geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

TMK USB to USB keyboard converter

<< < (170/184) > >>

nahuel:
I'm evaluating using this converter with the Tex Shinobi Keyboard. This keyboard has a trackpoint in it. Is Hasu compatible? I doubt if the mouse events coming from the trackpoint will be passed to the PC.

Lucky_Marsupial:
I have a converter working with my keyboard. I'm trying to use home row modifiers, which I was using successfully before with an Atreus, but I got the converter so I could try home row modifiers with my Unicomp buckling spring. They are not working well, and I want to adjust the tapping term as described here: https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/FAQ-Keymap#tap-keydual-role-key-doesnt-work-for-me The problem is that I am really out of my depth on most keyboard things (think old man / non-programmer / Win 10 / MS Office user) and I am programming the layout using the TMK Keymap Editor page to create the hex file. I don't see a place to adjust the tapping term there, and I can't imagine figuring out how to compile the hex file from a text file layout. Is it possible to increase the tapping term using the editor web site? Or is it actually easy to create the hex file on my Win 10 machine without installing a Linux VM or doing lots of command line stuff? Or am I just out of luck? Thanks for any help.

hasu:

--- Quote from: Lucky_Marsupial on Fri, 02 September 2022, 21:02:52 ---I have a converter working with my keyboard. I'm trying to use home row modifiers, which I was using successfully before with an Atreus, but I got the converter so I could try home row modifiers with my Unicomp buckling spring. They are not working well, and I want to adjust the tapping term as described here: https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/FAQ-Keymap#tap-keydual-role-key-doesnt-work-for-me The problem is that I am really out of my depth on most keyboard things (think old man / non-programmer / Win 10 / MS Office user) and I am programming the layout using the TMK Keymap Editor page to create the hex file. I don't see a place to adjust the tapping term there, and I can't imagine figuring out how to compile the hex file from a text file layout. Is it possible to increase the tapping term using the editor web site? Or is it actually easy to create the hex file on my Win 10 machine without installing a Linux VM or doing lots of command line stuff? Or am I just out of luck? Thanks for any help.

--- End quote ---

I'll look into how to change the setting without recompilation when I have some time, but currently you have to build firmware yourself unfrotunately.

Installling VM looks to me the easisest way but other option for windows is 'Windows Subsystem for Linux'(WSL). But you can't avoid command line interface. I don't know much about and didn't try other options and possibilities myself.

See these for firmware build.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/Build-on-Ubuntu-On-Windows10
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki#build-on-windows

suicidal_orange:
I've just compiled the default usb_usb firmaware with the tapping term change as it seemed like an easy way for Lucky_Marsupial to solve his problem but when I load it on the editor website the keymap is blank.  The keymap loads as expected for the shipped binary version though, so seems I'm doing something wrong?

hasu:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sat, 03 September 2022, 05:58:37 ---I've just compiled the default usb_usb firmaware with the tapping term change as it seemed like an easy way for Lucky_Marsupial to solve his problem but when I load it on the editor website the keymap is blank.  The keymap loads as expected for the shipped binary version though, so seems I'm doing something wrong?

--- End quote ---

You can use make file 'Makefile.unimap' to make firmware compatible to the Keymap Editor.

--- Code: ---$ make -f Makefile.unimap clean
$ make -f Makefile.unimap

--- End code ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version