Author Topic: [IC] ePBT BoW Cyrillic - On Indefinite Hold  (Read 30336 times)

Offline Mikhail

Re: [IC] ePBT BoW Cyrillic - Awaiting Samples Pre-GB
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 16:40:16 »
Would be good to see latin subletters with Cyrillic main!
Why nobody make Capslocks (1.5, 1.25) for left Control position? Not onle HHKB users uses that =)

Offline Evasive

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 10:28:16 »
Why nobody make Capslocks (1.5, 1.25) for left Control position? Not onle HHKB users uses that =)

I think Cyrillic alphas with no sublegends would look cleaner.

Offline Mikhail

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 10:53:56 »

I think Cyrillic alphas with no sublegends would look cleaner.

Then why needs Latin with Cyrillic subs?

Offline Evasive

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 11:35:47 »

For the degens who can't touch type
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 January 2022, 11:39:36 by Evasive »

Offline Mikhail

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 12:09:23 »

For the degens who can't touch type

So, needs cyrillic only + cyrillic with latin subs.

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 10:37:43 »
I personally don't see why the extra tab is in the mods, because you could buy an alphas kit to put on another epbt set with the same white color and use the extra tab, but if you just buy one mod kit and one alphas kit, there is no use for the extra tab. The way I see it is that more people are going to buy a separate alphas kit to go with their mods from another set than somebody buying a mods kit for a random set of extra alphas that most people wouldn't have in the first place. If this could change, would deffo be in for a Cyrillic alphas kit.

The extra tab is included in the mods because if you buy more than one alpha kit you can use one mod kit for two boards (i.e. a tkl and a 60%). The alphas as they currently are will work just fine if you want to mix them with mods from a different set.

Yeah sorry I don't think I'm going to change the Latin + Cyrillic kit at this point. I think its more familiar for people who want sublegends - I also toyed with the idea of Cyrillic primary legends with Latin sublegends and it just didn't aesthetically work for me. As for the bottom row caps locks - I think they're cool and to me make a lot of sense, but it's not very common. I'll consider adding those keys in, but we'll see after I get pricing for the current kitting before I make any further additions.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 January 2022, 10:39:16 by nu_types »

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 11:30:06 »
I personally don't see why the extra tab is in the mods, because you could buy an alphas kit to put on another epbt set with the same white color and use the extra tab, but if you just buy one mod kit and one alphas kit, there is no use for the extra tab. The way I see it is that more people are going to buy a separate alphas kit to go with their mods from another set than somebody buying a mods kit for a random set of extra alphas that most people wouldn't have in the first place. If this could change, would deffo be in for a Cyrillic alphas kit.

The extra tab is included in the mods because if you buy more than one alpha kit you can use one mod kit for two boards (i.e. a tkl and a 60%). The alphas as they currently are will work just fine if you want to mix them with mods from a different set.

This is correct, but adding the extra tab into the alphas works just as well for buying multiple alphas kits. If you had the tab in the alphas, you could buy one mod kit and three alphas kits and have two of the alphas kits working with the mod kit from this set as well as the third alpha kit being able to fit a 60% with extra mods from another keyset.

With the tab being in the mods kit, I can't use the alphas kit with extra mods from another set, which I would be able to do if it was in the alphas.

If other sets started to do this type of kitting with the extra tab being in the mods, then yes it would be just fine, but all of the sets that use this same color white in this set, have not done that.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 January 2022, 11:34:04 by Neely_12 »

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 11:44:13 »

This is correct, but adding the extra tab into the alphas works just as well for buying multiple alphas kits. If you had the tab in the alphas, you could buy one mod kit and three alphas kits and have two of the alphas kits working with the mod kit from this set as well as the third alpha kit being able to fit a 60% with extra mods from another keyset.

With the tab being in the mods kit, I can't use the alphas kit with extra mods from another set, which I would be able to do if it was in the alphas.

If other sets started to do this type of kitting with the extra tab being in the mods, then yes it would be just fine, but all of the sets that use this same color white in this set, have not done that.

If I added the tabs to the alphas I would have to add two tabs to the alphas (vs one additional key in the modifier kits). I dont think it makes sense to do this on the off chance that someone wants to use the alphas with mods from another set but they're missing the tab key for some reason.

I'm optimizing kitting for my set, the ability to use the alphas with mods from another set is just an added bonus.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 January 2022, 11:50:02 by nu_types »

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 11:50:53 »

If I added the tabs to the alphas (vs one key in the modifier kits) I would have to add two tabs to the alphas because there are two modifier options. I dont think it makes sense to do this on the off chance that someone wants to use the alphas with mods from another set but they're missing the tab key for some reason.

I'm optimizing kitting for my set, the ability to use the alphas with mods from another set is just an added bonus.

Makes sense. Prob will still pick up the alphas kit anyways. Good luck!

Offline whee74

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 14:14:11 »
very clean and nice. GLWIC

Offline blur410

• Memewhile in World of Tanks...
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 19 February 2022, 07:36:32 »
Kinda hoping this set has its GB delayed, I'll likely be moving around the end of the year but still want a set.
Keyboard Ownership History: Dynex(Rubber dome chicklet keys)-EXTINCT, Macbook Air 2016(Scissor switch)-ACTIVE, Razer Ornata(Mecha-membrane)-EXTINCT, Corsair K68 RGB(Cherry MX Reds)-RETIRED, Razer Tartarus Pro(Razer optical analog)-RETIRED, Idobao ID-75(NK Creams)-SHELF, HHKB Pro 3 Classic(Topre BKE MX Mount)-ACTIVE, New Model F62(Capacitive buckling springs)-ACTIVE, Realforce 23UB(Topre)-ACTIVE, BM60-RGBEC w/KBDFANS 5 Degree Case(NK BOX Pinks)-SHELF, Focus 2001 (Alps White)-SHELF, Unidentified Vintage MX Black Board-SHELF

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
Re: [IC] ePBT BoW Cyrillic - On Indefinite Hold
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 20:46:00 »
After some thought, I've decided to put this set on indefinite hold. For full transparency, the reason I'm doing this is because a few weeks prior to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, Funkeys, a Ukrainian vendor agreed to be a proxy for the set. Out of respect for them and the current global situation, I'm holding off on doing anything for this set, and I may rethink it entirely. I spoke with them not long ago just to see if they were ok, but that was it. I feel like the last thing I should be doing is bothering them about running a keyset.

I realize this may disappoint some people, and considering the amount of time I've invested in the legends and kitting, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't, too. But it just doesn't feel right to continue working on this set right now.

Right now I'm just hoping and praying that this war comes to an end, and that everyone at Funkeys and their loved ones remains safe.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 March 2022, 20:47:46 by nu_types »