Author Topic: Phantom firmware(maybe harware) question really need some help  (Read 1752 times)

Offline jonathanyu

Phantom firmware(maybe harware) question really need some help
« on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 01:13:46 »
I am really not good at software, so I got stuck with the firmware of phantom after I soldered the teensy on to the phantom pcb.
here is my question
what firmware should I use for the ansi150 layout?
I have found that https://github.com/BathroomEpiphanies/AVR-Keyboard have a lot of firmware.  So I am really confuse about which one should I use, and what is the process of install the firmware to my teensy?  I have tried to put this into my teensy, but seems that it is not working.  My step of putting the firmware into the teensy is press open hex file, program, and then reboot.  Is there any wrong in my step?

edit: a update, the firmware seems working, but the pcb start typing random stuff.  Anyone know that it is the firmware or hardware have problem?
here is a video of what is happening.  In the video, I didn't touch the pcb at all.  The firmware that I use is hid_liber_ansi_iso_jis.hex  This is the only firmware that "working" on my pcb so far.
And I have try to use MG Chemicals 413B Heavy Duty Flux Remover to clean the flux that on my pcb.  So did I kill my pcb?

« Last Edit: Sat, 21 September 2013, 17:50:17 by jonathanyu »

Offline PepperPanda

Re: Phantom firmware question
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 02:26:51 »
Seems the hex files there are for ISO. You could edit the ansi_iso.c file to fit your layout but I'm not 100% sure about that. If you search this site someone probably posted there ANSI150 hex file or c file. You could also use hasu's code here.

In order to load the firmware use the teensy loader. And if your going to edit the code yourself or use hasu's code your gonna have to install avr-gcc and compile the code. Here's a site with more information. But basically install avr go to the directory that makefile is located (using terminal/cmd) , then type make. Should create a .HEX file for you to load onto the teensy.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 07:58:10 »
Those files are ANSI/ISO or ANSI/ISO-WIN works for both ANSI and ISO.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 10:00:57 »
Seems the hex files there are for ISO. You could edit the ansi_iso.c file to fit your layout but I'm not 100% sure about that. If you search this site someone probably posted there ANSI150 hex file or c file. You could also use hasu's code here.

In order to load the firmware use the teensy loader. And if your going to edit the code yourself or use hasu's code your gonna have to install avr-gcc and compile the code. Here's a site with more information. But basically install avr go to the directory that makefile is located (using terminal/cmd) , then type make. Should create a .HEX file for you to load onto the teensy.
I have tried to put the one that for ANSI( I think), but it is just not working. Do I need to so something to the hex file before I put it into the teensy?

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 12:45:42 »
With the Teensy loader open your desired hex file click the program button then click the reboot button and you should be good to go. You start by pressing the button on the Teensy to start the process. I have used the ANSI/ISO- WIN with no problems also the TMK versions. Just study the info on sites listed in previous replys.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 September 2013, 23:36:16 »
With the Teensy loader open your desired hex file click the program button then click the reboot button and you should be good to go. You start by pressing the button on the Teensy to start the process. I have used the ANSI/ISO- WIN with no problems also the TMK versions. Just study the info on sites listed in previous replys.
I am looking at the tmk version, and there is also a lot of flie.  So which one should I put into the tennsy? seems that there doesn't have a hex file

Offline agor

Re: Phantom firmware question really need some help
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 20 September 2013, 07:29:30 »
You need to compile the tmk Version yourself. You need a development environment to do this, this is explained here: https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/doc/build.md . After this, follow the Phantom Instructions on the link you posted
KBD8X II - MX 5000 - Realforce 88UB - Phantom - GH60

Offline jonathanyu

Re: Phantom firmware question really need some help
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 14:24:35 »
finally,  the firmware is working, but seems that my pcb is going crazy, it just type in random things. Thanks anyway!

Offline jonathanyu

Re: Phantom firmware(maybe harware) question really need some help
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 16:49:18 »
op update
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 September 2013, 17:50:09 by jonathanyu »