Author Topic: [GB] Imperial Hue - a 60% Break Wood case (GB closed)  (Read 33456 times)

Offline dodung.breakwood

Re: [GB] Imperial Hue - a 60% Break Wood case (GB closed)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 12:37:39 »
We are very grateful for your objective evaluation. This is our first product on it that has many shortcomings. hope for new updates. The quality will be enhanced. As for the copper leg, quite a lot of people do not want to fix it so we provided 3M panels for gluing, quite tight. If there is something that makes you unhappy. Please write to my mail: "dodung.breakwood@gmail.com" or inbox to our page: "https://www.facebook.com/breakwoodvietnam/" thank you

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 14:35:41 »
Here is the requested sound test guys:

Please excuse the hand positioning and the low quality, that was filmed with my DSLR but I have no external mic - SPOILER ALERT: it sounds nice!

Here is the back of the case (you can see my temporary solution to make the case a little higher):

Offline dodung.breakwood

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 20:14:51 »
If you order more weight sheets, I'm sure the sound will be much better :)
Here is the requested sound test guys:

Please excuse the hand positioning and the low quality, that was filmed with my DSLR but I have no external mic - SPOILER ALERT: it sounds nice!

Here is the back of the case (you can see my temporary solution to make the case a little higher):

Show Image

Offline pandemic123

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 01:54:09 »
still waiting for my board, I paid right after they asked for the extra shipping cost, literally within seconds and I was given three different shipping estimates, each of which slipped and slipped, then I found out from the forums that apparently an entire second batch got delayed a month due to customs. totally understand it's the first group buy and honesty, communication has been shaky just hoping to get my hands on this soon.

Offline yap68

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 04:01:25 »
Just got my board today. Need to clean with damp cloth and old toothbrush around the carving area.
I shall not be easily pleased when comes to asthetic, but this casing looks pretty alright to me. Price is not cheap and delivery has been delayed multiple time but that is ok. Overall, I will give a 8.5/10 for the final product.

Now a bit regret for not getting the extra brass weight...
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 January 2019, 04:07:59 by yap68 »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 04:07:03 »
Just got my board today. Need to clean with damp cloth and old toothbrush around the carving area.
I am a fussy guy when comes to asthetic, but this casing looks pretty alright to me. Price is not cheap and delivery has been delayed multiple time but that is ok. Overall, I will give a 8.5/10 for the final product.

Now a bit regret not getting the extra brass weight...

My "review" might have sound a little too harsh when I think about it as I would personally give this a good 8. I did need to carve the wood a little more to flatten a little bit more the weight, and despite my gripes with the case, I'd buy it again (if I could get use to a 60%, but that's another story).

If by extra brass weight you mean the "brass sheet" then yeah, I feel you, wish I had bought one as well.

Offline yap68

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 04:23:06 »
Not buying the brass sheet during gb is due to the total price is a bit out of my budget.

I can feel you too when your screwing is slightly off on the beautifully textured back.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 January 2019, 04:29:03 by yap68 »

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 18:47:45 »

I got a convex weight (a mistake IMHO), no plate to hold it in place, basic package.

Hi, forgot to ask before. Why do you think the convex weight was a mistake? Want do you meant with the "no plate to hold it in place"?

Offline dodung.breakwood

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 23:53:29 »

I got a convex weight (a mistake IMHO), no plate to hold it in place, basic package.

Hi, forgot to ask before. Why do you think the convex weight was a mistake? Want do you meant with the "no plate to hold it in place"?

I think he attached the stand too close to the outside edge of the case. We really missed it when we did not recommend the distance of the base, the bad thing was that Jon didn't try before he fixed the screw.
210219-0210221-1210223-2

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 09:28:19 »

I think he attached the stand too close to the outside edge of the case. We really missed it when we did not recommend the distance of the base, the bad thing was that Jon didn't try before he fixed the screw.
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Ah, got it. Good to know this, because I would most likely do mistakes as well when putting the feet on. For some reason, by looking at the images when the GB was running I thought the convex weight, even though it is convex, wouldn't stood out of the case, therefore would'nt touch the table without feet. Anyway, looking forward to having this on my hands :D

Offline JDragon

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 12:10:25 »
Any ETA on the second batch?

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 17:18:11 »
Just saw the information that today, mine arrived at my country, hyped  :D

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 23:24:13 »
Received my board yesterday. Without having assembled it yet, I am unimpressed.

The good:
- The carving is intricate and I think it looks quite good. I plan to brush off any excess sawdust and apply some mineral oil.

The not so good:
- The external packaging was sufficient, but the internal packaging was severely lacking. The weight was loose inside the case and able to move freely. Three of the PCB standoffs were broken off, presumably from being repeatedly struck by the brass weight as it shifted around during transit. I should be able to superglue them back in place, but it was disheartening to see that upon opening the box.
- I believe I should have ordered the additional brass weight. It was listed as optional, but it appears to be required to hold the circular weight in place. As is, the weight simply sits in the cutout and is held in place by friction. When I flip the case upside down to admire the weight, it gets dislodged rather easily. Looking at the photo album with hindsight, I believe I could have inferred this from the photos. Given that there are four additional screw holes (not shown in photos of the prototype) around the cutout for the weight, I may be able to jury rig a system to secure the weight to the case. Consequently, I think the design of the product is rather lacking in this regard.

Overall, with some work, I believe I will be able to complete a build that I am happy with. I think this is a great product, but the execution was a bit lacking.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 January 2019, 23:36:06 by eksuen@MD »

Offline dodung.breakwood

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 03:45:56 »
Thanks for your comments, your comments are what we will modify for future products. I really want to hear and absorb, because we are newcomers :)

About broken snail holes, we are sorry, if possible, please help us fix it. And if at any time, you buy our future product, we will give you a small gift to make up for our shortcomings, thank you for sharing from you.
Received my board yesterday. Without having assembled it yet, I am unimpressed.

The good:
- The carving is intricate and I think it looks quite good. I plan to brush off any excess sawdust and apply some mineral oil.

The not so good:
- The external packaging was sufficient, but the internal packaging was severely lacking. The weight was loose inside the case and able to move freely. Three of the PCB standoffs were broken off, presumably from being repeatedly struck by the brass weight as it shifted around during transit. I should be able to superglue them back in place, but it was disheartening to see that upon opening the box.
- I believe I should have ordered the additional brass weight. It was listed as optional, but it appears to be required to hold the circular weight in place. As is, the weight simply sits in the cutout and is held in place by friction. When I flip the case upside down to admire the weight, it gets dislodged rather easily. Looking at the photo album with hindsight, I believe I could have inferred this from the photos. Given that there are four additional screw holes (not shown in photos of the prototype) around the cutout for the weight, I may be able to jury rig a system to secure the weight to the case. Consequently, I think the design of the product is rather lacking in this regard.

Overall, with some work, I believe I will be able to complete a build that I am happy with. I think this is a great product, but the execution was a bit lacking.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 January 2019, 07:46:04 by dodung.breakwood »

Offline Grindbox

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 14:29:15 »
Just curious... How many Imperial Hue cases were made for this GB?

Offline pandemic123

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 19:06:47 »
any idea when the second batch will be shipped?

Offline NAV

• Formerly A_Vicarious_Death
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 18 January 2019, 16:09:36 »
Anyone who has this incoming or already has it and wants to move on from it, please pm me <3 (highly pref the brass insert)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 19 January 2019, 16:01:09 »
Why was my post removed when asking to purchase someone's spot?

Offline pandemic123

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 18:22:31 »
is the second batch being shipped before Chinese new years? it's been several months past the ship date and the additional surprise shipping cost on top of the original paid shipping

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 21:31:43 »
I suggest sending some e-mails. I've been getting pretty fast emails back regarding some feedback and stuff.

Offline cinema

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 18:30:37 »
I suggest sending some e-mails. I've been getting pretty fast emails back regarding some feedback and stuff.

From who? I haven't received anything back in weeks.

Offline yap68

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 20:14:57 »
Send a message to Break Wood facebook. You won't have to wait long to get an answer.

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 19:04:06 »
From who? I haven't received anything back in weeks.

Sorry for the late response, I sent to the email I got when they sent me the shipping information, dodung.breakwood@gmail.com

I would suggest trying facebook as well.

Offline pandemic123

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 19:16:08 »
I got a response saying that they might have missed shipping the second batch before chinese new years shutdown so we likely have to another few weeks, maybe even a month to the time to get it to your door.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 01:03:02 »
I got a response saying that they might have missed shipping the second batch before chinese new years shutdown so we likely have to another few weeks, maybe even a month to the time to get it to your door.

TRIGGERED. My patience is wearing reaaaal thin.

Offline pandemic123

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 02:13:38 »
it's odd they don't come here and update people, how many people are still missing boards? I know they started more group buys for artisans in parallel. I think they have good intentions but this group buy was suppose to ship in September, and they added extra shipping cost saying if you pay it it will ship.

I paid my $34 right away and I was told it would say right away, then the following series of events happened
1. 1 week later I ask them if they shipped they said it will ship in 3 days
2. 5 days later I follow up they say it will ship by end of next week
3. Start seeing boards so I followup no response
4. see on the GB thread some people said the shipment is in two batch I follow up again
5. get confirmation it is in two batches told to wait 2 weeks
6. someone on forum says they say it will take till next month which is much longer than two weeks
7. recently followed up got told 3 days
8. finally followed up and was told it might not have been sent out before new years rush and might be after new years now

Offline odd

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 08:01:02 »
I'm waiting for my board and have heard nothing about shipping so far.

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 08:04:14 »
Damn, feeling pretty lucky for being for 1st batch. I'm feeling quite bad about you guys, hope everything works out in the end at least.

Offline BreakWoodVN

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 09:53:23 »
hello, everyone is calm, we are still here. The shipping is our fault, because nick "dodung.breakwood" is locked (I don't know how to open the commen), so I have to set up a new nick to answer you
    We sent goods to 15 friends this morning, the last day of the year, however, because our culture these days is drinking and meeting relatives, the transportation is a bit delayed. The carriers said "still receiving orders but will be stocking, going to New Year's Day to ship the goods" on the shipping code, we will send mail to you 15 tomorrow morning.

If you have any questions, please contact us via mail "dodung.breakwood@gmail.com" or page https://www.facebook.com/breakwoodvietnam
 We will answer you after 10 minutes (during office hours, Vietnam time)

Offline BreakWoodVN

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 23:35:47 »
Hi. This GB is divided into 3 times instead of 2 times as expected, those who receive the first batch of products have a positive feedback on the product. We are happy about that, but there are still some minor errors. So we will revise the design (specifically the copper weight), some final recipients will receive new updates. ours

Offline eksuen

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 16:01:23 »
Hi. This GB is divided into 3 times instead of 2 times as expected, those who receive the first batch of products have a positive feedback on the product. We are happy about that, but there are still some minor errors. So we will revise the design (specifically the copper weight), some final recipients will receive new updates. ours

Nice. The revised design of the weight looks much better.

Offline BreakWoodVN

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 06:37:47 »
Thank you :)

Offline BreakWoodVN

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 21:38:11 »
Hi. We updated the new design, this is part of the polishing process, it will take about 10 days of continuous shooting without stopping to remove all small scratches. Then will polish with fabric and gold plating. in this design. We added 6 screws to make sure the brass weights won't fall

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 14:39:21 »
I received mine and am wanting to make a small review of it here, but just to mention, regarding the below:

The not so good:
- I believe I should have ordered the additional brass weight. It was listed as optional, but it appears to be required to hold the circular weight in place. As is, the weight simply sits in the cutout and is held in place by friction. When I flip the case upside down to admire the weight, it gets dislodged rather easily.

I ordered the extra weight and unfortunately, the extra weight and the usual weight are not an exact fit, there is quite some space between these two, which makes the main weight still very easily dislocate from its place. The board gets really hefty with the extra weight, which is really nice. The extra weight does not have the best of finishes but since it will not be seen I don't mind it. The good part of having the extra weight regarding the looseness fo the main weight is that I managed to fit some rolled up tape to push the main weight. It is a very cheap solution but it served its purpose, which is nice.

Offline JDragon

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 18:09:09 »
I received mine and the weight stays in place when flipping the board.

How/where are the feet supposed to be attached?

Offline eksuen

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 18:17:44 »
I received mine and the weight stays in place when flipping the board.

How/where are the feet supposed to be attached?

They are attached via double-sided adhesive. Location is up to you. If you have a convex weight, however, be sure to place the feet such that the resulting angle the keyboard sits at provides enough clearance for the weight.

Offline Slippery_John

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 11:57:52 »
Can we get an update please? I'm still waiting on mine.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:17:30 »
They will respond quickly if you message them on Facebook during VN business hours. The last cases are being made with the updated weight design.

Offline odd

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 01:35:42 »
Waiting on mine as well. I cant use FB because of my job so if you are still waiting as well a update here would be awesome thanks

Offline yap68

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 02:14:51 »
Already received mine in January. Bought an extra weight later in late January which was promised to be sent immediately after CNY but still waiting for it after more than 2 months. Really don't understand what take them so long to do such a simple job.

Offline Slippery_John

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 22:36:54 »
Well mine came in, but it's not to spec. The recessed area where the pcb is supposed to sit is too small so all the keys on the bottom row scrape against the case and get stuck.

Offline melikewater

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 07 June 2019, 23:12:41 »
Well mine came in, but it's not to spec. The recessed area where the pcb is supposed to sit is too small so all the keys on the bottom row scrape against the case and get stuck.

I’m glad the rest are finally being shipped! Did they send you any notifications before they shipped it? Also did they upgrade the case? I’m still waiting on mine.

Offline foo4542

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 29 June 2019, 22:32:29 »
Was excited to have mine built then had to abort midway:
- The screws are rather weak, I ended up with 2 stripped screws.
- Some of the PCB standoffs do not fit any screws.
- Is this case supposed to have no screw holes for the feet and users have to drill themselves?

Also has anyone builts theirs with DZ60 PCB? My DZ60s screw holes are not aligned with the standoffs.

Bottom line, better quality control would have been very appreciated!

Offline dodung.breakwood

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 29 July 2019, 13:28:57 »
Hi everybody.  We update ver2 of Imperial Hue as Dragon - Vietnam with a lot of changes and nice modifications.  This update will be available for sale next week.  We look forward to everyone's support.

Offline eksuen

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 13:44:19 »
Was excited to have mine built then had to abort midway:
- The screws are rather weak, I ended up with 2 stripped screws.
- Some of the PCB standoffs do not fit any screws.
- Is this case supposed to have no screw holes for the feet and users have to drill themselves?

Also has anyone builts theirs with DZ60 PCB? My DZ60s screw holes are not aligned with the standoffs.

Bottom line, better quality control would have been very appreciated!

The feet are attached via double-sided adhesive.