Author Topic: Introduction and Formatting Test  (Read 4847 times)

Offline norm

• My kingdom for convex blanks
Introduction and Formatting Test
« on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 13:51:10 »
Just testing out the formatting of this site and if my avatar is too grainy. Have been lurking way too long on this site to not have an account.

I am moderately experienced in the hobby. Already on a couple group buys so I figured I should be able to comment on what seems like dozens of 80's/early 90's themed keycap ICs (because we need more of those).

Here's what I got, let's see if it even posts. As you can tell, I am a sucker for split spacebars (who needs symmetry anyway?).
275569-0

Watch out Kokaloo  :cool:
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 August 2021, 13:53:48 by norm »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Introduction and Formatting Test
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 14:26:41 »
Hiya, Norm.

I like your resin case. It's a beauty.

What kinds of keymaps do you use split space for on your 60% board?

Offline norm

• My kingdom for convex blanks
Re: Introduction and Formatting Test
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 22:12:34 »
Hiya, Norm.

I like your resin case. It's a beauty.

What kinds of keymaps do you use split space for on your 60% board?
*just seein what it looks like on my end when I quote*

Hello pixelpusher!
Thanks man, I really like my case too because it gives me the freedom to put any color for the lighting. I plan to pair it with GMK Amethyst, where at least I will have dedicated space bar blanks :thumb:.

I actually keep my backspace and delete keys on my left 2.25u key. After typing for a bit I realized that I only hit the space bar with my right thumb so the secondary backspace just fell in to place. Delete is on the fn modifier layer. Now I can't imagine stretching my pinky allllllllllllll the way to the top right of my keyboard to fix my frequent mistakes.
Now that I think about it, I am not using a layer modifier for my right 2.75u.

Here is the base color for the keeb, as I'm sure you're aware
275577-0

I appreciate the welcome, the layout of this site has always had a charm to me. I just can't believe a name as simple as "norm" hasn't been registered in this site's history lol