Author Topic: Dear GH... (Destiny Update + Click Clack Giveaway + BroSet w/ Extras Giveaway)  (Read 13823 times)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Dear geekhack,

Well... it has officially been a year since my niece was diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma. I heard from several doctors that she has between a 10 and 25% chance of even making it through surgery a few months in. Long story short, she has crushed all expectations by 8 months now!

I disappeared from this site for a few months to focus on her, but I came back with a new outlook on life and decided to give away all my keyboard stuff. Next thing I knew, I had TONS of people wanting to support by becoming very friendly with me and/or fundraising, donating, etc. I did not expect such an outpouring of love from strangers.

There are WAY too many of you to thank, so I'm not going to start rattling off names. You know who you are. ****... some of you I don't even know who you are because you donated anonymously.

I really want to thank this community for just being straight-up friendly and caring. I feel I have made lifelong friends here, and I attribute Destiny's survival in large part due to GH. Y'all have mentally kept me on point. You saved Mom-Mom's car. You saved my car. You funded food, hotels, gas, utility bills... just to name a portion of it all. The life of Mom-Mom, Pop-Pop, Wyfe, myself, Des's bro and sis have all been basically put on hold for year. It is a year I have learned so much from, moreso than any other time in my life, about just how amazing a 7 year old with damn near terminal cancer, two elderly grandparents who took abused children in, my amazing wyfe, and some nerdy kb geeks can be.

Quick update is that Des, on her exact 1 year anniversary of diagnosis, spiked a 104.5 fever WITH motrin. She had a bad case of rhinovirus plus tested graham positive for staff infection in her extremeties. We rushed up in the middle of the night expecting the worst. She told the doctors she "was done". By the time we got up there she was down to 102 and smiled when she saw me. You all allowed me to get up there and make her smile. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much of living through something like this is mental... for ALL of us.

To get back in the spirit of the original giveaway, I'm offering up this slirple pirple 420 MX clickclack. Within the next week, just post up your best sketch, mspaint, handwritten letter or similar to Destiny. We will NOT be picking favorites. It will be a random draw, but I will not accept entries that I know took 1 minute. You also must have at least 50 post count AND/OR have been a member for 3 months. Last time we did this a bunch of people disappeared after winning.

Sifo has just donated the following to another winner:

Full lightly used bro set
Matching mimic cable
Some binge and ctrl alt stickers
Ctrl alt business card by punksdead

And I want to give a big thank you to BunnyLake and riotonthebay for making the giveaway possible through their generosity.

If you would like more detailed info, updates, pics of Des, etc we do have a private subforum (for security reasons). Please PM me for access.

THANK YOU, GEEKHACK!!!!! <3

PS - Sorry if this is a bit disjointed and not as eloquent as it should be. Went to a buddy's bday party at Midieval Times last night and the wenches brought me a bit too much ale.

Winners are JOEY AND JOKRIK!

« Last Edit: Tue, 19 January 2016, 09:42:38 by absyrd »
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Dear GH... (Destiny Update + Click Clack Giveaway)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 13:43:45 »
I've been practicing my drawing with christmas cards since the first time you had the giveaway :) I'll try and learn something different this time! Hope she feels better soon, I read happy updates before but its been a while since I've seen new updates on Destiny
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 13:47:23 »
I've been practicing my drawing with christmas cards since the first time you had the giveaway :) I'll try and learn something different this time! Hope she feels better soon, I read happy updates before but its been a while since I've seen new updates on Destiny

Haha. Keeping your art game on point. Nice!

Oh... and she has just been pushed out on immunotherapy until April. 2 weeks per month of treatment.

As long as she doesn't catch more of these bugs flying around, it SHOULD be smooth sailing (aside from the extreme pain from the immuno which they treat aggressively).
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 15:35:14 »
I'm glad to hear that her fever has calmed down, but hoooly, she must be one tough 7-year-old! The same goes for you and your family.  Thanks for the update and I hope she continues crushing expectations long past the new year!
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 13:13:22 »
Wow, now you're giving things to us losers?  :confused:  That's not how this is supposed to work!  :-X

I will not be entering this giveaway, but it's great to see Destiny push through so much and continue fighting to this day.  She is so strong, and a big part of that is thanks to you.  :)  Hang in there!  :-*

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 13:17:19 »
Wow, now you're giving things to us losers?  :confused:  That's not how this is supposed to work!  :-X

I will not be entering this giveaway, but it's great to see Destiny push through so much and continue fighting to this day.  She is so strong, and a big part of that is thanks to you.  :)  Hang in there!  :-*

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing... SHTAP IT SOMEONE GIVE ABSYRD A CLACK BEFORE THIS GETS OUT OF HAND.
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 13:26:09 »
It is very nice to see a community come together for a cause, and I am glad your niece is still fighting. Her battle is not over yet and therefore neither is yours. Give it all that you've got; you've done an excellent job so far.

My artistic talents are also embarrassingly lacking. So here are a few words:

Destiny,

The people closest to you are fighting their hardest for you, with you. They'll be with you every step of the way. And whether you know it or not you have brought a lot of other people together as well who are all rooting for you. Don't let them down. We all know you've got this.

Edit: Finally got around to writing something by hand.

« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 14:48:18 by FLFisherman »

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 13:40:12 »
Holy crap my heart started pounding on that fifth paragraph.

That girl has got an iron will and such a big heart! GO DESTINY!!!  :-*

Awesome of you to do this giveaway Absyrd! I hope there are many entrants for Destiny to be entertained by!  :D
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 13:50:12 »
It is amazing how much can happen in a year, right? Just think of the great place she will be in by this time next year. :) I think everyone here was more than happy to help in any small way we can. You guys are doing the hard work. I know I'm happy to be here to support that.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 14:10:00 »
When I just joined GH I kept seeing all the Destiny Supporter tags, without knowing any of the back story. Now I understand a little bit of what she has been through and how both your immediate (and online) families helped to make things better.

I feel like this is your way of giving back to all the community who helped - and so I will not be entering.

I will say for Destiny and for all those in her life; something my friend left me before he passed: "just love it."

It's something he used to say when he was battling cancer and to this day, I still wear a blue rubber bracelet with those words etched in to remind me. "It" could be anything in your life, or maybe he was talking about life itself. But no matter what it was, or what the situation was, it was apparent that after he was diagnosed he loved "it" so much more. Moments where he would usually be annoyed with someone - he would just have the biggest grin on, for no particular reason. Initially when people starting finding out and approaching him sombrely, he would call them "little *****es" and that "he should be the one crying." When he was asked the hard questions his answer was always "just love it man." I think he said it more for others, than for himself.

When life bogs you down, sometimes it feels like you're swimming from island to island, never knowing when you'll reach the next one. I guess I learned that it's important to not just appreciate those momentous occasions that we all have, but the little things too. From the day Destiny kicks cancer's ass to all those times that you made her smile.

But I digress. Really cool give-away, and good luck to everyone. I would love to help some way if it is still possible - I'll PM you.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2016, 14:31:24 by mobbo »
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Connly33

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 18:53:58 »
I wont be joining since i am a newish member, and i think the 3 month requirement is a good thing, people joining a community just for giveaways and stuff is irritating. And id rather leave this to others who have been here longer or have supported the cause.

But i just wanted to say this and a few other things that the community has done makes me realize how awesome the geekhack community is, and why i'm glad i joined it. I was wondering what the Destiny supporter tag meant. All of the things this community does is inspiring, hopefully at some point soon ill be able to do things to give back to other member's and support some of the things geekhack does.

Custom 60% with Cherry MX Clear

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:03:52 »

I'm not too artistic, but gave it my best shot! PM me your address, I'll send the card over with a letter inside. Your niece is a certified badass.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:33:52 »
Glad that Destiny is fighting everyday with you by her side Abs, she won't get a better companion

Good luck with everyone who's entering the giveaway :)

and to Destiny,
Keep on fighting! <3
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:42:09 »
This is really amazing how tough this girl is.
Im glad you were able to be there for Destiny.

I wish her the best!

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 03:55:15 »
Here's my contribution:

(And in a stunning moment of derp, the smudging on that last line happened when I forgot how long Electric DC Blue takes to dry fully and slapped it on the scanner bed too soon... Time to clean that scanner bed. XD; )

Your address hasn't changed, right? I'll see about getting the original sent along if I can find a stamp somewhere. :)
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Thank you all for sharing your stories, kind words, and entries.

Sifo has just donated the following:
Full lightly used bro set
Matching mimic cable
Some binge and ctrl alt stickers
Ctrl alt business card by punksdead

And I want to give a big thank you to BunnyLake and riotonthebay for making the giveaway possible through their generosity.

Keep those pics and notes coming!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
You guys don't like free stuff? wtf

Also a geekhack metallic sticker badge thing. I'll take pics of everything soon~ and I'll probably throw in more goodies.
I love Elzy

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
Yeah come on, guys! Get cracking!

Speaking of cracking, I dropped the letter in the mail today, Absyrd, so you can hand it off, complete with a last-minute pencil doodle. :) Now hopefully between the two of you you can read my handwriting. XD Wrote you a short note as well.
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Got a few PMs from Destiny supporters who aren't big posters. Changed the rules a bit.

You also must have at least 50 post count AND/OR have been a member for 3 months

Get those entries in! Free CC! Free HUGE BroSet package!

Make my niece smile!

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Will write something up tonight.

I have the drawing skills of a 3 year old.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter

Me too, and I'm going to use them in hopes that Destiny will get a good laugh out of them.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
You guys are sooooooo lucky this is a random drawing, otherwise I would EASILY win.

P.S. I spent an embarrassing amount of time on this for how.... abstract... it is.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
You guys are sooooooo lucky this is a random drawing, otherwise I would EASILY win.

Show Image

P.S. I spent an embarrassing amount of time on this for how.... abstract... it is.

How you know I have white siding and a red roof? I'm scared.

Offline joey

I need to think of something to draw!

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter

Show Image

How you know I have white siding and a red roof? I'm scared.

True story?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN

It can seriously be anything.

I forgot to write her interests. May extend this a day or two since I've been MIA on GH mostly due to these infected tooth treatments.

Destiny loves:

Pink and purple
Princesses
Babies (see creepy avatar)
Zebras
Doctor/hospital stuff (I wish I could get her mind OFF this, but everything she plays is "doctor" right now)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
i scribbled a rough thing on a post it note earlier this week, and i'll try to do it in mspaint tomorrow. :)

we need more drawings for des!  it's fun!  someone needs to draw that creepy baby, cause i'm not doing it.  :'(

creepy baby pls.

Will write something up tonight.

and while you're at it, you can draw yourself an avatar.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2016, 02:59:44 by naasfu »
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Blueblue

• * Destiny Supporter
Used my creative juices with my gf. Hope it helps!

124383-0

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Ok! Let's do this!

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
Used my creative juices with my gf. Hope it helps!

(Attachment Link)

Love this!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious

winner 2 gets the above.
I love Elzy

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Great entries coming in now. And thanks, Sifo. <3

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder

Not entering, just drawing.
Totally stole the zebra doe

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Rearrangement of stolen arts is acceptable. :D

Offline joey

I'm working on my entries now! Not sure if I want to add colour, or keep this black 'n white.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
I'm working on my entries now! Not sure if I want to add colour, or keep this black 'n white.

#hype

Can't believe drama gets 200 viewers and free clax and sick bro set gets nada.

I truly want to give this away. Don't be shy if you are my friend and/or feel bad about getting free stuff. It will honestly make us feel good to give back!

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder

#hype

I truly want to give this away. Don't be shy if you are my friend and/or feel bad about getting free stuff. It will honestly make us feel good to give back!

people like drama more than free stuff

legit shocking honestly

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious

#hype

legit shocking honestly

more than free >>> CLACKS <<<

wtf has this place become
I love Elzy

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder

#hype

legit shocking honestly

I should make something

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN

#hype

legit shocking honestly

I should make something

do eet.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

#hype

legit shocking honestly

Cancer.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
More

#hype

legit shocking honestly

Cancer.

no, it was already that. This is now some advanced 2016 cancer

GET UR ENTRIES IN
I love Elzy

Offline joey

I can't draw.

Entry 1:

Based on:
More

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
I can't draw.

Entry 1:
Show Image

Based on:
More
Show Image

You can draw! You captured the creepiness just right.

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
Oooh, this is awesome! BRB making dank stuff

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder

there, even grumpy ass beehatch did something

now I know you sluts can draw, so draw damn it!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
Show Image

:O

Offline joey

Entry 2 (I still can't draw):

Based on:
More

I actually watched a youtube video on how to draw noses for this :P

I put "Destiny" because of this:
Is that Destiny?

She doesn't even put her own face on FaceTime anymore. I just get baby voices.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
I can't draw.

Entry 1:
Show Image

Based on:
More
Show Image

LOL this is wonderful.

Show Image

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
Dear Destiny, you are amazing! Keep fighting, never give up. A beautiful decent MS paint picture will be posted for you soon.
* destiny.pdf (118.87 kB - downloaded 93 times.)

« Last Edit: Fri, 15 January 2016, 21:53:32 by thatsmrdoctortoyou »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
A beautiful decent MS paint picture will be posted for you soon.

Managing expectations. I like it.

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
A beautiful decent MS paint picture will be posted for you soon.

Managing expectations. I like it.

It can't be worse than the picture I drew on my letter before I mailed it. I didn't scan it though so Absyrd will have to be the judge of that.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
for des. :)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Space cats and space zebras. By the time she is done seeing all these, she is going to want to be an astronaut instead of a nurse. Fine with me.

Offline 3K

Didn't know what to do, so I drew a penguin!

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
I'm digging that you worked in the purple and yellow neuroblastoma colors/ribbon. Cute af.

Offline 3K

I'm digging that you worked in the purple and yellow neuroblastoma colors/ribbon. Cute af.

Ha, yea I tried to the purple ribbon! Didn't know about yeelor though.
Hope she likes it  :)

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline tinymakesthings

• staytuned
    • Check out my stuff here!
:)

I hope it's okay that I collectively used geekhack to sign off on that.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
So I'm gonna write something up tonight as I was away the past few days.

Hold me to this absyrd, as I don't want to forget.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Closing this tomorrow, Monday the 18th, at 11:59pm.

Get those entries in!

Offline t347

I wasn't around for the original updates, but I'm so happy to hear that Destiny is still kicking cancer's butt and smashing all predictions.  I hope that my drawing brings a smile to her face because nobody deserves happiness more than a seven year old as strong as her.

Realforce 87u 55g

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Don't have anything I can submit, but our foster baby is called the same. Kinda neat to see.

Offline sitch

Hi destiny! We are final year medical students from Malaysia (I'm the one holding your name!), I know how hard is it to fight the disease but please stay strong. We can beat them together :)

http://imgur.com/zSo6fJ9

Regards,
Sitch

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
What are some of destiny's favorite things? I have seen a bunch of zebras.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Hi destiny! We are final year medical students from Malaysia (I'm the one holding your name!), I know how hard is it to fight the disease but please stay strong. We can beat them together :)

http://imgur.com/zSo6fJ9

Regards,
Sitch

This is very nice! :)

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.

I forgot to write her interests. May extend this a day or two since I've been MIA on GH mostly due to these infected tooth treatments.

Destiny loves:

Pink and purple
Princesses
Zebras
Doctor/hospital stuff (I wish I could get her mind OFF this, but everything she plays is "doctor" right now)

There you go!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Destiny loves:

Pink and purple
Princesses
Zebras

There you go!
Thank you sir. I will need to get my head into this and push what little skills I have. :)

Offline piemancoder

Closing this tomorrow, Monday the 18th, at 11:59pm.

Get those entries in!

Since you're in Philly, does that mean eastern time?
Yoda grammar best has

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
Here is my entry! It was fun trying to do this on my tablet with a fat tipped stylus. Need to practice. :P

Offline piemancoder

Here is my entry. I'm not the best at drawing, but I hope Destiny likes it.
Yoda grammar best has

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
just give it to bee already

Offline piemancoder

We will NOT be picking favorites. It will be a random draw,

I still have a chance!
Yoda grammar best has

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
We will NOT be picking favorites. It will be a random draw,

I still have a chance!
it's okay nobody ever pays attention to what i say OnO

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
CONGRATS JOEY AND JOKRIK!

Joey... please PM me what you want (cc or Sifo broset)!

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.

Show Image

Welp, somebody had to be last.

I hope we continue to hear some updates about Destiny.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN

Show Image

Welp, somebody had to be last.

I hope we continue to hear some updates about Destiny.

She has no fever and no sign of infection.

She does however have severely peeling skin all over her body from the Amnesteem (acne med that apparently also works for JUST neuroblastoma). She finished it two days ago, so let us hope she stops looking like a shedding snake.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
I demand a recount until bee wins

Offline joey

Woo! Thanks Absyrd. Hope Destiny likes the drawings too!

I demand a recount until bee wins
I'm ok with the current results.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
Congrats guys! Hopefully Destiny gets some enjoyment/encouragement from all the submissions.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
grats!
I love Elzy

Offline piemancoder

Congratulations! Those are some sweet things you won  :)
Yoda grammar best has

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
Congrats to the winners!  I will get around to making a potato drawing one of these days..  :-X

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Jokrik has passed on prize. Bro set + extras is now bee's if she wants!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
i demand a recount, bee doesn't deserve it.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
Jokrik has passed on prize. Bro set + extras is now bee's if she wants!

What a guy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator

Jesus, ****.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
LOOOOOOOOOOL
I love Elzy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"

Jesus, ****.

WHAT

Make up your goddamn mind, Jesus.

well shes being mean and everybody is just being rude to me today. im very emotional right now i hate u all

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
Thanks for the giveaway Absurd. I hope i didn't embarass myself with my terrible paint drawing.

Offline sitch

Congratulations to all the winner, lets hope destiny get well soon  ;D

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Congrats!

One day you will all see my art, and it will make you puke.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.