Author Topic: Truly Ergonomic Layout Editor - yay!  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Sciurid89

Truly Ergonomic Layout Editor - yay!
« on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 10:08:59 »
I recently picked up a Truly Ergonomic Keyboard after seeing that they made a layout editor (it's just right in the browser, and a small tool lets you load the new layout on to the keyboard).

I like my Kinesis for typing, but for some applications where the mouse hand is needed on the mouse and there are many keyboard shortcuts, it was impractical to use. The flat TEK is useful for such programs, though.

I remapped shift to the left thumb (as I did on the Kinesis) and some other minor changes. Backspace in the middle as by default is awesome. I moved it up one key so it's on the "home row".

Offline lowmagnet

Re: Truly Ergonomic Layout Editor - yay!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 19:49:33 »
The more I use my Poker II, the more I want to move the keys on my TEK. I may install that Mac OS X program that lets me re-map how keys work so I can force myself to use left modifiers more. I've got such bad left-handed modifier issues. The worst is the default key for tmux, ctrl-b. Feels like I'm stretching my hand badly when I hit it because I try to chord it left-handed.

Down the left in the Mac, it's:

Shift
Command
Control Alt/Option

I like the shift on home row since it's easy to trigger, and moreso than triggering shift on a regular keyboard. It plays merry hell with me when I switch between boards, though.