geekhack Marketplace > Member Auction Links

[Closed][EBAY] RARE IBM Model M SpaceSaver 1397681 Keyboard Tenkeyless w/AT 1993

(1/2) > >>

aegrotatio:
I've been on this forum a long time.

I'm selling one of my unused but unboxed IBM Model M SpaceSavers here if you want to get it. It is a 1993 with an IBM/AT interface easily adapted to PS/2.

I love this forum. I traded one my cherished Monterey SIIG Minitouch keyboards for an equivalent non-Monterey several years ago and have fond memories of being here.

Thanks, and God bless!

aegrotatio:
I have a couple more Model M SpaceSavers that I will be selling if this auction is successful.  I bought them new in the box over a decade ago just like this one but didn't think to keep the original box for those darn collectors.

pixelpusher:
I own a few fullsize and one SSK.  I absolutely love the SSK but it's missing some rivets on the arrow cluster that make it not so snappy. I've always been afraid to bolt mod it.  I might be interested in one of your boxless boards if you sell them.  I've never been too picky about having the original box.   :))

E TwentyNine:

--- Quote from: pixelpusher on Mon, 14 December 2020, 00:03:06 ---I own a few fullsize and one SSK.  I absolutely love the SSK but it's missing some rivets on the arrow cluster that make it not so snappy. I've always been afraid to bolt mod it.  I might be interested in one of your boxless boards if you sell them.  I've never been too picky about having the original box.   :))

--- End quote ---

You don't need to bolt mod when the arrow cluster rivets go.   Just wedge layers of folded paper under the assembly until it tightens up (but not so much that it snaps the tab holding the assembly down).  You can do this with the top off, adding a layer til the keys are more responsive, then button it up.

pixelpusher:

--- Quote from: E TwentyNine on Mon, 14 December 2020, 07:25:05 ---
--- Quote from: pixelpusher on Mon, 14 December 2020, 00:03:06 ---I own a few fullsize and one SSK.  I absolutely love the SSK but it's missing some rivets on the arrow cluster that make it not so snappy. I've always been afraid to bolt mod it.  I might be interested in one of your boxless boards if you sell them.  I've never been too picky about having the original box.   :))

--- End quote ---

You don't need to bolt mod when the arrow cluster rivets go.   Just wedge layers of folded paper under the assembly until it tightens up (but not so much that it snaps the tab holding the assembly down).  You can do this with the top off, adding a layer til the keys are more responsive, then button it up.

--- End quote ---

I’ll give it a shot!  Thanks for the tip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version