Author Topic: I'm looking to make and sell keycaps. Anyone insane enough to try me?  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Sirgeorge

Hello one and all how are you all doing today? My name, as you can ever so easily see, is Sirgeorge. I'm here today to give a letter of introduction issued by...well...me. Regardless, I'm rather interested in getting my keys in the hands of experienced typists that are looking for a personal touch. I hope that my work will find its way into your space. Now, as for proof of my abilities, I have a bit of a working prototype for you all today. Take note, this is an unfinished prototype and isn't even properly rendered yet (emphasis on the yet) but here goes:

162276-0

A rather ghoulish design. Obviously, it needs work. But, it will hopefully be one in the line of many keys and keysets that I can share with you all. Of course, this assumes you like them. I'm actually getting myself acquainted with the nuances of setting up a group buy and the behind-the-scenes companies that manufacture the goods that are put up on the storefronts. Within the next couple of months, I'm sure I'll have quite a treat for you all, if not within the next month. Oh my, I seem to be rambling now aren't I? I think I'll stop now. In the meantime, do leave comments and criticism. If you like the base design and want to see it advance, let me know. If you hate the whole concept of the key please tell me how you would destroy it if a materialized version of it were to ever come into your possession.

With all love and excitement, Sirgeorge.

P.S. This is going to be fun.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: I'm looking to make and sell keycaps. Anyone insane enough to try me?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 23:36:43 »
I'm not a fan of the cap design but I do think it'd sell. Best advice I can offer is changing the profile, that cap looks pretty low meaning it'd only match DSA, I think a taller cap to match cherry profile or DCS would be better.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Sirgeorge

Re: I'm looking to make and sell keycaps. Anyone insane enough to try me?
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 11:16:14 »
Thank you. I actually took in the specifications of a DSA key in mind when I was designing it. I knew I was going to have to redo it for a more universally used key profile (I think I'm going with Cherry). I'm also very happy that you think the key would sell. I'm actually in the process of preparing for the 3D print prototype so that'll be coming in the next couple of days and I was going to modify this sucker in the meantime. Thanks for the feedback.