Author Topic: [IC]New Original 'Panda' Linear Switch  (Read 98066 times)

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
Re: [IC]New Original 'Panda' Linear Switch
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 22:53:01 »
Pandas are back!

Offline fireworm

« Reply #301 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 23:00:25 »
Sell Pandas, buy Halos!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #302 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 23:02:27 »
:chart_with_downwards_trend:

Offline bengine

« Reply #303 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 23:12:31 »
There’s already sudden increase of halo true/clear buyers in r/mm.

Offline limepie

« Reply #304 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 23:16:03 »
I have been sitting on these damn halos for months, finally I want to taste some Holy pandas.

Offline Windeh

• a no name
« Reply #305 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 23:19:21 »
RIP

These stock halos are arse, WTB Pandas $0.3/ each pst

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #306 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 23:20:27 »
I have been sitting on these damn halos for months, finally I want to taste some Holy pandas.

Same, haha

Offline ItsAllen

« Reply #307 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 23:35:57 »
Great. When does the GB open!? :)

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #308 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 23:53:28 »
Massdrop gonna get flooded if they open up another Halo GB.

So these being called Jesus switches or what? They have arisen, after all.
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline bonuku

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 00:35:00 »
Any ETA on the holy jesus drop?

Offline dario

• obsessive–compulsive hardware slut
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 03:47:13 »
THE TIME HAS COME

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 06:46:07 »
Where the nay-sayers and non-believers?  :)) :))

Offline Dr_D

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 08:16:56 »
They seemed to have a slightly different pitch on stream, I'm guessing that's the angle people will use to try to maintain the value of OG pandas. Of course we'll still need to see a force curve, but looking good so far.

Offline crykn

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 08:21:56 »
I wonder how much it would cost to make new Holy Pandas from this GB and from Halos.

Offline dario

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 08:28:44 »
Just watched Nathan Kim's stream of him trying the new Holy Jesus. I'm sold. It sounds like the OG Holy Panda (apart from the spring.)

What do you mean apart from the spring?
I didn't get to try original HP but have seen many times people prefer them over Holy Chickies because of the heavier spring.

Offline Starston3

[IC]New Original 'Panda' Linear Switch
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 09:09:41 »
Hear me out:

Housing only version as a lot of people will be using a different stem and/or spring anyways.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 09:19:35 »
Makes total sense to me and will keep bsun costs down and, hopefully, costs to the end customer down too.

Offline Gati

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 09:29:27 »
I wonder how much it would cost to make new Holy Pandas from this GB and from Halos.

Probably a bit over a dollar (50¢ per halo, ~64¢ a panda (based on the previous 110 for 70$))

Offline 1023andy

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 09:54:28 »
Where can you see Nathan kim trying the new panda? There's nothing on youtube

Offline Starston3

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 09:57:07 »

Twitch.

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #320 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 10:22:34 »
Definitely in on these. **** all the nay sayers. Thanks for pushing through all the bull**** and working to deliver a solution for us.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #321 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 10:23:24 »

Twitch.

Post a link.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline vegs

hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline Starston3

« Reply #323 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 10:30:20 »

Offline Gati

« Reply #324 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 10:37:51 »
Twitch.

When did he get a new twitch? I was trying to find it on an old account ffs

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #325 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 11:21:47 »

Probably a bit over a dollar (50¢ per halo, ~64¢ a panda (based on the previous 110 for 70$))

I believe new panda will cost more than 1 dollar per pcs. Will see

Offline Starston3

« Reply #326 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 11:24:05 »
Twitch.

When did he get a new twitch? I was trying to find it on an old account ffs

Since at least May.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #327 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 12:21:18 »

oof

Offline Gati

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 12:23:38 »

Huge oof. That’ll be a no from me dog

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 13:04:38 »
Lmfao. Wants to bring pandas back, but still at a high price??? Come on.

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #330 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 13:10:52 »

These are not expensive? at 64 cents these are like 15% of the current market price of a panda housing?

Also look at any of premium zeals or new Arctos switches. If you expected a custom switch to be sold for as cheap as their mass produced peers, you need to seriously check your assumptions and expectations of small run manufacturing.

Even the new NK Cream Switches are priced similarly.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #331 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 13:41:45 »

1/3 of what is currently being sold second hand. It's pretty good pricing I believe.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 November 2018, 13:43:37 by oldcat »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #332 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 13:44:38 »
I suspect second hand holy panda will converge to about 2-2.5 per pcs, depending on how avaiable bsun panda will be (and its final pricing) and halo switches are.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 15:03:41 »

These are not expensive? at 64 cents these are like 15% of the current market price of a panda housing?

Also look at any of premium zeals or new Arctos switches. If you expected a custom switch to be sold for as cheap as their mass produced peers, you need to seriously check your assumptions and expectations of small run manufacturing.

Even the new NK Cream Switches are priced similarly.

Where are you seeing 64 cents? He literally just said a dollar if not more. You need to check your info.

Offline Olitender

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 15:32:49 »
OMG. Holy Jesus. This thread is legendary.
Going into heat.

Offline dario

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 15:34:45 »
What the fuk is wrong with you all, who said anything about prices. You are literally fighting over someones expectations. LMAO

Well, I expect they will cost $35 dollars a piece.

And when you open the switch, you get one pill of ecstasy or some other psychoactive drug, to get in touch with Jesus more easily.

Offline dPaK

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 15:46:09 »
Yeah, I was waiting for this. Ok, guys, I'm ready for this new pandas. I would say: shut up and take my money!. We will need halos too, maybe a GB for the halos?

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #337 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 15:49:02 »
Yeah, I was waiting for this. Ok, guys, I'm ready for this new pandas. I would say: shut up and take my money!. We will need halos too, maybe a GB for the halos?

There's 1 company only that owns the rights to Halos...

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 16:02:34 »
What the fuk is wrong with you all, who said anything about prices. You are literally fighting over someones expectations. LMAO

Well, I expect they will cost $35 dollars a piece.

And when you open the switch, you get one pill of ecstasy or some other psychoactive drug, to get in touch with Jesus more easily.

Yes! GB for these please!

There's 1 company only that owns the rights to Halos...

Yeah ****s R Us haha.
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #339 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 16:06:37 »

Where are you seeing 64 cents? He literally just said a dollar if not more. You need to check your info.

Always happy to double check my info! One question though, who's "He"? The individuals quoted above are not the OP. I based my 64 cents on the estimate from the original 110 for $70. But my point still stands, even if they sold for $1.25 per switch, you're still looking at a 75% discount from market prices of $5 per HOUSING. Also, this thread is evidence that people are still more than happy to pay at least that amount. Furthermore, Many people compare the Panda experience to SKCM Alps, which regularly go for $1+ per switch.

Do you mind sharing where you got your $1 / switch estimate?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #340 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 17:25:36 »

Always happy to double check my info! One question though, who's "He"? The individuals quoted above are not the OP. I based my 64 cents on the estimate from the original 110 for $70. But my point still stands, even if they sold for $1.25 per switch, you're still looking at a 75% discount from market prices of $5 per HOUSING. Also, this thread is evidence that people are still more than happy to pay at least that amount. Furthermore, Many people compare the Panda experience to SKCM Alps, which regularly go for $1+ per switch.

Do you mind sharing where you got your $1 / switch estimate?

So your argument is over an old gb price? Also, it doesn’t matter what the switch compares to. If this gb turns out like the way it should, there’s gonna be A LOT of pandas on the market. The reason why alps and pandas cost a lot is because there isn’t enough supply for the demand. Alsp isn’t that demanding, but it’s still rare. Oldcat seems like he’s in ties with Supervan so I trust what he says and I never said that the pricing was ultimate. All I’m saying is that supervan has very high hopes of getting pandas to everyone, but IMO, a switch that costs over a dollar is ridiculous. No one is content with zeal’s switch pricing. There’s literally a meme about his pricing, but people will always buy the switches, doesn’t mean they’re happy with it. You also seem to be taking everyone’s excitement as “I WILL PAY FOR THE SWITCH NO MATTER WHAT”. Just cause people are excited doesn’t mean they would be happy with the potential price.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #341 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 17:50:07 »
Arrow sells retooled blacks at 20 cents a switch. Random person Jesus' pandas, a substantially worse stock linear, back from beyond the grave to make meme switches at over a dollar a switch.

Next.

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #342 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 18:18:09 »
So your argument is over an old gb price? Also, it doesn’t matter what the switch compares to. If this gb turns out like the way it should, there’s gonna be A LOT of pandas on the market. The reason why alps and pandas cost a lot is because there isn’t enough supply for the demand. Alsp isn’t that demanding, but it’s still rare. Oldcat seems like he’s in ties with Supervan so I trust what he says and I never said that the pricing was ultimate. All I’m saying is that supervan has very high hopes of getting pandas to everyone, but IMO, a switch that costs over a dollar is ridiculous. No one is content with zeal’s switch pricing. There’s literally a meme about his pricing, but people will always buy the switches, doesn’t mean they’re happy with it. You also seem to be taking everyone’s excitement as “I WILL PAY FOR THE SWITCH NO MATTER WHAT”. Just cause people are excited doesn’t mean they would be happy with the potential price.

My argument is not about old vs new prices. I assumed that was pretty clear when I conceded that even at $1.25, it would still be a fair market value for the new switch.

My argument is against your statement: 

and the points I was trying to make are:

1. The statement came off entitled. This person is here to solve a supply issue in the community, and when they are able to offer a product at a 75% discount of the current market price, this is still not enough for you.
2. The statement is unproductive.
3. "high price" is a relative term, and I was pointing out that if you compare these to other endgame switches like SKCM alps, its not actually that high.
4. These switches are not going to be produced in anywhere close to the quantity that "regular" Cherry/Gatreon switches are produced and thus comparing the prices between the two is unfair.

Apologies if these were unclear in my initial response.

What I see in this thread is that someone is trying to do something for the community, and the community is ****ting on them without due cause. There is absolutely no evidence that the GB runner is pricing these unfairly or with a "predatory" mindset. The GB runner already overcame all the initial nay-sayers by producing a switch that is actually very close to the original Invyr Panda and now that this has been independently verified by reviewers, the community wants to start complaining about the HYPOTHETICAL price.

If you don't like the way a GB is run, don't join the GB. But please be respectful to the GB runners.

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 18:26:21 »
Switches gonna be a dollar. I'll put a dollar on it

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #344 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 18:45:09 »

My argument is not about old vs new prices. I assumed that was pretty clear when I conceded that even at $1.25, it would still be a fair market value for the new switch.

1. The statement came off entitled. This person is here to solve a supply issue in the community, and when they are able to offer a product at a 75% discount of the current market price, this is still not enough for you.
3. "high price" is a relative term, and I was pointing out that if you compare these to other endgame switches like SKCM alps, its not actually that high.
4. These switches are not going to be produced in anywhere close to the quantity that "regular" Cherry/Gatreon switches are produced and thus comparing the prices between the two is unfair.

What I see in this thread is that someone is trying to do something for the community, and the community is ****ting on them without due cause. There is absolutely no evidence that the GB runner is pricing these unfairly or with a "predatory" mindset. The GB runner already overcame all the initial nay-sayers by producing a switch that is actually very close to the original Invyr Panda and now that this has been independently verified by reviewers, the community wants to start complaining about the HYPOTHETICAL price.

If you don't like the way a GB is run, don't join the GB. But please be respectful to the GB runners.

Unproductive how? I stated my opinion that I feel like the switches shouldn't be priced high. Since you wanna compare switches. Arctos switches are 75c each and they are also lubed. That is a fair price since they are lubed, doesn't matter if they are lubed by hand, that's extra work and deserves to be priced higher. It makes sense. And as Virgith said, we're gonna pay 1.25 for a meme switch that has to be used as another part to make a holy panda otherwise it's mediocre switch. Just because I made one comment you say its ****ting on him? You cannot be serious. You're acting as if he is a child that needs defending.

Offline kevinzavier

« Reply #345 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 19:06:19 »
Thanks supervan

Offline 1023andy

« Reply #346 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 19:29:26 »
When will the GB start? And I believe the OG pandas are factory lubed, are the new pandas going to be lubed too?

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 20:11:06 »

Unproductive how? I stated my opinion that I feel like the switches shouldn't be priced high. Since you wanna compare switches. Arctos switches are 75c each and they are also lubed. That is a fair price since they are lubed, doesn't matter if they are lubed by hand, that's extra work and deserves to be priced higher. It makes sense. And as Virgith said, we're gonna pay 1.25 for a meme switch that has to be used as another part to make a holy panda otherwise it's mediocre switch. Just because I made one comment you say its ****ting on him? You cannot be serious. You're acting as if he is a child that needs defending.

Again, my friend, prices are relative. You have the right to think 1$ per switch is ridiculous, but you know what’s even more ridiculous? 5 freaking USD per switch, and yet people are still willing to pay that price for their end game experience. So if the OP’s offering a similar experience at a fraction of the current cost, then he doesn’t deserve half of the bashing he’s received from the COMMUNITY (not you).

Tbh, let’s not talk about pricing until the OP has his say.
Jane V2 | Jane CE | Jane V2 CE | Police | Kaze | KMAC 2 | BRG Haus | Sessantacinque | Ori CLS-2 FE | Dalco 959 Mini | Mechlovin' Unikorn | G81-3100 SAV | Model M SSK

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 21:15:26 »
When the mold and whoever machined the mold is 5k miles away, things can be uncertain.
Guess we will find out soon enough.

Hahaha

Offline dPaK

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 21:33:25 »
I'm a newcomer and I don't know all the story about Invyr and Holy Pandas, but SuperVan deserves all my respects: he promised to bring back to life the Panda, being the same switch but with bsun logo and he has accomplished. So I will like to beg to the community some patience and gratitude, this person and other collaborators are doing the best effort so all of us can enjoy the Panda-phenom. Thank you