Author Topic: [IC] GMK Olivetti & Screw-in Stabilizers  (Read 56180 times)

Offline megaforce

Re: [IC] GMK Olivetti & Screw-in Stabilizers
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 13:48:03 »
Will the stabs be available faster than the keyset? Gonna need a few sets of those stabs..
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #201 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 08:46:55 »
Yeah, the other problem is shipping internationally is crazy expensive it'd you don't have the option to lower declared value which I've heard they will not do anymore. Plus guessing through oco it'll be impossible to have the set sell at the prices you were quoting initially. I'll probably pass since it'll probably be too much to justify with all the other stuff that's coming out, good luck though, the sets really quite nice

Yeah I've mentioned before that the price is not going to change...it will change when the set goes to retail...but not for the GB.

...We'll have to pay import taxes on this? I'm not going to pay 60 eur in taxes.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 09:06:49 »
...We'll have to pay import taxes on this? I'm not going to pay 60 eur in taxes.
Of course you will? You're buying something you have to import! Taxes would be 30 EUR for the base, not 60, which I suppose is a positive.

Offline cmd

« Reply #203 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 09:14:48 »
Yeah, the other problem is shipping internationally is crazy expensive it'd you don't have the option to lower declared value which I've heard they will not do anymore. Plus guessing through oco it'll be impossible to have the set sell at the prices you were quoting initially. I'll probably pass since it'll probably be too much to justify with all the other stuff that's coming out, good luck though, the sets really quite nice

Yeah I've mentioned before that the price is not going to change...it will change when the set goes to retail...but not for the GB.

Okay. At first I thought you were actually interested in this IC.

To no avail, here is a list of why you (Giorgio) should not join this GB. Sorry to call you out like this but yeeeee (I am sure I am missing some):

Any chance of adding some keys to the international kit? I'm asking this because gmk has a strange threshold, and if you get past it, everything becomes cheaper, and 1u keys cost about $0.5.

For example in the alphas set I had 74 pieces for $50, and additional 1u keys cost 0.5$, while the space bar cost 1.5$ https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85593.0
I'm suggesting to add a 6u space-bar and 5 1u keys for modern 1800 compatibility.

Are the screw-in modifiers dangerous for your pcb?

With the usual stabs, when I remove a spacebar which has very tight stems, the stab may be accidentally removed without damaging the pcb (it has happened to me with an original cherry 6u spacebar). When using the screw-in ones, is there a possibility that they can damage the pcb?

I'm also curious if there's any real difference in stability from screw in to pcb mounted stabilizers...

But but but... The classic win95 keys in your render are pad print!

Haha I knew someone was going to say that. I could go with Windows Vista or Windows 8 if you'd prefer -________-

Pad print is evil.

I hate the diamond symbol, but I would like something like "Code".

Please don't forget about the support for 1800 layout. This can be obtained by adding:
6 u spacebar
2 1u ctrl
2 1u alt
The price for all these additional keys? Only $4. No more than that.
I don't know if the R5 has some real love here... personally I don't need it at all, I would prefer compatibility with some additional layouts.

Please don't forget about the support for 1800 layout. This can be obtained by adding:
6 u spacebar
2 1u ctrl
2 1u alt
I don't know if the R5 has some real love here... personally I don't need it at all, I would prefer compatibility with some additional layouts.

would you be interested in selling also a 1800 addon pack?
It should contain
2x 1u ctrl
2x 1u alt
2x 1u menu
6u spacebar

The cost should be very limited, less than $7.
If I were you, I would do it in olivetti and in classic beige color, since the last beige gb didn't have full compatibility.
Why do you want everyone who buys this to pay 7$ so a few people can get keys they want? I'd rather buy lunch with that 7$. If you want them badly enough you could just buy 150 of those kits from GMK  :thumb:

Addon pack, it is something that you buy separately from the main pack. If you want it, you pay it, if you don't want it, eat your happy meal and be f̶a̶t̶   happy

Offline megaforce

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 09:34:34 »
LUL you should have seen the salt coming out of this dude on the Massdrop TA Royal Alpha discussion. Couldn't tell if he was trolling or being genuinely serious:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/gmk-ta-royal-alpha-typewriter-keycap-set-2/talk
More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #205 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 09:55:18 »
I really respect my fellow GHrs. Particularly when they have a different opinion than main group thinking. However, in this particular case, I should say that he tends to make interventions pretty much everywhere and most of the time without proper facts recollection and genuine interest on the topic. Again. I think all of us deserve our share of respect, but the OP made a point pulling together evidence of what appears to be a tendency of empty critic in this particular thread.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #206 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 10:39:11 »
Probably you miss the fact, again, that when I buy directly from gmk I pay no VAT, because I have a VAT number. Furthermore I can detract my purchases from my income taxes. So I effectively pay half of the sum.

Great set anyway.

Okay. At first I thought you were actually interested in this IC.

To no avail, here is a list of why you (Giorgio) should not join this GB. Sorry to call you out like this but yeeeee (I am sure I am missing some):

Any chance of adding some keys to the international kit? I'm asking this because gmk has a strange threshold, and if you get past it, everything becomes cheaper, and 1u keys cost about $0.5.

For example in the alphas set I had 74 pieces for $50, and additional 1u keys cost 0.5$, while the space bar cost 1.5$ https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85593.0
I'm suggesting to add a 6u space-bar and 5 1u keys for modern 1800 compatibility.

Are the screw-in modifiers dangerous for your pcb?

With the usual stabs, when I remove a spacebar which has very tight stems, the stab may be accidentally removed without damaging the pcb (it has happened to me with an original cherry 6u spacebar). When using the screw-in ones, is there a possibility that they can damage the pcb?

I'm also curious if there's any real difference in stability from screw in to pcb mounted stabilizers...

But but but... The classic win95 keys in your render are pad print!

Haha I knew someone was going to say that. I could go with Windows Vista or Windows 8 if you'd prefer -________-

Pad print is evil.

I hate the diamond symbol, but I would like something like "Code".

6 u spacebar
2 1u ctrl
2 1u alt

6 u spacebar
2 1u ctrl
2 1u alt

would you be interested in selling also a 1800 addon pack?
It should contain
2x 1u ctrl
2x 1u alt
2x 1u menu
6u spacebar

The cost should be very limited, less than $7.
If I were you, I would do it in olivetti and in classic beige color, since the last beige gb didn't have full compatibility.
Why do you want everyone who buys this to pay 7$ so a few people can get keys they want? I'd rather buy lunch with that 7$. If you want them badly enough you could just buy 150 of those kits from GMK  :thumb:

Addon pack, it is something that you buy separately from the main pack. If you want it, you pay it, if you don't want it, eat your happy meal and be f̶a̶t̶   happy

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 10:41:25 »
LUL you should have seen the salt coming out of this dude on the Massdrop TA Royal Alpha discussion. Couldn't tell if he was trolling or being genuinely serious:

I don't Remember anything you said anywhere.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #208 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 10:43:59 »
I really respect my fellow GHrs. Particularly when they have a different opinion than main group thinking. However, in this particular case, I should say that he tends to make interventions pretty much everywhere and most of the time without proper facts recollection and genuine interest on the topic. Again. I think all of us deserve our share of respect, but the OP made a point pulling together evidence of what appears to be a tendency of empty critic in this particular thread.

LOL.

Pad print is evil is an empy critiic?

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 10:47:34 »
Probably you miss the fact, again, that when I buy directly from gmk I pay no VAT, because I have a VAT number. Furthermore I can detract my purchases from my income taxes. So I effectively pay half of the sum.

Great set anyway.

Maybe it's time for you to put together a groupbuy then? That way you can have bars on every key..

Offline megaforce

« Reply #210 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 10:49:52 »

There was nothing for me to say since I was satisfied that set and ordered it on day 1. Couldn't give a **** about what you have to say, but I can see why people on these forums are annoyed with you.

Anyways, I have no intentions of engaging with a troll with any further on Massdrop, GH, or Reddit.

Have a nice day! :)

Hope to see this set on the GB subfourm soon, keep up the good work CMD!
More

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #211 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 10:53:23 »

Great set anyway.

Maybe it's time for you to put together a groupbuy then? That way you can have bars on every key..

LOLLO LOLOLLOLLL

Do you remember those 3 surveys that showed how the majority likes bars more than scoops? Thanks to about 20 geekhackers  that often posted about It, now most GBs have bars

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #212 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 10:55:03 »

There was nothing for me to say since I was satisfied that set and ordered it on day 1. Couldn't give a **** about what you have to say, but I can see why people on these forums are annoyed with you.

Anyways, I have no intentions of engaging with a troll with any further on Massdrop, GH, or Reddit.

Oh God, thanks. Bye troll  :thumb:

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #213 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 11:01:40 »

wait are you saying bye to yourself ?? this is some next level stuff... pls stay on topic tho

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 11:10:53 »
I know it is probably far to late by now, but I wanted to ask anyways. Is it at all possible to change the hhkb backspace to be like the normal backspace icon mod? As someone who like hhkb layout, the big boxy arrow with the x in it always seems out of place - like it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the icon mods.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 11:15:09 »
I know it is probably far to late by now, but I wanted to ask anyways. Is it at all possible to change the hhkb backspace to be like the normal backspace icon mod? As someone who like hhkb layout, the big boxy arrow with the x in it always seems out of place - like it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the icon mods.

+1 for this. The simple left arrow makes an elegant icon for the backspace, it also matches better with the other modifier´s icons.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 11:55:07 »

+1 for this. The simple left arrow makes an elegant icon for the backspace, it also matches better with the other modifier´s icons.
Agree with this ^^

Offline cmd

« Reply #217 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 17:33:45 »

Agree with this ^^

Hi guys...in hindsight I actually agree with this but I cannot make changes at this point.

I would like to announce Sherryton has been able to drop the price by $5 and will drop further if we get to 250 orders. I am drafting a piece right now and hope to get this up on his website this week. I appreciate everyone that came to this interest check. All of the criticism and/or advice has been welcomed.

Sorry if I was not able to please everyone.

Glad this set is coming to life <3

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #218 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 02:28:11 »

wait are you saying bye to yourself ?? this is some next level stuff... pls stay on topic tho

Wait, you're asking to stay on topic while you're actually trolling? This is some next next level stuff.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #219 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 02:28:48 »

Agree with this ^^

Hi guys...in hindsight I actually agree with this but I cannot make changes at this point.

I would like to announce Sherryton has been able to drop the price by $5 and will drop further if we get to 250 orders. I am drafting a piece right now and hope to get this up on his website this week. I appreciate everyone that came to this interest check. All of the criticism and/or advice has been welcomed.

Thanks to you!

Offline dr-slump

« Reply #220 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 06:03:49 »

Agree with this ^^

Thanks mate!

Really appreciate the effort you put into it!  :thumb:
Waiting for GMK Miami Dolch ISO . . .

Looking for: Titainium Spacebar 6.25

Offline K.Mak

« Reply #221 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 07:44:47 »

The stabilizers would go up on the site at the same time right?

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 07:54:07 »

Sorry if this has been posted, and I missed it, but
what price will Sherryton be listing the sets & stabilizers for on his website?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline cmd

« Reply #223 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 12:19:41 »

Unsure. They will be either the GB has stated or they will be sold in packs (4x 2u 1x 6.25u 1x 7u).

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #224 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 15:30:33 »
Looking forward to getting some stabs :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline cmd

« Reply #225 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 17:42:07 »
^^^^ I think you guys will like pricing of everything.

****Both GBs will be put up sometime this weekend, launching Monday****

BLUE ALERT

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #226 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 18:58:31 »
^^^^ I think you guys will like pricing of everything.

****Both GBs will be put up sometime this weekend, launching Monday****

BLUE ALERT

hell yeah

just in time for all the kits I have coming in
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #227 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 20:22:44 »
It may been asked before; but, are those windows legends pad printed?

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 23:42:28 »
YES

Offline megaforce

« Reply #229 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 02:24:04 »

Unsure. They will be either the GB has stated or they will be sold in packs (4x 2u 1x 6.25u 1x 7u).

Do you know if Sherry will be offering the screw-ins with gold plated stab wires as well?
More

Offline cmd

« Reply #230 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 12:08:49 »

Do you know if Sherry will be offering the screw-ins with gold plated stab wires as well?

Probably not. Those gold plated stabs are crafted by Sprit. They are not made by GMK.

Offline owacle

« Reply #231 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 22:32:21 »
Anyone got photos of these installed?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #232 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 23:00:33 »
Anyone got photos of these installed?

stabilizers or caps?

Offline owacle

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 23:21:51 »
Sorry, caps.

Offline loud_asian

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 10:56:32 »

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 11:52:20 »
The "blue alert" international kit is up too. https://www.originativeco.com/products/blue-alert-international-kit

Offline cmd

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:10:29 »
Sorry, caps.

Show Image

Just so we are clear here this is not what my set looks like.

That is using CP. Mine will have L9.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #238 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:20:46 »
Sorry, caps.

Show Image

my bad, just grabbed the first image on google

Offline cmd

« Reply #239 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 13:51:14 »
Sorry, caps.

Show Image

my bad, just grabbed the first image on google

no worries bro just pointing it out

Offline megaforce

« Reply #240 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 16:00:51 »
More

Offline K.Mak

« Reply #241 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 17:47:19 »
I forgot to ask this before but the stabilizers shouldn't need clipping right?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #242 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 17:51:03 »

They will need to be clipped

Offline cmd

« Reply #243 on: Mon, 27 February 2017, 18:24:38 »

They will need to be clipped

Thank you! Yes they will need to be clipped. Ain't no thang though.

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #244 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 05:51:04 »
So NO, GH - GB? then i guess the international kit is gone?  :confused:

edit.  found it
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 February 2017, 06:37:34 by pon10 »

Offline cmd

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 07:16:16 »
So NO, GH - GB? then i guess the international kit is gone?  :confused:

edit.  found it

Brooo GH has to approve GB topics. Mine is awaiting approval so whenever that comes this topic will be moved.

Cheers  :thumb:

Offline Jumie

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 10:33:49 »
Sorry, caps.

Show Image

Any side by side comparison between CP and L9?

Offline cmd

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 11:36:43 »
Sorry, caps.

Show Image

Any side by side comparison between CP and L9?

http://i.imgur.com/4HansnG.jpg