Author Topic: TX-series keyboards  (Read 323244 times)

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
TX-series keyboards
« on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:31:31 »
Let's have some potatoes first  ;D

TX is the 4th 5th keyboard from Kin-25, after 1800, 87/84, numpad and CP. Kin-25 is one of the most respected man in the Korean keyboard community. He had large amount of collection before he started filling a warehouse with (rejected?) TX boards. Let me check with him if he okay with me sharing the photos of his warehouse. He had offered many helps/advices in my very first TGR Jane buy, he certainly knows what makes custom keyboard awesome.

I always feel that TX is not getting enough attention outside Korea, or is it because of the TX-1800 incident? I understand the feeling looking at a pile keyboards and thinking that these boards are not good enough to be delivered, yet there's nothing you can do about it. Kin-25 has definitely learnt the lesson from the TX1800. Much like the TX-CP, most of the boards are partially/already made prior to the GB. As in maybe only waiting for the PCB and plate to be made, or waiting to be anodised. He told me that he already has many TX75 in his warehouse, not sure if he is going to sell them though. I am just here to spread some love.

Estimated price: 
- Basic kit 280$
- Brass switch plate +20$
- Brass weight +40$

As always, PCB was be designed by Leeku. The available colors are pretty the same as TX CP. Aluminum or SS plate for the basic kit. Please comment it if you have questions. As for now, more potatoes  :p :p

« Last Edit: Wed, 19 April 2017, 09:41:34 by yuktsi »
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline wodan

Re: [IC] TX-75 (best 75% of the year)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:34:45 »
Loved the CP ... gimme gimme gimme

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:41:55 »
money money money

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:43:58 »

Likewise!! Yes, please.  ;D

Offline Saiph

Re: [IC] TX-75 (best 75% of the year) trust me
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:47:10 »
Just when i was thinking what i should try to get after missing the 910 you bring this out. I want it :D (Though I'll definitely be back for 910 CE too)
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:49:48 by Saiph »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:47:20 »
That's actually a very nice layout, I'm gonna be dead broke before the end of the year with everything that's going to be coming out and I can't solder things myself so probably going to have to pass on this but it's definitely super interesting, glad to see Kin-25 get some more exposure outside of Asia (only heard of him and his work a few times before you opened this thread)!

Offline wodan

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:49:09 »

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:50:50 »
I'm down. I promise to behave  :p

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:57:49 »
God that's hot. I'll probably have to pass, but DAMN that's sexy.

I just realized how the asian community is pushing out ridiculously high quality custom boards left and right while the western community seems almost asleep compared to what is going on there.
Maybe I'll have to learn how to design a keyboard and do something against that someday

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:12:15 »

I just realized how the asian community is pushing out ridiculously high quality custom boards left and right while the western community seems almost asleep compared to what is going on there.
Maybe I'll have to learn how to design a keyboard and do something against that someday
Custom boards are easy man. You guys made the best keycaps and switches.

My collection

More

Offline Phenix

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:31:20 »
nice!
Please make the pcb split-spacebar compatible..
Winter is coming.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:37:41 »

Well, generally just creating the design files for yet-another-alu-TKL might be something that could be considered "easy". But going through finding and comparing factorys (without financially ruining yourself), setting up everything that has something to do with logistics, getting semi-accurate timeframes, etc. THAT is where the yet-another-alu-TKL gets really complicated really quick (I wouldn't even know how to find even one factory that would manufacture this stuff in a foreign country for a lot less than here in germany), especially when it is run by an individual (maybe with help of others) and not by a company.

If we get into the real-deal high end market case design isn't as simple anymore, and you know it yourself, sound plays a HUGE role in how the end package of the board feels, I wouldn't even know how a good sounding board should sound like, learning how to design that must be a huuge pita. And lastly, if you don't even want to make a "real-deal-high-end-TKL", but want to come up with a different layout that does not have PCB's readily available there is another thing you'd have to learn.
I did my research on this, and I know how friggin' much work goes into this, and I know that you know that as well. Don't just play it off like that, it's not easy, especially not for a first timer. Take pride in your work, please.
Every maker has my respect in that manner, kudos to everyone that made custom boards and ran GB's you guys rock  :thumb:

nice!
Looking at the last picture I'm certain it is.

Offline mathilda

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:45:31 »
I'm in!

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 15:00:57 »
Money ready, position has been assumed.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 15:24:31 »
nice!
Yeah, it is already split-spacebar compatible use standard 2u stabilisers
2.75x 1.0x 1.25x 2.25x
2.25x 1.0x 1.25x 2.75x

Basically you are use utilising the stabilisers holes for the 6.25x/7x spacebars and split the 6.25x spacebars into 3 parts.
I believe the idea came from either LZ or Leeku.

Well, generally just creating the design files for yet-another-alu-TKL might be something that could be considered "easy". But going through finding and comparing factorys (without financially ruining yourself), setting up everything that has something to do with logistics, getting semi-accurate timeframes, etc. THAT is where the yet-another-alu-TKL gets really complicated really quick (I wouldn't even know how to find even one factory that would manufacture this stuff in a foreign country for a lot less than here in germany), especially when it is run by an individual (maybe with help of others) and not by a company.

If we get into the real-deal high end market case design isn't as simple anymore, and you know it yourself, sound plays a HUGE role in how the end package of the board feels, I wouldn't even know how a good sounding board should sound like, learning how to design that must be a huuge pita. And lastly, if you don't even want to make a "real-deal-high-end-TKL", but want to come up with a different layout that does not have PCB's readily available there is another thing you'd have to learn.
I did my research on this, and I know how friggin' much work goes into this, and I know that you know that as well. Don't just play it off like that, it's not easy, especially not for a first timer. Take pride in your work, please.
Every maker has my respect in that manner, kudos to everyone that made custom boards and ran GB's you guys rock  :thumb:

nice!
Looking at the last picture I'm certain it is.
I started by getting some boards made through my Chinese friend. The quality wasn't up to my expectations and I had to re-anodize it in Malaysia. That's when I get to know some machining factories through the introduction of the anodising guy.

The process of trying out different boards, finding the typing feels you love and understand different boards is exciting. Although aesthetic and typing feel are something very personal, but I strongly believe one should at least go through the process and find their love, before they start sharing their creation. That's probably the reason why I had taken down the drawings that I shared earlier, but I am still available to help like how Kin-25 had helped me before. The later process is tough, it will consumes lot of your time (Kin-25's wife is very supportive, but she still complains a lot haha), it drains you mentally/physically or maybe even financially. But it is rewarding, knowing people are loving what you love, making new friends and all <3

My collection

More

Offline oatsbagotes

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 15:55:38 »
Very interested, especially since 910 slipped out of my hands and  I need a TX board

Sent from hand cannon

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 15:57:55 »
You can always count on me.

Offline aurora

• life
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 16:09:15 »
I personally love his boards. Especially the rose gold colour.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 17:09:22 »
Can the PCB support 3x 1u keys to the right of the spacebar like the Leeku MX1800? That's my preferred layout on a 75%!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 17:16:17 »
Ready to sell my Octagon for this..
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 17:29:40 »
I always feel that TX is not getting enough attention outside Korea, or is it because of the TX-1800 incident? I understand the feeling looking at a pile keyboards and thinking that these boards are not good enough to be delivered, yet there's nothing you can do about it. Kin-25 has definitely learnt the lesson from the TX1800.

YES, that is why there is little interest from here in the West for any of his proposed designs simply because of his first blunder committed here on Geekhack Central.

He has to now step carefully because that 1800TX mistake will hang over his head for the entire time simply due to those who have been through it  Felt sorry for him because finding a trustworthy manufacturer is difficult at best but the ones that still carry a very trustworthy presence within Korea are still there, Kin-25 has to find them.

Have dealt with another Korean in the past and everything he says come true with no excuses whatsoever, so when it comes to believing what is posted here on Geekhack - LZ is the one I trust above all else when it comes to delivering  unique Aluminium Keyboard Designs for the community.

Not saying for everyone here to avoid Kin-25 but if he is to be trusted again with people's money and to trust him to actually deliver a high quality product, then you need to concentrate on those who joined Geekhack recently as they haven't heard anything about what Kin-25 did in his first Group Buy.  Hope this time his design proposal comes through and everything goes perfectly.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 18:53:06 »
It's a shame that kin's design is under appreciated here, simply because of TX1800 problems. Having had boards from Duck Oktagon, LZ-RV, ZZ96, JD45, and having seen  Dolphin in real world (not in photos), kin's anodizing job is simply the best as far as I know. No, I haven't seen TGR anodizing job, so I can't comment you on that, but I trust jokrik's words that kin's job is even better and TGR's, so there you go.

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 19:07:26 »
maybe i will wait tx-75 after definitely not get a spot in tgr910 haha

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 19:19:47 »
I'm in tell me where to sign up  :D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 20:02:37 »
It's a shame that kin's design is under appreciated here, simply because of TX1800 problems.

To be fair even though the TX1800 fell though for me he did re-pay back in full my money that I sent him originally for that Group Buy, so all in all Kin-25 is a man that is actually honest.

If he can't provide the keyboard he will refund in full so he is head and shoulders above all other thieving felchers here, like IvanIvanovich.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 20:09:45 »
So, how many slots for this?

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 20:21:16 »
The case has a very Chinese designer style if that makes sense. Reminds me of this

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 21:07:08 »
The case has a very Chinese designer style if that makes sense. Reminds me of this

Show Image

Wat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline gandroider

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 22:17:59 »
Count me in.. Will this be open shortly? Or Early next year, maybe?

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 00:20:48 »
I am in, but you already know that Yuktsi

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 00:39:03 »
interested and hopefully i get a spot here :D

HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 02:07:48 »
Kin's boards are best boards

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 02:08:59 »

Show Image

who is she  :-* :-* :-*
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 02:11:11 »

Show Image

ಠ_ಠ

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 02:12:10 »

Show Image

ಠ_ಠ
Oh nvm.I googled it . :-* :-*
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 02:13:31 »

Show Image

ಠ_ಠ
Oh nvm.I googled it . :-* :-*

why the emoji? makes it so much creepier man.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:12:25 »
The first pictures don't look like there are any fancy LEDs, but the other ones clearly do. How does that work?

I own 2 TX boards and am very very interested in making this my third.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:48:17 »
In for 1, same color as my TX87 plz

Offline nocturalowl

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 05:05:56 »
Definitely in for one 75% love  :-*

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 07:32:01 »
If it's as good as my tkl, then this will be fireeeee

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:57:48 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:32:50 by alienman82 »

Offline joey

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 11:05:28 »
:)) can we trust you?  But serious question, who is behind TX?  Who designed this?  I actually don't know.
It says in the first post :P

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 11:07:51 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:32:48 by alienman82 »

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 02:26:49 »
So many nice boards coming out and not enough money. Wallet took a hit with the Viper GB. :(

Offline gaiden

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 05:06:13 »
How is this comparing to Octagon v2? Can someone provide some pros/cons of both or just a feature comparison? Thanks!

Offline Petch

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 07:52:35 »
Interested, if it's in a month  :)

Offline ntw

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 08:06:47 »
ripping our wallets one keyboards at a time
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 13:12:36 »
I've got an Octagon V2. My favourite board and layout (although I only owe 2 Korean customs). So I would also be very interested. I would however like some more info about the board, features etc.

Offline richard912

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 00:10:02 »
Must resist.......

Offline poolside

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 16:58:28 »