Author Topic: [IC] GMK Copper - Group Buy January 13th, Cables, Artisans and Giveaways  (Read 45289 times)

Offline Winster

Re: [IC] GMK Copper - Massive Updates - Renders, Novelties, Vendors
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 10:41:05 »
Is it possible to include a R1 1u back key as well please? For those who spilt their backspaces.

I will review all the key requests and update the forum for any updates once all the feedback is in, thanks for the info, I have noticed that no other sets including basic ortho/40s support have this, can you use another guy in its place? Possibly "-" and "delete"?
 ;D ;D

Thank you. Very few kits in the past has this key. Mostly those with a large base kit. For example Deep space, carbon, Dracula has this key. It would be great to have it. Regardless I will go for this set. Irresistible copper.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 16:01:01 »
Ok couple of things here

Firstly - love the set, cant wait to see more renders.

Secondly, please dont change the R3 #~ to \|. Boards look terrible with two of the same key on. I see no reason to change from the standard R3 #~ and R4 |\ which we have seen in most base kits recently, but if you must change it then please change the R4 key to the >< key seen in Nines for example. The R3 |\ key only supports US ISO which is the lowest denominator for the lowest layout adoption.

Tbh, I rarely ask for full UK ISO unless I really love a set; and I'd love that to be here but I can understand the challenge against it.

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 13 November 2019, 23:00:10 »
Love how this came together, from the initial design to your taking feedback, and the very cool and thoughtful novelties. I only noticed you were Canadian when I saw that you had a Canadian vendor--I'm in Newfoundland (technically Labrador currently) myself--look forward to buying all three kits as well as a deskmat, funding-willing. Any chance you'll go all in with a custom cable as well? I'm a steampunk guy so this set is pushing all of my buttons... give me ALL THE THINGS to buy. LOL

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 00:40:05 »
Is it possible to include a R1 1u back key as well please? For those who spilt their backspaces.

I will review all the key requests and update the forum for any updates once all the feedback is in, thanks for the info, I have noticed that no other sets including basic ortho/40s support have this, can you use another guy in its place? Possibly "-" and "delete"?
 ;D ;D

Thank you. Very few kits in the past has this key. Mostly those with a large base kit. For example Deep space, carbon, Dracula has this key. It would be great to have it. Regardless I will go for this set. Irresistible copper.

Awesome great to hear! And thanks for the feedback

Love how this came together, from the initial design to your taking feedback, and the very cool and thoughtful novelties. I only noticed you were Canadian when I saw that you had a Canadian vendor--I'm in Newfoundland (technically Labrador currently) myself--look forward to buying all three kits as well as a deskmat, funding-willing. Any chance you'll go all in with a custom cable as well? I'm a steampunk guy so this set is pushing all of my buttons... give me ALL THE THINGS to buy. LOL

Thanks its been a great journey. Working on a cable option to so stay tuned to the IC, updates including other surprises will be coming!! Great to see a fellow Canadian in the hobby, and appreciate your enthusiasm for the set!!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2019, 00:47:51 by fatboycarney »

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 00:46:12 »
Ok couple of things here

Firstly - love the set, cant wait to see more renders.

Secondly, please dont change the R3 #~ to \|. Boards look terrible with two of the same key on. I see no reason to change from the standard R3 #~ and R4 |\ which we have seen in most base kits recently, but if you must change it then please change the R4 key to the >< key seen in Nines for example. The R3 |\ key only supports US ISO which is the lowest denominator for the lowest layout adoption.

Tbh, I rarely ask for full UK ISO unless I really love a set; and I'd love that to be here but I can understand the challenge against it.

Firstly thank you so much!! Great to hear you love the set, I am humbled.  More renders are coming as soon as I can get them!

Secondly, thanks for this, I have updated the main page base kit note and will keep the R3 #~, there is a lot of information on the site and differing opinions on what should represent minimum physical ISO, I am glad you spoke up and let me know your thoughts.

I will look into all things ISO, I am trying to keep the base kit price down as much as I can so cant promise full UK ISO but I can certainly investigate further.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 14 November 2019, 14:18:48 »
I will look into all things ISO, I am trying to keep the base kit price down as much as I can so cant promise full UK ISO but I can certainly investigate further.

This explanation of the backslash-pipe key was recently mentioned in another IC - http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/Why-Do-Keycap-Sets-have-so-many-Copies-of-the-Backslash-Pipe-Key/

Offline whyamihere

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 09:41:10 »
Really disappointed this is on Kono but... I LOVE this set so I'll probably just bite the bullet

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 20:14:24 »

This explanation of the backslash-pipe key was recently mentioned in another IC - http://www.farah.cl/Keyboardery/Why-Do-Keycap-Sets-have-so-many-Copies-of-the-Backslash-Pipe-Key/

Thanks very interesting read

Really disappointed this is on Kono but... I LOVE this set so I'll probably just bite the bullet

Thank you, appreciate the love!! Teaser below, will be adding some more renders to the OP

230285-0

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 20:41:40 »

Thanks very interesting read

Glad to be of help.  But all the credit goes to depletedvespene, who's signature contains this and other interesting links.

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK Copper - Additional renders added!!
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 22 November 2019, 09:07:52 »
Hey everyone, really need your help to pick from these 2 amazing Deskmat designs, Please fill out the form here

https://forms.gle/Ky68Dh99mKexvAx97

Simple
230559-0

Wild
230561-1

Offline bliss

Re: [IC] GMK Copper - Deskmat Feedback needed, Please help and complete the form!
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 24 November 2019, 16:21:26 »
Wow, this looks awesome on the TKL...

The alpha color 7522-C is absolutely amazing, and that R4 Cu novelty!

Thanks, now I'm torn between 4 GMK sets for my TKL - provided the ISO situation is suitably embraced  ;)
I love that kind of a luxury problem... :cool:

Offline kgorin

• Formerly aka_gk
Re: [IC] GMK Copper - Deskmat Feedback needed, Please help and complete the form!
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 09:03:37 »
Wild 😍

Offline whyamihere

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 09:28:37 »
Wild for sure

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 25 November 2019, 21:26:40 »

Thanks, now I'm torn between 4 GMK sets for my TKL - provided the ISO situation is suitably embraced  ;)

Thank you very much, see the updated base kit and I expect you will be pleased.

Update: I posted an update to the OP with new base kit render with a couple new keys, decision on the deskmats (Thanks for the amazing turnout on feedback) and GB is set for January!!

Want to take a quick moment and thank everyone who has helped me, this IC has gone from a very limited offering to something I am very proud of and I couldnt done it with any of you! Now on to hype this set and get ready for GB

Offline bliss

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 09:07:01 »

Update: I posted an update to the OP with new base kit render with a couple new keys, decision on the deskmats (Thanks for the amazing turnout on feedback) and GB is set for January!!

Want to take a quick moment and thank everyone who has helped me, this IC has gone from a very limited offering to something I am very proud of and I couldnt done it with any of you! Now on to hype this set and get ready for GB

You're da man - thank you!

One key makes all the difference sometimes... Actually everyone will be pleased, but some don't know it yet  ;)

Thanks again and GLWGB!

Offline whyamihere

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 12:37:53 »

Looks fantastic. Gonna be a sleeper set of the year I think.

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
Re: [IC] GMK Copper - Updated Base Kit, Deskmat update and GB set for January!!
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 28 November 2019, 21:51:27 »
This really does look good. Count me in.

Am going to go with Base + Novelties, Extra patina is not to my liking really. Love the color accent and octopus / circuit design for the novelties.

Thinking of either doing a brushed copper face plate for a build around these or Silk Copper PLA / 70% Copper PETG with a smooth matte polish for these.

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 29 November 2019, 01:55:29 »
Would love a NorDe kit for this, but I realise that is highly unlikely. Starting to give up on that kit, but if you don't ask you definitely don't get it :)

Love the copper colors! Hope it turns out great.

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 23:20:40 »

Looks fantastic. Gonna be a sleeper set of the year I think.

Thanks and that would be very cool!!

This really does look good. Count me in.

Am going to go with Base + Novelties, Extra patina is not to my liking really. Love the color accent and octopus / circuit design for the novelties.

Thinking of either doing a brushed copper face plate for a build around these or Silk Copper PLA / 70% Copper PETG with a smooth matte polish for these.
Awesome thanks for the interest, those board ideas sound amazing, would love to see them when it all comes together!!

You're da man - thank you!

One key makes all the difference sometimes... Actually everyone will be pleased, but some don't know it yet  ;)

Thanks again and GLWGB!
For sure thanks for all the feedback, its much appreciated

Would love a NorDe kit for this, but I realise that is highly unlikely. Starting to give up on that kit, but if you don't ask you definitely don't get it :)

Love the copper colors! Hope it turns out great.

Thanks for asking, unfortunately it just wont happen as the interest just isnt there, and making MOQ on those sets is extremely difficult. I wish I could.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like the set!!

So sharing a new render since I was so slow to get back to you all, since some of you may be in for the raffle for the 2 keycult boards that went up today

Keycult No. 1/65 rendered by janglad
231315-0

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK Copper - First Artisan Announced! GB set for January!!
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 21:46:17 »
So excited to share this, these keycaps speak for themselves, Salvun has created something unique for GMK Copper

231459-0

231461-1

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 09 December 2019, 23:30:40 »
Whoa! Gorgeous!

So excited to share this, these keycaps speak for themselves, Salvun has created something unique for GMK Copper

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Offline BrainBunker

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 01:24:58 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Oh, those are good, very good.

Offline infinitykw

• Amazed by the beauty of industrial design
    • zFrontier Profile
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 10 December 2019, 01:51:34 »
I hate to say that now I like the deskmat (second and third) and the artisan cap more than the set itself lol

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 09:44:30 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Oh, those are good, very good.

Whoa! Gorgeous!

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I hate to say that now I like the deskmat (second and third) and the artisan cap more than the set itself lol

Thanks for all the great feedback on the Salvun caps, expect some updates on those as well hopefully soon!

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK Copper - Pricing Announced! GB set for January 13th
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 20:25:31 »
Hi all,

Thanks for the continued feedback via the IC form. More updates, Locked in date for GB of January 13th to let people recover from the holidays and final pricing added to OP.

Things to come, more renders still, more artisans and cable updates!!

Offline Saigonn

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 16:13:41 »
Looks awesome!

Really digging the theme and the colors for the alphas and accents, still on the fence about the modifiers :P maybe a tad to dark

Hoping there will be a 40's/ortho set. Since those users will lose the ability to have a accent color on their enter and spacebar(s).

Good luck with the progress!

Offline hansikhouse

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 10:37:28 »
Ready to pick up a base. GLWS!

Offline krautcat

• local the flammable man without identity
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 11:37:10 »
Very excited with keyset. But still looking for more renders with redish and rose gold keyboards. Don't know whether it'll will be good match with crimson red (a-la Noxary 280) keyboard. But it's good we can cover Lynx L50 with Copper.

Offline BrainBunker

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 13:12:14 »
Will the Salvun artisan be run simultaneously with the set and sold from the same vendor? Also, will it be unlimited? Just want to make sure I shouldn't be watching someone's instagram looking for a raffle or anything. If there is any pricing info on the artisan, that would be great info, too. Thanks!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 22:16:46 »
Will the Salvun artisan be run simultaneously with the set and sold from the same vendor? Also, will it be unlimited? Just want to make sure I shouldn't be watching someone's instagram looking for a raffle or anything. If there is any pricing info on the artisan, that would be great info, too. Thanks!

Yes simultaneously and sold by vendors. Unlimited for duration of Group Buy. Pricing coming soon!!!

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 00:10:28 »
Wanted to provide a little update on custom USB cables, I have been asked a number of times if there will be cables and the answer is a definite yes.

Now the cables will be done by CruzCtrl (Josh) and the creative ideas that he has come up with are just amazing, and we continue to work through things. At this time it looks like there may be 2 options, a more standard group buy like cable, but there will also be a second premium cable that involves an additional collaborator. (maybe a GB first in USB cabledom)
This premium cable will be limited, and as of our plan now will likely be offered as a raffle for confirmed base kit buyers. (I wish we could do one for everyone  :( )

More to come, the above is subject to change but wanted to give some details and let you know this is actively being worked on and the results I am seeing are fantastic and I hope you all feel the same when I get to share more details and images.

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK Copper - Group Buy January 13th, Cables, Artisans and Giveaways
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 08 January 2020, 20:25:20 »
Wanted to provide a final IC update as we approach Group Buy going live on January 13th. Things are still happening in the background to line up the final pieces of the Group Buy and here is a small summary

Artisans - Announcements will be coming as soon as things are finalised. Some will be announced at the start of the Group Buy and others may come during the Group Buy so make sure you pay close attention to all the communication methods if you are interested.

New artisan sneak peak in updated OP

Salvun Caps - The plan is to have 2 different caps available, the plan is to have these launch on all vendor sites along with the set, If there is any delay I will be on top of providing updates

Cables - Custom cables will be part of the Group Buy, I have mentioned in other posts you may have seen that some really new and amazing creative ideas. The plan is also to have all the cable info launch with the GB but there could be delays outside of our control so cables may be posted slightly later. Sales will be done through CruzCtrl and all details will be made available.

Giveaways - I have a number of ideas for giveaways, but not ready to announce them just yet, these announcements will come in the GB post and then further possible giveaways will continue to be announced everywhere I can.

One thing I want to make clear around giveaways is that entry into any giveaway will require the purchase of a base kit (I am doing everything I can to hit MOQ) . Once you have purchased a base kit any new giveaways announced afterwards you will be eligible to participate in. So essentially getting in early maximizes your giveaway opportunities.

Now that being said I know some may need to wait til later in the buy so I will be spreading giveaways out to give everyone an opportunity to get in on something.

Thanks for all the support by so many people, and looking forward to going into the Group Buy stage!
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 January 2020, 20:29:17 by fatboycarney »

Offline kralcifer

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 11:47:32 »
what time tomorrow?

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 22:45:35 »
what time tomorrow?
Depending on region it is starting to roll out already, DeskHero is live, others will follow.

Also on another note GB post i had hoped would be up but have had some issues with the page, not sure whats happening but I get a 503 error, if anyone has experience if you can PM me that would be great. I have pm'd a mod and posted in the bug report section.

uploaded a smaller version and then was able to add to that so GB post is submitted and awaiting approval!!!
Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 January 2020, 23:31:35 by fatboycarney »

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 18:48:57 »
Group Buy is Live
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104202.0

This thread will be locked