Author Topic: Components for building a Phantom keyboard  (Read 22505 times)

Offline argyakrivos

Re: Components for building a Phantom keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 11:24:51 »
Just updated the first post with LED spacers (thanks to jdcarpe) and key caps, along with some tools (changed the soldering iron and the soldering wire). Also included a cost breakdown for each component and tool.

Offline orangeju1ce

Re: Components for building a Phantom keyboard
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 27 August 2014, 23:54:31 »
Hello!

I know this might be an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one with this one already existing.

I'm trying to find parts to build a phantom keyboard and I have a question about what kind of diodes to buy

I found this: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/1N4148/1N4148FS-ND/458603

But they have to different versions of the diode: 1N4148 and 1N4148FS-ND, what is the difference between these two diodes?  I just want to know for future purposes. What do the extra letters mean?

I had ordered extra SMD for my ergodox keyboard because I broke a diode while soldering (It was my first time soldering and I think I left the iron on the iron for too long. I also soldered some SMDs the wrong direction ><) but the ones I got were different than the ones I had received, but it works fine.