geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Car Thread

<< < (3/621) > >>

Joey Quinn:
I'm 18 so I have yet to buy my own car but I grew up in a great family so I've been able to drive a bunch of cars. The only fun car that my dad has owned while I've legally been able to drive is an ap1 s2000. But he worked for Audi and Porsche for a while so we get cool stuff to drive for a weekend every once and a while. I am currently studying to be a mechanical engineer with the hope I'll be able to get a job in the automotive industry.

baldgye:
I really like cars, but I don't really have the income to buy a track car or a serious road car. I love my focus though as its fun to drive slowly and has good econ.

Also my dads 3.2 Audi A3(?) Quatro is fun when you can throw it round some corners at speed

pichu23:

^ C200 2013 Model. :D It's not mine as I don't own any car yet. I drive it when my there's no car at home for me to use.
Since I'm overseas now, I'll only be getting a car once I've graduated.
I love Mercedes out of all the 3 big German carmakers. Audi is pretty nice too, I'm liking the design of the A4 as well :D

Joey Quinn:

--- Quote from: pichu23 on Thu, 11 December 2014, 13:42:49 ---Show Image

^ C200 2013 Model. :D It's not mine as I don't own any car yet. I drive it when my there's no car at home for me to use.
Since I'm overseas now, I'll only be getting a car once I've graduated.
I love Mercedes out of all the 3 big German carmakers. Audi is pretty nice too, I'm liking the design of the A4 as well :D

--- End quote ---

A4s are really solid cars, the first one my mom owned lasted 14 years, the second 12 years, and the current one has been in the family for about a year.

katushkin:

--- Quote from: dustinhxc on Thu, 11 December 2014, 13:18:12 ---

--- Quote from: katushkin on Thu, 11 December 2014, 12:06:54 ---I've not had any cars that people would typically pour money into, other than the one I have right now. I've only been driving about 6 years as well, so I've not had that many cars.

Of note I've had:

A 2001 Vauxhall Vectra 2.6l V6

Show Image

Currently got a 1991 Mk2 Golf CL 1.6td

Show Image

I inherited the Golf last year and I've just been making him road worthy this year. Next year hopefully going to get some nice steel wheels and get the interior redone. Maybe a complete refurb of the undercarriage too, we will see.

--- End quote ---

Love the MK2 man!

--- End quote ---

Thanks man, it's an obsession right now. I just want to do everything to it, but I need about 10K to get it up to the standard I would like before modifications hah ^_^ Just want to do right to it for my grandad as he knew I loved the car and I knew he was going to leave it to me in his will. So yeah. Never gonna sell it hah.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version