Author Topic: GH - StarCraft II: HotS/LotV players  (Read 183589 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: GH - StarCraft II: HotS/LotV players
« Reply #1300 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 13:50:35 »
zzzzz

Honestly hots zvp sucks ass. Any early aggression relies on the toss not making a sentry or 3. Can't pull the game into the later stages either cus then your army is worse if they tech up or if they stay on lower tech their army is just so much more mobile. And if you play a little too greedy during the mid game you get rolled by +2 blink stalkers. Not to mention all the 4 billion all ins that you need to memorize.
Not much point in being salty considering my race will be broken in 2 days EleGiggle

It's sad you think 'balance' had anything to do with those games.

Never said anything about balance or the finals, it just how the matchup plays out. Obviously life lost the last game cus he tried to transition out of an all in that didn't end the game. Its playable, just not fun.

No life lost because he let sOs scout his all in from pretty early on.
ZvP/PvZ is the best it has ever been as the game is pretty even though-out the early, mid and late game. No more OH **** I HAVE TO KILL THEM WITH AN ALL IN BEFORE BL/IF or SH/CR... I mean all that will change thanks to the new ultra's and lurkers but in HotS it's pretty fair.

What? How do you deny someone from probe scouting on a 4 player map? I guess you can block the ramp, but if they know where you are and you don't have an expo started by 2:40 its either a 13-12 14-14 with or without banes or some stupid roach stuff. And with a that early forge you have a almost a build win assuming you see the lack of expo.

The kill before they get there role has been given to zerg now. Obviously its not as bad because toss takes a longer time to build the un-killable army compared to swarmhost+static or bl infestor and zerg has more midgame options than toss. Although a lot of them lead to you dying to +2 blink stalkers.

All he needed to do was check the watch tower... it was a collosul **** up that Diamond/Masters players would be berated for making

Offline Johan

« Reply #1301 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 13:53:37 »
zzzzz

Honestly hots zvp sucks ass. Any early aggression relies on the toss not making a sentry or 3. Can't pull the game into the later stages either cus then your army is worse if they tech up or if they stay on lower tech their army is just so much more mobile. And if you play a little too greedy during the mid game you get rolled by +2 blink stalkers. Not to mention all the 4 billion all ins that you need to memorize.
Not much point in being salty considering my race will be broken in 2 days EleGiggle

It's sad you think 'balance' had anything to do with those games.

Never said anything about balance or the finals, it just how the matchup plays out. Obviously life lost the last game cus he tried to transition out of an all in that didn't end the game. Its playable, just not fun.

No life lost because he let sOs scout his all in from pretty early on.
ZvP/PvZ is the best it has ever been as the game is pretty even though-out the early, mid and late game. No more OH **** I HAVE TO KILL THEM WITH AN ALL IN BEFORE BL/IF or SH/CR... I mean all that will change thanks to the new ultra's and lurkers but in HotS it's pretty fair.

What? How do you deny someone from probe scouting on a 4 player map? I guess you can block the ramp, but if they know where you are and you don't have an expo started by 2:40 its either a 13-12 14-14 with or without banes or some stupid roach stuff. And with a that early forge you have a almost a build win assuming you see the lack of expo.

The kill before they get there role has been given to zerg now. Obviously its not as bad because toss takes a longer time to build the un-killable army compared to swarmhost+static or bl infestor and zerg has more midgame options than toss. Although a lot of them lead to you dying to +2 blink stalkers.

All he needed to do was check the watch tower... it was a collosul **** up that Diamond/Masters players would be berated for making

His probe arrived into lifes base when his pool was halfway done...

You remember that sOs was going for a cannon rush right? 2 probes scouting. Neither of which even passed by watchtower vision.

Unless you mean the later part where all he gets to see is how hard life is committing. That's bad, sure. But the probe didn't let him see if life started mining gas or if it was a hatch behind it. Off 16 workers you can afford to fuel 5 larva worth of lings and a hatch.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 November 2015, 14:04:59 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1302 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 17:13:03 »
Yeah I watched the game he only walled off his main when he saw how hard Life was going for it. It was the clearest and easiest to pick out **** up in a series littered with mistakes, like corruports in the game with Tempest, like good job Life you killed those two units, now what? Even if he had just made like 5-6 Muta to deal with them at least he could then do light harass, force a couple of cannons maybe delay the blink push... But no instead he had a bunch of pointless wasted supply and then with a pretty decent hydra concave figured instead of just defending he'd walk through the choke and have half his hydra killed for nothing...

I was sad.
Innovation also was poor, not manually targeting widow mines (something he did in countless GSL and Pro-League games), being so predictable Life basically toyed with him...

HotS has produced miserable champions...

Offline Johan

« Reply #1303 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 20:29:17 »
Highground wall in was made after the initial banelings connected, not because of having watchtower vision.

You make corruptors because of phoenix, it's pretty obvious what he was expecting when he directly flew over to the starport after killing one tempest. Sure 7 was an overcommitment, but he had no way of knowing what sOs had at home, had he known sOs wasn't building pheonix and was just banking cash(kinda hard to tell unless you get to see what we get too.) he might have gone mutas or made less corrupers.

Innovation played weird, I'll give you that,  I expect him to do the same mech style that he did the first game every game. On terraform I know its not viable to transition into mech after holding lifes agression. 2 base transition-less hellbat bio isn't viable, even when it holds an allin.
Uh, stuff.

Offline kebby

« Reply #1304 on: Mon, 09 November 2015, 08:38:55 »
European LoTV launch party hosted by TakeTV going live in just under 1 hour. Bunch of pros attending and there's going to be a WoL showmatch, replay casting for WoL etc. More info here. Sounds like a fun event that hasn't been advertised much so wanted to give a heads up for anyone interested. It's also going to be the first event at the new TakeTV house.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1305 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:03:43 »
Wow, this thread is like a graveyard :(

Nobody of you guys playing SC anymore? I haven't played seriously for like 3months, but am actually looking forward to grind ladder once I am not that busy with work anymore in March.

Right now I am watching Dreamhack  :thumb:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1306 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:05:44 »
watching dreamhack too inbetween games at work
I love Elzy

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1307 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:05:45 »
Wow, this thread is like a graveyard :(

Nobody of you guys playing SC anymore? I haven't played seriously for like 3months, but am actually looking forward to grind ladder once I am not that busy with work anymore in March.

Right now I am watching Dreamhack  :thumb:

I've given up with 1v1 ladder, got into dia on eu and stopped, got to plat on na only playing gm's and masters and stopped... the game is a lot more fun to play but the balance issues, maps and the ladder being garbage puts me off wanting to actually put the work in for masters or anything else... so me and my buddie just smurf team games ****ing around building bases in other peoples bases kekeke

watching dh also tho xx

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1308 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:07:37 »
I am having high hopes for the upcoming ladder revamp - I mean it can't get any worse than now  ;)

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #1309 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:08:34 »

I had no IDEA  Dreakhack was happening. As long as TLO's playing I'm watching.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1310 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:10:04 »
I am having high hopes for the upcoming ladder revamp - I mean it can't get any worse than now  ;)

I don't have much hope in them doing anything at all... I mean, all the balance changes they are playing with seem to be from ****ing r/starcraft lmao

he's playing snute now m8
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/dreamhackTV/popout

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1311 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:10:31 »

He is playing Snute in the Quarterfinals right now ... series is tied 2-2 ... and he seems to be ahead in the 5th game!

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #1312 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:11:22 »

He is playing Snute in the Quarterfinals right now ... series is tied 2-2 ... and he seems to be ahead in the 5th game!

yeah, just started watching and then PP.. I will be watching this the rest of the day at work as well.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1313 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:22:58 »
WTF was that game :p

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1314 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:23:54 »

I watched like non of snutes mutas die in the first fight with the vipers and infestors, figured snute had it and alt-tabbed, then noticed it never stopped, who won?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1315 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 13:33:04 »

I watched like non of snutes mutas die in the first fight with the vipers and infestors, figured snute had it and alt-tabbed, then noticed it never stopped, who won?

You should totally watch the VOD - it's worth it  :thumb:

SPOILER:
TLO kept Snute busy at his expansions with ling runbys etc and finally won with Vipers/Ultras in the late game

Offline Johan

« Reply #1316 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:11:55 »
I still play a few times per week, mid masters atm. Haven't had much time to watch dh, Glad thought that most zvz games have changed in a way that you don't have to play it to understand the fun :D
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1317 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:22:05 »
I still play a few times per week, mid masters atm. Haven't had much time to watch dh, Glad thought that most zvz games have changed in a way that you don't have to play it to understand the fun :D

tbf zvz looks to be a lot better right now in lotv than it ever was in any of the other versions of sc2

Offline Johan

« Reply #1318 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 14:36:50 »

tbf zvz looks to be a lot better right now in lotv than it ever was in any of the other versions of sc2

Yeah, there are so many more new options, You're not locked into gassless roach or gas roach.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1319 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 06:50:01 »
playing lotv is mostly trash atm for protoss atm, zero fun.... luckily the amount of drama in the scene is up 10000x :))

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1320 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 03:52:38 »

Rip

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1321 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 05:12:17 »
RIP SC2 scene for good this time
I love Elzy

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1322 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 06:27:12 »
RIP SC2 scene for good this time

idk with so much drama the scene will be alive for a while... just dun play protoss

Offline G-Dubs

« Reply #1323 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 01:38:21 »
I've kind of lost interest in LotV because of the change of the meta. I was a pleb-tier silver player, so I didn't have the meta down before, but now I feel like I'm totally lost. I'll probably 1v1 ladder this weekend and just see what happens.

I'd play some of the other more cooperative modes, but all of my IRL buddies are too intimidated by the game to give it a shot.
KUL ES-87 MX Red || KBP V60 Matias Linear || KBP V60 Matias Quiet Click || Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Black || Leopold FC210P MX Black

« Reply #1324 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 11:21:57 »
All this talk of SC2 dying...

Though I can't really argue. Still, I enjoy playing it.
Currently a Gold level Zerg on EU, and looking for a similar level terran to help me out. I don't know why, but my winrate against terran has plummeted to embarrassing levels.
I also dabble in Protoss, because I played 'toss in Hots. Before all the drama, I switched because pvz was my weakest match-up and I thought the Lotv zerg was looking more fun while 'toss looked less fun, so what better time to off-race? So I guess I called how bad protoss would feel in Lotv?

aaaaanyway, PM me if you're interested in some zvt practice, or just some casual games of any match-up.

Offline Johan

« Reply #1325 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 19:11:51 »
@Sifo brownru 3:0d Drogo, how do you feel man :P
Uh, stuff.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1326 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 19:44:03 »
lol I was surprised I was expecting to catch at least the last game or something when I got home but nope 3-0 ez
I love Elzy

Offline Johan

« Reply #1327 on: Thu, 23 June 2016, 20:20:28 »
Poor Drogo got tilted into a slope after the first game. There was no recovering from that lmao
Uh, stuff.