Author Topic: Shipping from US to EU  (Read 2369 times)

Offline AGmurdercore

Shipping from US to EU
« on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 08:36:37 »
Hello guys! I am finding alot of interesting offers for keyboards but unfortunately i am from Bulgaria so 99% of the ppl here are not willing to ship to me. Can anybody tell me how much does it cost proximately to ship a full-sized keyboard from US to EU (Bulgaria) because i hear alot of different prices from 35$ to 100$+. Thank you in advance :)
What the hell am I even doing

Offline llovro

Re: Shipping from US to EU
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 08:41:27 »
I would say around 60$

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 08:42:58 »
well, since it's a full size keyboard it would be around $75ish in a flat rate box.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 08:45:00 »
So the 35$ that i have heard is incorrect or just this is the difference between TKL board and a full sized one?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 08:58:18 »
I do quite a bit of international shipping, and the answer is that it really just depends. There are several different factors at play. Some will not even ship international, because filling out customs forms, etc., makes them nervous.

Does the shipper want to take the trouble to find a box of the approximate size of the item being shipped, weigh the package, and calculate the postage? This is usually the cheapest route. However, if the weight of the package is over 4 lbs., the Flat Rate packaging starts to make more sense in terms of cost.

Is the shipper looking for the most convenient option? Which is to say ship everything in Flat Rate boxes of the appropriate size. Flat Rate boxes are more expensive, when the package weighs less than 4 lbs. But some people don't even know this information.

The cost of postage for a Large (Board Game) Flat Rate Box shipped from the US to Bulgaria is $78. That is the only Flat Rate box that will fit a full-size keyboard. And if the shipper wants insurance, that adds another $5 or so. Even a Medium Flat Rate Box, which won't even fit most TKL boards in their original boxes, now costs $60 for base postage. You have to remember that international postage rates recently took a large price hike in the US for whatever reason. There is nothing we can do about the increased cost of postage, unfortunately.

I doubt the $35 you heard is with the current rates. I shipped a couple Pokers recently, one to Norway and one to Australia, and the base postage rate (by weight) was over $44.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:02:02 »
Yeah the 35$ i have heard are from like 3 months ago or so. Anyway thank you big time for the info everyone!

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:06:57 »
he is trying to find a cheap way for me to ship my blackwidow to him :) the cheapest i could find was 65$ :(
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:08:12 »
The way shipping rates are increasing, the next hike that comes, it will probable be cheaper to just buy a plane and deliver things yourself.

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:09:29 »
The way shipping rates are increasing, the next hike that comes, it will probable be cheaper to just buy a plane and deliver things yourself.
Hahah yeah the shipping for some boards will be more then the board itself WTF Amerika :D

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:13:27 »
Hahah yeah the shipping for some boards will be more then the board itself WTF Amerika :D
WAT U TALKIN BOUT MURICA LAND OF THE FREE!! OUR SHIPPING IS THE BEST DAMN SHIPPING EVERYWHERE MURICA EAGLES AND FRECHFRIES /sarcasm
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:15:24 »
WAT U TALKIN BOUT MURICA LAND OF THE FREE!! OUR SHIPPING IS THE BEST DAMN SHIPPING EVERYWHERE MURICA EAGLES AND FRECHFRIES /sarcasm
I can imagine that your postal service is using separate plane for each of the packages they ship outside US for that price :D

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:19:34 »
If you can make package under 4lbs, and don't care about tracking it could still be sent by first class for about $39. If you need tracking it can be sent registered for additional $12 but sender must go to post office as these options are not available on usps online.

Problem is for air, usps relies on commercial airlines and subcontracts with fedex as usps does not own planes...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:25:44 »
Would it theoretically be cheaper to just go to FedEx to try to ship then? And if so, possibly how much cheaper?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:34:27 »
Would it theoretically be cheaper to just go to FedEx to try to ship then? And if so, possibly how much cheaper?

Ahahahahahaha! You gots jokes!

Try getting some rates from Fedex. You're probably looking at over $200.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:37:24 »
Right. So nothing makes any sense. I get it now! ;)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:40:05 »
I wish they would bring back sea transport option for international. Sure it was as slow as f*ck but it was dirt cheap.

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:41:54 »
I wish they would bring back sea transport option for international. Sure it was as slow as f*ck but it was dirt cheap.
We all prefer dirt cheap stuff that is slow as f*ck rather then fast stuff that is expensive as f*ck :D

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:45:14 »
Exactly. Many people don't mind waiting twice as long for paying half as much. Most things really aren't needed urgently so forcing everything to go by air express is really just stupid.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:46:10 »
You know what I prefer? Fast stuff that is free (I know, but still) as ****. Thanks, Amazon Prime!

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 12 April 2013, 09:56:03 »
You know what I prefer? Fast stuff that is free (I know, but still) as ****. Thanks, Amazon Prime!
For sure this is the best you can hope for but it is so rare that... hm well it is rare :D

Offline Mazino

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 16:16:25 »
am  practicly in the same position as you , shipping rates make me desperate.
 do you guys think that shipping me  this http://amzn.com/B00AOIRCI6 @ 160$  ( best price for internationals on amazon market) is fine ? not that am gonna pay that for it...

cause i'm pretty sure i'm gonna end up choosing a 70$ shippement icluded zalman 500.. :(