Author Topic: Bro Caps Gallery (Stay on topic pls kthx)  (Read 4455693 times)

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
Re: Bro Caps Gallery (Stay on topic pls kthx)
« Reply #10050 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:45:05 »
Happy that I finally got my first bro, but recently found out it isn't even real :( why do so many people have to make fakes?! It just kills

How'd you find out it was a fake?

Offline dohbot

« Reply #10051 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:46:05 »
Happy that I finally got my first bro, but recently found out it isn't even real :( why do so many people have to make fakes?! It just kills
Oh no! How did you get it?
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #10052 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:47:13 »
Bro and Bunny themselves saw pics of it and said it was an obvious fake :/

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #10053 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:47:51 »

What was it that made it a fake? the design was off, the stem?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #10054 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:48:16 »

What was it that made it a fake? the design was off, the stem?

Apparently the bottom.

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #10055 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:50:30 »
Supposedly if the stem doesn't have 4 nubs then its a fake. Mine here looks flat

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #10056 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:52:37 »
Supposedly if the stem doesn't have 4 nubs then its a fake. Mine here looks flat

Yikes, hopefully you didn't pay too much for them.

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #10057 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:55:48 »

I payed $85 which was a damage to my wallet since I'm just a college student, but glad it wasn't $100+

Offline Hexterdude

« Reply #10058 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:56:13 »

That sucks mate, hope you weren't ripped off too hard. I just checked all my bros after reading that

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #10059 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:57:49 »

Who sold you that, by the way? You should definitely keep the community informed. You will notice the warped walls of the keycap there - mine never do that. Also, the non uniform wall thickness. This
is a cheap knockoff from the taobao sellers.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10060 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:00:23 »

I payed $85 which was a damage to my wallet since I'm just a college student, but glad it wasn't $100+

Ah, dang. You should contact the seller. Maybe they didn't know? Maybe they bought it off someone else?

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #10061 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:03:30 »

Who sold you that, by the way? You should definitely keep the community informed. You will notice the warped walls of the keycap there - mine never do that. Also, the non uniform wall thickness. This

Feels worse to find out that I payed so much for a 5 dollar knock off. Well, I got it from some dude on Ebay whom I unfortunately  trusted. He said he had bought it from another person, so I can't hold him responsible since he can say he had believed it was real as well.

Thanks for the heads up on whats wrong with the cap, Bro

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10062 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:05:24 »

Feels worse to find out that I payed so much for a 5 dollar knock off. Well, I got it from some dude on Ebay whom I unfortunately  trusted. He said he had bought it from another person, so I can't hold him responsible since he can say he had believed it was real as well.

Thanks for the heads up on whats wrong with the cap, Bro

Word for the new: Never buy off eBay. Well, more of a suggestion. If it's real, expect it to go for insane prices. If it's fake, they're doing it for a quick buck and avoid being found out on here or Reddit.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #10063 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:05:48 »
Sadly its just the state of things. It's why I implemented Tru-Bro ID's for everything new. If anyone is ever unsure about a trade, make sure you get clear photos of the entire cap. You can PM me the images if you arent sure.

Offline scubaste

« Reply #10064 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:06:06 »

That one thick wall was a real giveaway. I've never seen a Bro cap that didn't have uniform walls. I'm guessing this counterfeiter doesn't know how to make registration marks or is just too lazy.   

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #10065 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:06:16 »

Ah, dang. You should contact the seller. Maybe they didn't know? Maybe they bought it off someone else?

Yes, maybe I can ask who sold it to them and make sure nobody buys from them again.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #10066 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:09:01 »
If anyone is ever unsure about a trade, make sure you get clear photos of the entire cap. You can PM me the images if you arent sure.
Bro is a good person to do that, and take the time to reply.
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #10067 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:10:46 »
Sadly its just the state of things. It's why I implemented Tru-Bro ID's for everything new. If anyone is ever unsure about a trade, make sure you get clear photos of the entire cap. You can PM me the images if you arent sure.
Thanks Bro!

Also can you guys tell me how one may get a bbv2 without trading anything? I don't seem to have anything of value to trade anymore. How did everyone else get them after the bbv2 era had ended?

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10068 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:11:34 »

Have you considered going through PayPal and eBay to get a refund? If it is counterfeit, and wasn't advertised as such, you certainly have the ability to win that dispute.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #10069 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:12:30 »
if you paid through paypal, just dispute the transaction as misleading (fake goods) and force the seller to reverse the transaction. it'll be their problem to deal with then.

edit^ what he said. need to re-enable thread reply notifications =/

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #10070 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:17:22 »
Thanks Bro!

Also can you guys tell me how one may get a bbv2 without trading anything? I don't seem to have anything of value to trade anymore. How did everyone else get them after the bbv2 era had ended?

Just put out a wtb or wtt thread. There's a lot of nice people in this community that wouldn't mind helping you out, I am sure.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10071 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:18:00 »
If it is counterfeit, and wasn't advertised as such, you certainly have the ability to win that dispute.

Don't know how eBay holds restrictions on selling counterfeit caps. Counterfeit jewelry? Sure. Counterfeit designer purses? Absolutely.

Counterfeit artisan keycaps? They probably didn't know artisan keycaps were a thing!

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #10072 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:18:05 »
if you paid through paypal, just dispute the transaction as misleading (fake goods) and force the seller to reverse the transaction. it'll be their problem to deal with then.

Yes, it was through paypal. Would I still be able to get my money back even though he said he wasn't sure it was fake or not but he thought it was real? Even if the guy refuses to give my money back would paypal go through with it for me?

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10073 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:21:38 »
If it is counterfeit, and wasn't advertised as such, you certainly have the ability to win that dispute.

Don't know how eBay holds restrictions on selling counterfeit caps. Counterfeit jewelry? Sure. Counterfeit designer purses? Absolutely.

Counterfeit artisan keycaps? They probably didn't know artisan keycaps were a thing!

PayPal will stand behind anything counterfeit if you can prove it, which OP can.

Yes, it was through paypal. Would I still be able to get my money back even though he said he wasn't sure it was fake or not but he thought it was real? Even if the guy refuses to give my money back would paypal go through with it for me?

Even if the guy refuses you'll be fine. PayPal will take care of it.

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #10074 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:22:19 »
Thanks everyone for helping me out so far! I emailed the guy I bought it from, and am waiting for a response.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #10075 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:23:54 »

Paypal is very much on the buyers side. I would at least give it a shot.  I wouldn't buy from anyone in the future who are unsure of the authenticity of the product they're selling. I'm really sorry this happened to you man, and hopefully it all works out.  :thumb:
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline jshane

« Reply #10076 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:23:57 »

Paypal would do this in the past, but they're currently in the process of being sued for this.

Many buyers will claim fraud in some form or another and Paypal would freeze the funds or immediately issue the refund without forcing the buyer to return the item.

I settled with them after this did this with a 10k custom Evo engine (Harley motor) and a 7k transmission that the guy literally stole by forcing a refund from them and disappeared without ever returning the motor/tranny.

You got took. Just be smart about it in the future.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #10077 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:29:36 »
@Aubthedrummer
If you are in the UK I can send you a zombro I have for freesies, I don't use it and got it free myself so you can have that if you like, or alternately if you are outside the UK if your willing to pay just the shipping I'll send it to you still, But on two conditions 1. you don't sell it (You can totes trade it for something you want though) and 2. you become a more active member of the community.

Zombro pass along.

Just let me know if you want it :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #10078 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:29:55 »

PM me your address. I'll trade you a real BB for the fake one. I want to burn that ****.

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #10079 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:35:32 »
@Aubthedrummer
If you are in the UK I can send you a zombro I have for freesies, I don't use it and got it free myself so you can have that if you like, or alternately if you are outside the UK if your willing to pay just the shipping I'll send it to you still, But on two conditions 1. you don't sell it (You can totes trade it for something you want though) and 2. you become a more active member of the community.

Show Image

Zombro pass along.

Woah woah woah, this is so kind! I don't want you to do this if you don't want to!

Offline aubthedrummer

• Papa Bless^
« Reply #10080 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:36:51 »

PM me your address. I'll trade you a real BB for the fake one. I want to burn that ****.

You guys are being too kind! If this isn't a problem for you then that would make me extremely happy!! I want to burn this crap too!!! GAHHHH :'(

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #10081 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:37:41 »

Just don't inhale the fumes. I can't imagine resin is good for you.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10082 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:38:10 »

Paypal would do this in the past, but they're currently in the process of being sued for this.

Many buyers will claim fraud in some form or another and Paypal would freeze the funds or immediately issue the refund without forcing the buyer to return the item.

I settled with them after this did this with a 10k custom Evo engine (Harley motor) and a 7k transmission that the guy literally stole by forcing a refund from them and disappeared without ever returning the motor/tranny.

You got took. Just be smart about it in the future.

Kinda in the same situation. Someone bought two items from me in November for a total of $140. A couple of weekends ago I was issued a chargeback and PayPal froze the funds. I provided all the necessary information and I still haven't heard back. I contacted the buyer but haven't heard anything. He was a new buyer with zero feedback at the time, but I noticed there were a couple of sellers who left feedback for him so I contacted them. Sure enough, they got chargebacks as well. One of them now has a negative balance and can't use his PayPal account at all until he puts in above negative, which unfortunately was a lot more than me.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #10083 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:40:39 »
@Aubthedrummer

Show Image

Zombro pass along.

Woah woah woah, this is so kind! I don't want you to do this if you don't want to!
Nah I don't use it so its worth passing on, just let me know where you are like I said if your in the UK I'll post it free of charge but outside to like the US for example its £8 :X send me a PM anyway if you want it, or you could see what catman above said :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #10084 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:45:52 »

You guys are being too kind! If this isn't a problem for you then that would make me extremely happy!! I want to burn this crap too!!! GAHHHH :'(

Well go ahead and burn that.

Take Fire Brand's offer or my offer, whatever pleases you.

I just got your PM so i'll finish it there.

Offline toxicdrift

« Reply #10085 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:03:06 »
feels great to see such good support and to be a part of this community. top lads, fire brand & asdfjkl36. cheers guys

hope this kindness comes back double for both u guys this year.  :thumb:
Realforce 87U

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #10086 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:32:20 »
got that inadequate feeling following up vesper here..

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yotsuba! :)

Need to get volume 11 & a gamer set :p

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #10087 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:24:21 »
Dark Ice V1  :)

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10088 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:26:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Is that the Gateron Hangul set?

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #10089 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:28:11 »

Show Image

Show Image

No, Ivan's PBT R4 Miami Odessa.

The Gateron Hangul set looks really cool too! I'm tempted to get it, but I think this one looks nicer.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #10090 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 22:34:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

No, Ivan's PBT R4 Miami Odessa.

The Gateron Hangul set looks really cool too! I'm tempted to get it, but I think this one looks nicer.

Oh, ha ha. WOW I'M DUMB. Didn't even look at the legends.

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #10091 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 22:46:24 »
That's a really nice shade of blue!  I think my other half would like that :)

Is Vlad so much bigger than Cherokey?

It really is a nice blue. Yeah, it's a really big cap.

I think there is a theme with your colors.... That's pretty dope haha I just got the new zombro that color and I love it :D

I may like blue. A lot. ;)

Dude that stump is legit.  Bro needs to make you a blue Cherokey!

Haha thanks. Yeah stump is kind of neat.

;)

(Attachment Link)

Gimme.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #10092 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 22:48:13 »
Crosspost from my reddit trade thread, and the giveaway thread.

A couple meets.

They want to be together forever. It's a match made in heaven!

A jealous ex breaks in before vows are exchanged. How dramatic!

A drastic course of action.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #10093 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 23:09:36 »

A couple meets.

Show Image

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #10094 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 05:51:31 »
Just don't inhale the fumes. I can't imagine resin is good for you.

#420blazeit
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10095 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 05:54:17 »

A couple meets.

Show Image

Show Image

This made me LOL!!

Offline Pdub

« Reply #10096 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 06:17:59 »

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10097 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 07:39:22 »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #10098 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 07:43:22 »

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #10099 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 07:50:47 »