Author Topic: Ti-Dye-Timascus: Timascus Keycaps  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Rikkachet

Ti-Dye-Timascus: Timascus Keycaps
« on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 14:30:02 »

Imgur Link: https://imgur.com/gallery/ikDRwVK

Hey everyone,

I’m Rikkachet, founder of a new and upcoming USA based keyboard/keycap company named Asero Foundry! Asero in Tagalog translates to “Steel”, and our focus is exactly on that, but in the keyboard space!

So, we’ve been a part of the wonderful custom mechanical keyboards hobby for several years now, not making anything but simply enjoying our boards. In our spare time we create and sell custom exotic knives and other tools, all in wild finishes. This year I realized that some of these exotic metals and finishes are not very common in the keyboard world, and should be!

Here's where the fun started, spending countless hours probing GMK caps at our workshop, sourcing and testing alu prototypes. We spent four months trying to perfect Cherry R1 caps, and are certain we have a good artisan that mounts snuggly on various Cherry and Cherry variant switches.

Once that was done, we reached out to the community on Discord and showed off our hard work. Our artisans are made with our own custom exotic metal blends, and we are doing this to bring cool new metal caps into enthusiasts' hands! we are so happy with how they came out. We are aware that we are not the first to create Timascus keycaps, but rest assured, our caps are using our own unique patterns, where no two are exactly the same.

What we have here today are 5 Cherry R1 caps made in forged Timascus, and then anodized in our fun and custom Ti-Dye colorway. Timascus is layers of titanium hammered and twisted together for patterns, which also allows for unique patterning and beautiful colors as seen here.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
Re: Ti-Dye-Timascus: Timascus Keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 14:39:38 »
I want, the automotive nut in me loves those caps and so does the CoD head  :thumb:

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Rikkachet

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 October 2020, 14:52:35 »
I want, the automotive nut in me loves those caps and so does the CoD head  :thumb:

CoD definitely introduced a lot of people to Timascus. Really glad the material and patterning is getting more popular

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 04:35:28 »
These are very cool, but personally I would love a more subdued Damascus. I have a Damascus gyuto and the pattern is there, but subtle.

Also we should definitely discuss a possible collab in the future :)