geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

How to contribute to the Wiki

<< < (3/3)

rknize:
I think we all agree with that.  There are other options with MW that we are exploring.

1391401:
what's the reservation?  Mediawiki allows users to do a lot and they don't have to be sysop. 

iMav:

--- Quote from: Djuzuh on Mon, 30 July 2012, 16:48:14 ---I don't trust the wiki's lifetime and I don't trust the GH staff to give me some options over the content I put on this site if I ever get into some sort of trouble with the staff.

I also don't like the closeness of the wiki, with the whole needs to be trusted before editting thing. And I don't like the fact that the information is split over multiple sites.

I'm sorry to say this, but to me the DT wiki is just a lot more appealing, for the reasons I just mentionned.

--- End quote ---

Then feel free not to contribute.

1391401:
I agree - a wiki will never grow if we have to create a new topic here to upload an image or a new topic here to create a new page or a new page in a namespace other than Main in hopes that it gets promoted to a real page - wikis are supposed to be open

rknize:
As I've stated, we ultimately want to make it as open as possible.  We are still doing a lot of work on various parts of the site behind the scenes.  For now, this is what we have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version