Author Topic: Bro Caps Gallery (Stay on topic pls kthx)  (Read 4455687 times)

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: Bro Caps Gallery (Stay on topic pls kthx)
« Reply #8600 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:00:14 »
Monster mash caps look awesome!  Gonna try my luck and hopefully acquire my first Bro!

You need one more post :)

Offline yomammary

« Reply #8601 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:00:50 »
How are you guys ordering? I get an error on Chrome and Firefox.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8602 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:03:29 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:04:19 by alienman82 »

Offline yomammary

« Reply #8603 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:16:45 »
How are you guys ordering? I get an error on Chrome and Firefox.

I submitted with firefox
Worked using Edge :thumb:
Back on topic (sorry).
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:21:43 by yomammary »
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #8604 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:23:29 »
Monster mash caps look awesome!  Gonna try my luck and hopefully acquire my first Bro!

Ouch. Looks like he got muted with only 1 post to go.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8605 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:24:59 »

Whoops.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8606 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 11:29:17 »

Whoops.

Have I told you I love you?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8607 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:11:21 »

Whoops.

Hoffbae  :-*

Offline chromatically

« Reply #8608 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:35:43 »
The board thus far....

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8609 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:38:43 »

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #8610 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 12:39:44 »
The board thus far....
Show Image

Yep!  Pretty much end game... those Cosmos make me so donut jelly!  Congrats.   :p

Offline chromatically

« Reply #8611 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:00:35 »
The board thus far....
Show Image

Yep!  Pretty much end game... those Cosmos make me so donut jelly!  Congrats.   :p

haha never end game! I've got a lot planned for this board yet... JTK debut stem swap + 55g dome/spring swap + carbon SA... <3
I think I may get another fc660c just to keep this one intact though because I do love me some purple.

Offline pyrolovesmoney

Re: BroBot Gallery
« Reply #8612 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:19:52 »
Show Image

I never though of using them for that cluster of keys. How long does it take to remember which robot does what? Also, do they wear out with use?

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #8613 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:33:14 »
Show Image

I never though of using them for that cluster of keys. How long does it take to remember which robot does what? Also, do they wear out with use?

Same question. I think I'm mostly afraid of putting my favorite caps on anything other than the escape key or F row because I wonder if my fingers will eventually damage some of the artisans.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8614 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:34:48 »
Show Image

Same question. I think I'm mostly afraid of putting my favorite caps on anything other than the escape key or F row because I wonder if my fingers will eventually damage some of the artisans.

Better +1 some more posts so you can get in on the sale m8!

Offline chromatically

« Reply #8615 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:39:54 »
Show Image

on my fc660c they're the arrow cluster - so nebulus is up arrow/page up, star cluster is right/end, interstellar blue is down/page down, and star dust (i think that's the name) is left/home.
I've been using them since I got them from the cosmos sale and no wear to be seen. Bro makes tough caps.

edit: derp didn't realize you were quoting someone else... but really it is muscle memory taking over at a certain point.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 November 2015, 13:45:09 by chromatically »

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #8616 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:36:22 »
The board thus far....
Show Image

haha never end game! I've got a lot planned for this board yet... JTK debut stem swap + 55g dome/spring swap + carbon SA... <3
I think I may get another fc660c just to keep this one intact though because I do love me some purple.
Planned to use pulse on my realforce but that got shut down pretty quickly. AFAIK The leopold, realforce, and hhkb use the same 6u spacebar, you're pretty much never gonna find a spacebar like that.

Offline chromatically

« Reply #8617 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:43:14 »
The board thus far....
Show Image

Planned to use pulse on my realforce but that got shut down pretty quickly. AFAIK The leopold, realforce, and hhkb use the same 6u spacebar, you're pretty much never gonna find a spacebar like that.

I believe bunny is doing something for that specifically. At least in one of his posts he said for the JTK debut that there's 3 spacebars (black, white, and purple) so at least there's that. also the carbon set had a 6u spacebar :) so I'm sure I can figure something out to get that on there. Maybe sacrifice a stem on one of those space bars* somehow and do a transplant... or maybe the MX sliders will work out for the space bar, who knows?

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8618 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:46:49 »
The board thus far....
Show Image

I believe bunny is doing something for that specifically. At least in one of his posts he said for the JTK debut that there's 3 spacebars (black, white, and purple) so at least there's that. also the carbon set had a 6u spacebar :) so I'm sure I can figure something out to get that on there. Maybe sacrifice a stem on one of those space bars* somehow and do a transplant... or maybe the MX sliders will work out for the space bar, who knows?
WHAAAAT? THERE WAS A 6u SPACEBAR? WAS IT BLACK?

Offline chromatically

« Reply #8619 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:50:40 »
The board thus far....
Show Image

Space Bar Kits
You can also choose between 2 unit, 3 unit, 4 unit, 6 unit, and 7 unit keys in beige or grey.
I got a 6u grey, but there was also beige. spent a fortune on that set so i had 2x2.25 shifts for the fc660c too. "WILL BE WORTH IT" - me looking at wallet thinning

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8620 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:52:33 »
[show]
The board thus far....
Show Image

[/show]

Space Bar Kits
You can also choose between 2 unit, 3 unit, 4 unit, 6 unit, and 7 unit keys in beige or grey.
I got a 6u grey, but there was also beige. spent a fortune on that set so i had 2x2.25 shifts for the fc660c too. "WILL BE WORTH IT" - me looking at wallet thinning
Ah, okay. I decided to get rid of my pulse set for charity but also because I just couldn't keep along with the hype of SA profile. I mean I tried it on my pok3r with clears, and it just didn't feel right. I heard SA is heaven on topre though, so I don't know, still want to get rid of my set.

Offline Irontree

« Reply #8621 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 17:43:32 »
The new caps are looking pretty sweet.   I wish I had 50 posts and some money.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8622 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 18:37:34 »

Don't worry bud.  There will be plenty more sales, and it's better to get engaged in the community anyway.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline SunPanda

« Reply #8623 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 21:38:06 »
Me too...Me too :(

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #8624 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 23:29:21 »
I'm really digging that wretched Zombro. That green looks so good.

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #8625 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 12:25:36 »
The two for one wasn't that big of a deal. It was Pharaoh and Blood Pact. They seem to be fairly unwanted colorways.
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8626 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 12:49:19 »
The two for one wasn't that big of a deal. It was Pharaoh and Blood Pact. They seem to be fairly unwanted colorways.
might want to use quotes when bringing back a discussion next time  :p
as long as you get the caps you want, thats all that matters :)

Offline Incredigasmic

« Reply #8627 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 13:09:38 »
might want to use quotes when bringing back a discussion next time  :p
as long as you get the caps you want, thats all that matters :)

Thought I did. Meh. Oh well. You got the picture xD
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8628 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 13:12:16 »

Are you saying there's an unwanted Bro Cap? :confused:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Incredigasmic

« Reply #8629 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 13:20:50 »

Unwanted may have been the wrong word. I guess you could use "not preferred". People didn't seem to like those colorways as much, so I flipped them for an Erupted.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8630 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:23:17 »

Unwanted may have been the wrong word. I guess you could use "not preferred". People didn't seem to like those colorways as much, so I flipped them for an Erupted.

I've been looking for a blood pact,  I like the red.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8631 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:33:05 »

Blood Pact is one of my favorite V2's.  Been on the lookout for a MX Blood Pact for a while now.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Incredigasmic

« Reply #8632 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 14:35:46 »

I would've offered it to you, but you don't have it on your want list in your classifieds post.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8633 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 15:27:00 »

I would've offered it to you, but you don't have it on your want list in your classifieds post.

People actually look at WTB lists?

I'll have to create one ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8634 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 15:56:47 »

People actually look at WTB lists?

I'll have to create one ;)
[WTB] #FFFF00

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #8635 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 16:27:46 »
Blood Pact is one of my favorites. I get trade offers for it non-stop.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline btctopre

« Reply #8636 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 17:58:05 »
Blood Pact is one of my favorites. I get trade offers for it non-stop.

First cap I ever whined about not getting I think-

Have given up and restarted my quest for one multiple times over nine months. Some day, some day, I will never have one.

edit- apologies for off topic, at least i tried to include a pic huehuehue

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #8637 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 19:49:32 »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8638 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 19:50:11 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:03:54 by alienman82 »

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8640 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 19:54:23 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:03:47 by alienman82 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8641 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 19:55:21 »

Offline ika

« Reply #8642 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 19:55:56 »
Show Image

is that Gat Red Alert? The color balance is throwing me off here!

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #8643 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 20:00:32 »
Show Image

needs more gmk  :p

Gat pbt 2 gud

does the tab bother you?  I think it'd bother me

What's wrong with the tab?

Show Image

Suits the keyboard nicely :)

:D

Show Image

is that Gat Red Alert? The color balance is throwing me off here!

Colors not that off, the alphas and the 'Anada are a bit creamy. I just have some warm light at my desk.

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8644 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 20:01:42 »

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #8645 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 20:02:08 »
Show Image

The A'nada matched very well :thumb:

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #8646 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 20:03:54 »
Show Image

Gat pbt 2 gud

Think he's talking about the small dot on the bottom left of it.
Ah. I didn't data-vac it before taking a ****ty phone pic lol. Not a defect in the cap, just some hoodie fluff most likely.

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8647 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 20:04:32 »
Show Image

Gat pbt 2 gud

Think he's talking about the small dot on the bottom left of it.
Ah. I didn't data-vac it before taking a ****ty phone pic lol. Not a defect in the cap, just some hoodie fluff most likely.
haha, gave me a mini heartattack, that would annoy the hell out of me.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8648 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 20:12:16 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:03:44 by alienman82 »

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #8649 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 15:44:15 »

« Last Edit: Thu, 05 November 2015, 15:58:04 by meow a cat »

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)