Author Topic: [IC]New Original 'Panda' Linear Switch  (Read 98059 times)

Offline mrpetrov

Re: [IC]New Original 'Panda' Linear Switch
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 22:27:08 »
I'm a newcomer and I don't know all the story about Invyr and Holy Pandas, but SuperVan deserves all my respects: he promised to bring back to life the Panda, being the same switch but with bsun logo and he has accomplished. So I will like to beg to the community some patience and gratitude, this person and other collaborators are doing the best effort so all of us can enjoy the Panda-phenom. Thank you

Hey supervan, well done with the test run man it worked brilliantly! Can't wait for the gb and thanks again for dropping by!

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #351 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 22:44:00 »
Arrow sells retooled blacks at 20 cents a switch. Random person Jesus' pandas, a substantially worse stock linear, back from beyond the grave to make meme switches at over a dollar a switch.

Next.
Pm

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #352 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 23:05:20 »
Nathan Kim just covered these new Holy Jesus on his channel. Come check it out guys. Looks very promising!

Offline Punchy Lab

« Reply #353 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 00:25:26 »
Let it be.

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #354 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 00:27:29 »
Hi, guys. Please stop arguing.
1. About the price. I've thought the price out before October. I've prepared a lot of new pandas for guys who will join the GB making sure they will receive their new pandas soon after the GB ended. The MOQ of new pandas will be 10k. The price per switch will be 1.5dollar - 10k, 1.2dollar - 20k, 1dollar - 50k. Considering what I have paid for them, I think it will be a reasonable price. It's your right that you can choose to buy new pandas or not. I fully respect your thoughts. But pricing was based on how much I've paid for new pandas. It sucks that some guys try to attack me for another new reason, I haven't even given my price yet before the reply! How can you criticize the price before I announced?By your own imaging? Stop being immature, you guys are all adults.
2. About the GB. I will run the GB after quakemz and manofinterests tested new panda samples. I really respect them and thanks for their contributions. I will satisfy some guys' requirements renaming the 'New Panda' to 'Gsus (not Jesus)'.

Thanks for all the supports. Let's look forward to the GB.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 November 2018, 00:29:05 by SuperVan »

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #355 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 00:33:49 »
1. About the price. I've thought the price out before October. I've prepared a lot of new pandas for guys who will join the GB making sure they will receive their new pandas soon after the GB ended. The MOQ of new pandas will be 10k. The price per switch will be 1.5dollar - 10k, 1.2dollar - 20k, 1dollar - 50k. Considering what I have paid for them, I think it will be a reasonable price. It's your right that you can choose to buy new pandas or not. I fully respect your thoughts. But pricing was based on how much I've paid for new pandas. It sucks that some guys try to attack me for another new reason, I haven't even given my price yet before the reply! How can you criticize the price before I announced?By your own imaging? Stop being immature, you guys are all adults.
2. About the GB. I will run the GB after quakemz and manofinterests tested new panda samples. I really respect them and thanks for their contributions. I will satisfy some guys' requirements renaming the 'New Panda' to 'Gsus (not Jesus)'.

Please don't be discourage. The action and attitude of certain individual towards you do not reflect the community as a whole. What you are doing is a a true blessing to our community and I do think the pricing is fair. Look forward to GB and can't wait for it to drop. 

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #356 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 00:43:45 »
That’s awesome supervan, if anyone doesn’t like the pricing I’m sure they can just skip the GB - that’s how free choice works in an open market!

I have no doubt that you will hit the 50k mark personally - I’ll be coming in for sure subject to consistent feedback from Quakemz. I think we are lucky to have such great choices for switches etc in this hobby. Thanks for your effort and patience bringing the Holy Gsus (not Jesus) switch to fruition!

Will the GB be for the whole switch or just the housings? Would you consider doing just the housings to reduce the cost a little?

Offline vegs

« Reply #357 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 00:52:40 »
Praised be Holy Gsus
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline airlangga07

« Reply #358 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 00:57:59 »

Thank you SuperVan! Really looking forward for the GB!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #359 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 01:10:08 »
Nathan Kim just covered these new Holy Jesus on his channel. Come check it out guys. Looks very promising!

Did he talk about tactility at all? I had time only to check for few minutes and only thing i could see was sound (where even an outemu sky can do that sound more or less)

Also did anyone test other stems too or take the leaf out or compared the tops? Making a comparison only with halo may be kinda incomplete

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #360 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 01:14:13 »
Looking forward to the GB. I’m in all at all price points for at least 240 switches.

You’ve done some really amazing work here SuperVan. Thanks for everything!

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #361 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 01:18:54 »

Did he talk about tactility at all? I had time only to check for few minutes and only thing i could see was sound (where even an outemu sky can do that sound more or less)

Also did anyone test other stems too or take the leaf out or compared the tops? Making a comparison only with halo may be kinda incomplete
Yea I think he did make a final comment regarding how own opinion. He said SuperVan was right about this. The new switch sounds and feels similar to his Holy Pandas. We don't know yet about other reviewer, but Nathan already confirmed that this new line up of Holy Pandas is legit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #362 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 01:28:22 »

Yea I think he did make a final comment regarding how own opinion. He said SuperVan was right about this. The new switch sounds and feels similar to his Holy Pandas. We don't know yet about other reviewer, but Nathan already confirmed that this new line up of Holy Pandas is legit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hopefully someone makes a comparison with bsun in terms of tactility, without considering the sound by doing so.
I would like to understand if the tactility due the housing tight top and leaf is more similar to the panda or bsun.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #363 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 01:31:42 »
I believe manofinterest got samples... and has a force curse machine. He'll have hard facts and science to back up claims.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #364 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 08:15:47 »
This comedy just keeps getting better. :thumb:

Let me add some more material.

Zeal switches $0.65-$0.9 = "claimed innovation"
Supervan Gsus $1.5 = "Paying a bounty hunter to find the dirty old molds Mech27 and Invyr hid in the desert, then got betrayed by the bounty hunter when the molds were held for ransom, hence the $1.5"

Offline dario

• obsessive–compulsive hardware slut
« Reply #365 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 09:00:45 »
Supervan Gsus $1.5 = "Paying a bounty hunter to find the dirty old molds Mech27 and Invyr hid in the desert, then got betrayed by the bounty hunter when the molds were held for ransom, hence the $1.5"

Don't forget part of the story where he supports himself under false identity.

In the end, we'll find our that SuperVan is actually Mech27, pretending to be someone else, that way stabbing Invyr in the back and getting all the money and pussies for himself.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #366 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 09:21:28 »

In the end, we'll find our that SuperVan is actually Mech27, pretending to be someone else, that way stabbing Invyr in the back and getting all the money and pussies for himself.
Why are you guys holding so much grudge against SuperVan? He is here with the promise of bringing back Holy Pandas, and based on the review we had so far, I'd say he delivered his game. I'm here for the switches. I couldn't care less about all the other drama alias pretending bull****.  It's very simple. If the switch lives up to its expectation, join the GB. If it doesn't, leave in silence. I want to see this community grows, so please give the guy some room to breathe.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #367 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 09:28:03 »

Why are you guys holding so much grudge against SuperVan? He is here with the promise of bringing back Holy Pandas, and based on the review we had so far, I'd say he delivered his game. I'm here for the switches. I couldn't care less about all the other drama alias pretending bull****.  It's very simple. If the switch lives up to its expectation, join the GB. If it doesn't, leave in silence. I want to see this community grows, so please give the guy some room to breathe.
For the community to grow there needs to be trust.

It's not holding grudges, but making clear how this came to be. Sometimes the ends justifies the means but not everyone likes to support those means. Let's take SPRiT: so many buy from even though they know they scammed people years back and there are other that will never buy from them.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #368 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 09:38:28 »

It's not holding grudges, but making clear how this came to be. Sometimes the ends justifies the means but not everyone likes to support those means. Let's take SPRiT: so many buy from even though they know they scammed people years back and there are other that will never buy from them.
I just don't see the reason why we even need to worry about all the drama behind the original molds being destroyed or Bsuns' mold vs. 27's mold or whatnot. Just pay attention to the damn switch and whether or not it feels the same to the original pandas. I couldn't care less about where Supervan got his mold from or where he manufactures these switches. The only thing I care about is the end result, whether or not it lives up to its hype. Save all the cat story behind for another day, those are not the point of an interest check.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #369 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 10:04:24 »
Moderation note: please refrain from personal insults and continue the discussion in a more calm and rational manner.  Thread cleaned up.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #370 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 10:06:01 »
Loving the Gsus name. Thanks for your efforts SuperVan! Hoping quakems and manofinterests get to create and share impressions of a Holy Gsus ("True Gsus"?) in their review. Would be nice to see how they compare to Zealios v2.

Definitely in for 100+, pending reviews.

I wonder if people got this excited in the OG resurrection, or if this is just a Second Coming phenomenon.
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline appaboy

« Reply #371 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 10:10:41 »
I feel like it would have been wiser to reproduce only the housings as that's pretty much what people buy them for and rk sell them at a cheaper price for only the housing. The originals were awful awful linear switches but they rose in popularity once using the housing to make meme tactiles
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline numerofour

« Reply #372 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 10:11:13 »
Loving the Gsus name. Thanks for your efforts SuperVan! Hoping quakems and manofinterests get to create and share impressions of a Holy Gsus ("True Gsus"?) in their review. Would be nice to see how they compare to Zealios v2.

Definitely in for 100+, pending reviews.

I wonder if people got this excited in the OG resurrection, or if this is just a Second Coming phenomenon.

If you based your impressions of the Holy Gsus off Nathan's video, and assuming that the Holy Gsus is near identical to the Holy Pandas, then you can check out his video of the Zealios V2. He did make comparisons of the V2 to Holy Pandas, so I guess the comparison between V2 to Holy Gsus shouldn't be too far off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dario

« Reply #373 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 10:11:53 »

You already have that, watch the review of Zealios v2.

Offline Koatl

• Kozahtli on reddit, etc.
« Reply #374 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 10:14:34 »

You already have that, watch the review of Zealios v2.

Oh sick, thanks! Will check it out!
☷☴☲☱☶☵☳☰

Offline dario

« Reply #375 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 10:21:52 »
Oh sick, thanks! Will check it out!

Yeah, and what I had in mind was manofinterests stream on Zealios V2. Didn't see NK's review yet.

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #376 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 10:53:34 »

For the community to grow, you have to compare me with SPRiT. Even if I have never scrammed anyone. What a reason!
If you wanna know how this came to be, you can find out the answer by yourself instead of questioning me. It's your right to skip the GB if you don't trust me. Stop defaming me if you don't have any prove. It's stupid and rude.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 10:57:48 »
$1.50/switch is completely bonkers. You're either running massive margins or the manufacturer took you without lube. Either way, nope. Enjoy your overpriced mediocrity!

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #378 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:02:29 »
$1.50/switch is completely bonkers. You're either running massive margins or the manufacturer took you without lube. Either way, nope. Enjoy your overpriced mediocrity!
It seems that you think new pandas can't hit 20k.

Offline crykn

« Reply #379 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:03:11 »
Yeah I wish there was a way to bring the price down by just buying housings. Most people won't use them as linears, and I hate the idea of throwing away a bunch of stuff unnecessarily between the stems from these and the housings from halos. Seems wasteful, but at the same time I understand.

I think $1/switch at 50k units (which should be no problem considering the popularity) is slightly high considering the lack of innovation or design effort since it's just remaking an old switch from existing molds. Especially factoring in the need to buy another type of switch to make it desirable.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 November 2018, 18:46:40 by crykn »

Offline Gajible

« Reply #380 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:06:39 »

No, it seems your margins are significantly higher than any other "new" switch, or you need to have a good long talk with your manufacturer. If these are costing YOU as the GB runner anything more than 30˘/switch I'll be astonished.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #381 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:06:50 »

For the community to grow, you have to compare me with SPRiT. Even if I have never scrammed anyone. What a reason!
If you wanna know how this came to be, you can find out the answer by yourself instead of questioning me. It's your right to skip the GB if you don't trust me. Stop defaming me if you don't have any prove. It's stupid and rude.

Not comparing you to SPRiT, just used them as an example of hazy backgrounds in the community.

Not everything is an attack. Some of this valid criticism.

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #382 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:10:50 »

Not comparing you to SPRiT, just used them as an example of hazy backgrounds in the community.

Not everything is an attack. Some of this valid criticism.
Does your example have any relation to me?  Is it also a valid criticism?

Offline PoochZag

« Reply #383 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:15:49 »
Selling things isn't a public service, sellers are allowed to have margins, and it's their right to set a price they feel is best based on supply and demand. If a price for something is too high vote with your wallet and buy something else
TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #384 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:16:40 »

No, it seems your margins are significantly higher than any other "new" switch, or you need to have a good long talk with your manufacturer. If these are costing YOU as the GB runner anything more than 30˘/switch I'll be astonished.
Please provide accurate information instead of surmising. It's irresponsible.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #385 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:21:30 »
...sellers are allowed to have margins, and it's their right to set a price they feel is best based on supply and demand...

Sure, but buyers also have a right to know that this particular product almost certainly has margin of over 1$. To put that in perspective, that's more than the entire cost of most "boutique" switches in margin alone.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #386 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:24:46 »

You're the GB runner, by all means, correct me!

Edit: For what it's worth, 30˘/switch was a pretty conservative guess and I'd be willing to wager it's less
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:27:12 by Gajible »

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #387 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:26:11 »
...sellers are allowed to have margins, and it's their right to set a price they feel is best based on supply and demand...

Sure, but buyers also have a right to know that this particular product almost certainly has margin of over 1$. To put that in perspective, that's more than the entire cost of most "boutique" switches in margin alone.

Since when do buyers have the right to know anything? Do you go into an electronics store and ask them for a cost breakdown of an item you're interested in purchasing? Do you go into a restaurant and ask the chef for the list of ingredients and how much each costs them? Do you go into a pharmacy and as them for a cost analysis of the pills you're puchasing? I already know the answer to that, so don't bother answering.

You are in no position to ask for margins at all. If you don't like the cost of something, don't buy it. It's as simple as that.

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #388 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:27:58 »

Sure, but buyers also have a right to know that this particular product almost certainly has margin of over 1$.
U so good at surmising. It means when the gb hit 50k, I will get extra margin from factory. Could you please introduce a factory like you thought to me?

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #389 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:30:41 »
100% agree. Honestly, the fact that he appears to be providing a product which is currently going for $5-6 a switch, for $1-1.5 a switch, is a great thing for the community. Might he be making a decent profit? Sure, but he could get away with more knowing how hard it is to come by Invyr Pandas. [Edit] Meant to reply to clik_clak above...
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:33:20 by cdhoffmann »

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #390 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:31:47 »

Edit: For what it's worth, 30˘/switch was a pretty conservative guess and I'd be willing to wager it's less
Why don't you run a switch gb instead of complaining volubly?

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #391 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:32:03 »
Blows my mind how many complaints there are when we are going to able to get pandas for $1 instead of $5....
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:34:54 by cdhoffmann »

Offline dario

« Reply #392 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:37:17 »

He's a student living in Russia trying to make some money. Price is maybe too high, but not gonna lie, I'd probably do the same.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #393 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:37:55 »
People. This is our ever chance of getting Holy Pandas. Keep pissing off the man and there will be no Pandas for any of us.  :-\

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #394 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:41:21 »

Why don't you run a switch gb instead of complaining volubly?

Because I'm not a shady opportunist.

Then don't buy them. It's as simple as that.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #395 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:41:40 »
People. This is our ever chance of getting Holy Pandas. Keep pissing off the man and there will be no Pandas for any of us.  :-\

That'd save a lot of people a lot of money. For reference, original Panda was manufactured under 20 cents/switch.

Offline Dr_D

« Reply #396 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:43:36 »
Are people really going to complain about having to pay $1-1.5 a switch for Pandas when they were going for $6 a switch? wew.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #397 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:43:50 »

That'd save a lot of people a lot of money. For reference, original Panda was manufactured under 20 cents/switch.

You know what'd save a lot of people a lot of money? Being able to buy Pandas for $1 instead of $6.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #398 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:44:50 »
Moderation note: please refrain from personal insults and continue the discussion in a more calm and rational manner.  Thread cleaned up.

This still stands, and we will continue removing posts and issuing warnings if everyone doesn't take a deep breath and doesn't start posting more constructively and respectfully.

- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #399 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 11:45:56 »
SuperVan is our friend, not our enemy. He expended tremendous effort in brining panda back.