it seems to be more about silly images and complaining about people who sell caps for $$$ at the moment.
I know its hard when you see all these beautiful caps but it does take time. Make friends and keep an eye out for giveaways and contests. Its so worth it when the stars align. Alot of these people you see with huge collections have put in blood sweat and tears here. Participating in group buys contributing in threads etc... There's some great info and some really intelligent people here that have a lot to offer if you love keyboards. Pull up your chair and stay awhile and you will stumble into some artisans along the way  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #6903 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 20:00:51 »

Show Image

Every time you post this I cry a little. It's too gorgeous!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6904 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 20:07:02 »

Show Image

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #6905 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 20:22:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

:'(
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6906 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 18:35:27 »
Well, this is the only photo that turned out from the set.

BLOOD ORANGE Bro Caps Topre Fns, Stump, and V2 Brobot.
Amazingly well crafted! Love this color!  :cool:

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6907 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 18:39:12 »

Show Image

mmm. Blood orange. Very nice sir,  very nice...

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6908 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 22:20:26 »

Show Image

Nice man.  I love that color.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #6909 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 16:12:22 »

I know its hard when you see all these beautiful caps but it does take time. Make friends and keep an eye out for giveaways and contests. Its so worth it when the stars align. Alot of these people you see with huge collections have put in blood sweat and tears here. Participating in group buys contributing in threads etc... There's some great info and some really intelligent people here that have a lot to offer if you love keyboards. Pull up your chair and stay awhile and you will stumble into some artisans along the way  :thumb:

Truth  :thumb:

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6910 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 18:19:00 »
Show Image

Beautiful colourway!

Show Image

Technically there's already a thread where hopeless non-brocap-owning plebs like you and I can drown our sorrows (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51291.0)
Although it seems to be more about silly images and complaining about people who sell caps for $$$ at the moment.

Well put Sed, well put! :-)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6911 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 18:26:49 »
Show Image

Beautiful colourway!

Show Image

I've actually thought about doing that in the classifieds section, but not necessarily for artisan caps, just to see what I end up with.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6912 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 19:02:45 »
Show Image

Beautiful colourway!

Show Image

I want to help you!

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6913 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 19:08:26 »
Show Image

Beautiful colourway!

Show Image

I've actually thought about doing that in the classifieds section, but not necessarily for artisan caps, just to see what I end up with.

Whoa just read that list, that's pretty sweet! An evening w Alice cooper haha

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6914 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 19:33:07 »
Show Image

Beautiful colourway!

Show Image

what a seemingly random sequence of trades and events  :eek: love the new orangish color of your sig Dustin pretty baller  :thumb:
Edit: it seems to be that sexy new blood orange in hue...hue hue 8p (could be wrong )
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 June 2015, 19:36:04 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6915 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 21:07:39 »
Show Image

Beautiful colourway!

Show Image

what a seemingly random sequence of trades and events  :eek: love the new orangish color of your sig Dustin pretty baller  :thumb:
Edit: it seems to be that sexy new blood orange in hue...hue hue 8p (could be wrong )

Thanks! :) it could be, or obfuscated, or maybe ooc. Heh

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6916 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 06:51:45 »
Show Image

Beautiful colourway!

Show Image

There is a project inspired by the "one red paperclip" , it's the Deskthority Surprise Box , I've been part of this year's world tour and it's a fantastic experience : http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/the-surprisebox-worldwide-trip-2-t8624.html
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6917 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 17:25:02 »
Show Image

Beautiful colourway!

Show Image

what a seemingly random sequence of trades and events  :o love the new orangish color of your sig Dustin pretty baller  :thumb:

There is a project inspired by the "one red paperclip" , it's the Deskthority Surprise Box , I've been part of this year's world tour and it's a fantastic experience : http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/the-surprisebox-worldwide-trip-2-t8624.html

It sounds pretty cool indeed!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6918 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 17:39:01 »
Just got these beauties in!

Captures the color wonderfully in my opinion.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2015, 19:09:11 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #6919 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 18:15:54 »

This got these beauties in!
Show Image

Beautiful color way! Blood orange is a very fitting name.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6920 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 19:29:36 »

This got these beauties in!
Show Image

Beautiful color way! Blood orange is a very fitting name.

Oh definitely!

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #6921 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 06:03:14 »

Playing around with my camera today.
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6922 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 06:20:47 »
New additions haven't had a chance to take any good photos yet  :eek:

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6923 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 17:30:56 »
Just got these beauties in!
Show Image

Awesome photo man! :)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6924 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 18:40:34 »

Do not tell me that's a MX volcanic!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6925 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 20:20:45 »

You and the wyfe are powder puff purp sisters!!! Gratz!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6926 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 04:34:54 »
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6927 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 16:45:09 »
Show Image

Beautiful board and v2. They go really well together.

Offline funks

« Reply #6928 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 08:27:18 »
Show Image

Beautiful colourway!

Show Image

I want to help you!

Once I get my hands on my first artisan I'll start trading. I'm waiting on my RGB modifier keyset in the mail, so I'd like to end up with matching bros someday.
Novatouch TKL
IBM Model M (1391401)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6929 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 04:41:34 »
My Realforce in a Digilog Case with a Conservative Red Reaper :thumb:

Show Image

very nice combo

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6930 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 07:49:02 »
Show Image

mmmmmmm nice purpz! Nice keyset and board too!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6931 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 18:16:36 »

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6932 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 19:47:04 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice! Congrats!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6933 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 20:30:09 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

looks beautiful! glad you got your end game cap
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6934 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 20:53:04 »
Show Image

mmmmmmm nice purpz! Nice keyset and board too!

Thanks man  :)

Show Image

Beautiful board and v2. They go really well together.

Thanks  :)

Show Image

Beautiful cap man.  Glad you were able to get one.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #6935 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 21:23:08 »
Found a King to go with my 'Nads

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6936 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 09:52:47 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The name of the purple reaper is Noxious right?

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #6937 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 09:54:39 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

AMAZINGGG Skeletor!! Congrats dude!!!  :thumb:

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #6938 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 03:09:29 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That Skeletor looks awesome, and I ****ing love the black on black with the purple on the board too  :thumb:
Great combo, any chance we can see a picture of the whole board

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #6939 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 03:22:54 »
Green Goblin.  Really love this colorway.
Show Image

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #6940 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 10:37:41 »
Powder Puff setup is complete!!!

Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6941 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 10:50:45 »

Show Image

wowsers that is sexy. I would tap that HHKB  :)) Very nice girlie

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #6942 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:28:04 »
Bros for reals, picked up a MX pharaoh reaper

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6943 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:30:18 »

Show Image

Show Image

Damn! :eek:

Great photos!

I would love to get my hands on a Pharaoh Reaper, but I don't think its going to happen anytime soon.

Offline minTea

« Reply #6944 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:40:55 »

Show Image

Wow that is beautiful! Well done! :)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6945 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 14:03:10 »

Show Image

Show Image

super gorgeous i have been looking for one of these in topre for awhile  :thumb: super nice score long

Offline Koobs

« Reply #6946 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 23:58:49 »

Show Image

All you need is a pink f and j  :p

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6947 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 02:36:26 »

Show Image

Show Image

Great photos!

I would love to get my hands on a Pharaoh Reaper, but I don't think its going to happen anytime soon.
same here sigh haha awesome caps though. I'm trying to get it for my HHKB I just bought ! So far I have a blackout reaper which I'm going to match with a BO v2(still need BO BBv2) three kings reaper (which I'm going to match with 3kings v2) located both and I need the Pharoh reaper and the Pharoh v2.(still need those)  i also have a gold KWK FN set that should match the 3 kings very closely . This is my first planned end game setup !  :)) I know its a slippery slope whenever someone says end game but I realize that end game usually means "current project " for us collectors ! I thinks it's going to look sick though.  :p

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6948 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 04:57:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

Great photos!

same here sigh haha awesome caps though. I'm trying to get it for my HHKB I just bought ! So far I have a blackout reaper which I'm going to match with a BO v2(still need BO BBv2) three kings reaper (which I'm going to match with 3kings v2) located both and I need the Pharoh reaper and the Pharoh v2.(still need those)  i also have a gold KWK FN set that should match the 3 kings very closely . This is my first planned end game setup !  :)) I know its a slippery slope whenever someone says end game but I realize that end game usually means "current project " for us collectors ! I thinks it's going to look sick though.  :p

Just be patient. It took me about a year to locate a THC MX and about 7 months to locate an Army man Green. It's a waiting game if anything.

Offline Dyslexic

• All we love we leave behind
« Reply #6949 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 10:47:37 »
Won 4 caps on the Cosmos sale! So stoked. Interstellar Green and Pink V2s for my topre board and a Nebulous and Star Cluster v2 for my gf's MX board. Thanks again CtrlAlt.io :D
| HHKB Type-S | FC660C Silenced | ReΛlforce 23UB