geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Yet another ergonomic keyboard

(1/7) > >>

Dox:
I remember when I created the ErgoDox, custom ergonomic keyboards were few and far between.
Nowadays, it seems like every configuration have been tried. I wanted something easier to transport than my ErgoDox while maintaining a few key aspect.

I built something along the lines of the Atreus62 but modified it with 64 key layout and non-staggered columns.
I realized that the staggered columns didn't make a big difference for me but the fact that the halves were not tented was a big downside.

So I decided to designed something from scratch.

Prerequisite:
   1 piece
   USB C
   ortholinear
   7 degree slope
   12 degree split
   5 degree tent
   Dedicated F1-F12 keys
   QMK Compatible
   Compatible with most keycap set

Here is what I came up with;

I still need to complete the PCB design but I'm almost there. It's good to be back to building keyboards  :)

Let me know what you think!

fpazos:
It looks really nice and convenient. I like it despite prefering fully splited keebs

Edit: It's amazing. Everytime I see something new I like it more

Blitzschnitzel:
Very cool! Only the asymmetry off the case would bug me. Are those three separate PCBs with jumper wires in between?

kurplop:
Good to see you back. I was wondering if you’d ever resurface. You’re the sperm whale of the keyboard community. Your design looks sound. Just a little tenting helps a lot and the 12 degree skew is a good compromise with a one piece board.👍👍

Afterthought: I do question your getting away from the staggered columns. I find it to be a pretty important feature. Did you not like them, or do you prefer the space saving or simplicity of the straight design?

equalunique:
IT'S PERFECT. PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A THING.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version