Author Topic: [GB] SA Polyclear Important Announcement (Leadtime delays)  (Read 44482 times)

Offline sipp11

Re: [GB] SA Polyclear (3 DAYS LEFT!) GB Ends 20th Oct
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 10:19:44 »
Show Image

If anyone is wondering about clarity, the SA Relegendables are the same material/process for this, Polyclear will be the same except with a stem.

Wow, this turns out to be one of the most disappointed sets of the year. Clarity? I don't say any on my set. I wish I didn't see this misleading photos back then.

Offline dahun.kim@

Re: [GB] SA Polyclear Important Announcement (Leadtime delays)
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 23:33:46 »
I entered SA polyclear GB through the vendor 'Swagkey', the korean vendor.
They asked me and other buyers like 'wanna receive or wanna refund?' with the pictures of product received from Signature Plastics.
I answered I wanna refund and finally they refunded me.
I'm absolutely aware that Swagkey has suffered a loss from this refund, but maybe they earn the trust of buyers.
I'm not sure what's right, but it doesn't seem right to put the blame only on buyers. I think vendors and Achromous and SP should talk about it.
It may be necessary to decentralize responsibility.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 December 2022, 15:33:55 by dahun.kim@ »

Offline k-dub

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 03:23:55 »
South Korea has some of the best customer protection laws. I am not surprised you got offered a refund.

Offline dahun.kim@

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 19 December 2022, 00:45:28 »
South Korea has some of the best customer protection laws. I am not surprised you got offered a refund.

I think Swagkey did not refund because of Korean law. Korean consumers don't have strong protection as you think.
I think the reason they refunded is moral. And I was surprised to hear that sellers elsewhere were sending disappointing products to buyers.
Isn't the reason why they get the sales commission not because they are responsible for the product to some extent?
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 December 2022, 15:32:04 by dahun.kim@ »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 19 December 2022, 05:02:18 »
I received mine and they are meh at best.  I will keep mine because I would not want to put anyone info financial ruin over this, but that said damage has been done for any future sets or developments.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline WXYaa

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 19 December 2022, 15:05:20 »
I entered SA polyclear GB through the vendor 'Swagkey', the korean vendor. They asked me and other buyers like 'wanna receive or wanna refund?' with the pictures of product received from Signature Plastics. I answered I wanna refund and finally they refunded me.
I'm absolutely aware that Swagkey has suffered a loss from this refund, but maybe they earn the trust of buyers.
I'm not sure what's right, but it doesn't seem right to put the blame only on buyers. I think vendors and Achromous and SP should talk about it.

Swagkey did the right thing. This is clearly not SA Poly'Clear' but Poly'Frost'! Vala Supply just went ahead and shipped the inferior products...

Offline TheGreatNate

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 09:42:52 »
I entered SA polyclear GB through the vendor 'Swagkey', the korean vendor. They asked me and other buyers like 'wanna receive or wanna refund?' with the pictures of product received from Signature Plastics. I answered I wanna refund and finally they refunded me.

Swagkey did the right thing. This is clearly not SA Poly'Clear' but Poly'Frost'! Vala Supply just went ahead and shipped the inferior products...

Kinda unfair to blame Vala for this isn't it? Shouldn't the manufacturer have never shipped the inferior product to Vala?

I bought these and unfortunately they are very disappointing. I am primarily disappointed in the lack of uniformity across the keys in terms of the clarity. I can understand people being frustrated by the tooling marks and the designer should've conveyed the possibility of this aspect better, but personally I could overlook that to some extent if the keys were clear across the board. They are not and that is on the manufacturer in my opinion. If they could not provide a uniform run they should've made this known and frankly, just canceled the group buy rather than producing something that is simply unacceptable. And I have seen where folks in this thread have said "these were never going to look like the renders." Yes, I get that, but some rows look acceptably close, while others almost look like they should belong to a different set altogether. I'm not sure if the issue was with the material or the molds, but in both cases that falls to the manufacturer to diagnose and correct.

Offline dantambok

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 10:30:49 »
got my set last week. dont even want to open the package anymore lol
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline dahun.kim@

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 21:15:44 »
Kinda unfair to blame Vala for this isn't it? Shouldn't the manufacturer have never shipped the inferior product to Vala?

I bought these and unfortunately they are very disappointing. I am primarily disappointed in the lack of uniformity across the keys in terms of the clarity. I can understand people being frustrated by the tooling marks and the designer should've conveyed the possibility of this aspect better, but personally I could overlook that to some extent if the keys were clear across the board. They are not and that is on the manufacturer in my opinion. If they could not provide a uniform run they should've made this known and frankly, just canceled the group buy rather than producing something that is simply unacceptable. And I have seen where folks in this thread have said "these were never going to look like the renders." Yes, I get that, but some rows look acceptably close, while others almost look like they should belong to a different set altogether. I'm not sure if the issue was with the material or the molds, but in both cases that falls to the manufacturer to diagnose and correct.

I agree with you. But I don't think it's going to work very well for all individual buyers to raise issues directly with the manufacturer. Wouldn't it be an effective response if each vendor aggregates the opinions of the buyers associated with them and delivers them to the manufacturer? If the vendors didn't protect the buyers at all, it would have been better to contact Signature Plastics directly from the start, except for the vendor. My point is that vendors have their own roles and responsibilities.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 December 2022, 21:18:00 by dahun.kim@ »

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 21 December 2022, 01:10:41 »

You absolutely blame the lead vendor because they're supposed to be the adult in the room to make sure it doesn't run off the rails.  However, I guess that's too much to ask for Vala given their absolutely clusterF of fulfillment issues.  It's a red flag when you've run over 50 GBs and have yet to fulfill one.  I'd be shocked if they did the right thing and offer straight up refunds like how other vendors are addressing the issue.

Offline panpipe

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 03 January 2023, 07:46:51 »
I don't even want to open the package. It's sat on my desk since I got the delivery a couple of weeks ago. Real shame.

Offline WXYaa

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 03 January 2023, 23:29:40 »

I was not blaming Vala for the outcome. I was clearly referring to the handling of the situation compare to Swagkey. One could say that Vala just wanted to get them out to the customers asap without knowing the issue. But that's kinda their responsibility to make sure they are shipping the right products to the customers. We didn't buy from SP and we paid our vendors directly. Imaging Amazon tells you to contact manufacturers for all your customer services and complaints... I know it sounds like a ****ty deal, but that's the responsibility of a vendor for getting a cut on the profit. The vendors are the only ones that can deal with SP to resolve the issues.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 04 January 2023, 19:34:31 »
I was not blaming Vala for the outcome. I was clearly referring to the handling of the situation compare to Swagkey. One could say that Vala just wanted to get them out to the customers asap without knowing the issue. But that's kinda their responsibility to make sure they are shipping the right products to the customers.
same thing happened with MW Demon girl and mykeyboard.eu: set is scratched, scuffed and severely color mismatched abd they just shipped it without batting an eye. bolsa (lead vendor) is entirely remaking them. what you gonna do, lesson learned

Offline CopticSaint

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 10 January 2023, 13:20:59 »
For what it's worth, I just got a full refund from Vala. They agreed with no convincing that that the set is defective. Overall I'm 100% satisfied with them and don't think they hold any blame.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 15 January 2023, 09:27:55 »
I have sent an email to noesc.co.uk requesting a full refund.  These caps are really not good enough to use on a board.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Alltorn-N56

• Nordic ISO or Bust
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 05 March 2023, 15:53:56 »
Is there anyone who has recieved information from European vendors for when the keycaps will be shipped? It's getting worrying now. Some have recieved their sets. I don't even have an update from Candykeys.
Nordic ISO or Bust

Offline lazaret

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 06 March 2023, 11:45:30 »
Is there anyone who has recieved information from European vendors for when the keycaps will be shipped? It's getting worrying now. Some have recieved their sets. I don't even have an update from Candykeys.

Contact customer support, I was getting worried too and I asked on their Discord, they said all SA polyclear orders should've been shipped already. So I wrote them an email and the order shipped out within a couple of days. Good luck!

Offline Alltorn-N56

• Nordic ISO or Bust
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 07 March 2023, 05:35:00 »
Contacted candykeys customer support. Heres to hoping they arrive someday!
Nordic ISO or Bust

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 07 March 2023, 11:02:33 »
How sad, one has to beg and plead for a sub par product a year later than it was promised. No self respecting person should allow others to treat them like this.
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline ComfyK

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 12:14:58 »
Anyone heard from the main designer?

No Esc website now says that they are temporarily closed with no set return date. Seems like the guy may have done a runner.

Has anyone actually received an email back from him regarding refunds or anything of the sort?

Offline Achromous

• noesc.co.uk
    • NOESC
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 13 March 2023, 15:30:37 »
Anyone heard from the main designer?

No Esc website now says that they are temporarily closed with no set return date. Seems like the guy may have done a runner.

Has anyone actually received an email back from him regarding refunds or anything of the sort?

I've not done a runner, not exactly sure what I'm meant to be running away from anyway. I've responded to all the refund requests for my site and issued refunds to all that fell within the outlined refund/return policy.
I am not responsible for other vendors actions when it comes to returning/refunding or responding to emails, but at least to my knowledge all of the vendors have honoured their refund policy outlined on their respective sites.

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 March 2023, 16:01:34 by Achromous »

Offline Jeedyi

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 19 March 2023, 10:06:10 »
I am not responsible for other vendors actions when it comes to returning/refunding or responding to emails, but at least to my knowledge all of the vendors have honoured their refund policy outlined on their respective sites.

While not being responsible, it would be greatly appreciated if you have anyway to reach out to Alphakeys and see what's up. They offered a refund but never actually gave it, do not respond to emails and have closed their discord. I changed my mind and want to get the keycaps, but I don't have anyway to communicate with them, since they seem to have disappeared.