Author Topic: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper  (Read 929009 times)

Offline kanazei

Re: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper
« Reply #2000 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 12:24:21 »
Hello. I have a problem on the Planck double taps. It is written that 1kHz polling rate. How can I reduce this value to avoid contact bounce?

Offline Tactile

« Reply #2001 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 13:30:17 »
Hello. I have a problem on the Planck double taps. It is written that 1kHz polling rate. How can I reduce this value to avoid contact bounce?

Polling rate is not what you need to adjust. You need to increase debounce time. This can be done within the config console.
REΛLFORCE

Offline kanazei

« Reply #2002 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 16:00:24 »
Thanks, all worked well!

Offline mark.wood_uk

« Reply #2003 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 13:42:22 »
Just a little update....
Everything is all good:
Software ready to flash, switches hard wired and metered out, case finished as much as possible (final fit needed)

I'm still waiting on the little Chinese kid to finish making my teensy 2.0 and paddle around the world in a coracle to hand deliver it!
Thats now 5 weeks 1 day and counting from Amazon :mad:

Offline lemur

• personal text
« Reply #2004 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 20:19:38 »
Is anyone using F13-24 in any of their layouts?

I'm using v2.03.01 right now, and it seems trying to run a layout with F13-24 results in those keys sending no scancodes for the keys mapped to F13-24

Running a evtest in linux results in no scancodes being shown when pressing F13-24

Running wireshark to scan the usb bus shows nothing at all being sent from the board when pressing F13-24..

Everything else works as expected...

Anyone else have this working?

keyboards

Offline grumpycat

« Reply #2005 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 11:22:33 »
I am having problems using the [alt] modifier in addition to a keyscan on my Planck keyboard.

I created a keymap starting with the default Planck keymap.

But any key where I select the [alt] modifier in addition to the keyscan, my Planck sends [ctrl]+[alt]+[keyscan] even though I did not select the [ctrl] modifier.

For example, I assign [HID_KEYBOARD_SC_P] to a key and select the [alt] modifier (so I want [alt]+[P] on key press). When I write the firmware to my Planck, the codes sent to my PC are [ctrl]+[alt]+[P].

The other modifiers work fine.

What am I missing?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2006 on: Sun, 06 November 2016, 11:26:48 »
Is anyone using F13-24 in any of their layouts?

I'm using v2.03.01 right now, and it seems trying to run a layout with F13-24 results in those keys sending no scancodes for the keys mapped to F13-24

Running a evtest in linux results in no scancodes being shown when pressing F13-24

Running wireshark to scan the usb bus shows nothing at all being sent from the board when pressing F13-24..

Everything else works as expected...

Anyone else have this working?

Just tried it, doesn't work here either.  Samwisekoi was building a battlestation so I would have thought it would be on there, but he's not been online since July so not worth asking him :(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2007 on: Sun, 06 November 2016, 11:36:20 »
I am having problems using the [alt] modifier in addition to a keyscan on my Planck keyboard.

But any key where I select the [alt] modifier in addition to the keyscan, my Planck sends [ctrl]+[alt]+[keyscan] even though I did not select the [ctrl] modifier.

For example, I assign [HID_KEYBOARD_SC_P] to a key and select the [alt] modifier (so I want [alt]+[P] on key press). When I write the firmware to my Planck, the codes sent to my PC are [ctrl]+[alt]+[P].

What am I missing?

Sounds like you're doing everything right but I can't reproduce this with the P key on the default layer or using FN - can you attach the 'Save layout as...' so I can have a look?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline lemur

• personal text
« Reply #2008 on: Sun, 06 November 2016, 22:35:31 »

Just tried it, doesn't work here either.  Samwisekoi was building a battlestation so I would have thought it would be on there, but he's not been online since July so not worth asking him :(

thanks for giving it a look... at least it isnt just me doing something wrong

(or maybe we both are ;-) )

keyboards

Offline grumpycat

« Reply #2009 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 05:48:43 »

What am I missing?

Sounds like you're doing everything right but I can't reproduce this with the P key on the default layer or using FN - can you attach the 'Save layout as...' so I can have a look?

Attached is the layout file (I am using the Planck as a shortcut keyboard for music production software Cubase). Thanks for helping out.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2010 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 18:10:20 »

What am I missing?

Attached is the layout file (I am using the Planck as a shortcut keyboard for music production software Cubase). Thanks for helping out.

Built this layout and flashed it to my not-Arduino micro - it works fine.

If the attached hex works it's something to do with your EasyAVR version, if it doesn't it could be a hardware problem?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline grumpycat

« Reply #2011 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 03:18:50 »
If the attached hex works it's something to do with your EasyAVR version, if it doesn't it could be a hardware problem?

Thanks suicidal_orange. I tried your hex and it had the same problem.

But I think I have figured out the issue: the Alt modifier checkbox in EasyAVR actually sends a "R ALT" scancode which on Windows gets translated to CTRL+ALT (see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key#Control_.2B_Alt_as_a_substitute).

But on software that distinguishes between RALT and LALT I would need to be able to assign the LALT modifier key, which in EasyAVR I can't as there is only that one ALT checkbox (when assigning the LALT directly to a key it sends the correct scan code, but then I can't assign a shortcut combination with letters and modifiers).

So I guess in EasyAVR we would need an option to specify left / right modifier variants in the modifier checkbox section.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 November 2016, 03:21:23 by grumpycat »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2012 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 14:19:57 »

Thanks suicidal_orange. I tried your hex and it had the same problem.

But I think I have figured out the issue: the Alt modifier checkbox in EasyAVR actually sends a "R ALT" scancode which on Windows gets translated to CTRL+ALT (see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key#Control_.2B_Alt_as_a_substitute).

But on software that distinguishes between RALT and LALT I would need to be able to assign the LALT modifier key, which in EasyAVR I can't as there is only that one ALT checkbox (when assigning the LALT directly to a key it sends the correct scan code, but then I can't assign a shortcut combination with letters and modifiers).

So I guess in EasyAVR we would need an option to specify left / right modifier variants in the modifier checkbox section.

Good spot!

That should be an easy change to make and it makes sense to use the other one.  I'll post a build later.

This is not as easy as I was expecting...
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 November 2016, 18:04:56 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline grumpycat

« Reply #2013 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 11:11:02 »
Good spot!

That should be an easy change to make and it makes sense to use the other one.  I'll post a build later.

This is not as easy as I was expecting...

Thanks suicidal_orange for giving it a shot.

Offline Tactile

« Reply #2014 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 22:39:49 »
I'm using the Python Easy AVR version 2.03.01 & I'm programming a JD40 mk II PCB from 1Up keyboards. The spacebar is unresponsive on all layers. All other keys program as expected.

I'm using the "JD40 (Carpe keyboards)" layout. Should I be using the "JD40 (Smallfry)" instead?

[EDIT]

Never mind. I edited the JD40.py file to put the switch in the correct column.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 November 2016, 23:47:42 by Tactile »
REΛLFORCE

Offline Cosx112

« Reply #2015 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 14:33:50 »
Please add preonic keyboard support

Offline Kapinny

« Reply #2016 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 03:37:22 »
Hey there

So sorry to bother, first time poster in a long while.

I'm just after some help with the basic key mapping for a GH60 Satan i just built with via easyAVR and Flip

Im blessed that the keyboard works fine in the standard poker layer which I have selected. However i have encountered 2 issues I have not been able to solve after scouring the

1. A few of the modifier keys on the bottom row's LED does not light up? not really sure why the rest of the keyboard lights up fine, only these few?

2. I soldered a RGB underglow exactly like the one in this thread but it does not light up, unable to find anywhere how to program with easyAVR and would very much like to avoid QMK/TMK any of that crazy stuff (i'm a damned noob when it comes to those kind of things) 
all the control points, wires and placement are identical.

Thank you so much for your help
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 December 2016, 04:40:55 by Kapinny »

Offline holtenc

« Reply #2017 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 19:53:55 »
I'm a little stumped. I can build any of the preconfigured layouts and flash them to my teensy. However I'm doing a custom hand wire, so I copied the handwire.py and made my modifications. I'm getting the following error:

Can't Build binary
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Code\EasyAVR\keymapper\easykeymap\gui.py", line 1047, in build
File "D:\Code\EasyAVR\keymapper\easykeymap\gui.py", line 1082, in overlay
File "D:\Code\EasyAVR\keymapper\easykeymap\gui.py", line 981, in translate
IndexError: list index out of range

Checking out gui.py, I'm assuming I screwed something up in the way I define the matrix or layout... But I can't figure it out. Attached is my handwire.py. I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

**EDIT**. I figured this out. the handwire.py from the github repo incorrectly has the first row matrix parameters starting with 1 instead of 0.  ie. (4, 4), (1, 0), 'HID_KEYBOARD_SC_ESCAPE') instead of (4, 4), (0, 0), 'HID_KEYBOARD_SC_ESCAPE')

**EDIT#2** Nope. All my fault. Forgot that the handwire.py starts off as a TKL template.... since I'm building a 60% naturally I promptly deleted the first row and neglected to edit the subsequent row designations. ....  Thanks for the template and much thanks for EasyAVR.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 December 2016, 20:18:09 by holtenc »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2018 on: Sat, 17 December 2016, 15:12:33 »
Hey there

So sorry to bother, first time poster in a long while.

I'm just after some help with the basic key mapping for a GH60 Satan i just built with via easyAVR and Flip

Im blessed that the keyboard works fine in the standard poker layer which I have selected. However i have encountered 2 issues I have not been able to solve after scouring the

1. A few of the modifier keys on the bottom row's LED does not light up? not really sure why the rest of the keyboard lights up fine, only these few?

2. I soldered a RGB underglow exactly like the one in this thread but it does not light up, unable to find anywhere how to program with easyAVR and would very much like to avoid QMK/TMK any of that crazy stuff (i'm a damned noob when it comes to those kind of things) 
all the control points, wires and placement are identical.

Thank you so much for your help

1 - Would those be the ones bottom right?  They are in a separate group called 'poker arrows' so to get them to light up as well you need to keep going through the backlight modes.  There should be one that does all...

2 - Exactly like what?  In standard EasyAVR RGB is only supported if you connect the colours to indicator pins, and then you can turn off R G and B separately but you can't have a different brightness for each so colours are limited.  Someone (MOZ?) was working on adding it but I haven't heard of any progress.  For full RGB you need QMK, scary as it is :(
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 December 2016, 15:16:36 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Softhands

« Reply #2019 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 09:15:45 »
Complete noob here. Thanks for EasyAVR !!

I'm trying to create some macros to use in Emacs (spacemacs) but it doesn't work as expected.
I'm currently using windows 10 with the Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard (French Canadian), I suspect it has something to do with my problem. My keyboard is CMStorm with Frosty Flake.

The problem:
I want to insert \gls{mev} which is a LaTeX command.
In its latest incarnation, the macro is \\,gls\ALT(123)mev(125)
I get  àglsev

Before that I tried \\,\ALT(123)mev(125) and got à{mev}

TIA

SH.

P.S. anyone tried to create a Bépo layer using EasyAVR?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2020 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 11:04:55 »
Not sure on the macros but bepo should be easy enough but as all the legends are wrong in the mapper it would be easier to select the keys on screen and press keys on a working board to assign the correct codes.

If the shifted versions of the keys don't match AZERTY you would need to use an FN key instead of shift and tick 'with mods: shift' on the keys that need it.  Give it a go :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Francisco

« Reply #2021 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 15:45:13 »
Hi - First, thanks very much for Easy AVR Keymapper - I'm using it with my JD45 and it's really great!

I want to program one key with:
ESC on the default layer [works correctly];
Minus_and_Underscore on Fn layer[incorrectly outputs  Underscore_and_Underscore],
and Equal_and_Plus on Fn2 layer [works correctly].

Problem is that Shift-ESC is highjacking the Minus sign on Fn layer and outputting Underscore instead of Minus.

I've tried various ways around this: Macro, \Alt(027), \\, but the results are always the same - underscore instead of minus.

It seems Shift-ESC is incorrectly handled in the default layer and Fn layer. (V2.03.01)

Can anybody help or advise? Thanks!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2022 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 02:02:55 »
I just woke up and I'm not quite following this - “Esc on the default layer [works correctly]” but “it seems shift-Esc is handled incorrectly on default and Fn”?  It's pretty basic so hard to believe it doesn't work, there's probably a shift hidden somewhere in your stack...

I'm trying to think what you might be trying to do, perhaps default is letters with an Esc, Fn is capitals with a minus and shift makes the minus an underscore?  To do that you'd have to make your 'shift' key an FN then tick 'with mods: shift' on all the letters etc except the minus/underscore, which could then be shifted normally.

That's probably not it but whatever you want to do is surely possible, just need to get my head round what it is :thumb:

Might be helpful if you could attach your layout, I should have my computer fixed today to be able look at it.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Francisco

« Reply #2023 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 04:50:43 »
Much thanks for your reply, here's the layout:

[ Specified attachment is not available ]

Default Layer:
Esc works normally
Shift+Esc gives "<" in a text editor - but in a browser it does a "refresh" (like pressing F5)

Fn Layer:
Fn+Esc gives "_" (wrong, should be minus "-")
Shift+Fn+Esc gives "_" (correct)

Fn2 Layer:
Fn2+Esc gives "=" (correct)
Shift+Fn2+Esc gives "+" (correct)

To summarise: Shift+Esc is not working correctly in the default and Fn layers.

I think that if you specify any key as Escape, it interferes with (or highjacks) the Shift function of that key.

I hope this makes it clearer - Thanks!

Offline Francisco

« Reply #2024 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 05:10:14 »
Ok - here's a link to the layout file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46jnh8qi89ujrxt/JD45EscapeProblem.dat?dl=0

Thanks!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2025 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 05:20:32 »
My motherboard was dead on arrival so can't look, but this does sound very strange.  I've reused Esc as a 1! on my JD40 and had no problem but maybe that was on the old version...

Will look tomorrow if no-one else has, assuming my luck improves.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Francisco

« Reply #2026 on: Wed, 28 December 2016, 05:32:48 »
Much thanks - I really appreciate it!

Offline Francisco

« Reply #2027 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 07:02:22 »
I found a bug...

If a Macro key with "word\ENTER," is pressed multiple times, only the first time is it done correctly with ENTER (i.e. a new line). All subsequent presses just print "word" on same line with no more ENTER's.

Offline mark.wood_uk

« Reply #2028 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 11:07:25 »
Hey peeps, Happy New Year to all!
Been quite a long time since i was last on here, but i had a right nightmare with getting my teensy 2.0 from amazon (China).

I got a message saying that it had been delivered after 8 weeks! Which was news to me as i was still waiting for it to arrive... so i sent them a message asking what was going off and that i was still waiting on it to arrive. They was the usual unhelpful message back from them ''We check item arrive...''
long story short, dodgy seller who sent amazon a fake proof of delivery (half a dozen spelling mistakes in it was the giveaway) got money back wrote a 'pleasant' review of the seller (not) and started again!

But anyhow, ordered up another teensy from somewhere else and that arrived just before xmas.
I have now finally managed to get it all sorted and am now testing my keyboard right now!!

Been that long i forgot what i was supposed to be doing but, all good now and well chuffed at my handy work  :cool: :cool:

I think i have a dodgy solder joint somewhere on my matrix as a couple of keys on the bottom row sometimes don't work, but i'm happy if thats the only hardware problem to fix!
Having a little problem with using 'toggle' mode on my fn keys atm, if i press an fn key it wont 'un toggle' when pressed again! But think that i just need to re specify my fn, fn1 and fn2 keys in the new layers in order for it to function correctly!

Just needing to finish setting up my fn layers, tweak a few bits here and there and get it in its case and tidied up, but at least i'm pretty much home free now!

Just want to give one last shout out to all that had helped me with this and especially to suicidal_orange for your input and advice  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
YOU DA MAN man  :D

[Edit]
Yep, some of the keys not working turned out to be bad solder joints on the teensy, desoldered and resoldered my teensy and now all is good!
(mental note, in future don't use network cable wire its a little too stiff and inflexable)
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 January 2017, 07:25:38 by mark.wood_uk »

Offline RDiGiovanni

« Reply #2029 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 19:42:05 »
I use Easy AVR on my JD45 keyboard and love how simple it is to use... I'm planning to purchase an Atreus keyboard and wanted to know if anyone has actually used it for this keyboard. I see that it says it"s compatible, but has not been tested to work. It uses an atmega32u4 controller, so it should work fine, but I just wanted to see if anyone has used it on this particular keyboard...
Thanks....

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2030 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 02:17:16 »
I use Easy AVR on my JD45 keyboard and love how simple it is to use... I'm planning to purchase an Atreus keyboard and wanted to know if anyone has actually used it for this keyboard. I see that it says it"s compatible, but has not been tested to work. It uses an atmega32u4 controller, so it should work fine, but I just wanted to see if anyone has used it on this particular keyboard...
Thanks....

Untested probably means the config was converted from tmk - there may be minor issues from typos but as long as you don't mind it not working perfectly straight away (it might, but no guarantee) these can be fixed and then support can be confirmed.

There's no risk of damaging the board so go for it :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline physicalist

« Reply #2031 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 13:30:48 »
Hi, what is the state with L_Alt / R_Alt as selectable modifiers for keys? It would really be useful if we could have both, because in the German layout, all the useful keys like {,[,],},\ are hidden on the R_Alt (Alt Gr) Layer, whereas useful key combos like Alt+F4 only work with L_Alt. It would be really nice if you implemented both as options, because they are actually very different for ISO-Keyboards. Unfortunately, using Ctrl+Alt as a substitute is not an option for Linux.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 January 2017, 13:35:29 by physicalist »

Filco Ninja TKL (Brown) w/ Pegasus Hoof

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2032 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 13:59:17 »
Hi, what is the state with L_Alt / R_Alt as selectable modifiers for keys? It would really be useful if we could have both, because in the German layout, all the useful keys like {,[,],},\ are hidden on the R_Alt (Alt Gr) Layer, whereas useful key combos like Alt+F4 only work with L_Alt. It would be really nice if you implemented both as options, because they are actually very different for ISO-Keyboards. Unfortunately, using Ctrl+Alt as a substitute is not an option for Linux.

There are two keycodes but if you're talking about the tickboxes I'm pretty sure all 8 bits which are used up, so adding another would be hard.

Are you using the macros or could you use alt codes for those characters?  Not sure how many there are on a German board...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline physicalist

« Reply #2033 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 14:34:12 »
Yes, I was talking about the tickboxes. That's unfortunate... Macros seem like the best solution for single key combos like Alt+F4. Thanks for your answer!

At any rate, I suppose it would be best if the tickbox made clear if L_Alt or R_Alt is being used, because, as I said, they're actually completely different keys on ISO-Layouts.

Filco Ninja TKL (Brown) w/ Pegasus Hoof

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2034 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 14:57:31 »
Fn Layer:
Fn+Esc gives "_" (wrong, should be minus "-")
Shift+Fn+Esc gives "_" (correct)

Good news - I had a look in your saved layout and as suspected you have the "with mods: shift" ticked on this key on the FN layer - untick it and you will get your "-" back.

Default Layer:
Esc works normally
Shift+Esc gives "<" in a text editor - but in a browser it does a "refresh" (like pressing F5)

I don't have a JD45 but I recreated your keymap (with and without the error above) on my GH60 and this doesn't happen for me.  The position of the keys in the matrix don't suggest it could be a hardware issue either...  Have you looked what keys it thinks are being pressed in Switch Hitter when you press shift and Esc?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Francisco

« Reply #2035 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 15:45:26 »
Thanks very much! That fixed it!  :thumb:

Thanks for taking the time to look into it!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2036 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 16:03:08 »
Yes, I was talking about the tickboxes. That's unfortunate... Macros seem like the best solution for single key combos like Alt+F4. Thanks for your answer!

At any rate, I suppose it would be best if the tickbox made clear if L_Alt or R_Alt is being used, because, as I said, they're actually completely different keys on ISO-Layouts.

It's a good point.

I just checked and all the tickboxes are the R_ variants for whatever reason - sounds like it's the most useful in your case.  The only R_Alt key I use in ISO-UK is 4 for a €...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Harms

« Reply #2037 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 23:18:16 »
Hello

Would this work with the KC60? Thank you for any input.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2038 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 01:54:48 »
Hello

Would this work with the KC60? Thank you for any input.

The search box in the top right corner is good for searching in a thread - it finds this helpful post by beeull.  Assuming you have the same revision PCB and you're in Windows save the file to C:\Users\USERNAME\.EasyAVR\Boards (should exist after you run EasyAVR once) and you should be good.  If not post your problems - you won't damage the board :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Harms

« Reply #2039 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 02:10:23 »
Awesome thanks a lot.

Offline jcowgar

« Reply #2040 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 09:23:35 »
Is this project dead? The Change Log in the 2nd post says discontinued and the GitHub repo has a few pull requests that are a bit dated.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 09:34:08 by jcowgar »

Offline lemur

• personal text
« Reply #2041 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 11:51:37 »
I believe the 'discontinued' part is in reference to the *Changelog* ..not the project.

But the project does seem a bit dormant, .. with last commit like 9 months ago.

It really is quite good..

I've moved on to TMK, which is actively developed if it is a bit more complicated to use...

keyboards

Offline jcowgar

« Reply #2042 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 18:19:07 »
When creating a new keyboard type, how can you specify key modes such as Toggle or Tap Key?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2043 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 15:34:53 »
When creating a new keyboard type, how can you specify key modes such as Toggle or Tap Key?

I don't think you can, the default layout is basic.  If you want to distribute a more complicated layout you would need to save it from within the mapper.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline jcowgar

« Reply #2044 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 09:01:53 »
I just created three pull requests to the EasyAVR project.

1. Fixed Atreus support... now tested and works on the two Atreus keyboards that live in my house
2. Added support for the Atreus62 keyboard... tested on my own Atreus62 keyboard
3. Added support for the Minorca keyboard... tested on my own Minorca keyboard

Offline Francisco

« Reply #2045 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 10:07:56 »
Hi,

Macro keys programmed with "anyword\ENTER," when pressed multiple times, only types correctly the first time it is pressed (i.e. with a new line). But subsequent presses just repeat "anyword" on same line with no more ENTER's.

Any ideas?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2046 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 11:22:53 »

1. Fixed Atreus support... now tested and works on the two Atreus keyboards that live in my house
2. Added support for the Atreus62 keyboard... tested on my own Atreus62 keyboard
3. Added support for the Minorca keyboard... tested on my own Minorca keyboard

Thanks!  No idea if/when they will be accepted but I'll add them to the list of boards that aren't quite right in the default config in case people ask.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2047 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 11:34:07 »
Hi,

Macro keys programmed with "anyword\ENTER," when pressed multiple times, only types correctly the first time it is pressed (i.e. with a new line). But subsequent presses just repeat "anyword" on same line with no more ENTER's.

Any ideas?

I just tried this, with a standard (hold to use) FN it worked in Linux and a Windows VM so I rebooted to Windows properly and it still works...  Not sure what else it could be - OSX maybe?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Francisco

« Reply #2048 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 12:34:04 »
My bad - I just confirmed it works in Notepad and MS Word - but it didn't work in my usual editor (Notepad++) - sorry, false alarm. Thanks again for looking into it.

« Last Edit: Sat, 14 January 2017, 12:35:40 by Francisco »

Offline jcowgar

« Reply #2049 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 13:59:39 »

2. Added support for the Atreus62 keyboard... tested on my Atreus62 keyboard
3. Added support for the Minorca keyboard... tested on my Minorca keyboard

Thanks!  No idea if/when they will be accepted, but I'll add them to the list of boards that aren't quite right in the default config in case people ask.

I'm not sure I understand. What do you mean you'll add them to the list of boards that aren't quite right? I fixed the Atreus layout, I then added support for two new keyboards, the Atreus62 and Minorca. I also added better File > Save/Build Firmware functionality as well and submitted a pull request. (got tired of it asking for a filename each time).

I do not want to be a maintainer of this project, as I know nothing about the internals of keyboard firmware, but my repo address is https://github.com/jcowgar/EasyAVR where anyone with these new keyboards can get the code. I also merged in the JD40 v2 pull request outstanding on the original project.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 January 2017, 14:09:38 by jcowgar »